Author Topic: Advertising you hate  (Read 67445 times)

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
I think the idea about these is if there is Mum, Dad and 3 kids watching the telly that the advert will get one of the kids to say "Can we get  pizza for tea?"

Yeah, quite probably. Another reason for me not to like them!

Offline DouglasReynholm

You mean Super Noodles. Is there's anything to get? External Link/Members Only  The only joke is she should be on the donkey?  :unknown:

Ads have their own language and universe now: a world of bollocks if you will. Imagine seeing an ad telling you there was 25% off something that you want to buy, then buying it. That's how ads used to be, about 30 years ago.

Offline nwluvit


Online mr.bluesky

Those Life Insurance ads!!

The advert where the girl runs her hand through her hair and you hear "what a feeling" I assume its for some sort of shampoo but it's bloody annoying.

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
The advert where the girl runs her hand through her hair and you hear "what a feeling" I assume its for some sort of shampoo but it's bloody annoying.
Sounds like either shampoo or tampons

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The advert where the girl runs her hand through her hair and you hear "what a feeling" I assume its for some sort of shampoo but it's bloody annoying.

It's Herbal Essences shampoo.

You obviously don't remember the 90s orgasm/"I'll have what she's having" version.

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
It's Herbal Essences shampoo.

You obviously don't remember the 90s orgasm/"I'll have what she's having" version.

Well no, I try not to watch adverts. Maybe abroad.

Offline myothernameis

The new Tesco advert

I'V GOT THE POWER



Online Charliehutton

The nauseating, up-their-own-arse Rolex ads on during the golf. It's only a watch, for fucks sake.

Offline Dave33ws6

The nauseating, up-their-own-arse Rolex ads on during the golf. It's only a watch, for fucks sake.

Agreed, trying to make out it's the best thing since sliced bread

Offline Boates

Head & Shoulders

♫ I didn't know you had dandruff ♫

I DON'T 
:dash:

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Head & Shoulders

♫ I didn't know you had dandruff ♫

I DON'T 
:dash:

He doth protest too much. Probably has psoriasis.

Online rebelscum

The new Tesco advert

I'V GOT THE POWER

Agreed.  Was bloody annoying with that other woman in the previous ad too.  "I'm back!" she proclaimed, like we actually gave a fuck about where she had been. 

Can't believe nobody has mentioned booking.com, with that talent vacuum McCarthy or O2, "Where the hell my phone?", which Google tells me is by another talent vacuum. 

Offline billybobsmith

It's probably easier to say which ones aren't annoying at present.

Latest ones I've seen today, some already mentioned:

Google Pixel
Some phone advert with the woman looking at it going "ooh" or something.
Head & Shoulders
All car adverts especially the Toyota one with the cake on the front seat.
Any Meerkat one
Any Ant & Dec one.
Omaze (or win a million £ house?)
People's Postcode Lottery
Samsung? foldable phone "I'll never get xxx phone"
Booking dot com
Money supermarket
That car dealer one where the dealers are dancing on a keypad
We Buy Any Car / "I just sold my car"



 


Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The World's Most Northern Man in the Coop 'Donut' ad.

Offline WARSZAWA16

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,807
  • Likes: 126
  •  
  • Reviews: 70
The Haribo advert with the policemen sitting in their car talking in baby voices. Dreadful.

Offline StingRay

The Haribo advert with the policemen sitting in their car talking in baby voices. Dreadful.

Agreed, I would hope that their famiies have disowned them - so embarrassing!  :dash:
Banned reason: Inflammatory political post / abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Agreed, I would hope that their famiies have disowned them - so embarrassing!  :dash:

One of them is the actor who played Jack Boswell in Bread/Northern Monkey in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Offline StingRay

One of them is the actor who played Jack Boswell in Bread/Northern Monkey in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Wouldn't have thought it possible to get much lower than Bread, just goes to show!  :dash:
Banned reason: Inflammatory political post / abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
OK, nostalgia time inspired by the 'TV ads you love' thread and a McEwans lager one supposidly being good.

"I was the first boy in Cork to kiss her...."  :dash:

External Link/Members Only

Women in Ireland that minging back then?

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 104
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
I knew a German drug addict called Karl.

He used to break into people's homes rob them and then  wreck the place just for  fun.

One thing he loves to do in people's homes is to put a brick in their washing machines and start it. Of course the brick bounces around during the wash and totally kills the machine when it spins.

Recently Karl passed away in his sleep, which is sad news, but now...

Washing machines live longer with Karl gone.

Offline Punterperson1971

Not a tv ad but she has done similar ads on tv
But danni dyer surf ad on radio is bad and annoying as it’s a regular ad on the channel I’m listening too

Online mr.bluesky

Lu biscuits advert " taste the love" with that bloody annoying French accent.

Offline myothernameis

The new Simon Cowell advert for royal match

Offline Winker121

Lu biscuits advert " taste the love" with that bloody annoying French accent.

Yes. It's absolutely terrible.

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,076
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
Lu biscuits advert " taste the love" with that bloody annoying French accent.

I think it's Fred Sirieix does those  ads.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Lu biscuits advert " taste the love" with that bloody annoying French accent.
Is it just me that looks at those biscuits and thinks they look like cheap shit  :unknown:

Basically just a rich tea with chocolate on  :unknown:

Hobnobs are where it's at  :thumbsup:

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
I think it's Fred Sirieix does those  ads.

It is.  He's every bloody where at the moment.  Some new show where him and his celeb pals just go to different holiday destinations and try well known dishes and marvel at them.

Here's hoping he opens a restaurant chain and it falls on its arse.

Online mr.bluesky

I think it's Fred Sirieix does those  ads.

He's bloody annoying who ever he is

Offline MrBamboo

The Silent Trade Center UK Car Sales advert... :angry:

Offline Ghost89

The Silent Trade Center UK Car Sales advert... :angry:
The vocal ones with the shouty cunt are just as bad.

Online mr.bluesky

The Silent Trade Center UK Car Sales advert... :angry:

When those adverts came on I thought I'd suddenly gone deaf or my TV had stopped working properly  :unknown:

Offline Dave33ws6

The Cialis viagra one that gets shown before the watershed

Online mr.bluesky

The Cialis viagra one that gets shown before the watershed

Is that the one with the woman sat at her laptop with her husband in the background hovering ?
I think that's a clever advert, one of my favourites, always makes me smile  :D

Offline Dave33ws6

Is that the one with the woman sat at her laptop with her husband in the background hovering ?
I think that's a clever advert, one of my favourites, always makes me smile  :D

It's the one where the woman straddles the man after they go upstairs

Offline myothernameis



Online mr.bluesky

The latest Santander advert with those bloody annoying Geordie dwarfs Ant and Dec  :thumbsdown:
2nd in the annoying adverts list to that bloody Virgin Atlantic airlines advert. 3rd would be the Lenor advert with the beds in the middle of the field and everyone sniffing the sheets.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 06:28:30 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline threechilliman

The omaze ad. Where did they dig her up from?

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The omaze ad. Where did they dig her up from?

She has a really annoying cheesy face.

But... one ad she was wearing a cleavgey dress and had a decent rack.

Offline Munter84

2nd in the annoying adverts list to that bloody Virgin Atlantic airlines advert.

I second that. I'm not opposed to the content so much as the way it absolutely screams "trying too hard". A bunch of marketing execs signed that off congratulating eachother for being really subversive and boundary-pushing, I expect.

Offline MrBamboo

The omaze ad. Where did they dig her up from?

Possibly the most annoying voice I have ever heard.

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 104
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
you know the magazine part works where you buy a magazine and you can build a plastic Aston Martin in 18 months


They are moving up market ad on todays TV for a metal model of a Uboat
The cost is shown for about 2 seconds
35 parts at £50 each (inc p&p) thats £1750 !

How many people is this aimed at ?

Online mr.bluesky

you know the magazine part works where you buy a magazine and you can build a plastic Aston Martin in 18 months


They are moving up market ad on todays TV for a metal model of a Uboat
The cost is shown for about 2 seconds
35 parts at £50 each (inc p&p) thats £1750 !

How many people is this aimed at ?

Yeah  first issue usually sells for a low price of £1:99 then the rest of the issues sell for £9:99 . It takes about 200 issues to complete the model . It works out cheaper to buy the real thing.  :dash:
How many people is this aimed at ?  Idiots I would imagine

Offline A Decent Fist

Can't remember the details but I keep seeing an ad with some twat dressed as a leprechaun prancing about on a stage and getting excited in a grating, whining northern accent. Might be for online betting.

Easily the most annoying ad I've seen for years.

Online mr.bluesky

Can't remember the details but I keep seeing an ad with some twat dressed as a leprechaun prancing about on a stage and getting excited in a grating, whining northern accent. Might be for online betting.

Easily the most annoying ad I've seen for years.

Probably the advert with that talentless twat in a hat Keith Lemon. Some online casino company.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:02:57 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline myothernameis

All of these adverts for lottery companies, getting as bad as the funeral cover adverts

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS SPONSORED BY VISIT THE U S A DOT COM!