Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Having a vespa going on scooter runs  (Read 379 times)

Offline Bhamguy

Love the vespas remember  going on few scooters runs. Best one was isle of wight around 8000 scooters turn up brilliant  weekend any body else been

Offline Londonpunter30

I’d love to own a classic one or a GS with plenty of mirrors and lights etc.

Maybe after the lottery win

Offline Bhamguy

Mine had few mirrors  chrome round it miss it now lol gonna buy another  one soon

Online badsin

There's quite a few scooter crews still knocking about, a few mates are Involved. They would regularly go on runs, Skegness, Yarmouth, even Matlock Bath. I always think they look quite impressive in convey etc.
I'm pretty sure there used to be an annual scooter festival in Burton on Trent, obviously before this current situation  :hi:

Offline Bhamguy

They do a few around Birmingham  too.know one group do charity  run taking xmas presents  to children  hospital  all meet up by bcfc at the macdonald. Cant beat going on a run especially  isle of wight

Online badsin

I’d love to own a classic one or a GS with plenty of mirrors and lights etc.

Maybe after the lottery win

Quick look on tinter Web, don't appear that pricey to me..... Unless you're the Ace Face and want all the extras :thumbsup:

Offline Londonpunter30

Quick look on tinter Web, don't appear that pricey to me..... Unless you're the Ace Face and want all the extras :thumbsup:

Thanks, you know ever never bothered checking the cost , nice to know they aren’t as expensive as I thought

Online badsin

Looks as £1500¬£2000 could get you a really decent looking vespa (lam's quite a bit more). Most folks in the various crew's can help out with repairs etc.
Might be harder to locate a fish tail parker.....  :hi:

Offline Londonpunter30

Looks as £1500¬£2000 could get you a really decent looking vespa (lam's quite a bit more). Most folks in the various crew's can help out with repairs etc.
Might be harder to locate a fish tail parker.....  :hi:

There used to be a few shops around Carnaby Street in London that sold the coats and old shirts etc.  Suspect Covid may have forced a few of them to close

Offline ik8133

Love the vespas remember  going on few scooters runs. Best one was isle of wight around 8000 scooters turn up brilliant  weekend any body else been

Me, I'm afraid I'm in the rocker camp, BSA Goldstar for me!  Though I do appreciate the work gone into customising some of the scooters.

Offline Davey Dykes

Been in and around the scene for 35 years or so.

Only interested in geared classics but no problem with others having autos. Mine are generally from between the 60s and 80s,mainly Vespas but there has been the odd Lambretta.

Used to ride to Rallies in Scotland and Northern England but health issues, bad back, means much further than a trip to the shops puts me in abject misery so I've pretty much retired. I'll take places like Millport, Whitley Bay or Bridlington over the Isle of Wight every day of the week thank you very much.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:43:51 pm by Davey Dykes »

Offline Bhamguy

Hear the bridlington  one is good .they all good really good atmosphere  few beers etc good weekend

Offline B4bcock

Me, I'm afraid I'm in the rocker camp, BSA Goldstar for me!  Though I do appreciate the work gone into customising some of the scooters.

Me too.   Would love to own a Goldie or Velocette Venom Thruxton.

Offline lillythesavage

There is a group in Essex, big into charity, mainly veteran charities, do D day tour every year, well except last year and maybe this, taken the downtime to spend loads on the machines.

Offline Bopcrown

Scooters are a lot of fun, I've owned four. Perfect for diving round town, picking up some shopping and trying to persuade girls to take a ride with you.

Unfortunately you really need decent off street parking as every single one i've owned has ended up nicked or stripped for parts if I leave them anywhwere overnight. Part and parcel etc.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Scooters are a lot of fun, I've owned four. Perfect for diving round town, picking up some shopping and trying to persuade girls to take a ride with.

Not at my age but owned one of these when I was 17, Lambretta TV 175.

No crash helmets in those days.     :scare:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Bhamguy

Nice bike I prefer the vespa but that is a nice  scooter