Author Topic: Advertising you hate  (Read 66936 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

This ticks all the woke boxes
With considerable ease
It must be up for a lgbqt / diversity award, not that anyone else is interested
Edit: however the blondie milf with tongue studs is FAF yes please
Yeah it's one of those adverts that I class as "Trying too hard" to the point that i'd rather not purchase the product  :thumbsdown:

Offline mr.bluesky

Not exactly an advert I hate but this advert has appeared on tv recently. Build your own half size Dalek.
140 Weekly parts
1st part only£1:99
The other 139 at £11:99
So the total cost of building this model Dalek comes to £1668:60  :scare: and will take you 2.73 years to build.
Who in their right mind is going to build this  :crazy:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2025, 09:42:14 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline StingRay

Not exactly an advert I hate but this advert has appeared on tv recently. Build your own half size Dalek.
140 Weekly parts
1st part only£1:99
The other 139 at £11:99
So the total cost of building this model Dalek comes to £1668:60  :scare: and will take you 2.73 years to build.
Who in their right mind is going to build this  :crazy:

Agreed, the manufacturer should be exterminated!
Banned reason: Inflammatory political post / abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline webpunter

Yeah it's one of those adverts that I class as "Trying too hard" to the point that i'd rather not purchase the product  :thumbsdown:

Moi aussi
There's me thinking that trolley dollies are there to serve drinks eats answer stupid passenger questions & remain calm polite
On Virgin you'll have to wait a while as the trolly dolly thinks he/she [not sure which] is on a Ru Paul stage
Ooooh look at me while i mince up & down the aisle
When i've done enuf mincing i might consider [reluctantly] serving you
You're thinking i'd like some more champagne & say 'please sorry to trouble you ...'
You get the champagne & think go on then, mince off

Offline webpunter

Agreed, the manufacturer should be exterminated!

You are on it today  :hi:  :lol:

Offline nwluvit

Not exactly an advert I hate but this advert has appeared on tv recently. Build your own half size Dalek.
140 Weekly parts
1st part only£1:99
The other 139 at £11:99
So the total cost of building this model Dalek comes to £1668:60  :scare: and will take you 2.73 years to build.
Who in their right mind is going to build this  :crazy:

Only just seen it. Got really excited, but now you have told me the cost may give it a swerve!!

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
Not exactly an advert I hate but this advert has appeared on tv recently. Build your own half size Dalek.
140 Weekly parts
1st part only£1:99
The other 139 at £11:99
So the total cost of building this model Dalek comes to £1668:60  :scare: and will take you 2.73 years to build.
Who in their right mind is going to build this  :crazy:

There's been lots of these "build your own......." promotions over the years.  I read somewhere that the manufacturers reduced the numbers of parts ordered for later issues drastically , as many people give up after a few issues (so say 100,000 part 1 ( the cheapie), 80,009 part 2 and so on, with maybe as few as 5000 for part 20).

Additionally for those who do stick the course, they will offer all the remaining issues together partway through, at a reduced price.

Offline webpunter

There's been lots of these "build your own......." promotions over the years.  I read somewhere that the manufacturers reduced the numbers of parts ordered for later issues drastically , as many people give up after a few issues (so say 100,000 part 1 ( the cheapie), 80,009 part 2 and so on, with maybe as few as 5000 for part 20).

Additionally for those who do stick the course, they will offer all the remaining issues together partway through, at a reduced price.

If all the issues turn up i'll be stunned
Oh we see sir, you are saying you havent received whichever issues which have been sent
You can buy replacements at £23.98, twice the normal price as extra admin for us

Building it over a 2.7 year period how dull is that
A bit like tv series binge watching is much better

Maybe a plan to ask how much to buy all the weeks in one go
A significant saving in postage / packaging
Bring forward the discounted offer as you reference

Just want to try & help @mr.bluesky [edit:  and @nwluvit ] both get a dalek
And then they can both look like 🔔  🔚 ⬇️  ;)

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: January 10, 2025, 05:51:02 pm by webpunter »

Offline mr.bluesky



Just want to try & help @mr.bluesky [edit:  and @nwluvit ] both get a dalek
And then they can both look like 🔔  🔚 ⬇️  ;)

Hidden Image/Members Only

I already do  :D

Offline webpunter

I already do  :D

A quality reply
Is this with or with your Cov shirt ?
 :D

Offline mr.bluesky

A quality reply
Is this with or with your Cov shirt ?
 :D

With or without, no difference  :D
Incidentally Coventry have this season released a number of retro shirts including this  "classic" I can order one for you if you like webbie. the  (in)famous chocolate brown away shirt) a bargain at £50  :rolleyes:

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: January 10, 2025, 09:56:24 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Munter84

I'm noticing a lot of TV and radio adverts recently that use an Albert Einstein impersonator(s?), and they're universally shit. How difficult is it to parody a semi-authentic Swiss/German accent? The current guy verges on sounding like a GoCompare meerkat.

Offline Ali Katt

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 10,971
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 28
The Extra chewing gum advert. Absolute dog shit. Who commissioned that a screaming mouth on someone's forehead. Not even a stoned 12 year old would find it funny

Offline Corus Boy

RNLI advert with the crewman shouting, "Captain, starboard side!"

While pointing to the port side.

Offline Genetunney


I hate all the Cadbury adverts. They are so depressing.
When one comes on, I instantly click off.

Offline MissWolf

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 406
  • Likes: 318
  •  
Who the actual fuck came up with the ad for Pepto Bismol, they need shooting or sacking at the very least  :dash:

Offline chrishornx

Who the actual fuck came up with the ad for Pepto Bismol, they need shooting or sacking at the very least  :dash:

agree with that

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Uber Eats with Javier Bardem  :dash:

An obvious contender but I accidentally put normal TV on at a relative's house and caught the latest George Clooney Nespresso one  :dash:  :dash:

Online myothernameis

All of the Victoria Plumbing adverts, including the most recent one, where the female gets measured for a suit

The new  Victoria Plumbing advert with Peter Crouch former footballer, and this advert is so annoying

Offline I like natural boobs

The Extra chewing gum advert. Absolute dog shit. Who commissioned that a screaming mouth on someone's forehead. Not even a stoned 12 year old would find it funny

Yes absolutely. I hate that advert too.

Offline PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,774
  • Likes: 384
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
The new  Victoria Plumbing advert with Peter Crouch former footballer, and this advert is so annoying

The Ariel washing detergent advert is another Crouch shocker.


Offline DouglasReynholm

I'm noticing a lot of TV and radio adverts recently that use an Albert Einstein impersonator(s?), and they're universally shit. How difficult is it to parody a semi-authentic Swiss/German accent? The current guy verges on sounding like a GoCompare meerkat.
The rights to use Einstein don't cost much, he's one of the cheapest dead celebs. Marilyn Monroe is more expensive but she knows less about a few things.

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
The rights to use Einstein don't cost much, he's one of the cheapest dead celebs. Marilyn Monroe is more expensive but she knows less about a few things.
Todays useless fact
Einstein didnt write E=mc2  as pointed out by the delightful ms Fry External Link/Members Only

His 1905 paper actually contained m=L/c2 which given L was energy then is essentially the same equation There is some doubt as to who/when first re-arranged it to the now familiar form
« Last Edit: February 20, 2025, 04:08:22 pm by timsussex »

Offline RogerHealey

On The Beach ads. Everybody's favourite Northern lad, Paddy McGuiness, delivers a risqué voiceover saying 'booking' this and 'booking' that in the manner of an expletive. How original. Seen and heard it all before, remember French Connection's FCUK emblazoned clothing? Children and the rest of society in general don't need to be encouraged to swear or to swear more.

I am no stranger to bad language but I try to ration it. So here's my ration for today regarding the overpaid and over indulged smug marketing narcissists who dreamt this shit up..... you trendy unimaginative cocksuckers, why don't you FCUK off.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2025, 10:36:28 pm by RogerHealey »

Offline DouglasReynholm

On The Beach ads. Everybody's favourite Northern lad, Paddy McGuiness, delivers a risqué voiceover saying 'booking' this and 'booking' that in the manner of an expletive. How original. Seen and heard it all before, remember French Connection's FCUK emblazoned clothing? Children and the rest of society in general don't need to be encouraged to swear or to swear more.

I am no stranger to bad language but I try to ration it. So here's my ration for today regarding the overpaid and over indulged smug marketing narcissists who dreamt this shit up..... you trendy unimaginative cocksuckers, why don't you FCUK off.
Yes everyone who wore FCUK logos on their clothes was a tosser. Do people still wear them? I haven't seen any. I saw a girl in a nightclub once with CNUT down her top: Considerable Nockers Under Top it said horizontally. Bad spelling and bad advertising: even with her Wonderbra they weren't impressive. It was about 20 years ago, when girls loved to wear tops with SLAPPA  on.

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Yes everyone who wore FCUK logos on their clothes was a tosser. Do people still wear them? I haven't seen any. I saw a girl in a nightclub once with CNUT down her top: Considerable Nockers Under Top it said horizontally. Bad spelling and bad advertising: even with her Wonderbra they weren't impressive. It was about 20 years ago, when girls loved to wear tops with SLAPPA  on.

I remember girls in nightclubs with tops saying "If you can read up this close then you're a pervert" (or similar)

I mean, hilarious, right?

I just used to say "I wasn't really reading it as I was too busy looking at your tits."

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Not a TV ad but the current Bacardi ad on the tube with the dude dancing in front of his mates. Two of the group rightly look unimpressed.

Offline Ghost89

It’s probably been mentioned already here but that fucking train as with the dancing puppet! Everytime I turn the tv on that comes on!

Online hornypunter

It’s probably been mentioned already here but that fucking train as with the dancing puppet! Everytime I turn the tv on that comes on!
It is annoying. I wonder if those on the west side of the country have an equally annoying ad?

Offline scutty brown

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 25,802
  • Likes: 550
  •  
  • Reviews: 126
Advert that I currently detest is the travel agent one recited by a bloke with a Lancashire accent who contrives to make the word "booking" sound like "fooking" - which is how "fucking" would sound given that accent

Offline nwluvit

Advert that I currently detest is the travel agent one recited by a bloke with a Lancashire accent who contrives to make the word "booking" sound like "fooking" - which is how "fucking" would sound given that accent

Paddy McGuinness-very annoying!!

Offline Corus Boy

The current 'Flash' cleaning advert where they chant;

Spray, Wipe, Done!

But all I hear is;

Spray, Wipe, Dung!

Online myothernameis

The current 'Flash' cleaning advert where they chant;

Spray, Wipe, Done!

But all I hear is;

Spray, Wipe, Dung!

Me to  :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Offline Ali Katt

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 10,971
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 28
Yes everyone who wore FCUK logos on their clothes was a tosser. Do people still wear them? I haven't seen any. I saw a girl in a nightclub once with CNUT down her top: Considerable Nockers Under Top it said horizontally. Bad spelling and bad advertising: even with her Wonderbra they weren't impressive. It was about 20 years ago, when girls loved to wear tops with SLAPPA  on.
I know someone who had one which said FCUKINBIGNUTS; it was shock value, there was the Cool As Fuck Inspiral Carpets T-shirts a decade before. Then we had the terrible FBI Female Body Inspector, the man the legend etc. I digress. The booking wow advert is annoying and a not particularly funny one joke short, not sure if it's a riff on Peter Kay's teletext "booked it, packed it, fucked off" routine.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2025, 12:18:47 pm by Ali Katt »

Online myothernameis

The latest Pepto advert.......diarrheaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Dickled

The latest Pepto advert.......diarrheaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Totally agree, it's horrendous beyond words.
The "actors" taking part must have really needed the money.

Offline mr.bluesky

The pure cremation adverts. They seem to be on every commercial break at about 4:30 to
6 o clock. They must think that's the time all the old codgers who are about to croak watch tv 

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
The pure cremation adverts. They seem to be on every commercial break at about 4:30 to
6 o clock. They must think that's the time all the old codgers who are about to croak watch tv

I'm pretty sure they do check the viewing demographics. It's not only direct cremation, but mobility scooters, over 50s life insurance, rising chairs ( I think one of the programmes is sponsored by HSL chairs)

Offline Blackpool Rock

I'm pretty sure they do check the viewing demographics. It's not only direct cremation, but mobility scooters, over 50s life insurance, rising chairs ( I think one of the programmes is sponsored by HSL chairs)
Yes different Ads for different stations, sounds like Mr Bluesky watches Yesterday or similar

Offline mr.bluesky

Yes different Ads for different stations, sounds like Mr Bluesky watches Yesterday or similar

No this is on ITV between Lingo and The Chase
( I don't think I've ever watched the yesterday channel 🤔)
 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2025, 08:07:03 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
I'm pretty sure they do check the viewing demographics. It's not only direct cremation, but mobility scooters, over 50s life insurance, rising chairs ( I think one of the programmes is sponsored by HSL chairs)

Ad sales is big business, it's all carefully calibrated by demographics, peak viewing hours etc. Third party companies do this on behalf of sellers.

Offline Blackpool Rock

No this is on ITV between Lingo and The Chase
( I don't think I've ever watched the yesterday channel 🤔)
OK but they will know the typical demographic of those program viewers at that time of day and choose to advertise accordingly

Offline mr.bluesky

I'm pretty sure they do check the viewing demographics. It's not only direct cremation, but mobility scooters, over 50s life insurance, rising chairs ( I think one of the programmes is sponsored by HSL chairs)

4pm to 6pm must be old farts time then  :D

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,369
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
4pm to 6pm must be old farts time then  :D

It's called the coffin dodgers' slot for good reason.

Offline Blackpool Rock

It's called the coffin dodgers' slot for good reason.
4-6pm is the bedtime slot for the old ones  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

4-6pm is the bedtime slot for the old ones  :rolleyes:  :D

Nah, I have just woken up from my afternoon nap at 4pm  :D

Offline PilotMan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 6,774
  • Likes: 384
  •  
  • Reviews: 211
Nah, I have just woken up from my afternoon nap at 4pm  :D

Only so that you can take your sleeping pills  :D :D

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,075
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
The pure cremation adverts. They seem to be on every commercial break at about 4:30 to
6 o clock. They must think that's the time all the old codgers who are about to croak watch tv

There's one of the direct cremation adverts where a man greets a lady, who says she's just back from a funeral, which had a lovely service.  Errrrr, isn't the point about direct cremation that there is no service,??

Offline mr.bluesky

Only so that you can take your sleeping pills  :D :D

With me mug of hot cocoa  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

There's one of the direct cremation adverts where a man greets a lady, who says she's just back from a funeral, which had a lovely service.  Errrrr, isn't the point about direct cremation that there is no service,??

Perhaps she went to the wrong one  :D