Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The age of 65  (Read 1230 times)

Offline winkywanky

Any driver wearing either a flat cap or a baseball cap is going to cause problems.

That's actually a very astute assessment, regardless of its simplicity.

Old guys wearing hats while driving are highly likely to be hesitant, dithering old buggers.

Young lads wearing baseball caps are highly likely to have a drainpipe for an exhaust, illegally darkened windows, presence of cannabis within the car and a bad attitude and aggressive driving style (despite the effects of the cannabis).

Offline NIK

Based on what you have said recently it seems likely that I am actually older than you.
The difference is, unlike you I don't make a career out of being old. I feel young and try to behave that way

You certainly behave like an awkward teenager.

Offline sub_marine

What about the truck and bus drivers who have to have a full medical, including eyesight test, every 5 years once the reach 45 years old. Once they reach 65 the medical is every year. Should they be put off the road.   :unknown:

Half of the younger drivers don't even know how often they need to renew their car licence.

The medicals should be extended across the board to all license categories once a certain age is reached.  I realise no political party would do this as there are too many old duffers who vote, it would be political suicide.

I expect a lot of accidents when old people try their first electric car, EVs car be turned on but be silent, so easier to accidently climb out of without turning off and stand on the throttle as you do so.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
The medicals should be extended across the board to all license categories once a certain age is reached.  I realise no political party would do this as there are too many old duffers who vote, it would be political suicide.

I expect a lot of accidents when old people try their first electric car, EVs car be turned on but be silent, so easier to accidently climb out of without turning off and stand on the throttle as you do so.
By the way you post it appears you don't know the current regulations regarding driving licences and I would guess you don't know how often a licence has to be renewed prior to reaching 70. Once a person does reach 70 their licence has to be renewed every 3 years and in doing so they have to declare their fitness to drive, including having the required eyesight standard.

Online scutty brown

You certainly behave like an awkward teenager.

Better than assuming the attitude of a bloody old fool

Offline sub_marine

By the way you post it appears you don't know the current regulations regarding driving licences and I would guess you don't know how often a licence has to be renewed prior to reaching 70. Once a person does reach 70 their licence has to be renewed every 3 years and in doing so they have to declare their fitness to drive, including having the required eyesight standard.

Big difference between some old duffer self declaring they are fit to drive and can see, and a truck/bus license medical which must be done by a doctor

Unfortunatly there is also massive loop holes in the truck/bus license system as even if you fail, the onus is on the driver to inform their employer that they no longer have a license, so many drivers keep it secret and continue working without a license.

External Link/Members Only

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Big difference between some old duffer self declaring they are fit to drive and can see, and a truck/bus license medical which must be done by a doctor

Unfortunatly there is also massive loop holes in the truck/bus license system as even if you fail, the onus is on the driver to inform their employer that they no longer have a license, so many drivers keep it secret and continue working without a license.

It's exactly the same for car drivers, if they get disqualified they have to inform their employers if their job involves any kind of driving. How many disqualified drivers do you see on those police programs getting caught still driving.

According to stats drivers aged 70 and over were involved in three to four times fewer accidents than men aged between 17-21 but by your reckoning the age to start driving should be 22 and you should be put off the road at 60.    :wacko:

In December 2017 the UK were 45,000 - 50,000 HGV drivers short and that number is increasing every year but you want to create an even bigger shortage by putting them off the road earlier. You do realise that all goods in shops travel by lorry at some stage.

Tarring all older drivers, car, truck or other, with the same brush is just crazy, more so when the statistics prove you totally wrong.