Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: This heat is a killer!  (Read 1063 times)

Offline AnthG

I am just not designed for this heat. Its a killer. In Newcastle its 24c, but inside my house with a fan on and the windows open its 28.

Its a killer. Does anyone have any tips to survive this? Any tips to cool down.

I haven't checked, but I suspect when I am moaning about Newcastle down in Sunderland it will be something like 34 or something. But still I am a cold climate person I don't know how people survive in these countries that go up to 50c in the summer.

Anyway does anyone have any advice on how to cool down, or any heat-related anecdotes as they seem relevant now?
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline AnthG

Why did I say Sunderland there, I am going delirious with this heat, I meant London...

Offline smiths

Its far far too humid for me, I am also not built for the heat, it isn't as hot and humid as it was yesterday though or Wednesday when in my area its reached 33, its about 27 at the moment.

My solution is an obvious one to get some relief, get in my car and get the air con on full blast, lovely. I did this at about 3am this morning, i even saw a street WG looking for punters in an area i didn't know there were any. She looked like a victim of nuclear fallout but i don't punt with such WGs at all, too risky getting nicked and those i see on occasion aren't attractive to me at all.

Offline RedKettle

I was seriously thinking of getting back to punting this week - have cancelled that as in this heat it would have literally killed me.

Offline lostandfound

Also not a fan of this heat. Yesterday over 30 degrees - I decamped to the coolest room in the house, with a laptop and fan. Cooler today at mid 20s, and reasonably pleasant. Better inside than out, I went for a walk around 8 am this morning and the sun was already blistering, as it was yesterday evening when I went out.

Offline mr.bluesky

Anyway does anyone have any advice on how to cool down, or any heat-related anecdotes as they seem relevant now?

Drink plenty of ice cold beer.  :hi:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:46:41 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline winkywanky

Anything over about 26C outside and I start overheating. After a few hot days, depending on the construction of your house, its very fabric heats right up like a Dutch oven and even if the nights are cool, it radiates the stored heat back out constantly  :scare:.

I have ceiling fans in my living room and bedroom. They don't cool the air of course but the air simply moving over your skin has a slight cooling effect.

During the day, fanlights open (if safe) and curtains/blinds closed. Then around 9pm open all the upstairs windows wide for the two to three hours before you go to bed.

If you're really suffering then putting your feet in a bowl of cold water will cool you down (blood vessels are close to the skin and draw body heat away). Similarly, rinsing your hands under a cold tap will help. Cool, damp flannel on head. Young woman between your knees, sucking you off, all these things will help cool you down  :cool:.

Offline Xtro

Stay hydrated..... No beer!  (mr.bluesky, tut tut).

Here's what the NHS recommend - External Link/Members Only

I would also add, if you're overweight, try losing some body fat (insulation) by eating a few hundred calories less each day as opposed to exercising in this hot weather.

Take care, don't over exert yourselves.   ;)

Offline Xtro

I have ceiling fans in my living room and bedroom. They don't cool the air of course but the air simply moving over your skin has a slight cooling effect.

It just so happens, I have a video of you and your ceiling fan - External Link/Members Only    :cool:

Offline winkywanky

It just so happens, I have a video of you and your ceiling fan - External Link/Members Only    :cool:

...I am dreading clicking on thal link, but here goes...

Offline winkywanky

...not as bad as I thought Xtro! :D

I do love the smell of napalm coffee in the morning. And only £2 for a 217g bag of their Espresso No.5 beans  :cool:

Offline lostandfound

Stay hydrated..... No beer!  (mr.bluesky, tut tut).

Special dispensation for Liverpool fans!  :lol:

Offline Xtro

...not as bad as I thought Xtro! :D

I do love the smell of napalm coffee in the morning. And only £2 for a 217g bag of their Espresso No.5 beans  :cool:

Ultimately ww, you're a cool dude, regardless of the fan!   :thumbsup:

Offline paper7

I am just not designed for this heat. Its a killer. In Newcastle its 24c, but inside my house with a fan on and the windows open its 28.

Its a killer. Does anyone have any tips to survive this? Any tips to cool down.

I haven't checked, but I suspect when I am moaning about Newcastle down in Sunderland it will be something like 34 or something. But still I am a cold climate person I don't know how people survive in these countries that go up to 50c in the summer.

Yep. Leave the fan on and shut ALL your windows and air vents that way your fan only cools the air inside your house and not outside. Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Oh, and drink an ice-cold beer as another poster said, nothing better. Put them in the freezer for half an hour, no longer, then put them in the fridge - they're bloody lovely!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:52:14 pm by paper7 »

Offline winkywanky

Back in the day, the Great British farmworker existed on a flagon of ale for his daily hydration needs. I'm talking of a few hundred years ago now. Unless you were close to a running stream or a spring with fresh water it was an easy way to keep/take water fresh enough.

This was very weak stuff, but I guess strong enough to keep you happy in your work, and you didn't get dehydrated.

Offline lostandfound

Yep. Leave the fan on and shut ALL your windows and air vents that way your fan only cools the air inside your house and not outside. Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Erm ... how does a fan cool air?

Offline Xtro

a fan creates a wind chill effect. ... By blowing air around, the fan makes it easier for the air to evaporate sweat from your skin, which is how you eliminate body heat. The more evaporation, the cooler you feel.

Offline Xtro

Back in the day, the Great British farmworker existed on a flagon of ale for his daily hydration needs. I'm talking of a few hundred years ago now. Unless you were close to a running stream or a spring with fresh water it was an easy way to keep/take water fresh enough.

This was very weak stuff, but I guess strong enough to keep you happy in your work, and you didn't get dehydrated.

Fucking hell..... It sounds as if you're remembering that! How old are you?

Offline lostandfound

a fan creates a wind chill effect. ... By blowing air around, the fan makes it easier for the air to evaporate sweat from your skin, which is how you eliminate body heat. The more evaporation, the cooler you feel.

Doesn't actually cool the air though. That would be up there with room temperature cold fusion. (OK - actually more unlikely).

Offline paper7

Erm ... how does a fan cool air?
If you shut ALL your windows then all your fan has to do is cool the air in the room and not the air out-side. If you don't believe me, and are dubious, leave the fan on and shut the windows and doors in the living-room and go back in there after half an hour. Try it.

Offline lostandfound

If you shut ALL your windows then all your fan has to do is cool the air in the room and not the air out-side. If you don't believe me, and are dubious, leave the fan on and shut the windows and doors in the living-room and go back in there after half an hour. Try it.

Without rewriting the laws of physics it's not actually possible to cool air by swishing it around. doing so imparts energy to the air so making it a little bit warmer.

Offline Doc Holliday

What they maybe didn't know was that alcohol is a diuretic so they pissed in the field more frequently and then became dehydrated and thirsty requiring them to drink more ale and then piss in the field and drink more ale and ..............

Offline Whoisarrypotter

Banned reason: Shame - but lost the plot
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline winkywanky

When I say I'm around 60 I'm actually knocking off 300yrs. So 360.

I devour the flesh and body fluids of young women to keep myself young. And with my latest Trans punts I find my beard is also coming back after an absence of around 200yrs  :thumbsup:  :cool:

Offline paper7

Seriously, WW is right. The water had too many pollutants in to drink, but by using the water to brew alcohol the fermentation process killed all the germs.

In essence everybody was piddled!

Offline winkywanky

What they maybe didn't know was that alcohol is a diuretic so they pissed in the field more frequently and then became dehydrated and thirsty requiring them to drink more ale and then piss in the field and drink more ale and ..............

Beer generally is a diuretic Doc, but this stuff was so weak as to not intoxicate you. So its hydration effect was real. I don't know the actual strength, but if yer average modern ale is around 3.5%, I guess this old-time stuff might have been around 1.5%?

Offline winkywanky

Seriously, WW is right. The water had too many pollutants in to drink, but by using the water to brew alcohol the fermentation process killed all the germs.

Only a ickle bit.

Offline lostandfound

When I used to lurk in South Devon my local would get in a Christmas ale. Wonderful stuff, you could drink it all day without getting pissed. Apparently - so I heard!  :drinks:

Offline winkywanky

When I used to lurk in South Devon my local would get in a Christmas ale. Wonderful stuff, you could drink it all day without getting pissed. Apparently - so I heard!  :drinks:

That is frankly bollocks, Christmas Ale is generally around 6%.

But hey it's Christmas, who gives a fuck!!  :D

Offline lostandfound

That is frankly bollocks, Christmas Ale is generally around 6%.

But hey it's Christmas, who gives a fuck!!  :D

Not so, around 2%. I confess to drinking it over the course of many hours. Was brewed in Bristol by Courage I believe - though that brewery has long gone and is now steel and glass apartments and offices.

Offline Xtro

Hence the recent antics at the beach in Bournemouth! - External Link/Members Only

I've heard stories about the kids drinking Gin in London due to the contaminated water.

Offline winkywanky

Not so, around 2%. I confess to drinking it over the course of many hours. Was brewed in Bristol by Courage I believe - though that brewery has long gone and is now steel and glass apartments and offices.

Fair enough, never heard of that. Was this many years ago? I'm sure my Locals do Greene King Xmas Ale and it's an absolute killer. Similar to heavier 'Winter Ales' but extra-speshul, being Christmas and all.

Offline winkywanky

Hence the recent antics at the beach in Bournemouth! - External Link/Members Only

I've heard stories about the kids drinking Gin in London due to the contaminated water.

So you're a Hogarth fan too then Xtro  :cool:

Offline lostandfound

Fair enough, never heard of that. Was this many years ago? I'm sure my Locals do Greene King Xmas Ale and it's an absolute killer. Similar to heavier 'Winter Ales' but extra-speshul, being Christmas and all.

Mid 90s. According to the locals it was a long tradition. It was £1 a pint when I was drinking it. Happy days.

Offline winkywanky

Mid 90s. According to the locals it was a long tradition. It was £1 a pint when I was drinking it. Happy days.

:thumbsup: They must have conjured it up as a long session beer, so you could drink all day and still be standing when you left the pub?

I think their Best is around 3.6%, and I remember as a foolish lad of 16, drinking five pints of Directors (4.5%ish?) one evening ,and then throwing up violently while walking home.

Offline lostandfound

:thumbsup: They must have conjured it up as a long session beer, so you could drink all day and still be standing when you left the pub?

I think their Best is around 3.6%, and I remember as a foolish lad of 16, drinking five pints of Directors (4.5%ish?) one evening ,and then throwing up violently while walking home.

Yep that was the idea. I was a petrol head in those days and we would stand around telling each others yarns of the idiotic things we got up to messing about in cars. The same stories were probably repeated over and over.  :D

I always though Best was around 3% but my mate swears it was 4% - and wikipedia seems to agree with him.

Directors is evil. I blotted my copybook on a day out when I'd started a new job. Those were the days when we could bugger off once a month at Friday lunchtime.  Went on the director's and spent most of the evening yodelling down the white telephone.

Offline winkywanky

Went on the director's and spent most of the evening yodelling down the white telephone.

Now there's a charming turn of phrase I haven't heard for some time  :D

Offline paper7

This is worth a read:- External Link/Members Only

Offline Xtro

So you're a Hogarth fan too then Xtro  :cool:

I had to look that up. Great prints.   :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:30:12 pm by Xtro »

Offline scutty brown

If it was 2% it could legally be sold as non-alcoholic, and to children, without licence. The limit (in specific gravity) equated to around 2.6%
Courage Bristol (aka Georges Brewery) made a "BB" (Boys Bitter) workers beer of around 2.7-2.8%, while Courage Plymouth sometimes brewed a dark mild of similar strength.
I don't remember a Courage Christmas Ale, though certainly they for some years did a "Winter Warmer" of around 5-6%, first brewed in London, later in Bristol. All these breweries are now closed

Offline smiths

Anything over about 26C outside and I start overheating. After a few hot days, depending on the construction of your house, its very fabric heats right up like a Dutch oven and even if the nights are cool, it radiates the stored heat back out constantly  :scare:.

During the day, fanlights open (if safe) and curtains/blinds closed. Then around 9pm open all the upstairs windows wide for the two to three hours before you go to bed.

If you're really suffering then putting your feet in a bowl of cold water will cool you down (blood vessels are close to the skin and draw body heat away). Similarly, rinsing your hands under a cold tap will help. Cool, damp flannel on head. Young woman between your knees, sucking you off, all these things will help cool you down  :cool:.

Good advice their, :thumbsup: I also stick my head in my fridge and freezer and freeze bottles of water and rub them on myself but usually in a non sexual way.

Offline cunningman

Reviews: 0.  Understanding of energy conservation and thermodynamics: also 0.

The electricity that is turned in the fan motor to motive force and heat - where does that energy actually go?
And in what form?

Offline scutty brown

do you leave your fridge door open to cool the house as well?

Offline AnthG

The electricity that is turned in the fan motor to motive force and heat - where does that energy actually go?
And in what form?

That's the problem I have my PC, which is a full base unit. AV receiver and PS4 all blasting heat into the room. All the fan does is circulate it.

You need an exhaust and this will be the open window.

Offline cunningman

That's the problem I have my PC, which is a full base unit. AV receiver and PS4 all blasting heat into the room. All the fan does is circulate it.

You could turn at least one of those off, at any given time.

Offline winkywanky

do you leave your fridge door open to cool the house as well?

Well of course that's just silly, your butter will go all runny  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline lostandfound

IMO you need to rethink your tech. It should be unobtrusive - less is more!

Offline sparkus

Why did I say Sunderland there, I am going delirious with this heat, I meant London...

Freudian slip there mate.  Reminds me of the Alan Partridge classic:

Alan Partridge : That's a nice shirt.

Michael : Aye, I got married in this. Like it? I got it in Manilla.

Alan Partridge : I didn't know you were married.

Michael : Aye. Married a Filipino lassie, like. Didn't work out. She didn't like Newcastle and she didn't fit in with the culture.

Alan Partridge : Has she gone back home?

Michael : No, she moved to Sunderland. She's shacked up with me brother.

Offline paper7

Reviews: 0.  Understanding of energy conservation and thermodynamics: also 0.

And in what form?
Instead of criticising, try it.