Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Movies/Films/TV - Opinions  (Read 124125 times)

Offline JontyR

it’s got Barbara Flynn in, who I used to lust after.
She played a very sexy part in this

Offline Jabba the Slut

mazon prime.
Excellent viewing.

Online Doc Holliday

She played a very sexy part in this

She certainly did

External Link/Members Only

See around 28 minutes in.

In relation to difficulty finding the series there are a  number of other episodes on dailymotion

Online akauya

Not sure if this was recommended before, so apols in case I missed it.

I really enjoyed Obituary, an Irish black comedy about a woman obsessed with death who works as an obituarist for the local newspaper. Starring the beautiful Siobhán Cullen.

Offline ulstersubbie

I really enjoyed Obituary, an Irish black comedy about a woman obsessed with death who works as an obituarist for the local newspaper. Starring the beautiful Siobhán Cullen.

Looks interesting, thanks for the recommendation.   :hi:

Offline Ghost89

Probably appeals more to Xtro who shares my love of martial arts cinema…Drunken Master 2. 1994 Jackie Chan movie. At 40 years old at the time, some doubted he’d be able to pull it off but showed the naysayers he had more than enough left in the tank and filmed some of the best fights of his career. The end fight scene alone took nearly 4 months to film and lasts 7 minutes. It’s spectacular.

Offline Xtro

Probably appeals more to Xtro who shares my love of martial arts cinema…Drunken Master 2. 1994 Jackie Chan movie. At 40 years old at the time, some doubted he’d be able to pull it off but showed the naysayers he had more than enough left in the tank and filmed some of the best fights of his career. The end fight scene alone took nearly 4 months to film and lasts 7 minutes. It’s spectacular.

More impressive is that Lau Kar-leung was 60 years old, the old man that fought Jackie under the train!
Drunken Master II - Lau Kar-Leung Train fight - External Link/Members Only

Offline Ghost89

More impressive is that Lau Kar-leung was 60 years old, the old man that fought Jackie under the train!
Drunken Master II - Lau Kar-Leung Train fight - External Link/Members Only
Yes he still had it. And the ubiquitous tea house fight showed him in fine form.

Offline standardpostage

Sorry to contradict, but, I found it quite average.

Bit confusing as to who's who, and who did what to who, and why ?

Not that funny either. Could be a Marmite series  :unknown:

6 episodes. Set in modern day Ireland.

Offline Xtro

Yes he still had it. And the ubiquitous tea house fight showed him in fine form.

A tea house fight? How unique.   :rolleyes:

The stunt at the end, where Jackie falls backwards into the red hot coals and pushes his way out of them, he did himself... obviously.
He talks about it (at the end) in this interview;
In Conversation With Movie Legend Jackie Chan - External Link/Members Only
Note:- He says 3 months to film the end scene.

The end scene alone is better than most films IMO;
The Legend of the Drunken Master (Jui kuen II) Final Fight - External Link/Members Only

Offline Ghost89

No faking those hot coals. I notice they don’t even apply any burn gel to his hair either like they would have done for an American movie.
First time I saw them end fight I was blown away by the speed and timing. Nothing like it was seen in western cinema. I’d love to see a third movie with Jackie as the old master now.

Offline Jonestown

The Four Just Men, normal late fifties / early sixties evening TV viewing: Trigger Warning - its in black & white:-

Offline ulstersubbie

The Four Just Men, normal late fifties / early sixties evening TV viewing: Trigger Warning - its in black & white:-

Real find there Jonestown, Jack Hawkins and Richard Conte!    :thumbsup:

Offline Jonestown

Real find there Jonestown, Jack Hawkins and Richard Conte!    :thumbsup:

And Vittorio De Sica, the Italian film director in an acting role.

Offline ulstersubbie

And Vittorio De Sica, the Italian film director in an acting role.

Aah, the great De Sica, I must rewatch Bicycle Thieves at some point.

Offline standardpostage

Aah, the great De Sica, I must rewatch Bicycle Thieves at some point.
Seen it 2 or 3 times, good film  :thumbsup:

Offline standardpostage

The Courier. Netflix. 2024 movie. Very entertaining. Recommended. Spanish crime caper / thriller.

7 out of 10 from me. Easy on the eye. Stars Aron Piper. About fraud and money laundering.

Certificate 15.

Offline Punterperson1971

The Courier. Netflix. 2024 movie. Very entertaining. Recommended. Spanish crime caper / thriller.

7 out of 10 from me. Easy on the eye. Stars Aron Piper. About fraud and money laundering.

Certificate 15.
Seen that last night the women were very tasty

Offline standardpostage

Seen that last night the women were very tasty
Very  :thumbsup:

Not Safe For Work, as they say  :)

Offline lostandfound

Enjoyed Clarkson's Farm Series 3.

let it run in the background while I was doing other stuff, because I tried to watch Series 1 and 2 but got bored and bailed. This time around it drew my attention much more.

Felt a Top Gear vibe in a good way. Clarkson's madcap schemes, some of which actually worked. And the rubbing along with Hammond and May was now spread across more amigos. The seaweed frackers in the car park - that was good - and there was more like that to also enjoy.

Farming? Loving their livestock and killing them as Clarkson described it. Encapsulates humanity. The planet's apex predator - absolute monsters, but we cannot help it.

Online WDFORTE

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare 9/10

Guy Ritchie WW2 caper, based on a true story.  Henry Cavill, Alan Ritchson and Freddie Fox to name but a few.
One of the best WW2 romps I've seen in ages.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 08:49:09 pm by WDFORTE »

Offline Dickled

"Ronnies:Ronnie Scott and his world famous jazz club."

I'm not a massive jazz fan, but the way the documentary was put together was so good, be it the evocative and magical black and white film showing the cool cats of jazz and their followers post-war, and the later colour recordings of the greats that even a novice like me can appreciate, like Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Van Morrison, Chet Baker, Buddy Rich, and so many more.
Even better is the focus on Ronnie Scott himself, such a talented and gifted man with a lovely understated manner, and you really feel for him when you learn how fragile his mental state could be sometimes.
Great documentary, available on BBC IPlayer.

Offline Ghost89

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare 9/10

Guy Ritchie WW2 caper, based on a true story.  Henry Cavill, Alan Ritchson and Freddie Fox to name but a few.
One of the best WW2 romps I've seen in ages.

I really like the look of this. Has the vibe of ww2 romps like Kelly’s Heroes. Where have you seen it as it’s not on at cinemas and checking on Google it states that it will be coming to prime but it isn’t showing there.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 09:55:53 pm by Ghost89 »

Offline mr.bluesky

I really like the look of this. Has the vibe of ww2 romps like Kelly’s Heroes. Where have you seen it as it’s not on at cinemas and checking on Google it states that it will be coming to prime but it isn’t showing there.

Likewise, looking forward to seeing this if it is a cinema release. I am about to start reading the book written by Damien Lewis which the film is based on.

Offline ulstersubbie

"Ronnies:Ronnie Scott and his world famous jazz club."

I'm not a massive jazz fan, but the way the documentary was put together was so good, be it the evocative and magical black and white film showing the cool cats of jazz and their followers post-war, and the later colour recordings of the greats that even a novice like me can appreciate, like Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Van Morrison, Chet Baker, Buddy Rich, and so many more.
Even better is the focus on Ronnie Scott himself, such a talented and gifted man with a lovely understated manner, and you really feel for him when you learn how fragile his mental state could be sometimes.
Great documentary, available on BBC IPlayer.

Being a Jazz lover, this looks right up my street. I used to work around the corner from Ronnie Scott's when I lived in London many years ago. Thanks for the recommendation.   :hi:

Offline Dickled

Being a Jazz lover, this looks right up my street. I used to work around the corner from Ronnie Scott's when I lived in London many years ago. Thanks for the recommendation.   :hi:
No problems mate. It's available on IPlayer for 18 days.

Offline standardpostage

Adagio. Netflix. 7 out of 10. Set in modern day Rome.

Italian crime drama. Stars Pierfrancesco Favino.

About gangsters, blackmail & crooked cops.

2023 movie.

Online WDFORTE

Transmission and torrent. If you search film title and put torrent at the end it'll lead you to a download site or 3. Transmission is needed to download it or programs like that

Offline Ghost89

Transmission and torrent. If you search film title and put torrent at the end it'll lead you to a download site or 3. Transmission is needed to download it or programs like that

Ok cheers. I’ll wait for it to come to prime. I’m very wary of these kind of sites and don’t trust  them.

Offline Xtro

Anyone seen this? It looks interesting.

Letter Never Sent (1960) Trailer - External Link/Members Only
Full Movie (Eng Subs) - External Link/Members Only

From Mosfilm YouTube channel - External Link/Members Only

Offline ulstersubbie

Anyone seen this? It looks interesting.

Letter Never Sent (1960) Trailer - External Link/Members Only
Full Movie (Eng Subs) - External Link/Members Only

From Mosfilm YouTube channel - External Link/Members Only

I haven't seen it, but the director is Mikhail Kalatazov who also directed The Cranes Are Flying, a pretty good effort from what I remember. Will try and watch it over the weekend.

Offline Xtro

This DailyMotion channel may be of interest to some - External Link/Members Only

Not all films have English subs so might be unwatchable.

Offline Ghost89

This DailyMotion channel may be of interest to some - External Link/Members Only

Not all films have English subs so might be unwatchable.

Great find! Thanks for that. Plenty in there I’d watch. Some hard to find movies in there like curry and pepper.

Offline ik8133

Watched the first episode of the new Rebus, gritty and well acted.

Offline Steve2

Certificate 15.

Enjoyed it too thanks  :drinks:

Online RandomGuy99

Why Buildings Collapse on BBC2 about why the apartment building in Miami collapsed. Very interesting

Offline mr.bluesky

Why Buildings Collapse on BBC2 about why the apartment building in Miami collapsed. Very interesting

The sort of thing you would expect in a country like India where there's probably very little in the way of building regulations or health and safety  :unknown:

Offline lostandfound

Outer Range, Series 1 & 2, Prime Video

Totally mad mix of modern Western and Sci Fi. Well acted and produced. Inventive script. No idea how it will end up, sometimes think the writers don't know either and are making it up as they go along.

I gave up on Series 1 when it came out because early on we were already into time travel, which I think is more Lo Fi than Sci Fi.

When S2 appeared I decided to try again and try harder to suspend my disbelief.

Really enjoyed it. The melodrama is played to the hilt which is hilarious and at times I was thinking I had no idea what was coming next, which is a delightful change from the bland and predictable output often seen on the Streamers.

Online RandomGuy99

The sort of thing you would expect in a country like India where there's probably very little in the way of building regulations or health and safety  :unknown:
Well it turned out to be due to lack of maintenance of the pool patio area, which collapsed into the underground garage, which caused some of the main piles that help the building up to sink which then caused a catastrophic failure of the building but they did also find that it hadn't been built to the original design including the developer had decided to stick a penthouse on the top which added weight.  There had been signs of problems with the pool area for years and they were aa plan to fix the pool area issues, but it collapsed before they started the work.

Offline ulstersubbie

Pickings (2018). The local mob tries to extort money from a female bar owner but end up wishing they hadn't. Pickings was made on a shoestring budget, but the colourful cinematography interspersed with animated sequences makes it feel like a bigger and more expensive production. Inconsistent writing and some cheesy performances are minor flaws, but director Usher Morgan's debut feature impressed me, I like a filmmaker who takes risks even if they don't always work.  B-

The Last Stop In Yuma County (2023). A rest stop in the middle of nowhere (Arizona, actually), a hostage situation and last but not least a travelling knife salesman. Director Francis Galluppi has clearly watched a lot of Tarantino films, there's even a sequence that's pure Quentin, in fact probably better and I mean that as a compliment. A mildly entertaining crime caper but very derivative, performance wise Richard Brake steals the show as one of the villains.  C

Offline Jonestown

Len Deighton double feature, free to watch in full on YouTube:-

Game, Set & Match, Thirteen 50 minute episodes with Ian Holm and the rather delicious Mel Martin

And

Spy Story movie, 98 minutes

Online WARSZAWA16

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I’ve watched the Tattooist of Auschwitz this week, a mix of harrowing and heartwarming. Ultimately it’s a love story but in places as you would expect it’s so dark and the relationship between Lali and his SS handler Baretzki is fascinating. Harvey Keitel is excellent although the accent differences between old Lali and young Lali is a bit strange.

Man’s inhumanity to man is interspersed with love stories and acts of supreme sacrifice.

8/10

Offline catweazle

Stumbled across Blindspot on Netflix.  Curious central plot ( won't mention it as it would spoil Ep 1) but watchable - stylistically reminiscent of Blacklist in that each episode  is 'self contained ' but the ongoing storyline  continues.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 07:11:27 pm by catweazle »

Offline Xtro

Stumbled across Blindspot on Netflix.  Curious central plot ( won't mention it as it would spoil Ep 1) but watchable - stylistically reminiscent of Blacklist in that each episode  is 'self contained ' but the ongoing storyline  continues.

I liked this. Jaimie Alexander is a sort.

Also, anyone fancy an old classic horror?
Tales from the Crypt (1972) | Joan Collins, Peter Cushing, Roy Dotrice, Richard Greene |Full Length

Offline ulstersubbie

Also, anyone fancy an old classic horror?
Tales from the Crypt (1972) | Joan Collins, Peter Cushing, Roy Dotrice, Richard Greene |Full Length

Very decent offering from Amicus studios, they made some cracking British horror films.

Online WDFORTE

GODZILLA X KONG 8.5/10

I enjoyed this, fun and loud and visually stunning.  Won't be everyones cup of tea, I thought it was great.  Apparantly there is another movie set a couple of years before this.
I've not seen that one, it never spoilt this one, I don't know if I missed out on a sub plot here or there? never spolit my enjoyment though.

Offline catweazle

I’ve watched the Tattooist of Auschwitz this week, a mix of harrowing and heartwarming. Ultimately it’s a love story but in places as you would expect it’s so dark and the relationship between Lali and his SS handler Baretzki is fascinating. Harvey Keitel is excellent although the accent differences between old Lali and young Lali is a bit strange.

Man’s inhumanity to man is interspersed with love stories and acts of supreme sacrifice.

8/10

Binged this over the (wet) weekend. Not an easy  watch  but very very good. Having been to Auschwitz and Birkenau 18 months ago, some of the settings were  wrong but only if youve been there

Offline Punterperson1971

GODZILLA X KONG 8.5/10

I enjoyed this, fun and loud and visually stunning.  Won't be everyones cup of tea, I thought it was great.  Apparantly there is another movie set a couple of years before this.
I've not seen that one, it never spoilt this one, I don't know if I missed out on a sub plot here or there? never spolit my enjoyment though.
King was pretty good to be fair if you like them sort of films which I do,saw Angelica the other day different type of vampire film about a group of people who kidnap a rich man’s ballerina loving daughter who isn’t what she seems,very very gory but a change from the normal vampire films (like I said earlier) and the daughter played a really good but scary part. :scare: :scare: :scare:

Offline standardpostage

Jackdaw. Average crime thriller. Netflix. 2023 movie.

Drugs / action. Set in North-East of England.

Stars Oliver Jackson-Cohen.