Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: I’m a Celebrity....  (Read 2074 times)

Offline NIK

Does anybody on here actually watch this shit?
It’s bad enough seeing it advertised.  :thumbsdown:

Offline ronthebrummie

Pretty much the same as any soap, BBC comedy programmes in fact anything on the BBC.
Even sport with this knee bollocks is killing TV for me

Offline scutty brown

Who cares?
If you don't like it, use the off-button, though that does seem like hard work for some lazy armchair dwellers

Online Colston36

Try reading.

Offline Cupid Stuntz

I did watch some of the one with John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten in but as soon he 'left' that was the end and have never watched another episode since.

Offline redveee

I caught too much of it when I turned over for the 22:00 news, 30 seconds is enough for me.

Offline RedKettle

Pretty much the same as any soap, BBC comedy programmes in fact anything on the BBC.
:unknown:
It is nothing to do with the BBC. :unknown: :unknown:

Offline Wadebridge

:thumbsup:
No, I don't.
I never do watch the cringeworthy bollocks.
I can't fathom why TV station controllers think that watching a bunch of B-list 'celebrities', filling an hour of shitty reality tv, constitutes 'entertainment' for the masses.
To add insult to injury don't they then trouser a six figure sum? Just for showing their faces and flouting their big egos over 6 episodes or so of absolute drivel.
Hasn't Shane Richie been bleating some sob story about about how he's been 'on the breadline'? Until this offer of easy money came his way for the latest series.
Seriously what benefit do these useless cunts bring to the world?
Banned reason: Posting on politics again despite previous 7 day ban.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline NIK

No, I don't.
I can't fathom why TV station controllers think that watching a bunch of B-list 'celebrities', filling an hour of shitty reality tv, constitutes 'entertainment' for the masses.
To add insult to injury don't they then trouser a six figure sum? Just for showing their faces and flouting their big egos over 6 episodes or so of absolute drivel.
Hasn't Shane Richie been bleating some sob story about about how he's been 'on the breadline'? Until this offer of easy money came his way for the latest series.

I agree with every single word.
How most of them make a living is a mystery to me. They ought to get proper jobs.

Offline finn5555

Don't watch it then  :dash:

Offline The Film Director

Ditto all reality TV, OP - absolute shite.  :thumbsup:

Online Waterhouse

100% agree - plus as soon as these has-beens and wanna-be stars get on screen, any semblance of reality goes out the window in favour of them playing up to the camera for their fifteen minutes of fame while they’re either desperately trying to launch or re-launch a career.

It’s all pure bollocks of the lowest order.  Hate it and refuse to watch any of it. Have to leave the room or haggle to get the channel changed when my better half has any of it on.

Online george r

biggest load of shit on tv never watch it  :thumbsdown:

Offline mh

Aw, you poor snowflake.  :sarcastic:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Nik when I saw the thread title I thought you were self promoting  :D

Perhaps you should go on it as the original owner of UKP, be good if you were in it with other stars like Julie Bindel and Stacey Dooley, now perhaps that series may be worth watching  :unknown:  :rolleyes:

Offline chrishornx

Perhaps you should go on it as the original owner of UKP, be good if you were in it with other stars like Julie Bindel and Stacey Dooley, now perhaps that series may be worth watching  :unknown:  :rolleyes:

and chuck in Mr Camp to spice things up

Offline Matrix

I don't but it's a relatively cheap show to run and takes practically fuck all planning, so it's profitable.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

hell no! I detest anything like this along with TOWIE, and any other Celebrity whatever etc nonsense.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

Offline mh

I don't but it's a relatively cheap show to run and takes practically fuck all planning, so it's profitable.

Well it must be cheaper in Wales that Australia...

I don't think it is that cheap a show. The appearance fees are significant, it is a large crew and a complex "set", let alone the living and dead 'supplies' needed for the challenges.  :sarcastic:

Offline Matrix

Well it must be cheaper in Wales than Australia...

I don't think it is that cheap a show. The appearance fees are significant, it is a large crew and a complex "set", let alone the living and dead 'supplies' needed for the challenges.  :sarcastic:

Hence the term "relatively".

I'd wager it's a damn site cheaper to run than the stuff netflix/amazon/hbo etc put out, per episode. Doesn't require any creativity whatsoever and certainly no talent.  :)

Offline chrishornx

Hence the term "relatively".

I'd wager it's a damn site cheaper to run than the stuff netflix/amazon/hbo etc put out, per episode. Doesn't require any creativity whatsoever and certainly no talent.  :)

totally agree the cost per hour of prime time tv coverage is much cheaper than any drama such as Luther- knocking out over 25 hours plus spinoffs makes it a  very cheap format

Offline winkywanky

It's on the other side  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline winkywanky

No, I don't.

You've answered your own question.

It gets very good ratings, and sells lots of advertising for ITV (C4, or whatever channel it is).

Offline mr.bluesky

The only reality tv show I watch is the apprentice and that's only because I enjoy watching Lord Sugar cutting the egotistical clueless pricks down to size. Some of his put downs are classic.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 05:06:22 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline NIK

:lol:

I might upset the Bindel bint.
Although merely being a man is enough to do that.   :)

I reckon those who say don’t watch it then are covert fans.  :D
Of course I don’t watch it, but much as I try to I can’t  seem to avoid the trailers with the pair of annoying Geordie twats!

Offline Wadebridge

The only reality tv show I watch is the apprentice and that's only because I enjoy watching Lord Sugar cutting the egotistical clueless pricks down to size. Some of his put downs are classic.
Lord Sugar himself is one of the biggest 'egotistical pricks' on the box. In my humble opinion of course.
And he's been proved to be pretty clueless himself, going by some of his own judgement and choice over the years as to who would make the best candidate.
At least one of his final selections took him to an employment tribunal, which must have caused 'hassle' for Sugar,  whilst on the earlier show responsible that 'hired' her, he unceremoniously got rid of likely more worthy candidates along the way with his arrogant "You're Fired!".
Here's a clip showing in typical fashion a rant from the inarticulate foul mouthed prick.
External Link/Members Only.
Banned reason: Posting on politics again despite previous 7 day ban.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Gordon Bennett

I watch it every year. I think it's great fun :thumbsup:
Found Welsh setting a bit disconcerting and there are no contestants this year that I'm looking forward to seeing taking a shower but I'm getting into it I think.
I'll watch Bake Off first tonight then switch over and watch them eating penis, gonad and anus on I'm a Celeb - top night of telly that!

Offline jeanphillipe

I used to enjoy the apprentice the first few season. But its  just become another reality show. From offset you clock who the 2 or 3 real contenders,everyone else is comic relief

Offline chrishornx

I would enjoy watching Jessica Plummer in the shower Gordon

Online Waterhouse

Lord Sugar himself is one of the biggest 'egotistical pricks' on the box. In my humble opinion of course.
And he's been proved to be pretty clueless himself, going by some of his own judgement and choice over the years as to who would make the best candidate.
At least one of his final selections took him to an employment tribunal, which must have caused 'hassle' for Sugar,  whilst on the earlier show responsible that 'hired' her, he unceremoniously got rid of likely more worthy candidates along the way with his arrogant "You're Fired!".
Here's a clip showing in typical fashion a rant from the inarticulate foul mouthed prick.
External Link/Members Only.
Well said.  The bloke is a Class A Tosser.  How he got rich pedalling shit quality stereos and music-centres and other sub-standard tech is a mystery to me.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Well said.  The bloke is a Class A Tosser.  How he got rich pedalling shit quality stereos and music-centres and other sub-standard tech is a mystery to me.
Agreed the Amstrad stereos etc were shit to the point of being a standing joke like a Lada however I believe his computers were actually quite good and he got in at just the right time with a strategy of getting them built somewhere cheap to maximise profit.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I would enjoy watching Jessica Plummer in the shower Gordon

She's a bit dull thus far. Reckon I'd rather see Bev Callard - Victoria Darbyshire complimented her on her magnificent breasts when she was helping her get the maggots and ants out of her cleavage the other night. Didn't get properly caught on camera though..... Maybe gratuitous close-ups of boobs are no longer acceptable in #metoo 21st Century Britain? I'll keep vigilant just in case though.

Offline chrishornx

She's a bit dull thus far. Reckon I'd rather see Bev Callard - Victoria Darbyshire complimented her on her magnificent breasts when she was helping her get the maggots and ants out of her cleavage the other night. Didn't get properly caught on camera though..... Maybe gratuitous close-ups of boobs are no longer acceptable in #metoo 21st Century Britain? I'll keep vigilant just in case though.

dull indeed but best of a bad bunch for me, you take Bev and I'll take Jessica  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Thephoenix

I always say I won't bother watching it, but I always do.

Didn't recognise Bev. What's she done to her face....Oh Dear!

Offline mh

Of course I don’t watch it, but much as I try to I can’t  seem to avoid the trailers with the pair of annoying Geordie twats!

No need to be covert. It is mass market entertainment and is many steps up from "scripted reality" shit, even if well below the level of good comedy and drama. I watch hardly any of their shows but Ant and Dec are for good reason the top entertainment presenters of the last 20 years. This isn't really a field that existed before them, previous "general entertainers" did jokes, singing, dancing, interviewing rather than just presenting. Perhaps they do more in their Saturday Night Takeaway show, I have no inclination to watch that. But if they happen to be the presenters on something that looks entertaining I would watch it, I'm not their to watch "their" show.

Offline chrishornx

:lol:

well you have just been outed as the most covert fan out there, by your own logic

Offline bhudda

I watch it every year. I think it's great fun :thumbsup:
Found Welsh setting a bit disconcerting and there are no contestants this year that I'm looking forward to seeing taking a shower but I'm getting into it I think.
I'll watch Bake Off first tonight then switch over and watch them eating penis, gonad and anus on I'm a Celeb - top night of telly that!

Are you my daughter? Bake off followed by celeb drove me from the room. I just about managed bake off just to be sociable but couldnt evencmanage to sit thru the opening credits of celeb

Online Squire Haggard

BBC 4 or 2 can have shows that I like.  YouTube has a huge variety of channels that I find interesting, such as this one...

External Link/Members Only

Offline Marmalade

Ditto all tv actually. I used to watch a couple of the Universal channel dramas but even they get a bit predictable after a while.

Online Waterhouse

Ditto all tv actually. I used to watch a couple of the Universal channel dramas but even they get a bit predictable after a while.
Not all TV... Firefly and the likes of.   ;)

Offline Marmalade

Not all TV... Firefly and the likes of.   ;)

Never saw it on TV. Got a bootleg CD set. Much better than being captive to some wanker TV scheduler, n'est ce pas? It annoys me slightly that one's timetable is supposed to revolve around the next episode of whatever. Not a relaxing time when you've finished dinner, or fancy a break, or want to wind down: no, watch it when they tell you to.

Firefly was an amazing short-lived series, promptly canned and most of the episodes were complete in themselves, none of this being captive to 130 hours of viewing just find out if an unbelievable character will get caught. About the only advantage I can see of watching tv is that it limits the viewing time for persons who don't have the self-discpline to resist bing-watching a whole series on Netflix.

Offline Marmalade

I'm disappointed.

Usually when Nik starts a thread it's akin to a guest editorial, giving a rounded view of some new topic or other. So what's the story? Which advert piqued you so much that you felt the need to share, Nik? Did it invade your twitter feed before you could press mute? Did your neighbours watch it with the volume up full? Or did you have to throw something at the tv set for the complete and utter absence of any watchable programming?

Offline mh

Never saw it on TV. Got a bootleg CD set. Much better than being captive to some wanker TV scheduler, n'est ce pas? It annoys me slightly that one's timetable is supposed to revolve around the next episode of whatever.
About the only advantage I can see of watching tv is that it limits the viewing time for persons who don't have the self-discpline to resist bing-watching a whole series on Netflix.

The line between movies and TV shows is blurring. The best writers, directors and actors are working in both "forms". With cinemas closed, movies are being seen first on TV screens. Much broadcast TV is now accompanied by the whole series dropped onto the on-demand platform on the same day as the first episode is broadcast. Netflix and Amazon Prime are not beholden to a broadcast schedule, except for sport where prime does "broadcast" on a schedule with no on demand viewing.

I last illegally downloaded a movie or TV show more than 4 years ago. Sky is still as expensive as fuck but they have the best box and whole home/multi-screen solution in my opinion. You can add multi user, multi screen UHD Netflix to a Sky sub for a fiver a month and Prime is about the same, with other benefits offsetting it further. So I have no need any more to spend hours of time vetting torrents only to get to 99% complete on download and find it is a fake. Or to succeed and find the quality is dreadful or one episode in a series is corrupt. (Many of these issues were actively introduced under the pay of the rights owners themselves).

So the main reason for scheduled TV's existence seems to be to force people to watch adverts, though the prize for intrusive adverts goes to the All4 on demand app!

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

thank fuck for Netflix

Offline Thephoenix

The line between movies and TV shows is blurring. The best writers, directors and actors are working in both "forms". With cinemas closed, movies are being seen first on TV screens. Much broadcast TV is now accompanied by the whole series dropped onto the on-demand platform on the same day as the first episode is broadcast. Netflix and Amazon Prime are not beholden to a broadcast schedule, except for sport where prime does "broadcast" on a schedule with no on demand viewing.

I last illegally downloaded a movie or TV show more than 4 years ago. Sky is still as expensive as fuck but they have the best box and whole home/multi-screen solution in my opinion. You can add multi user, multi screen UHD Netflix to a Sky sub for a fiver a month and Prime is about the same, with other benefits offsetting it further. So I have no need any more to spend hours of time vetting torrents only to get to 99% complete on download and find it is a fake. Or to succeed and find the quality is dreadful or one episode in a series is corrupt. (Many of these issues were actively introduced under the pay of the rights owners themselves).

So the main reason for scheduled TV's existence seems to be to force people to watch adverts, though the prize for intrusive adverts goes to the All4 on demand app!

I haven't watched an advert for years.  I record anything I'm interested in on my Freeview box, then watch it when I want....fast forwarding all the adverts.

I would think many people do the same, which is probably why some companies decide to sponsor programmes, hoping that you'll catch their product just as the programme restarts.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:03:22 pm by Thephoenix »

Offline NIK

I haven't watched an advert for years.  I record anything I'm interested in on my Freeview box, then watch it when I want....fast forwarding all the adverts.

I would think many people do the same, which is probably why some companies decide to sponsor programmes, hoping that you'll catch their product just as the programme restarts.

Me too. I simply cannot watch anything on a commercial station anymore without recording it.
Unfortunately, no matter how you try it’s impossible to avoid all of them.

I hate adverts with a passion. They are boring, annoying and patronising. Have you noticed how much louder they are than the programmes too?

Offline catweazle

I'm always cynically amused by threads like this, with some people trying to take some kind of highbrow stance. They decry hugely popular mainstream TV ("I'm proud to say I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones") and trumpet their liking for arthouse cinema, by obscure Peruvian directors, and so on.

Come on guys, we're ordinary blokes, we're not all arty-farty look-down-our-noses at hoi-polloi superiors.

Offline HailWood

It was worth watching the year that Holly Willoughby  :wacko: co-hosted.

Offline FLYING BLUE

I've seen a single episode once (when Freddie Starr was in it) and never watched it since.

I have an intense loathing of such programmes and so called 'celebrities' who's only claim to fame is a 10 minute walk on part in other such TV shite as Geordie Shore or Love Island and other such utter bollocks (although, to be fair, I've seen neither so I may be wrong) :rolleyes: