Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Shepherd Market in Mayfair?  (Read 28867 times)

Offline Horizontal pleasures

Are there still or again any ladies there?

I recall my mis-spent youth in the alleys and walk-ups of Shepherd Market and wonder if there are still French ladies there waiting with their basins of warm soapy water to wash Mister Happy before taking him in hand for some exercise, or is it all young Romanian ladies wearing too much badly placed cosmetics ... ?

Offline joe diddley

There are still three or four left there, HP. While I don't visit them, I do know that they are still there. In terms of type of girl you identify I suspect there are more of the latter than the former now, but I'm not too sure and Shepherds Market remains somewhat under-reported. Still a few excellent girls in Soho whose walkups I do periodically visit.

Offline Convince Me

I saw a an ebony beauty there years ago, still remember her fondly. Talk about a full on PSE and it was a walk up just feet a away from the Curzon.

Offline ralhar

I also have a soft spot for this neighborhood...

But it's all but dead unfortunately... 2 walk ups (3 rooms) just about hanging on, but only just... you have #30 (squeezed in amongst the cafe's and restaurants) first floor is still oriental / "thai" and the second floor is EE... I visited the first floor in august bank holiday but walked because she was past her sell by date then had a disappointing punt with a polish blonde on the second floor, i forget her name but spotted her on the second floor of 2 greens court recently... she turns up in soho occasionally as cover i think... so next to nothing known about this venue and the rota... almost zero reporting... however it always was mysterious down there wasn't it...

the only other room left is 50a which we have a bit more information on... last I heard (confirmed by myself maybe a year ago) Monday to Wednesday is Elaina (note the spelling), a nice mid to late 20's brazilian brunnette... good service, a bit eccentric and interesting chat... she used to found in Soho a few years back (greek street dives) but not any more... Saturday and Sunday is Elena... popular "hungarian" (bulgarian?) well known from soho (70A berwick) weekdays... good service petite brunnette mid to late 20's... a bit of a "sweetheart"... gets fucking booked for hours at a time which can be very annoying...

my era was early to mid 00's when it was still thriving... my "jamie theakston" times... late night adventures... it was so atmospheric and surreal down there... the "eerie Indiana" of red light districts... i will never forget the excitement of coming up white horse street at 4am and seeing all the redlights in the windows...

back then there would be at least 20 girls working out of walk ups all over the neighborhood but also loads of phone box joints and brothels as well... some of the brothels would open their front doors late at night and put a sign up to catch passing trade if business was quiet... it was all so relaxed and just tolerated by the neighborhood... it was all just part of the scene, there was even a strip club down there...

when i first started going there, some of the girls would work alone without a maid, thats how cool it was...

but then after a few years the mood changed... there were some robberies and then some russian gangsters moved in and started taking over control of the rooms... then there was a blackmail attempt on someone famous and all the rooms in market mews got busted and closed down...

then around 2007 / 8 westminster council and the anti whore brigade started a very aggressive campaign in both soho and shepherd market... some of the rooms in shepherd market went to court and won the right to stay open... interestingly, they were backed by many of the local businesses... the council couldnt take it and started putting signs up "brothels operating in this area" and sent loads of foot patrol coppers to hang around... all designed to intimidate punters...

but then the real knock out punch was the banking crisis... as you can imagine it hit the whole area hard not just the walk ups but the whole of mayfair went quite for a long time... loads of retail businesses closed down and the walk ups simply never bounced back... the areas star performers at the time (katerina / porsha et al) were coming up for retirement anyway so they called it quits so then you had no real talent to attract the punters back...the changing face of punting (internet) swiped a lot of that west end trade so by the time the economy recovered the game had changed and the walk ups didnt survive... one by one they quietly closed their doors...

I've got stories for days about shepherd market... I knew so many girls down there...

"french girls / ladies" is before my time and pre 90's i think? in the film "the kings speech" they make a joke about french girls and shepherd market and thats pre WW2 i think? there was a famous "french lessons" sign in curzon street in the 60's...

OP - i can recommend 50A Monday to Wednesday or Saturday and Sunday... would like to hear some of your memories...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:17:21 pm by ralhar »

Offline PLeisure

Great insights, ralhar - way before my time but a fascinating read. These anecdotes need to be documented as part of the city's culture.

Ralhar, great tales, thanks. My memories go back to the 60s and 70s and so are very hazy. Mature (by my standards then) French ladies who would wash Mister Happy with warm soapy water before a suck (sometimes covered, sometimes not) and f*ck (covered) is my memory. No recall if there was kissing and certainly I never went down on them because the first time i learned about and experienced cunnilingus was from a suburban lady who I met from a contact magazine much later in my life.

I also once or twice met a lady on Curzon Street, not junkies but hard up middle class young ladies with whom I went to their flats, one up the Finchley Road 2 or 3 times, and the other to a wide street in Camden Town who became a regular for a long time.

I shall go there early in April and hope to manage to escape the Missus on some excuse to go early.
HP

Offline ralhar

Great insights, ralhar - way before my time but a fascinating read. These anecdotes need to be documented as part of the city's culture.

thanks... ive put a lot of my experiences on the other forum over the years but have considered centralising them in my own blog or something... i've got so many stories... proper stories as well... not just elaborate ego wank about totally unremarkable punts like certain people post in other threads... ive got real life stories... history of the area that will soon be lost and forgotten... i've also considered some fiction based on all this... a book or a film could be fucking well cool if done right...

just  imagine all the stories the girls and the maids have as well...

There's so many things to do in this life though and i could never expose myself as a punter... not for the foreseeable anyway

Offline ralhar

Ralhar, great tales, thanks. My memories go back to the 60s and 70s and so are very hazy. Mature (by my standards then) French ladies who would wash Mister Happy with warm soapy water before a suck (sometimes covered, sometimes not) and f*ck (covered) is my memory. No recall if there was kissing and certainly I never went down on them because the first time i learned about and experienced cunnilingus was from a suburban lady who I met from a contact magazine much later in my life.

I also once or twice met a lady on Curzon Street, not junkies but hard up middle class young ladies with whom I went to their flats, one up the Finchley Road 2 or 3 times, and the other to a wide street in Camden Town who became a regular for a long time.

I shall go there early in April and hope to manage to escape the Missus on some excuse to go early.
HP

ive heard some really interesting stuff about those days... ive heard there were walk ups all over the market  area... and ive heard about the high class street walkers all around mayfair... even up at that big square where the rolls royce salesroom is... ive even heard about girls going round in cars picking punters up... report back in april and let us know how you get on... i might go and see elena soon myself... thanks for a good thread.

Offline russell sprout

Ralhar, I would love to read more!

Offline tantric talents

+1
Do tell all  :drinks:

Offline Steve2

Do you remember the red neon sign in a Curzon St window  "Chest for sale"?

Offline Convince Me

Love this thread, keep the stories coming  :drinks:

Offline LNDNman

thanks... ive put a lot of my experiences on the other forum over the years but have considered centralising them in my own blog or something... i've got so many stories... proper stories as well... not just elaborate ego wank about totally unremarkable punts like certain people post in other threads... ive got real life stories... history of the area that will soon be lost and forgotten... i've also considered some fiction based on all this... a book or a film could be fucking well cool if done right...

just  imagine all the stories the girls and the maids have as well...

There's so many things to do in this life though and i could never expose myself as a punter... not for the foreseeable anyway
Ralhar
I've been thinking about writing a book or seeing if there's an interested editor in a national or London paper for a weekly column. Might be interesting to catch up on this as I've also got a few stories, not just from London, but around the country, around the world. Girls that are REAL and not robotic slaves to their paymasters.

Offline Jonestown

Ralhar
I've been thinking about writing a book or seeing if there's an interested editor in a national or London paper for a weekly column.

Well I would imagine it was just at that point that you killed it stone dead.

Offline ralhar

Thanks everybody... maybe when I have more time...

"chest for sale" LOL

With regards to newspapers I wouldnt trust them not to stitch a punter up... but yeah the walk ups were a huge aspect of west end life for decades but the history is largely undocumented and what there is out there (evening standard headlines for example) is generally inaccurate or biased... there has been some interesting stuff but there is very little out there...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:41:02 pm by ralhar »

Offline Jonestown

With regards to newspapers I wouldnt trust them not to stitch a punter up... but yeah the walk ups were a huge aspect of west end life for decades but the history is largely undocumented and what there is out there (evening standard headlines for example) is generally inaccurate or biased... there has been some interesting stuff but there is very little out there...

There was a Soho maids autobiography published a few years back, not a bad read, started young, but claimed she was never tempted to get on the tools herself.

Offline ralhar

Yeah I've heard about it but I think its 50's era (?) interesting of course but a different to scene to what I discovered in the late 90's... what's it called?

Offline Jonestown

Yeah I've heard about it but I think its 50's era (?) interesting of course but a different to scene to what I discovered in the late 90's... what's it called?

Hang on, I'll have to do some digging, that brain cell has died.

Offline Sattob

Even up at that big square where the Rolls Royce salesroom is. I've even heard about girls going round in cars picking punters up...
I think you mean Berkeley Square, and the Bentley showroom. Yes, I recall hearing about this, about 10/15 years ago, when Westminster had a massive moral crusade against street walkers, by going against cars going slowly. (I still recall the signs at Kings Cross warning drivers not to drive slowly).

Offline Jonestown

I think you mean Berkeley Square, and the Bentley showroom. Yes, I recall hearing about this, about 10/15 years ago, when Westminster had a massive moral crusade against street walkers, by going against cars going slowly. (I still recall the signs at Kings Cross warning drivers not to drive slowly).

Bayswater / Paddington ditto

Offline Jonestown

Here we are, West End Girls by Barbara Tate

External Link/Members Only

Offline Mr Farkyhars

there was a famous "french lessons" sign in curzon street in the 60's...

Page 110

Offline tantric talents

"Butterfly needs careful mounting"
Love it !

Offline Jonestown

Intended to explore the Thai floor in no 30 today, but both places still not open at 12.30.

Offline ralhar

Thanks for the links... yeah have seen that stuff before... all this is 50's / 60's or before, a different scene to what we know now I reckon... and it's only really the franky frazor stuff that talks about shepherd market... and thats just one paragraph... ive seen a picture of that "french lessons" sign before but I can't think where...  they used to call oral "french" around soho when i first went up there, so i'm not sure if that is the joke or if they were just refering to french girls... maybe the shepherd market french girls and their blow jobs are the reason everyone in soho called it "french"

not walk ups or even whores really but this is good read and provides a good account of 80's era soho:

It was still pretty much as described in the above when i first went up there in the late 90's.

Berkley square is where the bentley garage is yeah thats right thats where i meant... and there were street walkers but also GIRLS who would drive around and pick up pedestrian punters... this was before and not to be confused with the action against kerb crawling in other RLD's. I first read about it in an old newspaper article i found online but dismissed it as BS. Then someone on the other site (or maybe it was here) mentioned they had been picked up by a girl in a car and told me about it... yeah you couldnt make it up.

@jonestown - those walkups open really late these days... like 3 or 4pm... but stay open until like 5am... i hope they havent closed anyway... keep trying dude... you are doing the community a service.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:03:59 pm by ralhar »

Offline Plato

Shepherd's market was a very atmospheric place to punt in the late 90s and early 00s.

Some of my memories include:
- Regularly seeing Jeffrey Archer's Wood and Pickett Mini parked up on Curzon Street.  Not that he'd ever visit a prostitute of course.
- Some great WGs in the 2 walk ups either side of the phone box.  Brunette Katerina or blonde English Chelsea (also available in Soho) on the left, and a tall South African brunette called Debbie on the right.  I used to see Debbie most weeks until she disappeared suddenly.
- Round the corner Porsha was a young stunner.  For an extra tenner she'd give you a full on PSE.
- Shitty walk up opposite what's now Lulu's but formerly a crap restaurant called Tiddy Dolls.  Saw a couple of horrors in that place.
- Market mews had about 5 different walk ups, including a damp basement.  There was a lovely raven haired Lithuanian called Laima who I remember.  Probably tried all those places a few times, and had my first ever 2 girl session there.
- Round the corner there was another walk-up, on the other side of the archway next to Stirling Moss's house.  Probably had my worst ever punt there.
- Once got picked up by an English girl in her 30s driving a BMW.  Went back to her basement flat in Baker Street.
- There were also several street walkers.  I only ever did that once.  We got a taxi back to her flat, but it was a crap punt.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:26:48 pm by Plato »

Offline ralhar

Great post plato... I wonder if we ever passed each other on the stairs?

You're the first person that remembers Katrina... she went home and opened a hairdressers... that room was run by a bossy jamaican lady called rose and they got some great girls there...

market mews was great as well... the first room on the left as you headed towards hyde park was 24/7 at one point and I used to go and see a dynamite russian called jessica... she was tiny and really cute with a gap in the front of her teeth... she used to let me come on her... i'm getting horny just thinking about it... big night out in the west end then a 4am service that ends with her getting sprayed in her lingerie... she would lie there chatting while I cleaned her up...

fucking great days... is hard to believe looking back.

Offline Plato

Yup ralhar - your original post prompted some great memories...

I remember the Jamaican madam...you'd sometimes have to sit with her on the first floor for a chat before heading up the stairs to the room on the top floor, which had a shower room too.  Katrina was a very pretty girl with a great figure - hope she's doing well.

Offline hawai5o

About 5 years ago there was nice milf by the name of Sonia ,first floor ,can't remember the number ??.
She was very friendly but I didn't make it with her .

Offline 76shen

Dose anyone remember a girl who worked in the top flat by the phone box. I didn't get her name she was about 5f 6 tall with dark brown hair. body size 8 - 10. Very good looking with a great sexy body. The only thing I can remember she said she was from Budapest. i saw her at the weekends, some ware round 2005 i think. and the madame was an old woman with grey silvery hair and very well dress.

I remember Chelsea she was one of my best punts in soho.

Offline ralhar

katrina was hungarian but dark red head rather than dark brown... the silver haired maid was the irish lady, i forget her name... i found her a bit spooky... there was another well spoken english maid there (marie i think) who was very nice...

yeah rose was quite character and could be a right bitch to the girls... ive heard some stories about her...

they all called it quits when katrina left... she was the main attraction... one of the best looking girls i ever had the pleasure of... a dynamite punt as well. She had a well sexy accent kind of continental crossed with cockney made her sound like she was gagging for a fuck...

LOL - I was always "jamie theakston" when i went there and i'm sure they knew but they didnt mind because they knew i wasnt any trouble and had good money... thats what it was like down there much more informal and relaxed than soho... they made the effort to look after regulars.

sonia was round the corner at 52a unitl it closed quite recently been on the walk up scene for a long time also.

Offline 76shen

Thanks ralhar.

I've always wondered what her name was. i only wished I had the money to see her a lot more then i did back then. i would love the chance to have another punt with her. wonder if she still got that fantastic body.

Offline Boomerang Man

I've got some memories about Shepherds Market from the late 80s and 1990s. Does anyone remember Corsican Claudia in the walkup to the right of the phone box as you walk into the square from Curzon Street? Tallish, brunnette, was there for years. She had an old French lady as a maid. I used to love seeing her. She used to bite my nipples so hard, happy days!  :D

In the walkup to the left of phone box I got probably the best BJ ever from a young mixed race girl in the early 90s. Cannot remember her name. But I do remember the black maid mentioned by Ralhar earlier.

Corsican Claudia used to be friends with a brassy blond who later became a maid / madam for some Thai girls in the walkup where you go through the square with the phone box & then turn left walking towards the pubs to the left of the Square. This walkup was right next door to a restaurant with tables outside. I had a 3some with brassy blond & Claudia once. Years later I popped into the walkup where she was maiding & she remembered me and we shared some wine whilst I waited for the Thai girl. the only reason i waited was because she told me that this particular Thai girl was the hottest most beautiful in her stable. And she was! Cannot remember her name

There was another French bird (quite old) but who sucked cock like a Dyson without a condom & swallowed on the 2nd floor walkup where the taxis used to line up. She also used to stick a dildo up my Khyber whilst she was sucking me off. That was a 1st for me. On the floor below the French bird I saw a few girls, one of them was an Aussie............I think she also used to work in Soho and I think her name was Chelsea but not totally sure about that. Anyway, what I do remember was she liked it up the arse

Someone earlier mentions they got picked up by a street walker. Well I remember vividly being picked up by an English girl in a convertible BMW 3 Series and driving off up Park Lane to Marble Arch and on up the Edgware Rd and then pulling into a quiet street and me getting a good gobble whilst playing with her hooters.

Ralhar, you & I need to meet up for a few beers and swap the war stories. There was another street walker English bird at Shepherds Market in the 80s, She was a big girl, short hair, looked like Frank's ex Mrs in East Enders. Anyway she also used to roam around Inverness Terrace Bayswater looking for biz.

i could go on but this is my 1st post and I will inevitably get a chorus of "bollocks" from the keyboard warriors on here. Ralhar & others might recognise some of what I say and will know I am legit

Offline Plato

Nice first post Boomerang Man. 
I think your memories are about a decade before I was a regular there, but your experiences sound very similar. 
It's sad that the London walk up scene has deteriorated so much.  At Shepherd's Market there were some really good walk ups where you could drop in any time after work or dinner if you had the horn. 
If I had a bad session I'd just stop off for another one...no hassle booking appointments and getting messed around.

Offline ralhar

great post boomerang... you can't fake that kind of knowledge.

The brassy blonde at the thai place is still there i think... she was until very recently anyway...

Yeah like plato says there's no fun in searching online and making a phone call... it makes the whole thing a chore...

you couldn't beat getting out there among the street life and the buildings, mixing with the crowds and feeling the atmosphere... late at night was best... the thrill of seeing who you could find at the top of some dickensian stairs...

keep the memories coming guys...

Offline Boomerang Man

Does anyone remember English girl Charlotte who used to work from a flat in Market Mews? She was there for years & years. She used to have a card up in the phone boxes off Berkeley Square and Curzon Street. Stank of piss but mobiles had not really taken off then (the phone boxes not Charlotte!)

At the top of Market Mews was a little known walkup on Stanhope Row. At one time there was a filthy Israeli girl working in there. Very sexy, nice body, tanned and loved it up the Gary Glitter. She was another girl that also worked from walkups in Soho. Agree with Ralhar & others. The vibe in Shepherds Market was different, bit more chilled, less frenetic. On the those hot summer nights it was (still is) very al fresco but not very discreet.

i think probably my very last punt at Shepherds Market was with Porcha. I am 99% sure that I heard from someone that before working at Shepherds Market she worked in a massage parlour near Euston doing rub & tugs. Lovely girl but for me at the time she was not in the same league as legendary Claudia from 70 Berwick Street in Soho. Claudia was wonderful & a really nice person too. I heard from an old maid that she  retired from the game, had a daughter and is building a new life. Best of luck to her.

;)

Offline ralhar

yeah I remember stanhope row... it was a bit spooky... the property seemed to be huge and you could hear people in the other rooms like something was going on there...

i think i remember that israeli girl... she was mates with jessica the russian sex kitten... if its the girls im thinking of... i used to see them in the street sometimes around the neighbourhood and they would always say hello...

yeah agreed... nobody beats claudia of berwick st.

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0
I only ever punted once in Shepherds Market, street girl, took me into a block of flats on the corner of the road taking you back out onto Piccadilly, can't remember much about it as it was a long time ago, me and a friend used to go there nearly every weekend as we enjoyed drinking in the pubs there, especially the Grapes

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Offline Moneyd

Anyone tried 50A recently?

Is it in Shepherd Market?

Offline Convince Me

I paid homeage to the area on Sat evening & only found two doors open. Suffice to say there are probably more flats than the two entrances.

Offline ralhar

just 2 doors now... 2 doors but 3 rooms... yeah was at 50a yesterday... saw elena.

Offline Plato

The former walk ups on Stanhope Row and Market Mews have been boarded up for around 5 years now.  They were owned by Maltese families until they were taken over by Russians 10 years ago.  Seems strange that such prime real estate has been left untouched for so long.

There used to be quite a few walk ups on Shepherd Street too which disappeared when LouLous was re-developed, and one on the ground floor down the ramp next to the Mexican Bistro.

Offline Plato

...and you can now buy the walk up where the lovely Katrina used to work.
Looks a bit smarter now.

Offline 76shen

Did anyone, ever get a chance of taking a photo of Katrina.

Offline ralhar

yeah the property value thing is interesting... it always made me wonder even back then... I always imagined randy aristocrats taking the hit in exchange for working class flesh on tap...

i never knew about the maltese connection (but I'm well aware of soho's maltese background)... yeah the russians came and pretty much took over, evicting some of my regulars and their maids and tightening up the whole approach... things went from relaxed and friendly to formal and business like... at jessica's place things went from girls working on their own to dealing with the maid after choosing a girl, negotiate time etc, pay the maid / madam... pimping basically... then there was the blackmail thing.

they make that flat look big don't they... I'm surprised they even got a double bed in there... i hope they've sound proofed it, its well noisy there...

apparently when it closed as a walk up some queer used to go there and shag rent boys with the window open so everyone could see. LOL only in shepherd market, the fucking eerie indiana of RLD's what a strange place.

a picture of katrina... yeah she was well fit... she did allow pictures that didnt show her face i think... so there must be some out there... rose definately had some to show customers... i bet she still looks good... she actually got better as she matured i think... top girl.

i can't believe how hot these girls were looking back... great service too... we were lucky to have enjoyed it. great thread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:39:40 pm by ralhar »

Offline JohnWaynesJism

just 2 doors now... 2 doors but 3 rooms... yeah was at 50a yesterday... saw elena.

Lucky bugger, Elena is one of the best, not your average WG at all, and really seems to get into it. I just wish she worked weekends.

I was just preparing for some fun. I have to attend a movie at the Curzon in connection with my work quite soon. That is what led me to this thread. Now the missus heard about the movie and asked if she may attend with me. No chance to escape, ah well, I shall have to manufacture a hole in my diary to go and sample the delights of the area another time.

Offline Moneyd

Does anyone remember English girl Charlotte who used to work from a flat in Market Mews? She was there for years & years. She used to have a card up in the phone boxes off Berkeley Square and Curzon Street. Stank of piss but mobiles had not really taken off then (the phone boxes not Charlotte!)

At the top of Market Mews was a little known walkup on Stanhope Row. At one time there was a filthy Israeli girl working in there. Very sexy, nice body, tanned and loved it up the Gary Glitter. She was another girl that also worked from walkups in Soho. Agree with Ralhar & others. The vibe in Shepherds Market was different, bit more chilled, less frenetic. On the those hot summer nights it was (still is) very al fresco but not very discreet.

i think probably my very last punt at Shepherds Market was with Porcha. I am 99% sure that I heard from someone that before working at Shepherds Market she worked in a massage parlour near Euston doing rub & tugs. Lovely girl but for me at the time she was not in the same league as legendary Claudia from 70 Berwick Street in Soho. Claudia was wonderful & a really nice person too. I heard from an old maid that she  retired from the game, had a daughter and is building a new life. Best of luck to her.

;)

Is Stanhope Row still there? You know the door number?

Offline Full Moon

Lucky bugger, Elena is one of the best, not your average WG at all, and really seems to get into it. I just wish she worked weekends.

He saw her in the weekend, she works Saturday & Sunday here, whilst Thursday & Friday at 70a Berwick.

Offline JohnWaynesJism

He saw her in the weekend, she works Saturday & Sunday here, whilst Thursday & Friday at 70a Berwick.

Ah well spotted, thank you. I thought he meant the other Elena who works Tues/Weds, and possibly Mondays. She is Brazilian, very slim, lovely long dark hair. I know the one you mean, and always forget she works there weekends too.
 Do you or anyone else know what time she starts at the weekend?