Author Topic: Advertising you hate  (Read 67283 times)

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Think the one you mean is the "Perfect" advert which doesn't use supermodels but let's say "Quirky" looking people all claiming to be "perfect"
External Link/Members Only

Cant stand these type of self loving and allegedly all inclusive adverts, absolute bunch of bollocks.

They open and close the advert with the most supermodel looking type of girl... says it all really.

Perfume adverts in general are such a waste of time and space... although the Zoe Kravitz one does always grab my attention when it's on!!

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 09:13:58 am by The0neAnd0nly »

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
No this is the Daisy advert, a bit wanky but then again so are all the perfume adverts but i'd be happy to have a go at these three  ;)
External Link/Members Only

Think the one you mean is the "Perfect" advert which doesn't use supermodels but let's say "Quirky" looking people all claiming to be "perfect"
External Link/Members Only

It's opened by Kate Moss' daughter.

Make no mistake, these are products for the beautiful people.  Not the kind of people who frequent paid for sex sites.

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
"And you, what would you do for love?" :dash:

Offline mazda40

Colgate. In particular this bint with that horrible clit dangling between her front teeth I look away whenever it comes on


Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Ghost89

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again as it’s back on for Xmas clearly….Marc Jacobs…..daisy daisy daisy.
Boils my fucking piss!! :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The "ay up" voicemail message Branston ad for that lass who toddles off t' uni.

Offline DouglasReynholm

Colgate. In particular this bint with that horrible clit dangling between her front teeth I look away whenever it comes on


Hidden Image/Members Only
That's a real ad? Do they have positive discrimination for models with teeth like that now so they have to give them the job? :angry:

Offline JontyR

That's a real ad?

Yes.

Quote
Do they have positive discrimination for models with teeth like that now so they have to give them the job?

No.

Quote
:angry:

Why are you getting angry about something that isn't true? In the words of Michael Winner....calm down dear, it's just a commercial.

Offline Ali Katt

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 10,971
  • Likes: 33
  •  
  • Reviews: 28
Colgate. In particular this bint with that horrible clit dangling between her front teeth I look away whenever it comes on


Hidden Image/Members Only
Girls with diastema always absolutely filthy in the sack.

Offline myothernameis

There a new domino advert, hate it, as its so annoying, and its the opera one

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:35:09 pm by myothernameis »

Offline Dave33ws6

The viagra advert with the walk 500 miles song. Literally every advert break and it gets shown before 9pm too

Offline Dave33ws6

The Indeed radio adverts.

I need Indeed

Indeed you do

Offline Dave33ws6

When the love honey advert comes on and you are sitting there with your parents with no control over the TV remote  :dash:

Offline theblade

Most of the tv I watch I’ve recorded to the Sky box so just fast forward them.
One I have seen than than is irritating is the Fat opera guy not sure what it is but find it painful

Offline Blackpool Rock

Most of the tv I watch I’ve recorded to the Sky box so just fast forward them.
One I have seen than than is irritating is the Fat opera guy not sure what it is but find it painful
How to you know it's irritating when compared to other adverts though  :unknown:
Perhaps you need to watch some more ads so you can go compare  :hi:

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
"Come on, you big beautiful weirdos!" :dash:

Offline DouglasReynholm

"Come on, you big beautiful weirdos!" :dash:
Is that from an advert or do you mean us?

Offline Dickled

1. The David Seaman Safestyle advert.
I know he was a great goalkeeper and I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but he just looks like a big grinning idiot in the advert, totally charisma free.

2. The Wiltshire Farm Food advert. Employees (presumably) of the company who can't sing, singing "Bring me sunshine", obviously aimed at enticing elderly customers, perhaps the more senile ones.

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Bank of Scotland. Some fat little mentally-challenged cow with an umbrella talking shite and saying "we" as if she represents all Scottish people. A lookalike for a certain other fat little mentally-challenged cow whom we cannot mention as per the rules.

Graham Norton advertising how easy it is "just to log on" to the BBC site -- like he's inviting me to stuff a log up his chuff. Nowt against him being gay, just sick of him ramming his gayness down everyone's throat. (You can watch or avoid his show -- avoiding logging in to the Beeb is harder if you want to use the site.)

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
American adverts for medicines with a cheery little voice listing possible side-effects including death.

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
All Classic FM adverts. They are all at a louder volume and targetting the sort of redneck audience that doesn't listen to classical music anyway.

Offline Blackpool Rock

"Come on, you big beautiful weirdos!" :dash:
I actually think it's quite funny but sometimes certain things either strike a chord or they are annoying  :unknown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Bank of Scotland. Some fat little mentally-challenged cow with an umbrella talking shite and saying "we" as if she represents all Scottish people. A lookalike for a certain other fat little mentally-challenged cow whom we cannot mention as per the rules.

Graham Norton advertising how easy it is "just to log on" to the BBC site -- like he's inviting me to stuff a log up his chuff. Nowt against him being gay, just sick of him ramming his gayness down everyone's throat. (You can watch or avoid his show -- avoiding logging in to the Beeb is harder if you want to use the site.)
Why did you think you'd caught a dose off her  :D

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Is that from an advert or do you mean us?

Channel 4 one, for, erm, Channel 4.

It's on all the bloody time.

Offline Ghost89

The shampoo advert with the singing hair when they run their fingers through it.

Offline lillythesavage

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 2,666
  • Likes: 36
  •  
  • Reviews: 17
The Cinch and webuyanycar ads, same company so same producers no doubt, one feeds the other with cars.
Banned reason: Undesirable, previously banned, still attacking members, discussing UKP with SP, toxic personality, it’s a no from me!,
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Sha99er

Pretty much every ad on TV nowadays because of the whole PC/WOKE bullsh1t.


Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Pretty much every ad on TV nowadays because of the whole PC/WOKE bullsh1t.

There was a lovely advert for Belivita biscuits where the guy brings his OF tea and biscuits in bed. Apparently, it was 'sexist' and cut. Then they did an ad where she was on an exercise machine and that was sexist as well. ffs.

The fact that both women were attractive was probably was a factor. An ugly fat lesbian would doubtless have been ok.

Very few ads are beautiful to look at. More like someone stopping you in the street and hitting you over the head with a rolled-up Daily Mail.

I approve of ads that cost a fortune with some cat-walk babe walking down the staircase of a glittering 5-star hotel covered in jewels followed by a subtle mention of some very expensive designer perfume. Or ads about beautiful cars: the sort that most of us won't ever be able to afford.

Is it too much to want something a little inspiring in between a cliffhanger and people getting blown on the 9 o'clock news??

Offline Sha99er

There was a lovely advert for Belivita biscuits where the guy brings his OF tea and biscuits in bed. Apparently, it was 'sexist' and cut. Then they did an ad where she was on an exercise machine and that was sexist as well. ffs.

The fact that both women were attractive was probably was a factor. An ugly fat lesbian would doubtless have been ok.

Very few ads are beautiful to look at. More like someone stopping you in the street and hitting you over the head with a rolled-up Daily Mail.

I approve of ads that cost a fortune with some cat-walk babe walking down the staircase of a glittering 5-star hotel covered in jewels followed by a subtle mention of some very expensive designer perfume. Or ads about beautiful cars: the sort that most of us won't ever be able to afford.

Is it too much to want something a little inspiring in between a cliffhanger and people getting blown on the 9 o'clock news??
~

Yup, yup and yup!

Watching ads on TV now is an absolute cringe fest, almost every ad i see now is reeking of cheesyness...  :crazy:

Offline mr.bluesky

The Sky glass TV advert with the little kid dressed as a wizard really gets on my tits.  :mad:
Also the Santander adverts with those annoying Geordie twats Ant and Dec. It's not as though they are short of a few Bob that they need to advertise anything. I've got nothing against Geordies but just find these pair irritating. It's bad enough that they appear on nearly everything ITV  show without appearing in the advert breaks as well  :angry:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 04:13:51 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Dave33ws6

The Sky glass TV advert with the little kid dressed as a wizard really gets on my tits.  :mad:
Also the Santander adverts with those annoying Geordie twats Ant and Dec. It's not as though they are short of a few Bob that they need to advertise anything. I've got nothing against Geordies but just find these pair irritating. It's bad enough that they appear on nearly everything ITV  show without appearing in the advert breaks as well  :angry:

Agreed. When Saturday Night Takeaway finishes they will be on our screens again in Britain's Got Talent. It's neverending

Offline The0neAnd0nly

I know it's not really a TV advert but...

I listen to Spotify 4 or 5 hours a day whilst working. There is  a Paddy Power advert where fake Liam Gallagher is giving a reliving the 90s speech "go on ourrrrrrrrrr kid".

Makes me shudder everytime it starts  :thumbsdown:



I'm a tight Yorkshireman using the free version of Spotify before anyone asks lol

Offline Blackpool Rock

Agreed. When Saturday Night Takeaway finishes they will be on our screens again in Britain's Got Talent. It's neverending
Yeah plus the "I'm a washed up Z lister get me out of here"  :sarcastic:

Offline Drayki

The batchelors super noodles one with the donkey on that annoying woman’s shoulders  :thumbsdown:

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Does Sky have more acceptable adverts than Ch4/ITV?

Just watched their ad for LoveHoney. A bit less abrasive than the endless ear-aching ads on the others. Or am I just fed up with U.K.-TV advert repetitiveness? :unknown:

Offline Dave33ws6

Does Sky have more acceptable adverts than Ch4/ITV?

Just watched their ad for LoveHoney. A bit less abrasive than the endless ear-aching ads on the others. Or am I just fed up with U.K.-TV advert repetitiveness? :unknown:

It's more than a bit awkward watching that with your parents

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Teapigs.

- murdering Inner City's seminal 'Good Life'
- Johnny Vegas lookalike actor who's punching
- smug as fuck

External Link/Members Only

Offline Gordon Bennett

Saw an ad for a sanitary pad earlier. Lady struggling at yoga due to her "bumpy pad". Apparently cheap inferior pads get lumpy when they're full of piss. Things you learn eh!?

Slightly related.... Despite all ads for lady's sanitary products using a visual featuring blue liquid, I swear I saw an ad about 12 years ago where they poured RED liquid into a tampon to demonstrate the absorbency. Never saw it happen again though - presume it's too redolent of real life to stomach?

Offline lamboman

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 1,115
  • Likes: 6
  •  
  • Reviews: 30
Fitbit wokeness at it's worst.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PatMacGroin

Saw an ad for a sanitary pad earlier. Lady struggling at yoga due to her "bumpy pad". Apparently cheap inferior pads get lumpy when they're full of piss. Things you learn eh!?

Slightly related.... Despite all ads for lady's sanitary products using a visual featuring blue liquid, I swear I saw an ad about 12 years ago where they poured RED liquid into a tampon to demonstrate the absorbency. Never saw it happen again though - presume it's too redolent of real life to stomach?

I noticed a new sanitary product ad on TV last night. It featured a very big girl doing ballet and ice skating.

Clearly it's an attempt to be "body positive", but it looks like a parody that you might see in a comedy sketch show. I had to do a double take when I saw it, couldn't believe it was real and actually started laughing. It had a very surreal, ridiculous feel to it. (That's a generational reaction from someone used to sketch shows in the 80's and 90's. TBH, when I realised it was supposed to be a genuine ad my initial reaction made me wonder if I was being a bit mean, or if the young people they have making these ads really have no awareness at all.)

Offline DouglasReynholm

I noticed a new sanitary product ad on TV last night. It featured a very big girl doing ballet and ice skating.

Clearly it's an attempt to be "body positive", but it looks like a parody that you might see in a comedy sketch show. I had to do a double take when I saw it, couldn't believe it was real and actually started laughing. It had a very surreal, ridiculous feel to it. (That's a generational reaction from someone used to sketch shows in the 80's and 90's. TBH, when I realised it was supposed to be a genuine ad my initial reaction made me wonder if I was being a bit mean, or if the young people they have making these ads really have no awareness at all.)
They should use curvy girls with decent figures and dump the skeletons, but not obese ones because it's not healthy. This country's already the fattest in europe and we shouldn't encourage women to eat chips for breakfast.

Offline rickyponting

That stupid holiday advert with the Christmas song in it "the most wonderful time of the year"

Offline JontyR

They should use curvy girls with decent figures and dump the skeletons,

And how many extra packs of sanitary pads are you going to buy if they did?

Offline spiralnotebook

I don’t have an annoying ad problem, since ditching the tv licence I no longer watch tv. Just have Netflix for moments of weakness. Also just binned YouTube due to the non stop ads until I can find an ad blocker to use for tv viewing. Any suggestions?

Offline DouglasReynholm

I don’t have an annoying ad problem, since ditching the tv licence I no longer watch tv. Just have Netflix for moments of weakness. Also just binned YouTube due to the non stop ads until I can find an ad blocker to use for tv viewing. Any suggestions?
Use Firefox this as your browser External Link/Members Only and install this onto it External Link/Members Only  I've never seen an ad on YouTube on my PC.

You're right not to pay your license fee, fuck that. Pay no poll tax!  ;)

Offline george r

Stella McCartney in the Audi car advert !!

Offline StingRay

Just getting worse and worse and more and more stupid FFS! Makes me more and more determined never to buy anything from compare the meercunts.cunt!  :scare:
Banned reason: Inflammatory political post / abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,236
  • Likes: 799
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
I understand your frustration, it's a bit like when someone starts a new thread instead of posting on the already running 7 page one on the very same subject.  :hi:

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=299964.300

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 104
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
Those Admiral cartoon ads showing turkey falling from a balloon and destroying a car - but its Ok the insurance will cover it - no mention of the increased premium next year of course.
Shows that they cover idiots - suppose that is the market they are after
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 06:34:38 pm by timsussex »

Offline timsussex

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Likes: 104
  •  
  • Reviews: 36
we need a smacked botty icon !