Author Topic: Advertising you hate  (Read 67344 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Quite. They're all detestable.

For starters, it's rare to see any group of people in an ad that's representative of what Britain actually looks like outside of Tottenham. But worse than that, is the total lack of imagination. We had memorable ads in the old days, with strap lines and sayings that passed into common parlance.

Refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach.
You got an 'ology.
Tea's too wet without one
You cant get better than a Kwik Fit fitter
Does what it says on the tin
For mash get smash

and so on

And the ads just looked better and were far more imaginative.

Like this Honda ad: External Link/Members Only

Cadburys gorilla: External Link/Members Only

Guiness: External Link/Members Only
Not that memorable then as it was you can't get quicker than a kwik fit fitter  :hi:

Anyway plenty of gems on here that I agree with -

I don't mind the current Just eat ads with Snoop Dog but that's perhaps because I hated the previous ones where people randomly sang the line followed by "Ohhhhhh"  :angry:

Agree the Nationwide monologues are just totally fucking shit  :dash:

Strangely I don't mind the meercat ads and Go compare, the current Moneysupermarket ones are OK but they have had a few which I hated like the suited guy twerking in tight hotpants or whatever they were, I purchased through another comparison site as a direct result of the ad.

3 used to have fucking stupid adverts with a shetland pony moonwalking plus others of similar ilk at the time  :thumbsdown:

Most of the you tube ads as there are simply too many of them but i'm fucked if i'm paying £12 a month to get rid of them, fucking rip off, why do they always want way too much cash for all this shit  :unknown: I could probably go £2 at a push
You tube pop up often asks if I liked the advert and I say no every time, they must be wondering what the fuck to push my way but I seem to keep getting adverts for Grammerly FFS  :wacko:

As WW pointed out most ads are aimed at women and seem to be quite content in putting men down as that's apparently OK  :thumbsdown:

Peoples postcode lottery and song, that ad is clearly aimed at a certain demographic  :bomb: There was one of these a few years back where they got some bloke about 60 to sing along and it was fucking awful  :scare:
As is the Perf with Surf, never realised it was Dani Dyer but always watched the ad and wished she's pop up on AW  :thumbsup:

Cinch has been mentioned, again putting men down but doubly as bad as it's got that twat Rylan on it, seriously I can't stand the cunt and he appears to be on fucking everything  :scare:

One that I can't stand at the moment is "Windsor mint" commemorative coins, seems to be on Yesterday all the time, it's not the ad in itself so much but the fucking background music is over powering and far too loud, it sort of pulses and means you can't actually hear or concentrate on what they are selling.

Anyway rant over  :mad:  :drinks:
External Link/Members Only


Offline Chorley

Not that memorable then as it was you can't get quicker than a kwik fit fitter  :hi:

Anyway plenty of gems on here that I agree with -

I don't mind the current Just eat ads with Snoop Dog but that's perhaps because I hated the previous ones where people randomly sang the line followed by "Ohhhhhh"  :angry:

Agree the Nationwide monologues are just totally fucking shit  :dash:

Strangely I don't mind the meercat ads and Go compare, the current Moneysupermarket ones are OK but they have had a few which I hated like the suited guy twerking in tight hotpants or whatever they were, I purchased through another comparison site as a direct result of the ad.

3 used to have fucking stupid adverts with a shetland pony moonwalking plus others of similar ilk at the time  :thumbsdown:

Most of the you tube ads as there are simply too many of them but i'm fucked if i'm paying £12 a month to get rid of them, fucking rip off, why do they always want way too much cash for all this shit  :unknown: I could probably go £2 at a push
You tube pop up often asks if I liked the advert and I say no every time, they must be wondering what the fuck to push my way but I seem to keep getting adverts for Grammerly FFS  :wacko:

As WW pointed out most ads are aimed at women and seem to be quite content in putting men down as that's apparently OK  :thumbsdown:

Peoples postcode lottery and song, that ad is clearly aimed at a certain demographic  :bomb: There was one of these a few years back where they got some bloke about 60 to sing along and it was fucking awful  :scare:
As is the Perf with Surf, never realised it was Dani Dyer but always watched the ad and wished she's pop up on AW  :thumbsup:

Cinch has been mentioned, again putting men down but doubly as bad as it's got that twat Rylan on it, seriously I can't stand the cunt and he appears to be on fucking everything  :scare:

One that I can't stand at the moment is "Windsor mint" commemorative coins, seems to be on Yesterday all the time, it's not the ad in itself so much but the fucking background music is over powering and far too loud, it sort of pulses and means you can't actually hear or concentrate on what they are selling.

Anyway rant over  :mad:  :drinks:
External Link/Members Only
U OK HUN?  :D

Offline WASA38

Ad by Oatly.purveyers of oat 'milk' :

External Link/Members Only

My kids would have got an ear full (not of milk) if they'd given me that crap.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:53:02 pm by WASA38 »

Offline Harry Monk

Don't watch much TV so not really bothered currently ,however I do listen to commercial radio and f@ck me some of their most annoying ads seem to stay around forever. Whilst typing I have muted the radio as one of the many that currently annoy is being played.

Offline Corus Boy


Offline SierraBravo

Don't watch much TV so not really bothered currently ,however I do listen to commercial radio and f@ck me some of their most annoying ads seem to stay around forever. Whilst typing I have muted the radio as one of the many that currently annoy is being played.

+1 on this sentiment

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The Hairy Bikers and their weird looking mate.

The producers so stingy they don't even let him speak in the ad.

Offline Corus Boy

The Hairy Bikers and their weird looking mate.

The producers so stingy they don't even let him speak in the ad.

LOL

There is one advert with a Del Boy voice over, I doubt that it is David Jason, sounds more like a third rate impersonator.

Offline Dave33ws6

The new 'love honey' advert. Bit extreme and embarrassing if you're watching with your family just after 9pm

Offline hullad

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,167
  • Likes: 21
  •  
  • Reviews: 98
That bloody peleton advert

Does my head in 

Offline Dave33ws6

That bloody peleton advert

Does my head in

+1

Manchester, you've got this

Offline Dave33ws6

The safestyle UK adverts with the most excitable but equally annoying voiceover

Offline Markus

That bloody peleton advert

Does my head in

I don’t mind that ad. That sweaty hot black girl has an amazing arse.   

Offline alabama1

The bloody Cinch advert with that gormless waste of skin Rylan. Too many reasons to mention  :mad:

Offline Blackpool Rock

The bloody Cinch advert with that gormless waste of skin Rylan. Too many reasons to mention  :mad:
Anything and everything with that twat Rylan in it, every time I turn the TV on that cunt's on it  :diablo:

Offline misternut

Visions of firing a 12 gauge at the telly come to mind every time the GoCompare advert comes on and the fat man starts singing

Offline Chorley

That bloody peleton advert

Does my head in
The whole concept behind Peleton makes me piss my self laughing. £40 a month membership and over £1000 for a tarted up stationary bike. Obviously lots of mugs out there with more money than sense?  :sarcastic:

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Claudia Winkleman and Head and Shoulders.  Just fuck off!

Offline The Film Director

Claudia Winkleman and Head and Shoulders.  Just fuck off!

+1

Anything with CW in, TBH.

Offline David1970

Anything and everything with that twat Rylan in it, every time I turn the TV on that cunt's on it  :diablo:

I hate that talentless prick Rylan, another one who is famous for being famous

Offline Chorley

I hate that talentless prick Rylan, another one who is famous for being famous
I find Rylan hilarious myself. Him and his mum on Gogglebox are brilliant.   :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 04:44:00 pm by Chorley »

Offline Blackpool Rock

I find Rylan hilarious myself. Him and his mum on Gogglebox are brilliant.   :D
Looks like he's a double for a Bee Gee  :D

Offline lamboman

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 1,115
  • Likes: 6
  •  
  • Reviews: 30
The whole concept behind Peleton makes me piss my self laughing. £40 a month membership and over £1000 for a tarted up stationary bike. Obviously lots of mugs out there with more money than sense?  :sarcastic:

3 month waiting list for one I think,they have lucked out a bit with Covid as who wants to go to a gym and plenty don't want to cycle outdoors.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline lamboman

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 1,115
  • Likes: 6
  •  
  • Reviews: 30
I find Rylan hilarious myself. Him and his mum on Gogglebox are brilliant.   :D

Looks like a freak but he I do find him funny.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Chorley

3 month waiting list for one I think,they have lucked out a bit with Covid as who wants to go to a gym and plenty don't want to cycle outdoors.
More fool them. Gyms are perfectly safe and could have - and should have, IMHO-stayed open with adequate covid secure measures. But hey, why would we want a healthy, happy active  population when we can just  have a miserable, obese and depressed one instead?  :dash: :dash: :dash: It's much easier to screw around the latter than the former, which is  more than evident with the latest scandal at Westminster.  :thumbsdown:
I guarantee you if any MP's or ministers had shares or were "consultants" for the the big gym chains they would have been allowed to stay open.   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 06:32:18 pm by Chorley »

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The whole concept behind Peleton makes me piss my self laughing. £40 a month membership and over £1000 for a tarted up stationary bike. Obviously lots of mugs out there with more money than sense?  :sarcastic:

Oh dear...

External Link/Members Only

Offline Chorley

Oh dear...

External Link/Members Only
Isn't that the same for any treadmill though?  :unknown: I certainly wouldn't let children, animals or even some adults near those awful things-Peleton or not :thumbsdown:

Offline winkywanky

Reminds me of the woman in the US many years ago, who brought successful litigation against the manufacturer of a microwave oven (when they were still fairly new).

She'd been in the habit of taking her pooch for walkies in all weathers, and if it had been wet she would pop the beloved animal into the oven on a low heat for 5mins to warm it up and dry it off.

Cue the arrival of the shiny new device, and you can imagine what happened  :scare:. Yes, she managed to cook her pet from the inside, out, to a state of hideous, crispy death.

Apparently she got over $1M for her pain  :rolleyes:.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will stop at nothing to blame someone else for their own shortcomings and lack of grey matter.

Offline StingRay

Claudia Winkleman and Head and Shoulders.  Just fuck off!

Agreed that the advert is annoying, but there's no doubt IMHO that she is pretty hot!  :hi:
Banned reason: Inflammatory political post / abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Online mr.bluesky

I find about 99% of adverts on TV annoying. The good thing about recording programmes on a sky box is that you can fast forward the ad breaks.

Offline paper7

Reminds me of the woman in the US many years ago, who brought successful litigation against the manufacturer of a microwave oven (when they were still fairly new).

She'd been in the habit of taking her pooch for walkies in all weathers, and if it had been wet she would pop the beloved animal into the oven on a low heat for 5mins to warm it up and dry it off.

Cue the arrival of the shiny new device, and you can imagine what happened  :scare:. Yes, she managed to cook her pet from the inside, out, to a state of hideous, crispy death.

Apparently she got over $1M for her pain  :rolleyes:.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will stop at nothing to blame someone else for their own shortcomings and lack of grey matter.
The stupidity of some people amazes me!

Offline Boristheboy

Reminds me of the woman in the US many years ago, who brought successful litigation against the manufacturer of a microwave oven (when they were still fairly new).

She'd been in the habit of taking her pooch for walkies in all weathers, and if it had been wet she would pop the beloved animal into the oven on a low heat for 5mins to warm it up and dry it off.

Cue the arrival of the shiny new device, and you can imagine what happened  :scare:. Yes, she managed to cook her pet from the inside, out, to a state of hideous, crispy death.

Apparently she got over $1M for her pain  :rolleyes:.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will stop at nothing to blame someone else for their own shortcomings and lack of grey matter.

This isn't true.
External Link/Members Only

Offline Dave33ws6

I find about 99% of adverts on TV annoying. The good thing about recording programmes on a sky box is that you can fast forward the ad breaks.

+1

Offline Ghost89

Agreed that the advert is annoying, but there's no doubt IMHO that she is pretty hot!  :hi:

She needs a cock in her mouth to shut her up! Likewise Alesha Dixon in the other shampoo advert!

Offline winkywanky

This isn't true.
External Link/Members Only


Well it was in the Daily Mirror about 40yrs ago, I'd assumed it to be true  :unknown:  :D

Online mr.bluesky


Well it was in the Daily Mirror about 40yrs ago, I'd assumed it to be true  :unknown:  :D


More likely to be a Sunday Sport story  :D

Offline lillythesavage

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 2,666
  • Likes: 36
  •  
  • Reviews: 17
Tesco and now Sainsbury with the price matching Aldi ads.

Does it not just say, " We have mugged you for years but now we have competition we will reduce our prices"  stopped using both, except Tesco pharmacy which is excellent and convenient for parking. The double pricing is another reason with Tesco, most items now have a clubcard price and a non clubcard price.

Lidl is the winner.
Banned reason: Undesirable, previously banned, still attacking members, discussing UKP with SP, toxic personality, it’s a no from me!,
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline mikecee


Well it was in the Daily Mirror about 40yrs ago, I'd assumed it to be true  :unknown:  :D

Wasn't April 1st by any chance?

Offline winkywanky


Offline WARSZAWA16

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,807
  • Likes: 126
  •  
  • Reviews: 70
The "Go Left" advert from the ridiculously named Highways England gets on my nerves.

Offline sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,370
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
The "Go Left" advert from the ridiculously named Highways England gets on my nerves.

With Jack from 'Bread', who's also in Haribo ads as an obese plod.

Offline george r

ice cream advert with sandi toksvig   :scare:

Offline David1970

ice cream advert with sandi toksvig   :scare:

Personally I just hate Sandi Toksvig  :hi:

Offline catweazle

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,076
  • Likes: 64
  •  
  • Reviews: 109
Personally I just hate Sandi Toksvig  :hi:

Personally, I like her. I've been a contestant on Fifteen to One, so have met her three times. Very pleasant and friendly.

Offline Ghost89

That fucking Kia advert with the parrot!! :dash:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Personally, I like her. I've been a contestant on Fifteen to One, so have met her three times. Very pleasant and friendly.
A step up from the sandwich quiz but only a small one  :rolleyes:

Offline george r


Offline DouglasReynholm

A step up from the sandwich quiz but only a small one  :rolleyes:
That a reference to No.73 .. ?


Offline DouglasReynholm

Right
:hi:
:hi: Didn't think anyone would remember that shit! No-one likes Sandi Toksvig, but she's a woman and gay, so in TV world has two plus points.

Anyone remember the SSE electric company's advert that was just footage of a city - with an orangutan thrown it for no reason, that the voiceover never mentioned? Prolly made by this guy:

Hidden Image/Members Only