I moved away early 80’s. You could have a proper pub crawl from Thatched House to The Green Man.
The Thatched House is now a Betfred, the Green Man an O'Neills. I think the only pubs you'd remember that are still there are The Bell and the Red Lion, as well as the Plough and Harrow I mentioned. With the exception of the Red Lion, which is pretty gastro, they're all Sky Sports and Fosters boozers. I've drank in all of them following punts (baby oil from chebs on the pint glass!), some I'd definitely not go back to

(to bring it back to this thread, in the late 00s there were various web forums that debated the best place to get paid and non paid outdoor sex, with the Plough and Harrow vacinity mentioned)
The Spoons won't have been there when you were a lad, it sometimes gets reported in Metro as the cheapest pub in London on account of £1.49 pints. And it's pretty much opposite River Kwai massage too
