Author Topic: What music track reminds you of the Joys of punting?  (Read 28218 times)

Online tesla

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,080
  • Likes: 4
  •  
  • Reviews: 30
bets punting track form Steely Dan would be "Do it again"

External Link/Members Only


Offline Happylad

External Link/Members Only

That would be even harder to keep up with than The Valkyries - your balls would drop off in the attempt!

Offline winkywanky

bets punting track form Steely Dan would be "Do it again"

External Link/Members Only


Then you love a little wild one, and she brings you only sorrow.

How true that is!  :D

Offline Kool Keef

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,863
  • Likes: 65
  •  
  • Reviews: 198
bets punting track form Steely Dan would be "Do it again"

External Link/Members Only

Or 'Hey Nineteen' for the middle aged  punters who like the younger WGs but struggle to find any common interests with them

Offline bedhedred

On a more sombre note, these Dan lyrics also remind me of WGs

"I guess only women in cages can stand
This kind of night
I guess only women in cages
Can play down
The things they lose"

External Link/Members Only

Offline bedhedred


External Link/Members Only

"Street life, you can run away from time
Street life, for a nickel, for a dime
Street life, but you better not get old
Street life, or you're gonna feel the cold
There's always love for sale
A grown up fairy tale
Prince charming always smiles
Behind a silver spoon
And if you keep it young
Your song is always sung
Your love will pay your way
Beneath the silver moon"

Offline Kool Keef

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,863
  • Likes: 65
  •  
  • Reviews: 198
On a more sombre note, these Dan lyrics also remind me of WGs

"I guess only women in cages can stand
This kind of night
I guess only women in cages
Can play down
The things they lose"

External Link/Members Only

Wonder if Donald &/or  Walter liked a punt?
Their lyrics suggest maybe they did  :unknown:

Offline Happylad

Wonder if Donald &/or  Walter liked a punt?
Their lyrics suggest maybe they did  :unknown:

But that wouldn`t be a proper punt, they`d just be courteously obliging a female fan.

Offline Kool Keef

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,863
  • Likes: 65
  •  
  • Reviews: 198
But that wouldn`t be a proper punt, they`d just be courteously obliging a female fan.

No i don't mean groupies, they weren't always successful musicians, maybe in their pre success days they indulged?  :unknown:

Offline bedhedred

Wonder if Donald &/or  Walter liked a punt?
Their lyrics suggest maybe they did  :unknown:


I googled it: no direct claims that SD liked to punt.

But, of "Josie" they said this:

"The song’s subject is the neighbourhood party girl (or whore?) who can never say no, and the boys are rejoicing her return."

External Link/Members Only

And again:
"Many people considered My Old School to be the best song on Countdown To Ecstasy, and it soon appeared on 45, backed by a bittersweet tale about a New Orleans whore, Pearl of the Quarter."

External Link/Members Only

Offline bedhedred

[quote author=winkywanky

Oops, this is the problem when you haven't got the album out and actually played it for years, instead you use some 'digital medium' where you lose touch a little with the albumness  :rolleyes: :blush:.

[/quote]

Talking about the albumness. I recall this response to one of my reviews....

Mystery Achievement!  :D

I went back to the album. Not listened to it in decades... This song is brilliant, with some fairly relevant lyrics

External Link/Members Only




Offline Kool Keef

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,863
  • Likes: 65
  •  
  • Reviews: 198
I went back to the album. Not listened to it in decades... This song is brilliant, with some fairly relevant lyrics

External Link/Members Only

The Grace Jones version of Private Life is fantastic as is the album it's on, 'Nightclubbing'
Pull Up To My Bumper could be relevant for certain sexual postions.

Offline bedhedred

Quote from: Kool Keef
Pull Up To My Bumper could be relevant for certain sexual postions.
[/quote

Great song! More upbeat than Private Life.

I can imagine a WG saying to me:
"You asked me for advice I said use the door
But you're still clinging to somebody you deplore"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 10:58:04 pm by bedhedred »

Offline sadolddeejay


Are they called Deely Stan or something?

Close - they are called Steely Scam.

Offline GreyDave

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,345
  • Likes: 87
  •  
  • Reviews: 113
 :hi:  When I started punting the wireless as we then called the box that made a noise in background,  played chirpy songs you could get a rythm to this was one that I really enjoyed pumping in and pulling out to  :hi: :hi:   Run Rabbit Run Rabbit Run Run Run Run Rabbit Run Rabbit Run Run Run Run Bang Bang

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:56:47 am by GreyDave »

Offline winkywanky


Offline winkywanky

:hi:  When I started punting the wireless as we then called the box that made a noise in background,  played chirpy songs you could get a rythm to this was one that I really enjoyed pumping in and pulling out to  :hi: :hi:   Run Rabbit Run Rabbit Run Run Run Run Rabbit Run Rabbit Run Run Run Run Bang Bang

External Link/Members Only


I think you mean Steam Radio.

Flanagan & Allen? How fucking old are you?!  :scare:

Offline Happylad


I think you mean Steam Radio.

Flanagan & Allen? How fucking old are you?!  :scare:

It wasn`t steam radio, it was direct current electric, and I had to take the accumulator along to the village garage every Saturday morning to have it charged for the week because our village was on alternating current.

Very popular song then - a rabbit pie was a very acceptable addition to the wartime meat ration (about 2 oz per week each) and most of the boys in the village (including me) spent a lot of time setting rabbit traps in the local wood (not awfully successfully, I must admit)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:48:27 pm by Happylad »

Offline winkywanky

It wasn`t steam radio, it was direct current electric, and I had to take the accumulator along to the village garage every Saturday morning to have it charged for the week because our village was on alternating current.

Very popular song then - a rabbit pie was a very acceptable addition to the wartime meat ration (about 2 oz per week each) and most of the boys in the village (including me) spent a lot of time setting rabbit traps in the local wood (not awfully successfully, I must admit)


I should think all villages were on AC, I don't think there's ever been a DC mains supply (although I don't go as far back as Victorian times)?

Were you originally from the village though, or were you evaporated during the war?  :D

I salute your vintage though sir  :hi:.

Offline Home Alone


I think you mean Steam Radio.

Flanagan & Allen? How fucking old are you?!  :scare:

A tad intemperate, surely, ww?

I'm sure Happylad's already told us in other threads that he's 89.
At my young age - by comparison - I can remember listening to Flanagan & Allen on the Light Programme in the 1950s.

Offline muffdiver1959

Surprised that no-one has mentioned Lola by the Kinks for a punt where they got more than they bargained for

External Link/Members Only

Offline Happylad


I should think all villages were on AC, I don't think there's ever been a DC mains supply (although I don't go as far back as Victorian times)?

Were you originally from the village though, or were you evaporated during the war?  :D

I salute your vintage though sir  :hi:.
I would probably have been evaporated if the bomb the Luftwaffe dropped on my home had been incendiary, but as it was High Explosive I was simply blown up (along with the house and everyone in it) so what was left of my family moved from a DC Electricity Supply area (of which there were quite a few in  the 1930s and until after WW2) to an AC one 20 miles away. When my father was given a new (second hand) radio by one of our former neighbours he didn`t appreciate the difference.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:06:45 pm by Happylad »

Offline winkywanky

A tad intemperate, surely, ww?

I'm sure Happylad's already told us in other threads that he's 89.
At my young age - by comparison - I can remember listening to Flanagan & Allen on the Light Programme in the 1950s.

T'was meant in jest. I'd hoped that was understood  ;)

I can remember Flanagan & Allen (and Flanders & Swann) from telly in the 60s when I was a nipper  :cool:.

Offline winkywanky

Surprised that no-one has mentioned Lola by the Kinks for a punt where they got more than they bargained for

External Link/Members Only

Indeed, and I, of all people  :D.

Offline Cute Little Kerry

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Service Provider
  • Posts: 2
  • Likes: 0
  •  
Ok so I’m a pt wg. Was retired,made a little stint coming back and I’m gone again  :unknown:

Anyway just had to say that I have to agree with adons’ post-I luuurve ginuwines pony track and with Channing Tatum doing those moves  :P that combination is enough to drive this lady wild  :wacko:

Offline Fat Bob

'Damage Goods' Gang of Four, 1978

The change will do you good
I always knew it would
Sometimes I'm thinking that I love you
But I know it's only lust

Your kiss so sweet
Your sweat so sour

Your kiss so sweet
Your sweat so sour
Sometimes I'm thinking that I love you
But I know it's only lust

The sins of the flesh
Are simply sins of lust
Sweats running down your back
Sweats running down your neck...

External Link/Members Only

Offline winkywanky

Ah, the industrial, angular guitar of Andy Gill.

Cuts through solid steel like a hot knife through butter.

Bloody Bradford University types  :D (Was that where they went/all met?)

Offline Fat Bob

Ah, the industrial, angular guitar of Andy Gill.

Cuts through solid steel like a hot knife through butter.

Bloody Bradford University types  :D (Was that where they went/all met?)

 :drinks: I've no idea WW; you seem to know your retro music, ...I just know this song strikes a chord for me, if you can pardon the intended pun.

Perhaps one day I'll get round to a bit of role play with 'I love a man in a uniform' playing on my burner phone, that later song from the early 80s was sooo mean't for raunchy sub/dom do you not think; "Time with my girl I spent it well, I had to be strong for my woman"..."I need an order shoot, shoot".

Offline winkywanky

In punting, the usual rules apply: Whatever turns you on  ;).

Offline bedhedred

'Damage Goods' Gang of Four, 1978

The change will do you good
I always knew it would
Sometimes I'm thinking that I love you
But I know it's only lust

Your kiss so sweet
Your sweat so sour

Your kiss so sweet
Your sweat so sour
Sometimes I'm thinking that I love you
But I know it's only lust

The sins of the flesh
Are simply sins of lust
Sweats running down your back
Sweats running down your neck...

External Link/Members Only

Great song!

Offline Kool Keef

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,863
  • Likes: 65
  •  
  • Reviews: 198
Ah, the industrial, angular guitar of Andy Gill.

Cuts through solid steel like a hot knife through butter.

Bloody Bradford University types  :D (Was that where they went/all met?)
Leeds uni I think

Offline Kool Keef

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 5,863
  • Likes: 65
  •  
  • Reviews: 198
Lady Marmalade by Labelle (original & best version ) is all about the joys to be had with WGs

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,632
  • Likes: 69
  •  
  • Reviews: 47
Ok so I’m a pt wg. Was retired,made a little stint coming back and I’m gone again  :unknown:

Anyway just had to say that I have to agree with adons’ post-I luuurve ginuwines pony track and with Channing Tatum doing those moves  :P that combination is enough to drive this lady wild  :wacko:

Thats it!, perhaps the girls ough to specify what toon's turn 'em on;')..

Offline Finbar1

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Banned
  • Posts: 47
  • Likes: 0
  •  
  • Reviews: 0
Any thing dolly Parton

Number 1   coat of many coulers

ABBA too
Banned reason: Troll
Banned by: daviemac

Offline sadolddeejay

The Son of Hickory Holler's Tramp (O.C Smith version)

"Oh the path was deep and wide from footsteps leading to our cabin,
Above the door there burned a scarlet lamp.
And late at night a hand would knock
And there would stand a stranger.
I'm the son of Hickory Holler's tramp."

More amusingly, I heard the nursery rhyme "Have you seen the muffin man" today.


Offline Colston36

Get down on it ... External Link/Members Only
Baby got back External Link/Members Only

And I forgot one many here can relate to:

The Rising Cost of Love, Millie Jackson ... the sexiest singer I ever saw. The song was ripped off by Elkie Brooks.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Colston36

Lady Marmalade by Labelle (original & best version ) is all about the joys to be had with WGs

And what an amazing singer!

Offline winkywanky

Hey Joe, you wanna give it a go? 

Offline MrMohican

I am amazed this tune hasnt been mentioned so far. Possibly one of the most explicitly sexual songs ever

Khia - my neck my back

External Link/Members Only

As if this werent sexual enough I have the pleasant memories of seeing a pole dancer sliding up and down a greasy pole in time to this tune at the white horse strip pub (now sadly turned into a hipster cocktail bar/ restaurant). That was a great pub while it lasted.



Offline simon07

Ok guys some festive fun:

External Link/Members Only

This track is probably not played at Tesco's etc.
I've got some presents for Santa - by Bill Mumy and Sarah Taylor  :cool:

Offline sadolddeejay

Bill Mumy! Aka William Mumy - "Danger Will Robinson! Alien approaching!"

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,632
  • Likes: 69
  •  
  • Reviews: 47
Talking about the battle of the currents which  took place in Amurica there was a DC supply in Cambridge off the generating station in Thompsons lane which was 200 volts DC and that lasted up to the early 1970's!.

The original supplier was the shop of messers Bailey Grundy and Barrett in St Marys passage they started a small system which grew and then when that wasnt enough they moved to Thomposon lane as it was next to  the river and easy to get the coal there. That sort of thing was prevalent in many areas of the UK local generating firms untill the coming of the national grid when it all moved to the 240 volt 50 C/ps or Hz system we know today!.

The orignal generator of Dynamo as DC machines were termd is in the science machine IIRC:) It wasn that big in those days lights were the main load and the odd ladies vibrator;)

 

Offline Visionist

Six Underground by Sneaker Pimps. It's literally a prostitute singing about her working life. Also a bit of a modern classic if I do say so myself.

Just avoid the poppy version with some guy going "a one-two, a one-two, a one-two" over the top. Stick to the original.

Offline Herts_Outcaller

Six Underground by Sneaker Pimps. It's literally a prostitute singing about her working life. Also a bit of a modern classic if I do say so myself.

Just avoid the poppy version with some guy going "a one-two, a one-two, a one-two" over the top. Stick to the original.

Had that song in my collection for years, never even realised it was about whoring.

Offline MilleMiglia

Just came across this:

External Link/Members Only

Any takers on the 1 month booking?

Offline simon07

What is the best music track to get a WG to strip tease to?

I was thinking of
External Link/Members Only

Offline Yankee21