Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Cashless society: the end of privacy  (Read 3358 times)

Offline puntingking

External Link/Members Only

I thought I share this rather short but thought provoking video on what a future could look like in a cashless society. The video was released recently and I found it to be interesting to watch.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:22:31 pm by puntingking »

Offline David1970

Don’t tend to take much notice of Rupert Murdoch channels, SKY Australia has the same credibility as FOX in the USA, that’s zero.

Offline Pete123

There's been more and  more articles around recently all about cashless society...
Digital fed dollars, digital euros, i haven't heard any talk of a digital £ yet
There's talk of real negative interest rates, also if you save money unless it is spent it becomes worth less over time
Say you have £100 if that money isn't spent in a set amount of time it becomes £90 excluding inflation
Banned reason: Troll. I can’t take his shit anymore
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline puntingking

There's been more and  more articles around recently all about cashless society...
Digital fed dollars, digital euros, i haven't heard any talk of a digital £ yet
There's talk of real negative interest rates, also if you save money unless it is spent it becomes worth less over time
Say you have £100 if that money isn't spent in a set amount of time it becomes £90 excluding inflation

That's a scary thought. So there be no point saving up or having a savings account. :scare:

Offline spiralnotebook

We’ll have to revert to a bartering system, for example when the handyman mows your lawn or tidys your garden pay him with a bag of frozen peas or a box of eggs. Likewise offer to pay a tart with some veg or a quick lick of paint in the bog. I’m sure it would go down well....

:D

Offline Chorley

We’ll have to revert to a bartering system, for example when the handyman mows your lawn or tidys your garden pay him with a bag of frozen peas or a box of eggs. Likewise offer to pay a tart with some veg or a quick lick of paint in the bog. I’m sure it would go down well....

:D
What could possibly go wrong?  :D

Offline hamchang

Will whoring be counted against you social credit score? Of course it will. As you give you CBDC to your prossie, you will get a black mark against your name. Enough of them, and it's good bye any sort of freedom of life. Can not have CBDC without global digital identity (ID2020) which most sane people who understand the history of compulsory ID and genocide reject. So they need a buy in from the people. Enter "health passports". "Well you need to prove you are safe" etc. Enter a virus with a low death rate, but when you change it to "died of ANY CAUSE within 60 days of a positive pcr test" and use the media to make people feel personally threatened, you then get people clamoring for a jab and a jab passport.

All happening as predicted. Pretty sure there is a post on here by me about this on her saying that once we are cashless, your freedom is gone. Well it's here now. DOn't worry, get your jabs, call of covid passports and forget all about it. Just don't plan on any freedom from now on.

Offline Pete123

Offline Pete123

Track and trace is the foundation for these passes
But its too late now.... people should stand back for a few moments and think with a clear mind whats happening

Offline smiths

I have been reading about us becoming a cashless society for at least 30 years, yes less and less people are using cash but some people haven't got access to cards and apps etc so in the short to medium term I expect cash to continue.

Offline Chorley

But its too late now.... people should stand back for a few moments and think with a clear mind whats happening
Which is exactly why I never downloaded the app  :hi:

Offline Adoniron

I have been reading about us becoming a cashless society for at least 30 years, yes less and less people are using cash but some people haven't got access to cards and apps etc so in the short to medium term I expect cash to continue.

Governments don't like cash because its easier to evade tax and launder money. Once the older generation which is not comfortable with digital payments and online banking has died off, cash will be allowed to wither and die. My kids who are in their 20s hardly ever carry cash, everything is done by card, app or phone.

Offline winkywanky

Yes, I'll be allowed to go on holiday abroad come May, and to go to any cinema or pub/club I like at home, while you may well be severely restricted, at least in the short term. Bearing in mind some of your frankly insane postings about Covid on these boards, thoroughly deserved IMO  :hi:.

Offline Pete123

All my insane ramblings come from official global websites
Anyone can have a look
In many ways I quite admire them as all the plans are in plain sight...
Somethings will be no exactly as said but a general outline is there...

Offline winkywanky

All my insane ramblings come from official global websites
Anyone can have a look
In many ways I quite admire them as all the plans are in plain sight...
Somethings will be no exactly as said but a general outline is there...

I don't particularly want to go over old ground (and that is the very reason I stopped posting in the vaccination thread), but time after time you (and some others) would cryptically post up some misleading morsel or dodgy link from an unverified souce, with no explanation or context from yourself, which would then be proven to be untrue.

You never put your hands up to any of those, did you?  :unknown:

You post misleading crap and drivel, and then you don't defend it (because it is indefensible when confronted with verified facts).

There is no 'general outline' to any of what you posted, there is simply lies and obfuscation, touted by fuckwits like yourself.

Similarly, in a thread about some 'future cashless society', you randomly cite the NHS test & trace App as some kind of example of govt control (when clearly, it is a temporary measure designed for the common good). You're certifiably nuts  :hi:.

Offline smiths

Governments don't like cash because its easier to evade tax and launder money. Once the older generation which is not comfortable with digital payments and online banking has died off, cash will be allowed to wither and die. My kids who are in their 20s hardly ever carry cash, everything is done by card, app or phone.

Which is why I said in the short to medium term cash will be about still. My son who is also in his 20s also very rarely uses cash so I agree with you in the long term.

Offline Pete123

Temporary measures usually become permanent
Income tax was a temporary measure bought in to pay for the napoleonic wars but was never stopped,

Offline winkywanky

Personally I seldom use cash these days (and I'm in my 7th decade  :P) and I have no doubt that eventually cash will probably disappear.

I should imagine what will happen is that a system will evolve where you'll be able to spend unattributable digital money, ie the digital equivalent of cash.

For bigger purchases where you would want a digital trail/receipt, you'll pay as you do now, with card or even on your phone from your bank account, but there'll also be some kind of personal 'slush fund' containing a relatively small amount which you can top up at will, when you want.

Logically, paper and coin cash will indeed disappear, but the needs of a modern, liberal society will be met with a suitable alternative.

Offline Pete123

Having said about cashless I rarely use cash
I have no app's to keep my life simple
I still use checks sometimes
But mainly a bank card, bank transfers or a credit card which I pay off every month
I use the credit card mainly because it offers protection against fraud and if you pay by credit card its easier to get a refund if a company goes tits up

Offline winkywanky

Temporary measures usually become permanent
Income tax was a temporary measure bought in to pay for the napoleonic wars but was never stopped,

Because it was a good idea you buffoon, how else would we live in a modern society with paved roads, a health service and all the rest of it? Duh  :dash:

Taxes have always existed, going back to Roman times and beyond, stuff needs paying for, how else would you not have anarchy?

Perhaps you're just another gormless anarchist, you think you're an idealist but actually you simply have no fucking idea  :rolleyes:.

Offline Pete123

Yes tax has been around forever
It was just an example how temporary becomes permanent

Offline winkywanky

Yes tax has been around forever
It was just an example how temporary becomes permanent

The sheer facile simplisticness of your 'argument' explains your reasoning on this and other issues  :rolleyes:

Offline Pete123

I'm no anarchist
Ive no desire to bring down the system
More of a realist
And go with the flow...
All I want is for people to get along with each other

Offline smiths

I use cash a lot and not just for punting, I do my bit to keep it going. :lol: I pay for my supermarket shopping in cash, I just take the money out of the cash machine outside, I fill my car up and pay in cash. Basically things that I don't need to have proof I have bought in case of a problem I try to pay with cash.

Offline winkywanky

I'm no anarchist
Ive no desire to bring down the system
More of a realist
And go with the flow...

So you simply tore down the govt's response to the pandemic, including unwarranted criticism of the vaccines and their rollout? How very socially responsible of you  :rolleyes:.

You're not a realist, you're an idiot.

Offline winkywanky

I use cash a lot and not just for punting, I do my bit to keep it going. :lol: I pay for my supermarket shopping in cash, I just take the money out of the cash machine outside, I fill my car up and pay in cash. Basically things that I don't need to have proof I have bought in case of a problem I try to pay with cash.

Highly commendable  ;)

It wouldn't be beyond the wit of man for example, to devise a system whereby you paid for modest amounts (perhaps from your phone or some other device) anonymously, in exactly the same way you currently use cash.

In that way the need for physical cash is reduced and eventually ended.

Offline smiths

Highly commendable  ;)

It wouldn't be beyond the wit of man for example, to devise a system whereby you paid for modest amounts (perhaps from your phone or some other device) anonymously, in exactly the same way you currently use cash.

In that way the need for physical cash is reduced and eventually ended.

Indeed, but I like using cash like I still like listening to and buying cds and dvds. Its called being a dinosaur and I am fine with that.

Offline Pete123

I don't remember criticising the governments rollout of the vaccines,
Anyway this is a cashless thread
The vaccine thread just ends up in a slanging match with everyone calling each other names
You'll notice I've never got too involved in name calling
Although I've been call lots

Offline winkywanky

Indeed, but I like using cash like I still like listening to and buying cds and dvds. Its called being a dinosaur and I am fine with that.

...it'll just be a new way of being a dinosaur  ;)

I'm pretty sure at some point actual, physical paper and coins will disappear, but they will be replaced by something which does exactly the same job, ie for small, anonymous payments. Society will demand it, therefore it will be made to happen.

Offline winkywanky

I don't remember criticising the governments rollout of the vaccines,
Anyway this is a cashless thread

The vaccine thread just ends up in a slanging match with everyone calling each other names
You'll notice I've never got too involved in name calling
Although I've been call lots

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Indeed it is a thread about cashless, so why did you introduce track and trace into it? FFS... :dash:

Offline Pete123

Its all connected
There is also talk of a social credit system
Which on the face of it is a Good thing
Whereby bad people get points knocked off their scores and are restricted
People who just get on with life in a decent manner will be left alone
If it was introduced in a fair and honest way it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Offline Jimmyredcab

Most people on this forum seem to be from the older generation, you will all be dead by the time cash disappears, as the years go by cash will become less popular but it’s here to stay for now.
They are even bringing out a new £50 note later this year and we recently had a new £20 note.
Personally I use a combination of cards and cash.
Prostitutes and drug dealers don’t want cash to disappear that’s for sure.  :rolleyes:

Offline Jimmyredcab

I wish you luck with that one, half of the country hate the other half.  :thumbsdown:

Offline Chorley

Its all connected
There is also talk of a social credit system
Which on the face of it is a Good thing
Whereby bad people get points knocked off their scores and are restricted
People who just get on with life in a decent manner will be left alone
If it was introduced in a fair and honest way it wouldn't be a bad thing...
Sorry to sound harsh, but that's incredibly naive and utopian. It will be seized on by politicians and farmed out to their mates in industry so that they can all make a shit load of cash while well and truly fucking us over  :thumbsdown:

Offline David1970

Can I ask a question: Why do take money out of the ATM out side the shop with your bank card to pay cash in the shop, is not easier to pay for your shopping with the same bank card?

Offline David1970

Prostitutes and drug dealers don’t want cash to disappear that’s for sure.  :rolleyes:

Jimmy you missed out taxi drivers, they want their tips in cash so they can declare them to the taxman ;)

Offline Jimmyredcab

Jimmy you missed out taxi drivers, they want their tips in cash so they can declare them to the taxman ;)

More bullshit, you live in Scotland not London.     :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Every London taxi now has a card reader installed in the passenger compartment, most passengers now pay by card, if they decide to tip they add it to the  card payment, many of these people don’t carry any cash.

Offline smiths

Can I ask a question: Why do take money out of the ATM out side the shop with your bank card to pay cash in the shop, is not easier to pay for your shopping with the same bank card?

Just what suits me, I never pay for Supermarket shopping by card apart from home delivery obviously.

Offline David1970

More bullshit, you live in Scotland not London.     :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Every London taxi now has a card reader installed in the passenger compartment, most passengers now pay by card, if they decide to tip they add it to the  card payment, many of these people don’t carry any cash.

Better tell the cabbies at Kings Cross, I pay with card and tip with cash, always get a smile and a thanks for the tip. My  company don’t pay for tips, so I pay tips in cash.

Offline puntingking

I avoid using card as much as possible due to the fact that i don't want the cashless society days to come so by me using cash I am playing my part in delaying the process or so I like to think  :thumbsup:

Offline hungrypunt

Your baby is born and you as a parent are given 10 grand to have the new "chip" in the hand on trial.
Just like the many chips or slow release medical devices that are inserted under the skin now.

This chip allows you as they grow to be tracked by the parents.
as they grow it lets them go to a vending machine and scan the chip to buy snacks, enter cinemas, jump on school busses, taxis, school meals, all payment taken from the bank account linked to the chip
As they turn 18 it allows them access to pubs no proof of id needed, purchase anything by the chip, clothes, electronics, cars, even houses if the chip was pre approved a mortgage, stocks and shares..
coppers stop you..scan the chip, instant crim record, there and then with all details.
buying a new car, scan the chip...blah blah blah .

Fiction? maybe/maybe not

All becase your dad was a tight twat and was bamboozled by the govt at the time.

Offline winkywanky

Your baby is born and you as a parent are given 10 grand to have the new "chip" in the hand on trial.
Just like the many chips or slow release medical devices that are inserted under the skin now.

This chip allows you as they grow to be tracked by the parents.
as they grow it lets them go to a vending machine and scan the chip to buy snacks, enter cinemas, jump on school busses, taxis, school meals, all payment taken from the bank account linked to the chip
As they turn 18 it allows them access to pubs no proof of id needed, purchase anything by the chip, clothes, electronics, cars, even houses if the chip was pre approved a mortgage, stocks and shares..
coppers stop you..scan the chip, instant crim record, there and then with all details.
buying a new car, scan the chip...blah blah blah .

Fiction? maybe/maybe not

All becase your dad was a tight twat and was bamboozled by the govt at the time.

Please explain? or are you confusing humans with your pet dog?

Offline David1970

I avoid using card as much as possible due to the fact that i don't want the cashless society days to come so by me using cash I am playing my part in delaying the process or so I like to think  :thumbsup:

Stick in there King Canute   :D

Offline tynetunnel

Don’t tend to take much notice of Rupert Murdoch channels, SKY Australia has the same credibility as FOX in the USA, that’s zero.
Where’s your evidence for that wild statement?  :unknown:

Fox News was the U.S.’s most watched cable news network in 2020 according to External Link/Members Only

Offline Jimmy83

Not really seeing an issue with a "cashless" society.

1. There will always be countries that only use cash (Due to them being a third world country). If people wanted to trade with paper money because of Privacy reasons, they'd just exchange their digital money for that country's money and trade with that.

2. Even if every country in the world switched to card, people would still find a way to trade money privately. Heck, people already do that now.

3. As soon as a cashless society is announced, you know there's gonna be one guy (probably me) who sells "Thinly sliced rectangular wood" and has a refund policy of 1000 years.

Offline Jimmy83

Fox News was the U.S.’s most watched cable news network in 2020 according to External Link/Members Only
He said credibility, not popularity.

Offline tynetunnel

He said credibility, not popularity.
And I asked where is his evidence

Offline Payyourwaymate

I wonder how gambling and drug trafficking sectors that primarily deal in cash will cope. Cash is going nowhere lol.

Offline Jimmy83

And I asked where is his evidence
I mean, its pretty obvious, even for us Brits who are an ocean away...

Offline David1970

Numbers don’t equal quality :dash:

You got to be dumb not to know this :wacko:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:59:19 pm by David1970 »