Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Thanks Admin  (Read 2105 times)

Offline winkywanky

...for bringing back Off-Topic in these troubled times  :thumbsup:.

Somewhere to post drivel and to argue about Covid-19...but most of all, self-isolated from the punting posts  :).

In this case it won't kill UKP, it'll just be a mild infection which will be recovered from.

Nice one.

Offline WARSZAWA16

Offline threechilliman

self-isolated from the punting posts  :).

UKP - the socially responsible forum!

Offline Xtro

Shit!

Time to make a new tin foil hat!   :D

I think I'll make it out of toilet roll instead.   :cool:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:55:46 pm by Xtro »

Offline Davey Dykes

Well done the powers that be.  :hi:

Would I be right in assuming it's only accessible to those who meet a certain criteria rather than all and sundry?

Offline 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
It is open for all members to post here.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 05:02:14 pm by 90125 »

Offline lewisjones23

fantastic news - used to be the best part of the forum  :yahoo:

Offline Davey Dykes

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I can't see it lasting too long in that case but hopefully will be proven wrong.

Offline willie loman

First bit of good news for a few days.

Offline kuck

Sweet! Thanks Admin.

I look forward to enjoying candid glimpses into the minds of the very nice people on the other ends of the political spectrum as myself.  :yahoo: :drinks: :dance:

Offline tynetunnel

Cheers boss... we could all use a little light relief right now. I mean, you’ve all heard McDonald’s are shuttering up now, right? It really is the apocalypse!

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline blackburnian

Cheers boss... we could all use a little light relief right now. I mean, you’ve all heard McDonald’s are shuttering up now, right? It really is the apocalypse!

If any other members are struggling to educate younger family members about the changes to life this current situation may well cause this article will do the trick !
Bb

Offline Charlie Chalk

+1 - Great news, thanks Admin. Hopefully everyone will behave themselves. We should be ok as long as no-one mentions Brexit - oops!

Offline Xtro

+1 - Great news, thanks Admin. Hopefully everyone will behave themselves. We should be ok as long as no-one mentions Brexit - oops!

Please keep up with things.

Brexit never happened, it's all about Megxit now.   :sarcastic:

Offline MrMatrix

Go on Admin , why the change of heart. Dont get me wrong, great idea so long as we dont have the silliness we had last time. Thanks :thumbsup:

Offline mr.bluesky

Go on Admin , why the change of heart. Dont get me wrong, great idea so long as we dont have the silliness we had last time. Thanks :thumbsup:

That's not very likely .  :dash: With very little punting going on there will be the usual fall outs, mud slinging, insults, name calling etc it's only a matter of time before it all kicks off  :D

Offline MilleMiglia

That's not very likely .  :dash: With very little punting going on there will be the usual fall outs, mud slinging, insults, name calling etc it's only a matter of time before it all kicks off  :D

When I saw that Off Topic had re-opened for business, I had a quick trawl for some footage of Ozzy Osbourne giving his customary "Let the madness begin" greeting, that he normally gives at the start of concerts. The first thing to come up was this:

External Link/Members Only

Presumably, it refers to a light version of one of the sponsors products, but rather disconcerting all the same.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:03:36 am by MilleMiglia »

Offline tesla

much better if they just shut down for good!

Offline Chorley

Joy!  :D

Queue weeks and weeks of blatant racism, bigotry, xenophobia, conspiracy theories, feuding, points scoring, general toxicity and petty bitching.

Let's go the whole hog and invite JRC, NIK and Brazilian Martian back.
 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:55:53 am by Chorley »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Queue weeks and weeks of blatant racism, bigotry, xenophobia, conspiracy theories, feuding, points scoring, general toxicity and petty bitching.

Not going to happen, I see an easy choice for Admin to make, bin off topic for good or ban those who abuse it.

Offline winkywanky

Just to be clear Davie, am I right in thinking Covid-19 threads are freely allowed here in Off Topic now?

(Obviously all the other basic site rules about posting still apply).

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Just to be clear Davie, am I right in thinking Covid-19 threads are freely allowed here in Off Topic now?

(Obviously all the other basic site rules about posting still apply).
We've got one why would we need more, I think it's more the thread we have can go off the topic of punting now. Do we really need more than one thread on the same subject.   :unknown:

Offline winkywanky

Ah, OK. Well in the interim I just put up a new one  :rolleyes:.

There will of course be various aspects to the whole Covid-19 situation which it might be nice to have separately?

But I think I can still delete it and cut & paste to put it on the end of this thread if you wish.

Offline MrMatrix

We've got one why would we need more, I think it's more the thread we have can go off the topic of punting now. Do we really need more than one thread on the same subject.   :unknown:
No we don't. Two threads is more than enough :hi:

Offline MrMatrix

You're going to love this but JRC was on line last night. So he still checks in. You seem to forget without NIK's vision, this site wouldn't exist.

Yes I have the same concerns, currently theres a spat going on another thread with LLPunting and munterhunter. You can see it brewing. I dont see the need to fallout or enter dick measuring contests. We all have a different opinions and we should accept others without getting nasty. We can agree to disagree. After all we are adults.

One of the main measures of compliance is the banning list. 18 months ago there would be a hell of a lot of bannings taking place monthly ,now there are only some 10 at most a month, except this month as there are a stack of 7 day temporay bans (they were warned not to sidetrack into CV19) .

However our moderators must remain on duty to nip in the bud, threads that are inappropriate, going off track, becoming toxic etc. I dont want to go back to the old days.
And yes thanks for giving us back off topic :hi:

Offline Chorley

You're going to love this but JRC was on line last night. So he still checks in. You seem to forget without NIK's vision, this site wouldn't exist.

Yes I have the same concerns, currently theres a spat going on another thread with LLPunting and munterhunter. You can see it brewing. I dont see the need to fallout or enter dick measuring contests. We all have a different opinions and we should accept others without getting nasty. We can agree to disagree. After all we are adults.

One of the main measures of compliance is the banning list. 18 months ago there would be a hell of a lot of bannings taking place monthly ,now there are only some 10 at most a month, except this month as there are a stack of 7 day temporay bans (they were warned not to sidetrack into CV19) .

However our moderators must remain on duty to nip in the bud, threads that are inappropriate, going off track, becoming toxic etc. I dont want to go back to the old days.
And yes thanks for giving us back off topic :hi:
Excellent!
I'm getting the popcorn ready in anticipation. :cool:
 Anyone fancy running a book on how long it'll be before the thread's locked or people get banned?  :lol:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:12:04 am by Chorley »

Offline Xtro

Excellent!
I'm getting the popcorn ready in anticipation. :cool:
 Anyone fancy running a book on how long it'll be before the thread's locked or people get banned?  :lol:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:lol:  :lol:

Every pandemic has a silver lining ay Chorley? 

Offline kuck

Ah, OK. Well in the interim I just put up a new one  :rolleyes:.

There will of course be various aspects to the whole Covid-19 situation which it might be nice to have separately?

But I think I can still delete it and cut & paste to put it on the end of this thread if you wish.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think multiple threads would be useful. For example
  • Covid-19 personal recovery stories
  • List of Covid-19 immune hookers
  • Do immigrants cause Covid-19?
  • Covid-19 where do you buy hand sanitiser

Offline Xtro

Covid-19 infections/death rates VS. The Annual Flu and what's all the fuss about? 

Offline Chorley

How about "Do Uber drivers cause Coronavirus? " Copyright JRC 2020   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Beamer

This and all the other ridiculous suggestions for additional topics are not needed. We have a thread that can handle the topic.

Offline Beamer

Covid-19 infections/death rates VS. The Annual Flu and what's all the fuss about?

You have clearly been on your other planet. In 3 or 4 months time you will regret your silly post.

Offline Doc Holliday

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 04:57:30 pm by Doc Holliday »

Offline RAJEC

• how much discount did you manage to get from your sp during this pandemic, or whatever else that cunt was saying on his thread  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

At least three of those would be useful, everyone can make their minds up as to which three.

Offline winkywanky

Yes!

The "Covid-19 is just flu with a different name" crowd would love this one!  :scare:  :D

Offline winkywanky

How about "Do Uber drivers cause Coronavirus? " Copyright JRC 2020   :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D  :thumbsup:

Offline winkywanky

You have clearly been on your other planet. In 3 or 4 months time you will regret your silly post.

I'm only guessing, but I don't think he subscribes to that view personally?

Offline cotton

Im getting the impression Beamer is a bit of a killjoy  :D

Offline winkywanky

Offline Beamer

Im getting the impression Beamer is a bit of a killjoy  :D

Not at all. Just cannot believe the stupidity of some punters. Making light of a potentially world changing event is one thing, stupid comments just make the prats who make them look even more of an idiot. But each to their own  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

I've said it before (and you're probably bored to hear me say it again) but the worse the situation, the better the gallows humour to be had  ;).

And just think of all the fun you'd have, ripping the shit out of the twats who think Covid-19 is just another flu!  :cool:

Offline cotton

I've said it before (and you're probably bored to hear me say it again) but the worse the situation, the better the gallows humour to be had  ;).

And just think of all the fun you'd have, ripping the shit out of the twats who think Covid-19 is just another flu!  :cool:
But technically isnt it just another flu ?

Offline Happylad

We`ll wait and see what it says on your Death Certificate.

Offline winkywanky

The problem is that people use the term 'flu' to downplay how serious Covid-19 is. I've seen you use the term flu when referring to it, I don't know whether that's your intention?

Without getting into the technicalities of viruses (which certainly I'd be unable to do), for the umpteenth time for those who are hard of understanding:

Flu comes every year. A few thousand are killed in the UK, mainly older people. Virtually everyone has some degree of immunity to it (by virtue of having lived on planet earth and having an immune system) and thankfully there's a vaccine which comes out every year. The vaccine normally works well. I can't remember any particular issue with the NHS being at threat of being completely overwhelmed by the flu. By the Spring, this year's flu is pretty well dying out.

Covid-19 is brand new. It's apparently more contagious than flu and no-one has immunity because no-one has been subjected to it before. It's a more devious virus than the flu because the incubation period can be longer, and people can carry it and be able to pass it on with no symptoms themselves. So it's a lot harder to control its spread. Crucially there is NO VACCINE yet, and there won't be for some time. The NHS is in grave danger of being overrun with critical cases of Covid-19. Because of that, all elective surgery has been put on hold and this may easily put 6mths on the waiting list for pretty well everything. If the NHS does get overrun, dying people will effectively have to be turned away from intensive care beds while they effectively die from asphyxiation while their bodies burn out of control. Every country in the world is shit-scared of having an uncontrollable outbreak, and even Donald Trump is firced to concede it's actually a big deal.

None of this is me being clever or a smartarse, it's on the telly every day. Perhaps you got fed up with it so you turned it off? It is a free country of course.

So please, feel free to keep calling it 'flu', because obviously doing so will a) probably prevent you from catching it, b) will prevent anyone in your family catching it, c) no-one you know will die of it and d) obviously it's no big deal as far as the NHS is concerned, so your hernia operation can go ahead, as well as getting your ingrown toenails sorted out at your local surgery. Everything is just fine, and no-one need worry unduly.

If you think sticking your fingers in your ears and going la-la-la-la-la would help too, then that's probably to be recommended as well.

Offline Xtro

Great, now I have your attention.... Let's turn this about 180 degrees.....
Let's have a global lockdown EVERY year!! 
That way, 1 billion people on the planet do not get infected by "The Flu" and we will save 100's of thousands of lives in the process.
You're welcome.  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

We`ll wait and see what it says on your Death Certificate.

I told you I was ill would seem appropriate, but Spike Milligan got there first.

How about Help, I'm alive in my coffin, Covid-19 isn't that bad?

Offline Squire Haggard

Its a lot deadlier than flu. Unlike flu, there is no vaccine, therefore its much more dangerous. If left unchecked, it could kill around 1% of the UK population. 650,000 deaths is around the same number as British miltary casualties in WW1. WW1 casualties in a few months means that its in a different league from the flu.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:00:59 pm by Squire Haggard »

Offline hillingdonpete

That's already covered under the "Do immigrants cause Covid-19?"