Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: UK vaccine under trials  (Read 387 times)

Offline hornyguylondon

It was announced at today's press conference that we have a vaccine ready.

Uk human trials will start this week.

China have completed initial trials on their vaccine and I can confirm that no Bats were harmed during the testing  :yahoo:

Offline lostandfound

Phase 1 trials. presumably. Patrick Vallance article I read mentioned over 80 vaccine projects around the world. Sounds to me like Hancock playing to the gallery, though I wish both the Oxford and Imperial College teams every success.

Offline lostandfound

Link to Vallance article

He concludes that with > 80 attempts under way hopefully a vaccine in 12 - 18 months, but nothing is certain.

External Link/Members Only

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider
Phase 1 trials. presumably. Patrick Vallance article I read mentioned over 80 vaccine projects around the world. Sounds to me like Hancock playing to the gallery, though I wish both the Oxford and Imperial College teams every success.

I wondered how much is propoganda, moral boosting, providing hope. There has been a lot of what I am calling 'waffle', for example the tests, proposed deaths, ventilator promises. To me it sounds as if the government are winging this, that's not a criticism as such but quite a few things just not following through and partly because they aren't possible.

Offline hornyguylondon

I wondered how much is propoganda, moral boosting, providing hope.
All of the above unfortunately - that's politics for you  :rolleyes:

There has been a lot of what I am calling 'waffle', for example the tests, proposed deaths, ventilator promises. To me it sounds as if the government are winging this, that's not a criticism as such but quite a few things just not following through and partly because they aren't possible.
Yes that's partly because it's an unknown and they could never be fully prepared for such an event. I do share your frustration at the waffle and broken promises though  :(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:09:10 pm by hornyguylondon »

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider
I wondered how much is propoganda, moral boosting, providing hope. There has been a lot of what I am calling 'waffle', for example the tests, proposed deaths, ventilator promises. To me it sounds as if the government are winging this, that's not a criticism as such but quite a few things just not following through and partly because they aren't possible.

Propaganda  :blush:

Offline winkywanky

Offline winkywanky

(A govt boosting its morals would seem to be somewhat unlikely).

Offline petermisc

People do seem to be getting their hopes up unrealistically.  When the government announced the start of the lock-down and said they would review in 3 weeks, a lot of people seemed to think it might be over in 3 weeks!

Having a vaccine ready for trials is nothing like having a vaccine ready for use.  We need to show that it is safe.  We need to know that it isn't going to have any unintended effects on pregnant mothers and their foetuses.  Finding that out is going to take more than a few weeks.  The last thing we need is another Thalidomide.  Future generations won't look too kindly on us if we rush a vaccine through causing a generation of malformed babies just so that we could get people back to work a bit quicker.

Online Colston36

It seems to me the government has winged everything. Our statistics are among the worst in the world. Only the idiot Trump and his attendant liars  can hope to do worse.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:57:41 pm by Colston36 »

Offline hornyguylondon

It seems to me the government has winged everything. Our statistics are among the worst in the world. Only the idiot Trump and his attendant liars  can hope to do worse.
It looked like we had a credible team of advisors in Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance but we've missed the boat on lockdown and dropped the ball on PPE and testing. The medical experts have always backed their decisions on lockdown and testing so they are equally culpable in their recommendations to the Government.

Offline lostandfound

It looked like we had a credible team of advisors in Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance but we've missed the boat on lockdown and dropped the ball on PPE and testing. The medical experts have always backed their decisions on lockdown and testing so they are equally culpable in their recommendations to the Government.

Nonsense. We've had a Tory administration for years, during which time they've ignored the scientists' recommendations (it's on record). So now the shit is hitting the fan the repeat over and over "We've always been guided by the science", which is politician bullshit for "We haven't got a clue and we're shit scared so we're going to blame the scientists".

Offline hornyguylondon

Nonsense. We've had a Tory administration for years, during which time they've ignored the scientists' recommendations (it's on record). So now the shit is hitting the fan the repeat over and over "We've always been guided by the science", which is politician bullshit for "We haven't got a clue and we're shit scared so we're going to blame the scientists".

The point I made is not nonsense, the Covid Medical team have defended the recommendations they made and we followed so they do have some culpability in this instance. The Government has it's own failings but my point still stands regarding this.

Offline lostandfound

The point I made is not nonsense, the Covid Medical team have defended the recommendations they made and we followed so they do have some culpability in this instance. The Government has it's own failings but my point still stands regarding this.

The govt strategy will be throw their advisors under the bus. It's not going to wash with the public. Vallance warned them to prepare for pandemic last year - and that was not the first warning they were given.

Offline hornyguylondon

The govt strategy will be throw their advisors under the bus. It's not going to wash with the public. Vallance warned them to prepare for pandemic last year - and that was not the first warning they were given.
I doubt the Government will be looking to blame too much given their own obvious failings but undoubtedly medical advice should be reviewed alongside Government preparation and management of the crisis. Nobody comes out of this with much credit apart from the NHS and others who have had to pick up the pieces  :(

Offline lostandfound

I doubt the Government will be looking to blame too much given their own obvious failings but undoubtedly medical advice should be reviewed alongside Government preparation and management of the crisis. Nobody comes out of this with much credit apart from the NHS and others who have had to pick up the pieces  :(

I disagree. Politicians will be looking to blame wherever they can. They will be fighting for their political lives, and the life of their party. The Tories dropped the ball in the mid 90s and were out of power for 13 years.

Offline hornyguylondon

I disagree. Politicians will be looking to blame wherever they can. They will be fighting for their political lives, and the life of their party. The Tories dropped the ball in the mid 90s and were out of power for 13 years.

True and we don't want that  :scare: