Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Challenging The Dodgy.  (Read 8897 times)

Offline smiths

I don't know if its just me but in my observations some punters cant stop moaning and griping on here when some of us that care about honesty on here challenge others who we think are in some way dodgy or worse.

I have been a member on here for 6 years and in that time countless trolls, pimps, WGs pretending to be punters, white knight fan boys and other assorted low lifes have tried to undermine UKP in various ways. In that time many many of those challenged by some of us have been banned due to being one or more of the above.

I see this challenging those I see as dodgy as a good thing, it helps ensure its genuine punters who post on here. All I ask is give those that challenge some credit, sure sometimes we might get it wrong, but much more often than not overall its right and proven to be right when the poster challenged gets banned.

I want to see UKP as honest as possible personally, admin cant monitor everybody at all times. Now none of us are admin obviously and as ever he decides. But I am getting sick of some posters moaning that it is damaging the forum or its unfair, I most certainly don't agree, its helping the forum and has been proved to have done so since the start. And one last point if it actually was damaging the forum why hasn't admin stopped posters challenging others.

Offline claretandblue

Agreed,there are a lot of scumbags out there with their own agendas,challenging stuff on here is vital,especially when its posted by new members or ones who have been around for ages but rarely ever post  :hi:

Offline cueball

Yep, I see the same. I notice members posting complaints saying it puts off new members posting.

I believe, in reality it is quite the opposite. It encourages new members to post because it's honest, straight and without prossie/pimp/fanboy control or influence.

A genuine poster will usually find himself backed up by the more prolific members too.

What a lot seem to miss is that a lot of us have seen it many times and get a nose for it. If they're genuine they'll usually ride it out by posting genuine, no bullshit comments.

Mistakes are made but it's not with malice, it's usually with the good of the forum at heart.

It's way better to have such members around that are willing to question/doubt/engage. It makes ukp a much cleaner place.

Besides... the boss has final say on everything. If he's happy then that's the way it is. Those that like it.. stay, those that don't... leave.

I'm staying  :hi:

Offline smiths

Agreed,there are a lot of scumbags out there with their own agendas,challenging stuff on here is vital,especially when its posted by new members or ones who have been around for ages but rarely ever post  :hi:

Agreed Claret. :thumbsup: Sadly as I see it some cant stop griping that its wrong or not fair. I have been moaned at for challenging a number of posters, many of them have been banned and I was right, this is the same with some others who challenge on here. As I said above we might get it wrong sometimes but more often than not we are right, and even more so when a number of posters challenge one poster who is dodgy.

I find it a great shame that those that moan don't give any credit that there is a reason for challenging some posters, in my case I don't challenge someone for no reason, the reason might not be known to these moaning but there IS A reason.

Offline smiths

Yep, I see the same. I notice members posting complaints saying it puts off new members posting.

I believe, in reality it is quite the opposite. It encourages new members to post because it's honest, straight and without prossie/pimp/fanboy control or influence.

A genuine poster will usually find himself backed up by the more prolific members too.

What a lot seem to miss is that a lot of us have seen it many times and get a nose for it. If they're genuine they'll usually ride it out by posting genuine, no bullshit comments.

Mistakes are made but it's not with malice, it's usually with the good of the forum at heart.

It's way better to have such members around that are willing to question/doubt/engage. It makes ukp a much cleaner place.

Besides... the boss has final say on everything. If he's happy then that's the way it is. Those that like it.. stay, those that don't... leave.

I'm staying  :hi:

Good post and very important to state as I did that admin always makes a decision about any poster, all some of us do is inform him and/or others of those we think are dodgy. Sometimes I know a poster is dodgy, Golfnut being an example from yesterday, but it takes some time for it to come out. I wont sit back and let an Undesirable as admin has called him under his banning reason just carry on, he needed challenging in my view and me and some others did so.

slow and low

I'm a punter now entering my 28th year of punting I am fairly wise to all the highs and low of punting all I want to do is relay back my experiences that may be of benefit but my patience with both providers and some members on here is at an all time low.

slow and low

Claret is one of the members on here I respect.

Offline Hobbit

I agree. Challenging to some extent is necessary because like you said there are too many whiteknights etc on this forum.

vw

I don't know if its just me but in my observations some punters cant stop moaning and griping on here when some of us that care about honesty on here challenge others who we think are in some way dodgy or worse.

I have been a member on here for 6 years and in that time countless trolls, pimps, WGs pretending to be punters, white knight fan boys and other assorted low lifes have tried to undermine UKP in various ways. In that time many many of those challenged by some of us have been banned due to being one or more of the above.

I see this challenging those I see as dodgy as a good thing, it helps ensure its genuine punters who post on here. All I ask is give those that challenge some credit, sure sometimes we might get it wrong, but much more often than not overall its right and proven to be right when the poster challenged gets banned.

I want to see UKP as honest as possible personally, admin cant monitor everybody at all times. Now none of us are admin obviously and as ever he decides. But I am getting sick of some posters moaning that it is damaging the forum or its unfair, I most certainly don't agree, its helping the forum and has been proved to have done so since the start. And one last point if it actually was damaging the forum why hasn't admin stopped posters challenging others.

Agreed smiths, last time you wrote similar was your Christmas message to the fluffies and that proved a very positive post.

think the site ethos is lost on many punters here until they have problems.

I will continue to call out the dodgy, until admin says not to.

Its lots of money to spend to have buying decisions influenced by dodgy fanboys.

Its not always pain for everyone to see the dodginess like that fake aliceinwonderland review.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

+ 1

I've seen quite a few challenged in the NE region, most end up showing their true colours and getting banned. Genuine ones tend to understand why there's some scepticism and continue to contribute.    :hi:

Online stevedave

Well said smiths, it's thanks to yourself and other longstanding members that UKP works as well as it does, I've said it before, but the element of self moderation and members weeding out the dodgy (WK, tout, abusive etc) posters is great, and helps to reinforce the ethos of the site.

As you and others have said, admin will always have the final say (rightly so!), but we can certainly try to help  :thumbsup:

Offline Sparta Prada

I have come across a number of suspicious posters following my negative review of AliceInXWonderland who previously had a 100% review rating here. I'm not sure whether my review helped others to come out and decide to also post negatives about the same girl, but it shows that no girl is infallible.

What the fan boys seem to forget is that we are the people paying money, so we have the right to be as critical or praiseworthy as we see fit. Not least in a hobby that is by no means inexpensive. By all means challenge if you think the OP is wrong, but if you challenge me I will also challenge you as well. That's fair, right?

I'm going to follow smiths lead and start reporting these dodgy cunts. First of all, should we start listing them on a thread?

Offline Brazilian Martian

I have come across a number of suspicious posters following my negative review of AliceInXWonderland who previously had a 100% review rating here. I'm not sure whether my review helped others to come out and decide to also post negatives about the same girl, but it shows that no girl is infallible.

What the fan boys seem to forget is that we are the people paying money, so we have the right to be as critical or praiseworthy as we see fit. Not least in a hobby that is by no means inexpensive. By all means challenge if you think the OP is wrong, but if you challenge me I will also challenge you as well. That's fair, right?

I'm going to follow smiths lead and start reporting these dodgy cunts. First of all, should we start listing them on a thread?

That could be a slippery slope listing people  :hi:

vw

That could be a slippery slope listing people  :hi:

Maybe have a list of unbanned to keep an eye on.

Neal69

Well said smiths, it's thanks to yourself and other longstanding members that UKP works as well as it does, I've said it before, but the element of self moderation and members weeding out the dodgy (WK, tout, abusive etc) posters is great, and helps to reinforce the ethos of the site.

As you and others have said, admin will always have the final say (rightly so!), but we can certainly try to help  :thumbsup:

Fully Agree with the above post.

Thanks to all that call out the dodgy ones and have a "nose" for this BS.

As one who does not have a "nose" for it I have to rely on the ones that do to keep this place readable.

N

Maybe have a list of unbanned to keep an eye on.

Could do but then there are a few people who white knight and blatantly tout who are not banned. Have a look at the big booty thread for a few of them. Then look further north in the north east section and then the midlands  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:57:15 pm by Brazilian Martian »

vw

Could do but then there are a few people who white knight and blatantly tout who are not banned. Have a look at the big booty thread

Yes they are everywhere in every region, many got upset with me and golfnuts spat on a negative for isla the current west midland forum darling.

Offline Turtle Z

Spot on Smiths; this forum has to be in some way 'self regulating'. Admin does a great job but he cant do everything and I think the genuine honest punters will strive to keep this site honest and that has been partly responsible for its success.

Offline smiths

Indeed I agree, though I think challenging them and reporting them if sure one by one as it occurs is the way to proceed rather than listing them on a thread, but if admin thinks that's a good idea fair enough. I just think such a thread would end up a slanging match, far better to challenge as the dodgy post in my opinion, some disruption is inevitable but for me its worth it if the dodgy get exposed.

And crucial here is to realise that to report its best to be as sure as you can be otherwise its just adding to admins work. There is a difference between a poster who is posting their opinion which you or me might not agree with and them being dodgy of course.

Neal69

For gawds sake don't take things so personally.

You did your review, got called out for your inaccuracy, Justified yourself now move on. It was a long enough thread on the regional board.

I don't think its a good idea to list them on a thread I think the current system works just fine when we have experienced posters already on the case.

N

Offline SamLP

Good post Smiths. Admins admission last year that he doesn't have the time or ability to read everything and that we should report anything suspicious was important. The transparency of the reporting system also makes it less open to abuse which is a masterstroke. It's up to us as members as you said to report dodgy members, touts, white knights etc..
What I've realised recently is a spate of WK's who are also members of UKE. They will WK a wg who they've either seen or is simply a member there and they chat with them. They do so with the knowledge they may or will be banned and don't care that they will as long as they sign off being a WK. They then have the comfort of knowing they're still on UKE and wear their banning as a badge of pride for protecting a wg's honour. Some will continue to make subtle or blatant digs at UKP posters and reviewers. IMO, these WK's should be banned of both sites to teach others a lesson that this type of behaviour is not acceptable. However, it's admins decision at the end of the day how he deals with these posters.

Offline Sparta Prada

For gawds sake don't take things so personally.

You did your review, got called out for your inaccuracy, Justified yourself now move on. It was a long enough thread on the regional board.

It was the first time that I was the recipient of overzealous fan boys defending their favourite. Thankfully the majority of posters on that thread (including a lot of heavy posters/reviewers) saw what was happening and called out those guys who were defending Alice.

At least 2 guys are now under heavy suspicion for being WKs for Alice, and Ziltoid got banned. Mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned!

upnorth62

As a newbie , id like to think myself under probation so to speak, i was quick to judge quips on some newbies/members but  then looked in your sin bin, and banned members.
Admin i tip my hat to you  and all who run the site .

like every thing in life if its free you'd think it would be embraced, sadly in most cases  its the reversal .

On a lighter note... Good work guys  :thumbsup:from me

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:19:37 pm by upnorth62 »

Online hendrix

Spot on smiths. Genuine punters will always be able to respond reasonably to any challenge. I've called out plenty in my time and sometimes I'm wrong. No problem with admitting that, but I think it helps keep the forum honest.

It's difficult when your punting "nose" tells you that a poster is full of shit but you have no actual evidence. They usually give themselves away over time though!

James999

All great Smiths, but some of us are just to nervous to challenge posters, some of them have been here weeks, some even months and they know far more about the forum than anyone else or so they say  :sarcastic:

glasscentre2

Can I throw in my tuppence here?
A lot of talk in this thread about keeping the forum honest. Absolutely 100% agree with that.
Unfortunately, whether a post is regarded as honest is subject to a huge quantity of bias. Let me give an example:
Member makes post slagging off WG
Another member makes post claiming criticisms are unjust
The second member is accused of white knighting

A familiar scenario there, which we've all seen many times. What happens if it's reversed?
Member makes post saying WG is brilliant
Another member makes post claiming that actually she's shit
First member is treated with suspicion, second member is lauded for honesty

So what is regarded as "honest" on here is basically anything with a negative slant. What if someone accused of white knighting IS telling the gospel truth? Holding the attitude that all positive comments are touting or fabricated is something that hovers round here like a bad smell.

Offline mrfishyfoo

Great topic Smiths.  :hi: :hi:

It's difficult when your punting "nose" tells you that a poster is full of shit but you have no actual evidence. They usually give themselves away over time though!

This ^^^^ sums it up for me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:26:22 pm by mrfishyfoo »

vw

A lot of talk in this thread about keeping the forum honest. Absolutely 100% agree with that.
Unfortunately, whether a post is regarded as honest is subject to a huge quantity of bias. Let me give an example:

A familiar scenario there, which we've all seen many times. What happens if it's reversed?

So what is regarded as "honest" on here is basically anything with a negative slant. What if someone accused of white knighting IS telling the gospel truth? Holding the attitude that all positive comments are touting or fabricated is something that hovers round here like a bad smell.

up to the reader what they think, usually the further responses show intention of the poster, many get to wound up and emotionally invested and clear as day to see.

Offline smiths

All great Smiths, but some of us are just to nervous to challenge posters, some of them have been here weeks, some even months and they know far more about the forum than anyone else or so they say  :sarcastic:

The fact is if it wasn't for you and a few other punters and especially in the early years along with NIK, admin now and mods this site would of been overwhelmed with pimps and low lifes and may not even have been around now, or if it was it wouldn't be any use to genuine punters. Members not on here for that long may not know about all this, but it was crucially important to UKP becoming the great site it is now. :thumbsup:

Some of us want to keep it that way and if that means challenging the dodgy then that's whats got to be done.

glasscentre2

up to the reader what they think, usually the further responses show intention of the poster, many get to wound up and emotionally invested and clear as day to see.

Yes, if that happens, fair enough. But there's a lot of jumping on single posts.

Offline smiths

Indeed, there is often a clear pattern that emerges. Some WKs and dodgy posters don't engage their brains before posting fortunately because those who are a bit smarter are harder to draw out. Thing is with WKs for example they simply must come a charging or they might as well not be on here, same with pimps. Their damsels honour is at stake, or their lovers as some view the WG. :rolleyes:

Offline smiths

Agreed smiths, last time you wrote similar was your Christmas message to the fluffies and that proved a very positive post.

think the site ethos is lost on many punters here until they have problems.

I will continue to call out the dodgy, until admin says not to.

Its lots of money to spend to have buying decisions influenced by dodgy fanboys.

Its not always pain for everyone to see the dodginess like that fake aliceinwonderland review.

Yes snide was banned Christmas Day I think, now he was a class A cunt and his bum chum Finch, in fact AAA in their cases. These 2 and a few others getting banned greatly helped the London review board which is generally very good now. An example of why challenging posters can help a lot, and I couldn't of challenged snide more than I did. Any genuine non dodgy punter wouldn't write a love letter he called a review, admin disagreed to a WG after she had got a negative review off a credible to me punter, and then dig that punter basically for daring to be honest. :thumbsdown:

vw

Yes snide was banned Christmas Day I think, now he was a class A cunt and his bum chum Finch, in fact AAA in their cases. These 2 and a few others getting banned greatly helped the London review board which is generally very good now. An example of why challenging posters can help a lot, and I couldn't of challenged snide more than I did. Any genuine non dodgy punter wouldn't write a love letter he called a review, admin disagreed to a WG after she had got a negative review off a credible to me punter, and then dig that punter basically for daring to be honest. :thumbsdown:

I remember finch got banned from UKE mid argument with me, then admin posted the warning so not sure if his posts with me exposing him or a multitude of dodgy issues with his behaviour.

All about the motivation really, lots of these have an agenda, usually expose themselves with back slapping initially, thankfully the back slapping has decreased in volume since their gang was busted.

Got some funny PM's of these people before, one time finch asked me to go easy on uncle .   :thumbsdown:

I remember finch got banned from UKE mid argument with me, then admin posted the warning so not sure if his posts with me exposing him or a multitude of dodgy issues with his behaviour.

All about the motivation really, lots of these have an agenda, usually expose themselves with back slapping initially, thankfully the back slapping has decreased in volume since their gang was busted.

Got some funny PM's of these people before, one time finch asked me to go easy on uncle .   :thumbsdown:

You have made my evening knowing he's been band of off there. It's almost as much satisfaction as when wazzer got banned he used to act like he owned the place over there.

Type_O_Negative

I still remember these "three musketeers" (sylvester, uncle and quesadilla) ganged up against me because i dared to criticise their fluffy to death way of punting. All banned now.

Type_O_Negative

Finch aka sylvester, i found him to be a very possessive control freak. Some girls banned him.

Offline smiths

I still remember these "three musketeers" (sylvester, uncle and quesadilla) ganged up against me because i dared to criticise their fluffy to death way of punting. All banned now.

All low lifes who some challenged and by doing that they helped expose them for what they were, admin did the rest. Proves challenging works. And the reality sadly is snide and finch at least aren't fluffy at all, admin warned WGs to avoid them when he banned them off UKE a long time ago now. Both dangerous nutters.

All low lifes who some challenged and by doing that they helped expose them for what they were, admin did the rest. Proves challenging works. And the reality sadly is snide and finch at least aren't fluffy at all, admin warned WGs to avoid them when he banned them off UKE a long time ago now. Both dangerous nutters.

What did they get banned for on UKE ?

Offline smiths

What did they get banned for on UKE ?

For being dangerous cunts who WGs should avoid.

mikexxlong

:thumbsup:
Unfortunately no matter how many of these cunts get banned
Someone will slip their smelly feet right into the shoes of the departed weasel (S)
And it stands to reason that some learn from the mistakes of their ilk, becoming far more devious in their methods

Offline Charlie Chalk

I'm still a relative newbie to punting and to this forum. There have been a few times when someone has posted something in support of a WG and he has been accused of being a WK and I've thought "Hang on, that's a bit of an over-reaction"; only for the poster to then go OTT and prove he really was a WK all along. Proves there is no substitute for experience!

This forum relies on the accuracy of the reviews and the reliability and integrity of those writing them. Admin can't do it all, but thankfully we have plenty of long-standing members who will go with their gut instinct and challenge those whose they suspect of being WK's or fanboys or WG's in disguise. Long may this continue, because the moment it stops is the moment UKP loses its hard-won credibility.

The forum is hard but fair; it's not Facebook and you need to play by the rules or face the consequences. I'd agree with the comment that this encourages new members to post. I knew what was expected when I first posted and it makes me think long and hard about my reviews before I post to make sure they are accurate and not fluffy, especially if it's been a good booking and I could either still be enjoying the post-punt glow or looking back through rose-tinted glasses.

Offline Mansell

Still PMSL having read that James999.

Good post Smiths, the longer I have been punting and on here and UKE I find myself looking a some people's posts and thinking that's a "dodgy"  person, it's amazing how often they later get banned. Not that I'm great at spotting them but you do get a six sense after a while. The bloody NE seems to have more than its fair share but I think that's because of the number of Agencies we have.  :dash: :dash: we really could do with a way of indexing Agency girls,  far more chance of a shit punt with them than an indie in my view. To the extent that I avoid them like the plague.

Offline signy

I'm still a relative newbie to punting and to this forum. There have been a few times when someone has posted something in support of a WG and he has been accused of being a WK and I've thought "Hang on, that's a bit of an over-reaction"; only for the poster to then go OTT and prove he really was a WK all along. Proves there is no substitute for experience!

This forum relies on the accuracy of the reviews and the reliability and integrity of those writing them. Admin can't do it all, but thankfully we have plenty of long-standing members who will go with their gut instinct and challenge those whose they suspect of being WK's or fanboys or WG's in disguise. Long may this continue, because the moment it stops is the moment UKP loses its hard-won credibility.

The forum is hard but fair; it's not Facebook and you need to play by the rules or face the consequences. I'd agree with the comment that this encourages new members to post. I knew what was expected when I first posted and it makes me think long and hard about my reviews before I post to make sure they are accurate and not fluffy, especially if it's been a good booking and I could either still be enjoying the post-punt glow or looking back through rose-tinted glasses.

As another relative newbie, CC has mostly said it better than I could. I would just add that whilst challenging is good, long ping-pong arguments are just boring and fill over-long threads with multirepetition of opinions. Sometimes I wish people would make their point and leave it at that.

Offline pumps

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
well said Smiths

:hi:

+1

Also, whilst I will welcome a newbie on the Forum, if their first post is a review which appears to be fluffy, I tend to report him anyway, letting Admin decide if he was prev banned, etc.

mikexxlong

As another relative newbie, CC has mostly said it better than I could. I would just add that whilst challenging is good, long ping-pong arguments are just boring and fill over-long threads with multirepetition of opinions. Sometimes I wish people would make their point and leave it at that.

Sometimes when these cunts are confronted, put on the spot
or otherwise their slimy paranoid mind thinks they are about to be exposed

The creeps react by counter claiming, throwing accusations around, muddying the waters
and generally diverting attention away from them

This can usually end up with long threads with post ping pong 

Offline TheBSG

This.

In all honesty, i don't see it as the people posting on here's responsibility to police the forum.

Our responsibility is to report dodgy posts and make admin and the mods aware of suspicions then let them do their job and that is all

The people posting should not be taking the role of judge and jury

Offline smiths

This.

In all honesty, i don't see it as the people posting on here's responsibility to police the forum.

Our responsibility is to report dodgy posts and make admin and the mods aware of suspicions then let them do their job and that is all

The people posting should not be taking the role of judge and jury

No one on here can possibly be judge and jury in reality as only admin has the power to make the decision to warn or ban and rightly so.

Offline lostandfound

Of course admin is the final arbiter, and rightly so, but IMO dodgy types with a hidden agenda often have colossal nerve and I applaud the UKP community for sussing them out and not being shouted down by them. If that means occasional ping pong then so be it IMO. I think it does sometimes result in bad sorts overplaying their hand or throwing their toys out the pram and revealing themselves. And some popcorn moments.

Offline Steely Dan

I agree with this concern.  We need to challenge bullshit in both directions.  The fact that we have a name for member B in the first scenario (a white knight), but we have no name for the second, shows the bias.

But in some ways it is because we are actually all prossie lovers.  We are the ones who fund this hobby.  UKP members spent more than 1.5 million pounds on punts (that we know of) last year.We are very appreciative of good escorts and in fact we say it a lot.  Good escorts really like UKP. So when a member reports a bad experience, we tend to listen.  And often the 'bad words' are not that she is a poor escort, but rather something factual about her looks or service to consider, or an event that happened.