Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: My first GUM clinic checkup and Hepatitis Vaccines  (Read 1349 times)

Offline JayEZ2K

As advised on this forum, I had my first GUM clinic checkup at my 3 month punting mark (a while back). It was difficult to find and schedule an appointment at a free clinic, but I eventually managed to do so. The appointment slots are gone within minutes, so I had to call several days in a row at an exact time until I was lucky enough to get an appointment in the following days. This was ok for me, but could be quite bad if an appointment was needed for emergency symptoms, so I recommend sorting out your GUM clinic ahead of time in the event that you need one in an emergency situation. As for the appointment itself, I used a fake name and my punting contact (phone and email). I answered health questions and they gave me a urine test (from reading I knew to not urinate for 2+ hours prior to testing), and I also had my blood drawn for testing. A couple weeks later they texted with a message that everything was normal. (All clean after being with 50+ girls, albeit with reasonable safety precautions.) While at the GUM clinic I also asked about getting the Hepatitis vaccines as a preventive measure.

I was told that the Hepatitis A vaccine was only given to those at the highest risk; men who sleep with men, and that specifically rim each other. In other words, the high risk category for getting Hepatitis A was specifically rimming gay men (or transgender girls). But I think there is also a risk with rimming straight women, and maybe more so WGs. I have done this a couple of times so maybe I should get the Hep A vaccine? The other risk is food borne in certain countries like India or Thailand, but the clinic doesn't provide the vaccine for travel purposes. The vaccine itself requires two shots spaced out 6 months apart.

In contrast, punting was a general risk of Hepatitis B, so the Hep B vaccine was available. This requires three shots; shot#1, shot #2 after one month, and shot#3 after 6 months. For either risk category a blood test is done to determine if naturally immunity to the Hep A and/or Hep B viruses exists. My blood was drawn to test for Hep B immunity, and I was given the first Hep B vaccine immediately after. They said if I was immune I would not need the following shots.

So that was my first visit to a GUM clinic, which I thought I would share in case it might be useful to others.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:17:49 pm by JayEZ2K »

Offline Bangers and Gash

Surely it would of been better to get the jabs before you started punting?  :hi:

Offline norwichfunseeker

Sounds like my first visit too,  although my area has a sit and wait clinic which worked well.

Subsequent tests I've done via their postal service, and all is good. Avoids having to go to clinic and can do in own time etc.
Results texted from same clinic in the same way.

Offline Apu

Should a person be punting if they are this cautious?

Yearly fine, If your gay OK, if unprotected of course. Normal punter? Annually no?
Banned reason: Undesirable perverted fantasist
Banned by: daviemac

Offline EnglishRebecca121

• Banned
  • Service Provider

Yearly fine, If your gay OK, if unprotected of course. Normal punter? Annually no?

you can never be to clean  . guess it depends hpow often u punt too
Banned reason: Ex sex worker with zero useful contribution to make
Banned by: Head1

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Just my opinion but anyone who punts regularly and doesn't have regular check-ups is an idiot, even when you actively avoid known barebackers you never know. For what it takes to look after your health why not do it.   :unknown:

It's cavalier attitudes like that which help the spread of things like the 'super gonorrhoea'. 

Offline DrConners

You can never be too clean. I guess it depends how often you punt as well.

I think this is what you meant to say ? Those meds must be awesome  :rolleyes:

Offline Doombar

I go for checks every 3 mths, but WGs should go every 2 weeks due to the volume they see and hence propensity to spread anything they catch. 

WGs should always tell the GUM clinic they are sex workers as they then give them more thorough tests eg. swabs in all holes on top of urine and bloods.

I had Hep A as part of standard travel vacs many years ago.  I had Hep B after I started punting and read about STIs on the NHS website. I had to pay £100 privately at the pharmacy.  Good that your GUM clinic offered that for free - mine would only offer it free to WGs.  There is no vaccine for Hep C - and its just as serious as the others - so think carefully about rimming WGs!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:58:57 pm by Doombar »

Offline JayEZ2K

Surely it would of been better to get the jabs before you started punting?  :hi:
I think you are correct. Although for me I didn't know if punting would be a one off or a short-term phase. So I got the jabs at the 3 month mark which isn't too late, but also not the safest as you point out.

Sounds like my first visit too,  although my area has a sit and wait clinic which worked well.
Thanks, I might need to find an alternate clinic with faster appointments. Possibly a "sit and wait clinic" as you mention, so that I know where to go just in case there was an emergency.

The better question is "Should a person be this cautious if they are punting?" I think that all punters should be cautious. As to the exact frequency of checkups, I went with the 3 month checkup because it seemed to be the most common advice I found on this forum. And since I punted quite a lot, maybe 30-40 girls in that time, it seems reasonable (as EnglishRebecca121 pointed out). Maybe low frequency punters can do with 6 month or yearly checkups, but then again, they could carry an unknown STI for nearly a year in that case.

Offline thumbspot

Another +1 for a sit and wait clinic. Turn up just before opening time and you’ll be first in. Otherwise you face sitting with randoms all wondering why the others are there.

I believe you get priority appointments if you test positive, but never have (touch wood) so don’t know.

Some folk rave about the test at home kits, but they are costly while GUM is free. You are right to use your punting name/Phone/email. They all know, and they don’t care.

Offline EnglishRebecca121

• Banned
  • Service Provider
I think this is what you meant to say ? Those meds must be awesome  :rolleyes:

Bloody auto spell on phone
Banned reason: Ex sex worker with zero useful contribution to make
Banned by: Head1

Offline norwichfunseeker

Some folk rave about the test at home kits, but they are costly while GUM is free.

I get my home kits from the same website as the gum clinic, totally free.

External Link/Members Only

Offline cash2spare

I get my home kits from the same website as the gum clinic, totally free.

External Link/Members Only

That site only applies to the area of the country where the country bumpkins are shagging their sisters who have 6 fingers.

Offline jsparky

That site only applies to the area of the country where the country bumpkins are shagging their sisters who have 6 fingers.

Noted!

Introducing iCaSH Express Test - Bedfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk residents only!

:lol: :D :lol: