Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Frank Worthington has died - RIP  (Read 337 times)

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10

Online WARSZAWA16

R.I.P. I always remember this great goal he scored for Bolton against Ipswich:

External Link/Members Only

Online ulstersubbie

Tremendous skill, scorer of outrageous goals. Only won a few England caps, criminal really. RIP Wortho!

Online mr.bluesky

One of my boyhood heroes at Leicester.

Like many skilled players including Rodney Marsh won very few England caps. Should have won more.

Offline mikecee

Offline Dickled

R.I.P. I always remember this great goal he scored for Bolton against Ipswich:

I remember that goal, think it was on Sunday football highlights on ITV in the Granada Region.
It's sad news, he was a maverick and an entertainer. Players like him and Rodney Marsh, Tony Currie, Alan Hudson, and Stan Bowles lit up football in the 1970's.
RIP Frank.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Very appropriate that he should be on here.
An avid admirer of the female form and scored on and off the pitch.

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0
I grew up watching him play for Huddersfield Town, all the kids wanted to be Big Frankie when you played football at school.  Back in those days the players frequented a well known Night Club in Huddersfield where my mother who worked there met him and the rest of the team on many occasions.

He lived not far from me and drank in a local pub where young and old would sit and listen to his footballing tales.  I am sure that many a pint will be drunk in his memory when the Wagon and Horses in Outlane reopens

RIP Frank

:drinks:

Offline Gordon Bennett

Like many skilled players including Rodney Marsh won very few England caps. Should have won more.

Yes. Considering England were rather shit in the 70s you wonder what a midfield of Worthington-Marsh-Bowles might have achieved had they been used regularly as opposed to just being bit parts. I suppose it was all "old school" back then and the button-downed hierarchy just didn't take to players who were into boozing, birding, gambling and hedonism irrespective of what they could do on the pitch.

Online willie loman

Yes. Considering England were rather shit in the 70s you wonder what a midfield of Worthington-Marsh-Bowles might have achieved had they been used regularly as opposed to just being bit parts. I suppose it was all "old school" back then and the button-downed hierarchy just didn't take to players who were into boozing, birding, gambling and hedonism irrespective of what they could do on the pitch.

i cant actually think of a clean living player in the 70s, except bobby moore.

Online mr.bluesky

i cant actually think of a clean living player in the 70s, except bobby moore.

And Bobby Charlton

Online willie loman

And Bobby Charlton

i was actually joking about bobby moore, a drinker and a frequenter of night clubs.

Online mr.bluesky

i was actually joking about bobby moore, a drinker and a frequenter of night clubs.

I guess all players from the 60's and 70's did and have fanny throwing themselves at them.  :unknown: