Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: New feature to help with moderation  (Read 1835 times)

OldAdmin

This is for the 100+ members who have the current "helper" facilities (of moving threads or indexing reviews on my behalf, etc.).

As a trial I've expanded the post report page to include options of hiding the post / thread you are reporting (or even freeze the account that made the post).

To help with transparency, a note will be appended to your post report mentioning that you took these actions (if any), so both myself and the other members can see you did it (currently 1,910 members have access to the Post Reports section).

Remember these are temporary measures against the post you are reporting, the final decision of post deletion or account banning is left to me when I return online.

I've added section below the form to explain when it should and shouldn't be used (copy below):

Use the new options (of hiding a post / thread or freezing account) sparingly and only for urgent reasons. Examples: a post or topic you are certain Admin will instant delete when coming back online, such as promoting a banned site / forum, or linking to a troll page on another site or post with illegal content. Freeze their account if you are confident they will go on to post more if their account is not stopped. If someone is being abusive or threatening, simply freeze their account but not hide the post. If someone has created a thread attacking UKP or Admin or shitstirring against the site, then both freeze and hide their post as to not give them any publicity they desperately want. Using the feature of hiding a post because you suspect it to be touting or fake review is not valid reason, simply just report the touting post and leave any post deletion or banning decision to Admin. If you are confident of your reasons then use these new features, if you get it wrong then it is not a big problem as it can be undone by Admin, although it goes without saying, any intentional abuse of the facility will mean it will be removed from your account.

Hidden Image/Members Only

I will be extending the number of "helpers" from the current 100+ members to around 150. If anyone is eager to help then PM me and I will add the facilities to your account.

This new feature should fix the problem of UKP having no moderators except me and the obvious vulnerability when I am offline  :scare: Which has been the case for nearly 2 years until now :bomb:

Offline Sinz

Offline Blackpool Rock

Great addition Admin  :thumbsup:
Yes agreed, I know this type of idea was previously mooted by a couple of people and while Admin still has to deal with all the posts etc at least it helps to temporarily stop the trolls.
As with the indexing etc i'm sure all those with access will be happy to help  :thumbsup:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Yes agreed, I know this type of idea was previously mooted by a couple of people and while Admin still has to deal with all the posts etc at least it helps to temporarily stop the trolls.
As with the indexing etc i'm sure all those with access will be happy to help  :thumbsup:

+ 1   :thumbsup:

mrhappypants

Thanks Admin, the guidance is helpful. 

I understand that this is about protecting UKP from overt promotion of other banned sites or direct attacks on UKP.  Run of the mill touting gets dealt with same as ever.  Sounds to me like the use of the new facilities will be extraordinary and blindingly obvious when required.

vw

good feature, will be good protecting anyone from malicious outing.   :hi: :hi:

vw

Offline t0mm13

James999

This is for the 100+ members who have the current "helper" facilities (of moving threads or indexing reviews on my behalf, etc.).

As a trial I've expanded the post report page to include options of hiding the post / thread you are reporting (or even freeze the account that made the post).

To help with transparency, a note will be appended to your post report mentioning that you took these actions (if any), so both myself and the other members can see you did it (currently 1,910 members have access to the Post Reports section).

Remember these are temporary measures against the post you are reporting, the final decision of post deletion or account banning is left to me when I return online.

I've added section below the form to explain when it should and shouldn't be used (copy below):

Hidden Image/Members Only

I will be extending the number of "helpers" from the current 100+ members to around 150. If anyone is eager to help then PM me and I will add the facilities to your account.

This new feature should fix the problem of UKP having no moderators except me and the obvious vulnerability when I am offline  :scare: Which has been the case for nearly 2 years until now :bomb:

Wise minds think alike  :hi:

Online dubs

A very worthwhile feature to protect the forum.  Admin can't be expected to be watching the post reports 24/7  :thumbsup:

Offline BP96

Hope this makes your life a little bit easier.

Offline Bogof60

Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline MrMatrix

Good addition.  :thumbsup:

You thinking of taking a holiday then Admin?   :hi:

Offline Mansell

Good addition.  :thumbsup:

Yep, sensible to be able to deal with the idiots and chancers quickly.

Holiday, at least he will be able to  ;) ;)

OldAdmin

Yes this feature would be handy when I'm travelling ;)

I have a few more new features in the pipeline to help push more moderation work on to you chaps  :cool:

Offline Sinz

Yes this feature would be handy when I'm travelling ;)

I have a few more new features in the pipeline to help push more moderation work on to you chaps  :cool:

We would be happy to help  :thumbsup:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24