Author Topic: Advertising you hate  (Read 67413 times)

Offline radioman33

Funeral plan adverts,they are a con .


Offline Blackpool Rock

Funeral plan adverts,they are a con .
I'd rather be dead than take out a funeral plan, oh no ait a minute ..............  :D

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 104
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Funeral plan adverts,they are a con .

depends on how old you are ...

Offline Blackpool Rock

The over 50's life insurance plans are a con  :thumbsdown:

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144

Offline JontyR

Funeral plan adverts,they are a con .

"A funeral costs more than you think"

Not 'alf

External Link/Members Only

Offline Dave33ws6

Jane Plan and its cast of cunts. "I lost weight and it stayed lost." - sure about that love?

British Seniors and the coffin dodging "50 year old".

Agreed, especially the smug looking blonde
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 02:34:29 am by Dave33ws6 »

Offline Ali Katt

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 10,971
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 28
"A funeral costs more than you think"

Not 'alf

External Link/Members Only
I think I read £2500 is the average price. Grim advert given most people are struggling with rising costs.

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Fabreze and the bizarrely quirky yet sexy actresses they use.

Offline DouglasReynholm

Fabreze and the bizarrely quirky yet sexy actresses they use.
Eh? Can you provide any links? I've had a few bizarrely quirky yet sexy girls but not seen any advertising Febreze?

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Eh? Can you provide any links? I've had a few bizarrely quirky yet sexy girls but not seen any advertising Febreze?

External Link/Members Only

Online mr.bluesky

The Listerine advert with the donkey with the Scottish accent, very annoying.

Online alabama1

The Listerine advert with the donkey with the Scottish accent, very annoying.
The Scottish accent more so than the donkey i'll wager  :lol:

Offline David1970

The Listerine advert with the donkey with the Scottish accent, very annoying.

I really think that advert is funny, sounds like a few of my Scottish friends.

Offline george r

all the adverts asking for money

Offline billybobsmith

Fabreze and the bizarrely quirky yet sexy actresses they use.

I keep getting one with a redhead on my phone.  Can tolerate that.
External Link/Members Only


Car adverts annoy me with all these fake people flashing their wealth whilst driving around empty (Spanish?) city streets without a care in the world, usually with the words "not UK spec" somewhere.

The Meerkat adverts reached rock bottom ages ago and are tunnelling downwards more rapidly than Bruce Willis and his mining team on a planet killing asteroid.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:51:49 pm by billybobsmith »

Offline Munter84

The Listerine advert with the donkey with the Scottish accent, very annoying.

LASTARRINE!

Online hornypunter

Webuyanycar. The one where they get out and start prancing around.

Offline David1970

Webuyanycar. The one where they get out and start prancing around.

Could be worse, it could be the advert with Philip Schofield

Hidden Image/Members Only

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
That stupid talking cockney otter and the Thames Water workers.

"Aww, fanx."

Online mr.bluesky

Could be worse, it could be the advert with Philip Schofield

Hidden Image/Members Only

Hopefully they could re make it where his parachute fails to open  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

Hopefully they could re make it where his parachute fails to open  :D
He's been dropped by ITV; The Princes Trust and various other companies however rumours are circulating about another TV ad  :rolleyes:



Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline StingRay

Hopefully they could re make it where his parachute fails to open  :D

and a similar parachute for kevin bacon please  ;)
Banned reason: Inflammatory political post / abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Dave33ws6

and a similar parachute for kevin bacon please  ;)

Those EE adverts are really annoying

Online mr.bluesky

He's been dropped by ITV; The Princes Trust and various other companies however rumours are circulating about another TV ad  :rolleyes:



Hidden Image/Members Only

I bet he's got a season ticket for this Swiss football team  :D

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Dave33ws6

The latest McDonald's advert with the random piano music

Online mr.bluesky

Reviving an old topic but the Lastest Samsung flip phone advert is bloody annoying especially as they seem to show it at every advert break.

Offline Drayki

The bloody annoying ITV X that’s on on every ad break, really gets on my nerves, wouldn’t mind but the fuckers want to charge everyone for repeats that most people have seen  :dash:

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 104
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
the adverts from Channel 5 news which show an interview with Katie Price saying the police should be ashamed

now theres a woman who should know what shame is !

Offline Ghost89

The revitive ad with beefier botham.

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The revitive ad with beefier botham.

Him and Eamonn Holmes. Both seem to have the acting skills of Verisure ads.

Offline FLYING BLUE

Verisure alarms - absolutely bloody awful

Online mr.bluesky

the adverts from Channel 5 news which show an interview with Katie Price saying the police should be ashamed

now theres a woman who should know what shame is !

I don't think she does, that woman has no shame.

Offline AnthG

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 8,861
  • Likes: 9
  •  
  • Reviews: 40
Going back to the 90s. But its what i remembered on seeing this title.

The McEwen's larger advert of the 90s. It went on for ages. I had no clue what was going on throughout and it was on almost every ad break. I just watched it again and I still am not sure what its on about?

External Link/Members Only
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,236
  • Likes: 799
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Going back to the 90s. But its what i remembered on seeing this title.

The McEwen's larger advert of the 90s. It went on for ages. I had no clue what was going on throughout and it was on almost every ad break. I just watched it again and I still am not sure what its on about?

External Link/Members Only
You named the product so it did it's job.

Offline RandomGuy99

Hang gliding goats from Virgin Media

Everyone knows goats can't hang glide. Only foxes can do that.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Hang gliding goats from Virgin Media

Everyone knows goats can't hang glide. Only foxes can do that.
Yeah I saw that one at the weekend, when it started I thought it looked different and could end up being a funny advert, unfortunately it wasn't and i'm left scratching my head as to the significance of the goats and hand gliders  :unknown:  :crazy:  :thumbsdown:  :dash:

Seems to be in the same camp as the shitty 3 adverts years ago with the Shetland Ponies moonwalking etc  :thumbsdown:

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
I’ve discovered the ‘Record’ button; and am fairly good at the long press to skip ads entirely. On a couple of channels, their own product is always the last ad in a commercial, making it fairly easy to halt super-fast forward at the exact point.

I don’t hate all ads. I don’t like ‘inappropriate’ ones. Inappropriate ones are ones I don’t like. Patio adverts. Ads for children’s toys. Pizza ads (who needs a pizza ad? You just phone up if you want one). Ads trying upsell wifi broadband phones.

The ads I like are ones with beautiful women with high production values selling expensive perfume. I don’t buy expensive perfume; but the ads are tasteful.

Online mr.bluesky

Hang gliding goats from Virgin Media

Everyone knows goats can't hang glide. Only foxes can do that.

I thought it was squirrels  :D

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
A special mention might to go to the risible Bank of Scotland ad.

For those of you fortunate enough never to have seen it, it features a dumpy, brainless-looking woman wanting to be ‘friendly’. She holds an umbrella (also unlikely as umbrellas are frequently useless in Scotland due to wind). She keeps telling me they are friendly bank. A bit like a busker sat outside trying to get your business on the way out. What happened to people you feel you could trust with more than some loose change?

Surely ‘honest’, ‘financially capable’, ‘trustworthy’, ‘competent’ are things you need from a bank. Before they started closing branches and shifting people around, my local branch actually greeted me by name. The BoS manager in one shitville area of the city I visited didn’t even know her own bank’s rules. I left, and went to a more competent branch.

Online mr.bluesky



The ads I like are ones with beautiful women with high production values selling expensive perfume. I don’t buy expensive perfume; but the ads are tasteful.

I find those arty farty perfume ads and mens cologne ads even more annoying  :dash:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 01:35:01 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
I find those arty farty perfume ads and mens cologne ads even more annoying  :dash:
Fuck the men’s ‘Cologne’ ads.
But Charlize Theron slinking down some catwalk steps I find very easy on the eye. I like beautiful women. And catwalks.

I’ll swap you pizza-n-patio adverts for slinky sexy.  :D

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,076
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
The (I think it's for) Pot Noodle with the old woman carrying a donkey on her back....I don't get it.

Offline Blackpool Rock

The (I think it's for) Pot Noodle with the old woman carrying a donkey on her back....I don't get it.
Yeah been around a while that one but agree it's shit  :thumbsdown:

Online mr.bluesky

Fuck the men’s ‘Cologne’ ads.
But Charlize Theron slinking down some catwalk steps I find very easy on the eye. I like beautiful women. And catwalks.

I’ll swap you pizza-n-patio adverts for slinky sexy.  :D

A good point  :rolleyes:

Online mr.bluesky

The latest lottery advert with the two gay men really annoys me, and the one where the ticket blows out the man's hand  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 08:50:30 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline JontyR

Pizza ads (who needs a pizza ad? You just phone up if you want one).

I think the idea about these is if there is Mum, Dad and 3 kids watching the telly that the advert will get one of the kids to say "Can we get  pizza for tea?"

Offline DouglasReynholm

The latest lottery advert with the two gay men really annoys me, and the one where the ticket blows out the man's hand  :thumbsdown:
Most lottery tickets blow. Unless you get three or more numbers.

Yes this ad's the worst at the moment - and any woke ads where they're trying to tell you to buy something cos it will make you more black, gay, tranny, a cat, etc...

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The (I think it's for) Pot Noodle with the old woman carrying a donkey on her back....I don't get it.

The first few times I thought it was a sexual reference.

The old lady resembles several Latina working "girls" who've appeared from behind doors over the years.