Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Topless barmaids - Do they still exist?  (Read 4683 times)

Yanusmc

Was just dropping my brother off and passed a pub that used to do topless barmaids (nothing more before it goes down that route), this is probably about 2000 and a few other places did it.  Anyone know of anywhere in greater Manchester that still does it?

Offline fr0zen2

Didn't realise this was ever a thing! Maybe I'm too young  :crazy:

Offline scutty brown

last topless barstaff I can remember seeing in this country was in Havey's club in Morecambe in the late 1980's............beach party night, male and female topless staff, and the infamous Scots Marnie took exception to one lad for being a bit effeminate and ripped the rings out of his nipples. Blood everywhere, including the beer. Never saw another  topless night there

Yanusmc

Yeah, i moved away from the area in 2000 and there were a few pubs that did it and were always very busy off the back of it too

Offline Blackpool Rock

Rumours in Blackpool use to be topless, not sure when it stopped but probably about 8-10 years ago

bricky daz

years ago..on a job in london...a rough pub in hackney,we had a liquid lunch
topless barmaids were dog rough..pub full of shifty looking geezers..we supped up and did one
never seen topless barmaids since...put me off my stout tbh  :cool:

Offline scutty brown

years ago..on a job in london...a rough pub in hackney,we had a liquid lunch
topless barmaids were dog rough..pub full of shifty looking geezers..we supped up and did one
never seen topless barmaids since...put me off my stout tbh  :cool:

not Milk Stout then?

Offline hungrypunt

There were a couple of places in St Helens still doing it till about 2001, we used to pop over there, yellow Rose was one and I think the Rifle was another. Couldnt help feeling like a letch, but after a bit it became more normal, that in effect probably killed the concept in itself, the excitement went from it, AND most the girls were like witches tits.

Topless barbers came next  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 11:52:11 pm by hungrypunt »

Offline scutty brown

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 12:12:02 am by scutty brown »

Online george r

never saw one myself but a few places did have a stripper on at dinner times..one place on oxford road Manchester had them a good 35 years ago .

standoff

never saw one myself but a few places did have a stripper on at dinner times..one place on oxford road Manchester had them a good 35 years ago .

Tommy Ducks pub  in Manchester had topless bar maids on Sundays about 40 years ago.Anyone remember this place?

bricky daz

bricky daz

Tommy Ducks pub  in Manchester had topless bar maids on Sundays about 40 years ago.Anyone remember this place?
yes..knickers pinned on the ceiling..early 90`s i think.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Didn't realise this was ever a thing! Maybe I'm too young  :crazy:

Pubs used to have quite restricted opening times until late 80s when "all day drinking" became allowed. But, it took a while for afternoon drinking to really take off so pubs needed to entice customers in so strippers and/or topless bar maids really took off for a few years. They'd been around before then of course but only really rough seedy bars had them. Come the early 90s it was like every other pub had some bare tits on show at some point in the week.
It was very un-erotic though and the novelty wore off after just a couple of years - reckon about 1992 was last time I saw a pub stripper. It went back to just being a niche thing in a few back street dives again then.

Offline scutty brown

guiness and milk...old soldiers swear by it :hi:

I was thinking more on the lines of Makeson stout

bricky daz

I was thinking more on the lines of Makeson stout
yeah makesons will do aswell...im no stout snob  :rolleyes:

Offline HarryZZ

About 1980 I went to Amsterdam for the first time with a mate, in the RLD about half the bars were topless, quite a surreal experience, after we'd been in a couple of minutes we just sat and chatted, the fact that the barmaids were topless didn't make much difference after you got used to it.

goldwing1

The brewery wanted to demolish it because they had a good offer for the land by some developers.
The council managed to get a temporary preservation order , but forgot to renew it, so within a couple of hours of it running out, the brewery sent in the bulldozers.

Online Danmanchester

• Ban Countdown
  • Reviews: 6
Bike n Hound in Hyde do it on Thursdays I believe

standoff

The brewery wanted to demolish it because they had a good offer for the land by some developers.
The council managed to get a temporary preservation order , but forgot to renew it, so within a couple of hours of it running out, the brewery sent in the bulldozers.

Yes I remember drinking in Tommy Ducks on a Saturday evening .It was knocked down the day after with no warning .A great  theatratical Manchester pub that had a long history

Yanusmc

This has gone down  the memory lane route which doesn't help. Any in the last 12 months. Apparantly tjeres one in Hyde which has girls from AW topless behind the bar on Thursdays

VOLPONE

This has gone down  the memory lane route which doesn't help. Any in the last 12 months. Apparantly tjeres one in Hyde which has girls from AW topless behind the bar on Thursdays

The post two above yours has named it....

Offline scutty brown

come on, give us the name! You can't leave us in suspense

Offline knickersorf

come on, give us the name! You can't leave us in suspense
I think someone has already mentioned it but Bike n Hound in Hyde on a Thursday is a good night out   ;)
External Link/Members Only

Offline scutty brown

I think someone has already mentioned it but Bike n Hound in Hyde on a Thursday is a good night out   ;)

Doh! Couldn't see it for looking.......

Offline hungrypunt

Bike N Hound looks like a decent gaff for the boys AND girls

Offline Kingy28

I'd have thought that lap dancing clubs hastened the demise of topless bars

Yanusmc

Bike N Hound looks like a decent gaff for the boys AND girls

That's the one I heard about. There must be a few more

Offline dave23

Pubs used to have quite restricted opening times until late 80s when "all day drinking" became allowed. But, it took a while for afternoon drinking to really take off so pubs needed to entice customers in so strippers and/or topless bar maids really took off for a few years. They'd been around before then of course but only really rough seedy bars had them. Come the early 90s it was like every other pub had some bare tits on show at some point in the week.
It was very un-erotic though and the novelty wore off after just a couple of years - reckon about 1992 was last time I saw a pub stripper. It went back to just being a niche thing in a few back street dives again then.

You are right about the date, I saw a lot of pub strippers round 1993 when I was 18, but not many a year or two later. But I didn't think they were un-erotic, the average pub strip show was incredibly lewd - we are talking disappearing ties/stockings, vibrators, dildos, cigars being smoked (but not with the mouth), fingerings, nipples being sucked and punters having their pants removed by strippers -- plus rumours of even dodgier goings on at 'private  shows.'

Offline fbarge

Doh! Couldn't see it for looking.......

the bird behind the bar is on fab and fucks

Yanusmc

You are right about the date, I saw a lot of pub strippers round 1993 when I was 18, but not many a year or two later. But I didn't think they were un-erotic, the average pub strip show was incredibly lewd - we are talking disappearing ties/stockings, vibrators, dildos, cigars being smoked (but not with the mouth), fingerings, nipples being sucked and punters having their pants removed by strippers -- plus rumours of even dodgier goings on at 'private  shows.'

Sweet, but anything that actually exists now?  That's the thread title

Treehouse

Offline Blackpool Rock

Whats Fab and Fucks ?
I think it means she is on Fab Swingers and will fuck

Offline Beamer

Whats Fab and Fucks ?

A decent wg or a tried and tested FBSM girl ?  :hi:

Offline howrude

I did see a number of pub strippers in the past. And I agree with how lewd they could get. Much prefer them to today's lapdancing.

Online george r

I did see a number of pub strippers in the past. And I agree with how lewd they could get. Much prefer them to today's lapdancing.

it was worth chucking a pound coin or two into a beer glass in those days .

Offline Blackpool Rock

A group of us went to see some strippers about 20 years back in what was advertised as a "Gentleman's evening" but they hadn't advertised it very well and hardly any bugger turned up so they cancelled but gave you a ticket for free entry and a pint the following week.
Went back and the place was busy so the show went on and the birds were well dirty, even the club owner said they put on a special show due to cancelling the week before.
They did drag guys up on stage and basically had sex with a couple of them during the course of the evening then put on a girl girl show, fond memories of that night  :music:

Yanusmc

The topic is about the present!