Author Topic: London strip joints - intel and maybe more?  (Read 291567 times)

Offline Ligan

Just went Rainbows. What a fucking joke. Girls are so pushy. Better of hitting up an SP. Literally felt like I was being misled constantly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:32:16 am by Ligan »

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,352
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Just went Rainbows. What a fucking joke. Girls are so pushy. Better of hitting up an SP. Literally felt like I was being misled constantly.

They always have been but I'm guessing the current situation has made them more so.

Offline anujok

Finally made my way to The Griffin yesterday night. The crowd was pretty good and cheering the dancers! The girls seemed to like the cheering and attention they were getting :yahoo:

Felt the atmosphere more relaxed and the girls weren't pushy for private dance. The usual £1 in jar and a dance every 10 mins.

Loved the girl named Mimi, took just one private dance @£20.. Would definitely go back just for her! 

Offline Rover78

I've always enjoyed The Griffin for atmosphere, quality of girls, value for money and the fact you can drink the beer but....... no contact with the dancers always had me going back to the Axe

Offline Global_Punter



I've always enjoyed The Griffin for atmosphere, quality of girls, value for money and the fact you can drink the beer but....... no contact with the dancers always had me going back to the Axe


I'm with you on this one! I concur 100%

Offline pantywetter

Went to The Axe earlier this week.  Was totally normal and as good as ever with the exception of the rip off prices.

Offline Splodge

One stripper told me about a strip pub outside Watford too. Anyone been? Any good?

The Griffin is an excellent strip pub. Love it. Love the Woolpack too. Any others similar ones any good? Going to go to the Griffin again soon and visit Sweet Wednesdays either side of visiting The Griffin. Some seriously sexy women there.

Offline somerandomfella

One stripper told me about a strip pub outside Watford too. Anyone been? Any good?

The Griffin is an excellent strip pub. Love it. Love the Woolpack too. Any others similar ones any good? Going to go to the Griffin again soon and visit Sweet Wednesdays either side of visiting The Griffin. Some seriously sexy women there.

Diamonds and Strings, Watford? It's not great though, found the girls a bit pushy. Maybe you mean the Prince of Wales, near Northwood? Watford only a few stops away.

Offline robzombie898

I found myself at the Griffin on Thursday this week and the place had a great vibe. Ended up getting a few dances and enjoyed a good conversation with three girls working there.

Probably the best place in London at the moment when compared in terms of VFM.

It’s a shame that nearly all if not all the true ‘lap dancing’ clubs have disappeared. Would be great if someone can shed any light on whether there is still a place left to enjoy a proper lap dancing experience in London.

As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and happy punting always.

Best,
Rob

Offline Splodge

Diamonds and Strings, Watford? It's not great though, found the girls a bit pushy. Maybe you mean the Prince of Wales, near Northwood? Watford only a few stops away.

The Prince of Wales yes. A stripper I got chatting to said she works there too and to check it out. Any good?

Offline Steely Dan

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 4,548
  • Likes: 82
  •  
  • Reviews: 154
The Prince of Wales yes. A stripper I got chatting to said she works there too and to check it out. Any good?
I read it was closed and never to reopen as a strip pub.  This street view is May 2022 and it looks closed with a scary notice on the door.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Maybe it will reopen in a few years as 'The King Charles'
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 04:07:58 pm by Steely Dan »

Offline somerandomfella

I read it was closed and never to reopen as a strip pub.  This street view is May 2022 and it looks closed with a scary notice on the door.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Maybe it will reopen in a few years as 'The King Charles'

It's definitely still open. It's about 20 mins walk away from Northwood station but well worth checking out.

Offline Juulesy

I've always enjoyed The Griffin for atmosphere, quality of girls, value for money and the fact you can drink the beer but....... no contact with the dancers always had me going back to the Axe

That is the only issue I have with it hence I end up more at Nags Head where quality of girls isn’t on par with that of Griffin.

Last autumn there was flurry of some new dancers but most left in a matter of a few short weeks. Although sadly it was the ones I had enjoyed the most. It’s been similar in the last few weeks as well. The management need to get better at retention of their better prospects.

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,352
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
That is the only issue I have with it hence I end up more at Nags Head where quality of girls isn’t on par with that of Griffin.

Last autumn there was flurry of some new dancers but most left in a matter of a few short weeks. Although sadly it was the ones I had enjoyed the most. It’s been similar in the last few weeks as well. The management need to get better at retention of their better prospects.

I've not been to the Griffin but I can confirm that the Nag's Head girls' lower prices (than Rainbow, YOA) reflects the quality.  Cheap n' cheerful.

Offline somerandomfella

I was down Ye Olde Axe earlier. Definitely feeling like the end there. And it could be. They're deciding very soon whether to close according to one of the girls.

Offline Jonnywalker

The Prince of Wales yes. A stripper I got chatting to said she works there too and to check it out. Any good?

The place is quite run down, dances take place behind a curtain, £10 with mutual contact.

Offline Buenos2006

I was down Ye Olde Axe earlier. Definitely feeling like the end there. And it could be. They're deciding very soon whether to close according to one of the girls.

I was told today by one the girls that it is closing down after Monday! Not sure who to believe but I guess we will see what happens next week…

Offline Jedi123

The prince of Wales is still open.

I read it was closed and never to reopen as a strip pub.  This street view is May 2022 and it looks closed with a scary notice on the door.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Maybe it will reopen in a few years as 'The King Charles'

Offline pantywetter

I was told today by one the girls that it is closing down after Monday! Not sure who to believe but I guess we will see what happens next week…

I actually heard July but it could be June.  I think the situation is they lost their license due to the fire incident and have some kind of appeal ongoing.

Offline londonroad

I found myself at the Griffin on Thursday this week and the place had a great vibe. Ended up getting a few dances and enjoyed a good conversation with three girls working there.

Probably the best place in London at the moment when compared in terms of VFM.

It’s a shame that nearly all if not all the true ‘lap dancing’ clubs have disappeared. Would be great if someone can shed any light on whether there is still a place left to enjoy a proper lap dancing experience in London.

As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and happy punting always.

Best,
Rob

Had an hour to kill on Tuesday afternoon so visited The Griffin for the first time since lockdowns. Same nice vibe but was very disappointed with the quality girls that were working that day. Maybe I was unlucky with going that afternoon, but none of the strippers did much for me. To be blunt the ladies had all seen better days.
On my previous visit, before Covid, every stripper had stunning figure and were in the under 30 age group.

Offline myothernameis

If Yee Olde Axe finally closes, wonder if the girls will move to working from a flat, and invites by mobile.  As for alcohol, more likely you bring your own drink.

Offline Barstoolpreacher

Heard from one of the girls today that the Axe is closed until further notice. May reopen but no idea when or if.

I know they've had issues with the licence and Covid breaches but hopefully we haven't seen the last of the old girl yet.

Offline Chesterblurtage2017

Heard from one of the girls today that the Axe is closed until further notice. May reopen but no idea when or if.

I know they've had issues with the licence and Covid breaches but hopefully we haven't seen the last of the old girl yet.


Unfortunately the Axe has now closed - I was there yesterday (05/06/22) and it was the last day. Some of the staff seem to think it might open again at some point and I know the owner was thinking of shutting it down for a while but I wouldn't count on it coming back. Personally I think it's a huge loss, the place was legendary!

Offline somerandomfella

Sad times but the reality is Ye Olde Axe stopped being a great place quite a while ago. £40 a dance was the end for me.

Offline Buenos2006


Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,352
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Sad times but the reality is Ye Olde Axe stopped being a great place quite a while ago. £40 a dance was the end for me.

A cautionary tale for other parts of the adult entertainment industry...

Offline Rover78

Any intel on if the girls are working elsewhere would be appreciated by a few of us I suspect.

As a northerner that visited the Axe every month or so when I was working in London it is disappointing but it has felt like the place has been on the verge of closing off an on for about 5 years. When I first started working in London I stumbled upon the Flying Scotsman by Kings Cross by accident, a bit of internet research I found a host of other similar establishments. It now seems like they are disappearing one by one, forced out by a combination of greedy owners and over zealous councillors. I have no doubt that the Axe walked on the line between legal and illegal activity, sometimes stomping on the line, and that always led to the risk of closure. I'll be doing a full round of those places that are left next time I get down and I hope that some of them are able to fill the void left by the Axe.

Offline apple-paul

Yep, I went past the axe last night, shut, so that does look like that is that. I'm not too sad, as it was never the same after the lockdown....most of the girls I liked never came back, and the ridiculous prices was just too much. I was in the nag's head later on that night, and saw a couple of girls I recognised from the axe...don't know names as they were not any that I would have had a dance with, but I'm sure more of them will make their way there. I can't see many other options for most of them other than the nag's head or moving on from stripping into full service.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 11:58:47 am by apple-paul »

Offline Mr Girth

If Yee Olde Axe finally closes, wonder if the girls will move to working from a flat, and invites by mobile.  As for alcohol, more likely you bring your own drink.

Ahh... Brings back fond memories of several private parties which used to follow that formula pre-pandemic. No idea if any still exist.

Private dances in the bedrooms could be pretty full on, with prices to match. Finding girls on AW now is a more straightforward and easier transaction, minus the tease and excitment of the build-up at those old parties.

Offline Momodan38

Went there last week for the last time. One of the girls contacted me beforehand to convince me to pay one last visit. I was told  Saturday was the last day. Anyway, turns out it was Monday.

I’m gonna miss YOA. It was tatty and a lot of the girls required beer goggles to be fully appreciated, but it was still good wholesome fun.

Other places just haven’t filled that void, none of them can replicate the nostalgic effect the axe had on me…. Plus I seriously question the personal hygiene of some the girls in the nags head 🤢

I might occasionally visit the Woolpack, not often due to the distance, but I may just give up strip pubs in general otherwise 😢

Offline oldrainbow

Gutted its closed even though my last 2 visits i didn't enjoy because of the constant hassle for dances the price of the dances and the awful beer! It was a great place 15 years ago when i use to live in London!

Offline Budgiesmuggler

So the Axe is now officially closed?????  :(

Offline pantywetter

I think it will be back.  It’s a London institution.  I think it’s a problem with the licensee so hopefully it comes back under new ownership.

Amazing memories being pissed up with mates and getting loads of £20 dances in the back room.  Some of the girls had great banter.  Agree that it and gone massively downhill after lockdowns. 

I wonder if we lived through a golden age of adult entertainment in London.  Soho, Strip Pubs and even the escort industry is absolutely on its arse compared to recent decades. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:48:59 pm by pantywetter »

Offline londonroad

I think it will be back.  It’s a London institution.  I think it’s a problem with the licensee so hopefully it comes back under new ownership.

Amazing memories being pissed up with mates and getting loads of £20 dances in the back room.  Some of the girls had great banter.  Agree that it and gone massively downhill after lockdowns. 

I wonder if we lived through a golden age of adult entertainment in London.  Soho, Strip Pubs and even the escort industry is absolutely on its arse compared to recent decades.

Also the original well established London Retreat in Earls Court closed a few months ago.

Offline redveee

Just went Rainbows. What a fucking joke. Girls are so pushy. Better of hitting up an SP. Literally felt like I was being misled constantly.

My last visit ro Rainbow Bar opposite Tesco last all of 2 minutes and 5 mouthfuls of coke. walked in and was letting my eyes get used to the darker atmosphere from the sun outside and was immediately approached by a girl asking if I wanted a PD, told her I'd literally walked in the place and was going to get a drink and get used to the darkness. I got a drink and she was still pushing hard for a PD, I was trying to remain polite and was sipping my drink but she was still trying hard so I gave her my drink and simply walked out.

Offline MrMatrix

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 8,091
  • Likes: 42
  •  
  • Reviews: 124
My last visit ro Rainbow Bar opposite Tesco last all of 2 minutes and 5 mouthfuls of coke. walked in and was letting my eyes get used to the darker atmosphere from the sun outside and was immediately approached by a girl asking if I wanted a PD, told her I'd literally walked in the place and was going to get a drink and get used to the darkness. I got a drink and she was still pushing hard for a PD, I was trying to remain polite and was sipping my drink but she was still trying hard so I gave her my drink and simply walked out.
Smart move. Bet she had no answer for that. :hi:

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,352
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
My last visit ro Rainbow Bar opposite Tesco last all of 2 minutes and 5 mouthfuls of coke. walked in and was letting my eyes get used to the darker atmosphere from the sun outside and was immediately approached by a girl asking if I wanted a PD, told her I'd literally walked in the place and was going to get a drink and get used to the darkness. I got a drink and she was still pushing hard for a PD, I was trying to remain polite and was sipping my drink but she was still trying hard so I gave her my drink and simply walked out.

That's par for the course in there.  Wait until some wide-hipped Brasileira slips their hand into your pants and insists on one.

Offline semmlerino

Now that the axe has closed, sadly - or perhaps it's for the best as it sounds like it was more of a mercy kill - is there another comparable strip club where you have as much of a hands on experience?

Offline Skyjuice1000

Blame fools wanking off to only fans and the like

Offline MrMatrix

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 8,091
  • Likes: 42
  •  
  • Reviews: 124
Back in London so paid a trip to Ye Olde Axe again last night. Very quiet in there. About 10/11 girls. All dressed very sexily in lingerie.
One girl - Rebecca - came up to and in a very hands on way chatted to me whilst trying to encourage me into a dance. But at £60 a go not a hope.
There was one absolutely stunning looking dancer - brunette - there but she was giving all her attention to a guy who was well on with the drink - so probably more open to her charms and open to paying for the dances.
I stayed for two drinks. Enjoyed watching the lovely ladies and went away happy.
I will try Nags Head next night I’m out.
I think the closure may have as much to do with the increase in prices to £60 and £80 a go. I mean youre half way to a proper punt. I think this would reduce the footfall and it just wasnt getting the business like 3 years ago when it was £20- £40 a go.. :hi:

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,352
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
I think the closure may have as much to do with the increase in prices to £60 and £80 a go. I mean youre half way to a proper punt. I think this would reduce the footfall and it just wasnt getting the business like 3 years ago when it was £20- £40 a go.. :hi:

That's the worst thing, it all happened in slow motion - the prices were jacking up and people on here vowing to never return etc.

The Tesco ATM was handy though.

Offline blackmt

Just messaged one of the dancers who told me it will be open from 1pm today and tomorrow, but likely closed during the week

I am out tonight, but if I manage to sneak off I will go for a little field trip and report my findings on the morrow

Yes the place has got way too expensive, but the things you can get away with in there means it's not matched by any of the other local spots - I'll be devastated if it goes!
Banned reason: No response to comment about no Reviews for 2 years.
Banned by: 90125

Offline TheDarkPaladin0

Also the original well established London Retreat in Earls Court closed a few months ago.

Never knew there was a spot in Earls Court. Used to live there years back and trekking to Browns and YOA was a pain

Offline Splodge

Any more hidden strip pubs or strip pubs?

Offline woodyuk

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 8
  • Likes: 0
  •  
  • Reviews: 0
odd question - but do you go alone or with mates ?  wanted to check out axe, griffin etc - in the old days tried going to spearmint rhino alone but was a bit odd.  wondering if a pub style is better :)

whats it like around 6pm after work - busy or too quiet ?
Banned reason: No reviews in 7 years
Banned by: 90125

Offline londonroad

odd question - but do you go alone or with mates ?  wanted to check out axe, griffin etc - in the old days tried going to spearmint rhino alone but was a bit odd.  wondering if a pub style is better :)

whats it like around 6pm after work - busy or too quiet ?

I have been in the Griffin pre Covid around that time and it had about 20 guys in the place and good atmosphere. Since Covid been in the Griffin once at around 3pm and only about six guys in the place - sadly the strippers seemed to all be over the 30 and were carrying too much timber.

Offline myothernameis

odd question - but do you go alone or with mates ?  wanted to check out axe,

Possibly if going to the Axe, go there by your self, unless you really trust your mates.  As the type of dances you get at the axe, and very hands on, and dont know if your married, and they spill what you got up to  :D

Online sparkus

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 13,352
  • Likes: 180
  •  
  • Reviews: 144
Possibly if going to the Axe, go there by your self, unless you really trust your mates.  As the type of dances you get at the axe, and very hands on, and dont know if your married, and they spill what you got up to  :D

I've been to the Rainbow with mates and even colleagues.  All well up for it.
Agreed, I wouldn't lick some dry EE fanny in front of colleagues so the Axe could only ever be solo.

Offline Steveraynor

So are there any other strip joints that allow contact as we normally go to Hayes and you have to sit on your hands

Offline pantywetter

Possibly if going to the Axe, go there by your self, unless you really trust your mates.  As the type of dances you get at the axe, and very hands on, and dont know if your married, and they spill what you got up to  :D

Surprised by this.  I wouldn’t tell a soul about punting, but have to been to Ye Olde with mates, work colleagues, salespeople etc.  Its not a big escalation from a pub.  It’s quite handsy but never seems to progress some full sex, oral etc