Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Ready brek porridge: the healthiest cereal  (Read 1294 times)

Offline BobAJobMan

Jumbo porridge oats for me, cooked very slowly.
Banned reason: Claiming this site condones paedophilia, it doesn't
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Oats, egg whites, onion, pepper, mushroom, sweet chilli sauce, tomatoes, spinach, flaxseed scrambled served with left over steamed green beans.

Small dish of home made rice pudding topped with fresh strawberries.

Breakfast today,

Not as easy as tipping cereal from a box, likely does not need added vitamins.

Offline Xtro

Bacon and fried egg sandwich is the best breakfast - only a weekend treat for me though.

You have a point.   :thumbsup:

But what sauce? Brown, tomato or ....?

I don't have any sauce, I prefer the flavours as nature intended. 

Offline Xtro

Oats, egg whites, onion, pepper, mushroom, sweet chilli sauce, tomatoes, spinach, flaxseed scrambled served with left over steamed green beans...........

I hope your flaxseed is milled as our bodies have trouble digesting whole flax seeds.   :hi:  I'm sure you know that though.

Have you tried yeast flakes? I'm sure they would be nice sprinkled on top of what you cooked up earlier.

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
I hope your flaxseed is milled as our bodies have trouble digesting whole flax seeds.   :hi:  I'm sure you know that though.

Have you tried yeast flakes? I'm sure they would be nice sprinkled on top of what you cooked up earlier.

I know so my flax is ground flax.

Not tried yeast flakes, very happy with everything I have in my diet at the moment. Full of nutrients and taste.

Tomorrow it's an eggy, bacon, pea, cottage cheese mix baked until set (made today cooled placed in fridge), portion of this served reheated with chopped tomatoes, sprinkle of cheese, chia seeds (unmilled), spinach, left over veggies. Dish of strawberries, satsuma, small amount of Haagen Dazs on the side.

Offline scutty brown

I know so my flax is ground flax.

Not tried yeast flakes, very happy with everything I have in my diet at the moment. Full of nutrients and taste.

Tomorrow it's an eggy, bacon, pea, cottage cheese mix baked until set (made today cooled placed in fridge), portion of this served reheated with chopped tomatoes, sprinkle of cheese, chia seeds (unmilled), spinach, left over veggies. Dish of strawberries, satsuma, small amount of Haagen Dazs on the side.

So Anal is off the menu tomorrow then......

Offline lamboman

It's no wonder we're a nation of fatties,I might have a brekkie after a couple of hours excercise otherwise why bother until lunch.
Food shouldn't be a habit.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Blackpool Rock

So Anal is off the menu tomorrow then......
Probably good for Hardsports or Enema though  :vomit:

Offline redveee

Cornflakes for me cause it's so quick to make in the morning. Ready Brek does run rings round other cereals though  ;)

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Ghost89

Can’t beat porridge. Hungry but can’t be arsed to cook? Porridge. Nice drop of maple or golden syrup which always sinks to the bottom. Good stuff.

Online robsmith149

I alternate between corn flakes and weetabix, although only buy the cheap unbranded supermarket stuff, 1/4 the price and taste exactly the same.

Offline puntingking

Am I the only one who eat porridge without any sugar/honey or any other sweetener added?
I find porridge quite alright without any sweeteners.  :thumbsup:

Offline David1970

Can’t beat porridge. Hungry but can’t be arsed to cook? Porridge. Nice drop of maple or golden syrup which always sinks to the bottom. Good stuff.

+1

Offline Blackpool Rock

I alternate between corn flakes and weetabix, although only buy the cheap unbranded supermarket stuff, 1/4 the price and taste exactly the same.
As i've already posted I don't see the point being ripped of for porridge as it's basically just oats however whenever i've tried bootleg cornflakes etc they have always been shit when compared to Kellogg's

Offline Blackpool Rock

Am I the only one who eat porridge without any sugar/honey or any other sweetener added?
I find porridge quite alright without any sweeteners.  :thumbsup:
Looks like it, personally I have  teaspoon of honey and sometimes a sprinkle of cinnamon  :thumbsup:

All sorts of weird things done with porridge though by the looks of it, to my mind porridge / oats is associated with being more like a sweet dish rather than a savoury one but I guess it's a bit like grain so can be turned into either but not for breakfast.

Always thought some of the continental breakfasts were either a bit shit or weird, Italy is strange as they seem to lay out things like cheese; ham; salami etc. I commented to a guy I was on business with that while I liked all that stuff it was what i'd want in the evening as it was basically the makings of a decent pizza, we both just ate the fruit  :D

Offline Xtro

It's no wonder we're a nation of fatties,I might have a brekkie after a couple of hours excercise otherwise why bother until lunch.
Food shouldn't be a habit.

How does having a breakfast contribute to a nation of fattys?   :unknown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

How does having a breakfast contribute to a nation of fattys?   :unknown:
I think some of the posts indicated people were eating more than just a bowl of porridge and it was turning more into a banquet.

There was something on TV a few years back which dispelled the myth about breakfast being the most important meal of the day, the study concluded that by having breakfast you were simply consuming extra calories compared to skipping it

Offline Xtro

I think some of the posts indicated people were eating more than just a bowl of porridge and it was turning more into a banquet.

There was something on TV a few years back which dispelled the myth about breakfast being the most important meal of the day, the study concluded that by having breakfast you were simply consuming extra calories compared to skipping it

Nothing wrong with a banquet for breakfast, as long as people don't over consume on average throughout the day.
"Eat breakfast like a king, ......", etc

Similarly, and without making a TV documentary, I conclude "that by having breakfast dinner you were simply consuming extra calories compared to skipping it

To end up with a nation of fattys, that can range from people just being greedy, up to people with medical reasons and everything in between.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:35:21 am by Xtro »

Offline puntingking

I do think breakfast though is not the most important meal of the day
 I think its dinner. I can survive the whole day without a bite to eat but I can't go to bed on a empty stomach  :thumbsup:

Offline Malvolio

You have a point.   :thumbsup:

But what sauce? Brown, tomato or ....?

I don't have any sauce, I prefer the flavours as nature intended.

Got to be HP sauce with a bacon and egg sandwich.

Offline Ghost89

Got to be HP sauce with a bacon and egg sandwich.

Bacon has to be with brown sauce. When they made limited edition crisps a while back it was bacon and brown sauce flavour. Not tomato sauce.

Online robsmith149

Worst thing is when you work somewhere and they have a canteen that serves full breakfasts, was there 2 1/2 years and every other week when on day shift i would have a fry up 5 days a week, last 4 or 5 months i only did day shift so even worse, 2 years later went to docs and had cholesterol test, was way higher than should be, god knows how high it was back then.

Offline Xtro

Worst thing is when you work somewhere and they have a canteen that serves full breakfasts, was there 2 1/2 years and every other week when on day shift i would have a fry up 5 days a week, last 4 or 5 months i only did day shift so even worse, 2 years later went to docs and had cholesterol test, was way higher than should be, god knows how high it was back then.

I hope you changed your diet/lifestyle.

I'm not trying to scare you here, but - Cholesterol Crystals May Tear Through Our Artery Lining -
External Link/Members Only