Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting sim card- is a rolling contract safe to use?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline freddytb1

I know there are pay as you go options where you top up £X and get a number of minutes and texts, but there are also cheap sim cards where you sign up for a 30-day contract with minutes, texts and data that you can cancel at any point. The only drawback (I think it's a drawback) is that you would be paying for it with your credit/debit card so it will be linked to you in some way.
Am I being too cautious or is it better to go for a PAYG sim?

Offline JJ72

It's possibly safe but it's not going to be safer than a PAYG

If you have a SO as well then you'll also have to explain charges if they see it for whatever reason.

Get a PAYG. It's so easy that it's not worth the other options.

Offline Steve2

The whole idea of a punting phone is that it is ANONYMOUS. Buy a Phone and a sim for cash and buy a top up card for cash

Offline Gambitman92

There's no right or wrong answer imo, do what is easiest for you. Yes, you'll need a debt card to buy a pay monthly sim but why are you afraid it would linked back to you? (which I don't see how or why anyone would bother, unless you had a crazy wife who always checks your transactions)

I use my personal number for punts, can't be bothered changing phones/sims, punting is legal and I am single.

Unless you're in a relationship or a secret agent, I don't see the point.
Banned reason: Ignoring warning about white knighting.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Home Alone

My circumstances are like yours, Gambitman; and there was a time when I would have fully agreed with your post. But I've lost a mobile phone which had all my contacts - personal and punting - in it.

Trust me; after an event like that, you don't have to be too paranoid to think, "You know what? I'll get a dead cheap punting phone next time I do my Big Shop."! ;)

Offline Alf G

Get a ASDA SIM card. :hi:
You can, buy 30 bundles, just buy topping up, when you PAYG.
You, don't need to register, your SIM card, with them.  :drinks:

Offline Prince of Punts

If you need to 'hide' your bank transactions from a certain someone then open an account with an online bank e.g. Monzo or Starling. No paper statements, and you can deposit cash at any shop that has PayPoint (Monzo) or at the Post Office (Starling).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 10:00:19 am by Prince of Punts »

Offline Zeusthedoc

it's also about your main phone number being linked to your social media accounts

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Yep stock up on mins whilst stocking up on ye olde Blue pills!

Wot we want brothers is a "PAYP" phone tarrif, perhaps AW could give us them free for contacting their girls & punting use only;?..

"Pay As You Punt"

Offline andymars19

Or use an app like, for example, TextMe.  Uses a completely separate number which you buy credits for.   Just make sure you turn off notifications so you have to open the app to see if you've got any replies.

Saves having to justify/hide a second handset

Offline AnthG

Rolling Contract means contract just no minimum term. That means your real name, address and contact details are there. They *may* also do a credit check on you.

The main one however that made me make this post, is to warn you, make sure you contact them to cancel it when you do want to cancel. If you simply stop paying and get a new sim card and forget you had it, they will ruin your credit score and also possiblyissue penalties and send debt collectors after you.

So make sure you phone them up to cancel. And with mobile phone companies, when you phone them up to cancel, expect a hard sell tactic to keep you on.

Its much easier just to go Pay as You Go. Three do a mobile data sim that gives you 200mb per month free data, that can be used as a regular telephone sim card at the same time and charges 3p per minute, 2p per text, and 1p per mb of data.

All my phones use them and I have never felt the need to use anything else for about 5 years now.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 03:55:33 pm by AnthG »
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline cotton

Rolling Contract means contract just no minimum term. That means your real name, address and contact details are there. They *may* also do a credit check on you.
The main one however that made me make this post, is to warn you, make sure you contact them to cancel it when you do want to cancel. If you simply stop paying and get a new sim card and forget you had it, they will ruin your credit score and also possiblyissue penalties and send debt collectors after you.
So make sure you phone them up to cancel. And with mobile phone companies, when you phone them up to cancel, expect a hard sell tactic to keep you on.
Its much easier just to go Pay as You Go. Three do a mobile data sim that gives you 200mb per month free data, that can be used as a regular telephone sim card at the same time and charges 3p per minute, 2p per text, and 1p per mb of data.
All my phones use them and I have never felt the need to use anything else for about 5 years now.
Do you have a link for that Anth , i use 3 sims and mine are all just plain unexpiring payg credit but no free data.
Another one i use is Lebara , they do a £5 sim with 1GB data , 1000 uk mins , 1000 uk texts and 100 International minutes which is decent value.

Offline AnthG

External Link/Members Only

You are ordering a data sim. Not a phone sim. But the sims are identical. I have 6 of them, my family members all have them and I have never had a single issue using it as a phone sim for 5 years now.

I am saying this as everytime I post this people ask, this is a data sim, will this be ok for phone calls. And yes I have 6 phones.

They are also very easy to top up as you can top up £2 on these and use it for phone calls which is what I do using my Revolut credit card.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline cotton

External Link/Members Only

You are ordering a data sim. Not a phone sim. But the sims are identical. I have 6 of them, my family members all have them and I have never had a single issue using it as a phone sim for 5 years now.

I am saying this as everytime I post this people ask, this is a data sim, will this be ok for phone calls. And yes I have 6 phones.

They are also very easy to top up as you can top up £2 on these and use it for phone calls which is what I do using my Revolut credit card.
Thanks Anth , ive got loads of 3 payg sims but never heard of those , il give one a go  :thumbsup:

Offline freddytb1

There's no right or wrong answer imo, do what is easiest for you. Yes, you'll need a debt card to buy a pay monthly sim but why are you afraid it would linked back to you? (which I don't see how or why anyone would bother, unless you had a crazy wife who always checks your transactions)

I use my personal number for punts, can't be bothered changing phones/sims, punting is legal and I am single.

Unless you're in a relationship or a secret agent, I don't see the point.

Tbh I've always used my personal number too but I recently read a couple of scare stories on here and people replying with "well why aren't you using a punting phone?" which made me think about it

Offline freddytb1

This sounds like a great shout. How does the multiple bundle thing work, can you buy the sim and pay them £30 cash for example and the £5/month deal will roll-on for 6 months?

Offline freddytb1

Or use an app like, for example, TextMe.  Uses a completely separate number which you buy credits for.   Just make sure you turn off notifications so you have to open the app to see if you've got any replies.

Saves having to justify/hide a second handset

Also a good shout, very creative haha  :drinks:

Offline freddytb1

Appreciate all the advice chaps! Roll on post-lockdown  :yahoo: