Author Topic: Onlyfans  (Read 56107 times)

Offline grandaddybadman

External Link/Members Only
External Link/Members Only

There might be a short term stimulus for the punting market but there are other factors involved (Brexit, COVID) and, as you call out, there are other platforms for SPs to distribute explicit content. The last 18 months or so has shown that there are new ways for sex workers to earn cash and there seems to be an appetite for it. I don't expect that to change but there might be a rebalancing in the ways SPs can earn.

I think you are overestimating sex workers ability to adapt to the changes. I think most will follow the least path of resistance. Adapting to new platforms with no brand or true following requires money, promo and serious marketing work.

The A to D list celebs pushed the sex workers out the market.
Banned reason: Troll, "inshallah" WTF.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PunterNumber69

I think you are overestimating sex workers ability to adapt to the changes. I think most will follow the least path of resistance. Adapting to new platforms with no brand or true following requires money, promo and serious marketing work.

The A to D list celebs pushed the sex workers out the market.
I think you might be underestimating sex workers. Sex work isn't easy. Managing an OF or other account is a piece of piss compared to organising shags with random strangers.  I'm sure they'll adapt and OF will have shot itself in the foot.

Offline grandaddybadman

I imagine there are a hell of a lot of very pissed-off young women around this morning watching their future earning potential disappear in a puff of smoke.

I remember seeing onlyfans models showing £30,000 monthly earnings while displaying an ungrateful "fuck the world" kind of attitude with no thanks to their audience. Even high earning youtubers thank their audience and they're are not even paying customers. Even music stars thank their audience for streams so hopefully they will learn their lesson.   
Banned reason: Troll, "inshallah" WTF.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Brown sauce

There talks of only fans banning x rated content I don’t know if they’ll split business or not. There be loads other options for content sellers but I wonder if it have a knock on effect with punting prices. Going down as the need of money be more important as content money will be reduce or highier due to loss of revenue. Thought I’m upset for girls who only income is selling content. I hope this helps get pricing of punting to a more reasonable one.

Offline GingerNuts

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,820
  • Likes: 111
  •  
  • Reviews: 48


Offline bdyno

Most of the girls who do OF that I follow on social media aren't concerned.  Apparently it's been said before and nothing happened.  Basically it's seen as being like Pizza Hut stopping selling pizza.

It's a billion dollar business who's product is porn.  They aren't about to throw away their biggest source of income.


Online Kool Keef

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,862
  • Likes: 65
  •  
  • Reviews: 198
I wouldnt bother shelling out money to follow someone on OnlyFans, if i'm horny & want a hand shandy there's plenty of free porn available  :unknown:

Offline Keema

I wouldnt bother shelling out money to follow someone on OnlyFans, if i'm horny & want a hand shandy there's plenty of free porn available  :unknown:


But it's quite sweet to reminisce on previous pussy.

Offline Payyourwaymate

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 145
I think you might be underestimating sex workers. Sex work isn't easy. Managing an OF or other account is a piece of piss compared to organising shags with random strangers.  I'm sure they'll adapt and OF will have shot itself in the foot.

I personally don't think it's the sex workers. It's the platform they switch to that their income is determined on. Sure I do not doubt their ability to adapt. However, people seem to be forgetting all of the celeb endorsements Onlyfans got that pushed it into mainstream before Onlyfans decided to backstab their main content creators. The user Interface of the Onlyfans website is also much better than the other platforms and even the name itself had a good ring and brand feel to it. Look at the other platforms user interface, brand presence in the mainstream... It's just not there. The subscribers are not going to flood to platforms with weak brand presence and an interface which is not as simple or user friendly like Onlyfans. The content creators will migrate, but the flash flood of fast money days of five figure months to 6-7 figure years.... if Onlyfans deffo go through with the change and do not backtrack...are over I reckon.

The subscribers will not flock to where ever the content provider will go, there is no subscriber loyalty like that for normal creators. Perhaps with big celebs maybe, but Onlyfans had a little bit of ambiguity in the sense that it was not soley a X rated platform, it just happened to become big off that content. These other platforms are fully explicit in their nature. They will not get the endorsement and backing that Onlyfans did.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 09:41:05 am by Payyourwaymate »

Offline Testeronni

Over the last few years (even before COVID) I've noticed that because some escorts could make do with OF content, the scene changed when girls knew they could make money selling adult content to the point they became picky and worked fewer hours.
Now with expected changes to Onlyfans content policy expected soon, do you think this would bring more providers back to escorting again? Do you think this would change the quality of girls escorting, even perhaps entice new girls dependent on OF income into escorting? More tours, girls, and possibly lower prices this winter?

I have to admit that I am happy for the changes, and still greatful that onlyfans played a role in normalising sexwork.

Offline bdyno

I personally don't think it's the sex workers. It's the platform they switch to that their income is determined on. Sure I do not doubt their ability to adapt. However, people seem to be forgetting all of the celeb endorsements Onlyfans got that pushed it into mainstream before Onlyfans decided to backstab their main content creators. The user Interface of the Onlyfans website is also much better than the other platforms and even the name itself had a good ring and brand feel to it. Look at the other platforms user interface, brand presence in the mainstream... It's just not there. The subscribers are not going to flood to platforms with weak brand presence and an interface which is not as simple or user friendly like Onlyfans. The content creators will migrate, but the flash flood of fast money days of five figure months to 6-7 figure years.... if Onlyfans deffo go through with the change and do not backtrack...are over I reckon.

The subscribers will not flock to where ever the content provider will go, there is no subscriber loyalty like that for normal creators. Perhaps with big celebs maybe, but Onlyfans had a little bit of ambiguity in the sense that it was not soley a X rated platform, it just happened to become big off that content. These other platforms are fully explicit in their nature. They will not get the endorsement and backing that Onlyfans did.
This is very true.

Onlyfans had pretty much become what googling had become to searching the web, or what hoovering had become to vacuuming.

Now I'm seeing the girls I follow on social media promoting new accounts they've set up elsewhere and it seems they're all choosing different sites.  Maybe eventually one will become the go-to place, but until that happens the girls have to be planning for reduced income.

Offline Rick2468

I think you might be underestimating sex workers. Sex work isn't easy. Managing an OF or other account is a piece of piss compared to organising shags with random strangers.  I'm sure they'll adapt and OF will have shot itself in the foot.

One of my best mate's sister runs an OnlyFans. I think there is no nudity but she has huge tits and does cosplay outfit. She is in her 30s and still lives at home and I get the impression she is just too lazy to do anything and OnlyFans is an easy way for her to make money. I went around the family home as the ushers and bridesmaids for my mate's wedding were getting measured up for our outfits. I got to the place at 2pm and the OnlyFans lady was slobbed out on her back on the sofa still in her PJs. The mum went "X you need to get dressed soon we need to go out" and she said "chill Mum it's my day off" and the mum raised her voice and went "You are always taking days off!".

One of the first things she said to me was "Do you have Instagram" and I said yes and she asked me to follow her. Then when I saw her at the wedding outside the church the very first thing she said was "You never followed me on Instagram" and she mentioned it again later in the day so I followed her. My feed is now dominated by her posts as she posts about 10 stories a day on there. She gets loads of attentions though as her cleavage is always on show and she talks about Star Wars so every post gets loads of comments. I don't think she is attractive at all. I actually think she has more of an existence on social media than in real life which is sad.

Online daviemac

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Moderator
  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 32,195
  • Likes: 798
  •  
  • Reviews: 24
Over the last few years (even before COVID) I've noticed that because some escorts could make do with OF content, the scene changed when girls knew they could make money selling adult content to the point they became picky and worked fewer hours.
Now with expected changes to Onlyfans content policy expected soon, do you think this would bring more providers back to escorting again? Do you think this would change the quality of girls escorting, even perhaps entice new girls dependent on OF income into escorting? More tours, girls, and possibly lower prices this winter?

I have to admit that I am happy for the changes, and still greatful that onlyfans played a role in normalising sexwork.
Does nobody look to see it there's a current thread running before starting a new one.  We'll be in double figures soon.   :dash:

Offline MysteryManNo.7

Considering that the majority of OF accounts make only around £130 per month it's hardly going to be a huge blow for many.

From what I can see on Google, the top 10% of OF accounts make 73% of all the money and the top 1% make 33% of all the money earned on the platform. Unless you're inside probably the top 5% it's not the grand money making scheme most people think that it is.

Offline Golden Hind

I don't think it will have much impact.

I was under the impression most on there posted just nudes or even non-nude stuff anyway, just a more sexual instagram. Any time I've read an article or heard of someone doing it, it's always been that rather than porn.

Also it's mentioned earlier on this thread that you can't search the site, so to follow someone you will have had to find them through their presense on social media? In that case the subscribers for ones doing porn will be easily transferable to any other site via their social media.

Offline LLPunting

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 17,560
  • Likes: 192
  •  
  • Reviews: 360
Considering that the majority of OF accounts make only around £130 per month it's hardly going to be a huge blow for many.

From what I can see on Google, the top 10% of OF accounts make 73% of all the money and the top 1% make 33% of all the money earned on the platform. Unless you're inside probably the top 5% it's not the grand money making scheme most people think that it is.

The critical fact for OF is how much of all revenue is derived from soon to be banned content?

Offline dubs

Good summary of the issues and interesting points from TLDR.  I.e. the Oligopoly of Visa, MC and paypal are deciding what you and I are allowed to buy.

External Link/Members Only


Offline Name Not Found

Considering that the majority of OF accounts make only around £130 per month it's hardly going to be a huge blow for many.

From what I can see on Google, the top 10% of OF accounts make 73% of all the money and the top 1% make 33% of all the money earned on the platform. Unless you're inside probably the top 5% it's not the grand money making scheme most people think that it is.

It's generally understood that the same rules and proportions apply to most things on the internet. Only a tiny percentage of the participants on any platform are highly successful.

Offline thecat250


Offline Aj280

Considering that the majority of OF accounts make only around £130 per month it's hardly going to be a huge blow for many.

From what I can see on Google, the top 10% of OF accounts make 73% of all the money and the top 1% make 33% of all the money earned on the platform. Unless you're inside probably the top 5% it's not the grand money making scheme most people think that it is.

For just taking a few sexy pics a month, £130 is still a pretty good side income.

Offline darrenrene30

Considering that the majority of OF accounts make only around £130 per month it's hardly going to be a huge blow for many.

From what I can see on Google, the top 10% of OF accounts make 73% of all the money and the top 1% make 33% of all the money earned on the platform. Unless you're inside probably the top 5% it's not the grand money making scheme most people think that it is.

But all sorts of women are joining the site. So the percentage figure is relative. The top 10% making the 73% are maybe the women who you'd wished escorted and paid to see for such services. And the other 90%, maybe you won't pay to see as an escort. So the potential quality escorts who you'd have loved to see for in person services are kept online on the likes of Onlyfans.

Also if a potential quality escort can't yet make good money online, she'll still try to damn hardest. I mean others are doing it, so why can't she, she'll say to herself. And if she still can't make it online, then she'll quit altogether or do escorting at a crazy high price. If other girls are making good money online, then I'm worth a lot more and charge more as I'm offering in person service, will be her thinking. Hence the crazy escort prices and lack of talent these days, spoilt by men who pay online girls, for the detriment of all men. Sad thing is those same online paying guys wished their girls did in person meets. They don't click that they've given them good reasons to not ever have to meet them in person or escort. These men need to be shown how they're damaging the real fun for paying for sex - the real in person meets in the flesh, not online limited virtual meets on a screen they wank to.

E.g. on another forum, a punter was saying how he'd wished some hot Russian cam girls he cams with did escorting too, and he only finds average EE girls escort. Doesn't click he's paying the Russians not to escort by paying to cam, and the average EE ones escort since probably he wouldn't pay them on cam.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 04:08:32 pm by darrenrene30 »

Offline darrenrene30

Also that new FOSTA/SESTA law in US isn't helping either. Escorts can't advertise on things like Backpage anymore. Meaning US guys can't easily find escorts at good prices. So they end up spending money on online girls for that connection.

Offline Troydor69

It’s been reported that Only Fans will be banning sexually explicit content from October. I’ve never used this site, as it’s not exactly tricky to get porn for free so there’s no way I’m paying for a digital arse to be waggled in front of me. But this has got me thinking...

There have been several stories in mainstream media about Only Fans content creators that are earning thousands every month from this site. Let’s be real and say that as soon as explicit material is removed very few people are going to keep paying to se PG rated videos. I’m curious if any of the girls (and guys) that have made a good living from performing on camera might move into the escorting game? It seems pretty feasible that many would rather carry on selling sex to keep earning a good wage easily, rather than taking on a minimum wage job filling shelves in their local Tesco?

Apologies if this has already been covered.

External Link/Members Only

Offline GingerNuts

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,820
  • Likes: 111
  •  
  • Reviews: 48
Apologies if this has already been covered.

How did you miss the big OnlyFans thread?

Onlyfans

Offline puntingpumping1920

« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:34:31 pm by puntingpumping1920 »
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Metalgear2018

Does nobody look to see it there's a current thread running before starting a new one.  We'll be in double figures soon.   :dash:

Yep. I'm glad I went to off topic before posting. This thread has answered all my questions

Offline Metalgear2018

One of my best mate's sister runs an OnlyFans. I think there is no nudity but she has huge tits and does cosplay outfit. She is in her 30s and still lives at home and I get the impression she is just too lazy to do anything and OnlyFans is an easy way for her to make money. I went around the family home as the ushers and bridesmaids for my mate's wedding were getting measured up for our outfits. I got to the place at 2pm and the OnlyFans lady was slobbed out on her back on the sofa still in her PJs. The mum went "X you need to get dressed soon we need to go out" and she said "chill Mum it's my day off" and the mum raised her voice and went "You are always taking days off!".

One of the first things she said to me was "Do you have Instagram" and I said yes and she asked me to follow her. Then when I saw her at the wedding outside the church the very first thing she said was "You never followed me on Instagram" and she mentioned it again later in the day so I followed her. My feed is now dominated by her posts as she posts about 10 stories a day on there. She gets loads of attentions though as her cleavage is always on show and she talks about Star Wars so every post gets loads of comments. I don't think she is attractive at all. I actually think she has more of an existence on social media than in real life which is sad.

What is her insta?

Offline Gordon Bennett

How did you miss the big OnlyFans thread?

Onlyfans

But that just links to this thread :unknown:

Offline Payyourwaymate

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 145
But that just links to this thread :unknown:

There has been a lot of new threads getting started and merged into this thread. I think he posted that on a newly created that was merged into this one.

Offline Payyourwaymate

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 145
External Link/Members Only

"RIP ONLYFANS! DJ Akademiks reacts to onlyfans Banning pornographic content from their platform!"

I was surprised how well versed this guy is in business reasoning with the logic behind Onlyfans actions and the whole dynamic of Onlyfans and content creators. Good video, it's long though. He stops talking about Onlyfans around the 40 mins mark.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 06:37:40 pm by Payyourwaymate »

Offline GingerNuts

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 9,820
  • Likes: 111
  •  
  • Reviews: 48
But that just links to this thread :unknown:
There has been a lot of new threads getting started and merged into this thread. I think he posted that on a newly created that was merged into this one.

:thumbsup:

Offline Oracle17

Hi all

With the recent news that Only Fans will ban all explicit and pornographic content from their platform from October 2021, do you think that will lead to the return of many escorts who 'retired' because they were making so much money from Only Fans? Or do you think some new girls who become escorts because they can no longer make money from Only Fans? Personally I hope it's a massive yes to both and can't wait to see what possibilities October brings  :cool:

Offline Reppit

Hopefully more girls as around Cannock area it’s pretty barren

Offline PunterNumber69

No, as many women are fine selling pics and vids, but they're not fine with the health risks and other issues related to escorting.

Offline mr.bluesky

Hi all

With the recent news that Only Fans will ban all explicit and pornographic content from their platform from October 2021, do you think that will lead to the return of many escorts who 'retired' because they were making so much money from Only Fans? Or do you think some new girls who become escorts because they can no longer make money from Only Fans? Personally I hope it's a massive yes to both and can't wait to see what possibilities October brings  :cool:

I doubt it. I have to agree with PunterNumber69's statement

Online tesla

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,080
  • Likes: 4
  •  
  • Reviews: 30
another thread about only fans, this is already being discussed in Off Topic


Offline Payyourwaymate

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 145
Updated policy

Hidden Image/Members Only

Well...that's a wrap for sex workers with OF. I wonder what will happen to all the data of all the uploaded videos in the past, will it get deleted? Sold off? Hacked? 🤔. Anyway, it was a good run for the content creators, a lot of people have been fucked over. I hoped they saved their money. RIP to their income.



Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Metalgear2018

Well...that's a wrap for sex workers with OF. I wonder what will happen to all the data of all the uploaded videos in the past, will it get deleted? Sold off? Hacked? 🤔. Anyway, it was a good run for the content creators, a lot of people have been fucked over. I hoped they saved their money. RIP to their income.



Hidden Image/Members Only

I'm sure they have saved their money lol

Offline puntingpumping1920

Looks like content creators are moving to Fansly 
 
 
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Lou2019

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 646
  • Likes: 76
  •  
Looks like content creators are moving to Fansly

as one door closes another opens, there will always be a platform available I reckon that it will be payment via bitcoin eventually to get around the issue onlyfans have (probably been said already). Just my two pennies though on the subject  :unknown:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 01:15:47 pm by Lou2019 »
Banned reason: Can’t stop having a pop at punters, on a punting forum, warned to many times now, no more!!
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Name Not Found

I reckon that it will be payment via bitcoin eventually to get around the issue onlyfans have (probably been said already). Just my two pennies though on the subject  :unknown:

Bitcoin just isn't mainstream enough for that to work right now but, as you say, maybe eventually.

Offline VolapUK

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Likes: 1
  •  
  • Reviews: 16
Remember some years ago, when Tumblr removed all the adult content? It went from being worth 1.1 billion USD to... 3 million. Best of luck, Onlyfans!  :lol:
Banned reason: Needs to review or contribute not just report posts.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Sexpest

All they will all do is move across to admire me and pocket stars and any of the other British sights. It won’t stop the sale of pornography. It’s too big of a market to just stop. I don’t believe they will all suddenly become escorts when they have been making thousands for selling content. What did they do before only fans? They did Skype calling and web cam and other digital forms it’s just a constantly evolving machine. Someone will make a lot of money copying only fans but aimed at the U.K. sex market. It’s now an open playing field for another app to come along.

Offline Payyourwaymate

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 145
Looks like content creators are moving to Fansly

I saw that, they have a backlog of applications and at one point on their twitter claimed they were getting 4000 applications an hour. Someone in the comments was siting security concerns with their platform if that will be addressed.

One thing I am pretty sure that will happen is that the content providers subcribers will not all follow. It's like when an instagram page with a lot of followers is deleted and the new one arises with far less followers. I think that will happen. Subscribers and brand awareness I think will contribute heavily towards the platforms success, if that platform cannot extend it's reach to the subscriber base and raise brand awareness, along with having ease of payment facilitation and an friendly interactive user interface, it's a myth. They better start recruiting more staff.

There are barely any vids about fansly on youtube or any info on them in general. Did anyone even know about fansly before the Onlyfans purge? I sure did not.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 04:35:53 pm by Payyourwaymate »

Offline Payyourwaymate

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 145
I'm sure they have saved their money lol

You seen some of the posts of luxury living some of these OF girls have been doing? I doubt all of them have. OF money in my mind is the same as fast money. Easy come, easy go. Time will tell anyway.

Offline Payyourwaymate

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,084
  • Likes: 103
  •  
  • Reviews: 145
All they will all do is move across to admire me and pocket stars and any of the other British sights. It won’t stop the sale of pornography. It’s too big of a market to just stop. I don’t believe they will all suddenly become escorts when they have been making thousands for selling content. What did they do before only fans? They did Skype calling and web cam and other digital forms it’s just a constantly evolving machine. Someone will make a lot of money copying only fans but aimed at the U.K. sex market. It’s now an open playing field for another app to come along.

Onlyfans had a monopoly on the market allowing ease of access and a higher population of sex workers to have the chance to actually make real money and become legitimately well off in the 6-7 figure range, or at least have the chance of earning very good money through their broad subscriber base which could easily access the site. Before Onlyfans, sex workers getting rich or earning a decent living from camming and pic selling was like an urban legend, you rarely even heard of a sex worker earning 6 or 7 figures, even a high 5 figure amount, not without selling physical sex to high earners really.

Now with the purge, the monopoly is gone. I think everything will become fragmented as it was before and the amount of content providers previously able to get into the 5-7 figure earning capacity will drop significantly, even though it was a miniscule % as it was. Camming and online only content will never stop, it's the earning capacity I believe is now impacted. It's like online only work has been pushed a step backwards. Another poster was talking about paying in bitcoin, that's a bloody hassle lol.

Offline dubs

I was on Chaturbate yesterday and they still take Visa, MC, Paypal etc.  I wonder why they can continue when they show a lot of stuff that would be banned by onlyfan's new policy.  Google "siswet19" for an example  such as double anal fisting.