Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Up to date sauna scene in Edinburgh  (Read 7106 times)

coventerian

I moved away from Edinburgh a couple of years ago and will be returning for a week or so on business next month.

I the past I visited places such as Dundas Street, Carols, and Paradise but notice there is very little chat about them in recent posts here. I know they are often not regarded as the best but I found the girls were often more friendly and just a provided just as good service if not quite so good looking.

It would be great for someone with more up to date local knowledge to give a run down about if they are still open and what kind of girls operate from them.

Thanks

sam67

Paradise is closed , Dundas is known as Gemini now . Carols' is still open .

bbb

Is the Gemini place a gay sauna now? (or am i off on a tangent?). Not tempted to go there, the huge great CCTV camera right outside the door is somewhat offputting  :scare:

coventerian

i gave Gemini a call today to ask who was working. A polish girl described as young blonde and busty, and another worker describes as 'trans'

bbb

It is what used to be called 'Dundas Street Sauna'. Which is in Dundas Street. In Edinburgh.

External Link/Members Only

Duncan Maddick

As of today, the saunas open and closed are as follows.

Still Open:

Blair Street Sauna
Carols
Dundas/Gemini
London Street Sauna
Newtown
Scorpio

Closed at some point since 2013:

Ambassador (few weeks ago)
Executive
Gentle Touch
No. 9/ Merchant Street
Paradise - it really wasn't.

The lack of chat about the places you list has little to do with the crackdown or their closure and more to do with fact they were always in the Ginsters Sunday Afternoon Beer Belly League rather than the Premier League.

Vis-a-vis London Street. Its apparently not what it used to be - though I haven't been since 2005 but may visit to test the water myself - but there are so many members posting their memories of its past and still reporting on it now.

Nobody posts about the other places because even when they were open almost nobody went; then or now.

I have always noted that BSS, LSS, NTS seem to be run strictly as businesses whereas other places (we all know the ones) are seemingly playthings for pervy old owners or elephant graveyards for ladies who haven't realised that their own legend died before they did.

I expect you will see another 1 or 2 shut their doors for good (in all senses of that word) before too long.  This is a good thing.

Offline ComeAgain

This thread admirably describes the demise of the once prominent sauna scene in Edinburgh. It also highlights the demise of the popular long term indies who have been edged out off their own patch over the last few years by a more transient population of girls offering their services. Arguably, in going so, staining their own reputation.
The WGs have been removed from the streets - thankfully - and the saunas are being shut down slowly, but surely. It is uncertain how brexit will effect the indie scene, but I fear it will create a hidden under-class which will be more problematic.
In short, I fear the list above will read "Former Edinburgh Saunas."

Offline auldie63

Oh, my, my, ain't you just a wee ray of sunshine!

Duncan Maddick

This thread admirably describes the demise of the once prominent sauna scene in Edinburgh. It also highlights the demise of the popular long term indies who have been edged out off their own patch over the last few years by a more transient population of girls offering their services. Arguably, in going so, staining their own reputation.
The WGs have been removed from the streets - thankfully - and the saunas are being shut down slowly, but surely. It is uncertain how brexit will effect the indie scene, but I fear it will create a hidden under-class which will be more problematic.

Not sure it's as bleak as the picture you paint.

Will be interesting to see how the sauna situation is dealt with now you have both LibDems and Conservative leader Ruth Davidson calling for the system and policy to continue in Edinburgh.

Clearly the police are divided on the issue at senior level but are now stating that they accept that some people are doing the work as a lifestyle choice but will act when there is other criminality detected.

Similar line from the Crown Office and PF, excluding the line about lifestyle choice.

The public, when consulted, overwhelmingly back pragmatic regulation over dogmatic pious quasi - religious nanny state interference.  Look at the Edinburgh Sauna Licensing Public Consultation: over 80% of those respondents backed retaining the system as was.  Of course the city council had been painted into the corner by the new single police force and was only ever going to vote to end the system at that point.

The closures to date have been for economic reasons not through pressure from council or police.

As stated, at least two more will close sooner rather than later and this is really just the market rebalancing itself after the events and with so much competition from Indies now as well it's inevitable that the smaller less well run places will not be economically viable.

Edinburgh can probably support 3 - 5 saunas in current climate and with the large number of flats in operation.

Don't really share you pessimism on the indie front - you have to dig deeper and look harder but there are still nuggets of gold in them there  hills.

This industry is going nowhere.  The likes of Rhoda Grant and her Ilk, if they really cared about the people working in it rather than just their own column inches each week, would understand that and act to help rather than disrupt and cause potentially serious harm to people.

Hornyrabbit

Out of the remaining open saunas, what one is best I.e good looking girls, preferably slim build, nice bums etc
. I've been to carols and only nina and hannah do it for me.. but last time I went hannah says she was growing a bush down below 😷

colinj

your invitation to cheertofuckup is in the post.

Duncan Maddick

Out of the remaining open saunas, what one is best I.e good looking girls, preferably slim build, nice bums etc
. I've been to carols and only nina and hannah do it for me.. but last time I went hannah says she was growing a bush down below 😷

My personal preference since returning to the scene is Blair Street Sauna - fits what you're asking for.  I have not been to London Street Sauna or Newtown Sauna since returning to the scene - but certainly intend to sooner rather than later.  However, I think the consensus would be that BSS/LSS or NTS would be recommendable and probably best to forget about the others unless there is someone specific in one of those other places you want to see

All are fairly central.  Blair Street most central, Newtown most discrete street and London Street facilities will no doubt still outshine the others.  Six and two threes.

Offline foreverchanges

I'm sure she wont let it reach Gemma from NTS ( previously Maxine from LSS) type proportions...her bush was like a ZZ Top tribute act. :vomit:

Hornyrabbit

Thanks Duncan
Will sure try themy out before returning for more hannah or nina action at carols..

And FOREVER... I'miss scared of bushes, I'm glad I got hannah before she went full bush. Whether she did is unkniwn

Offline ComeAgain

Just voicing my opinion above...always open to debate. Needless to say there are always some who get personal and abusive. They are the ones who drive so many away from here. Encouraged to see that those culpable have been spotted and banned. Good clean up Admin  :thumbsup:

Offline mcampbell

Thanks Duncan
Will sure try themy out before returning for more hannah or nina action at carols..

And FOREVER... I'miss scared of bushes, I'm glad I got hannah before she went full bush. Whether she did is unkniwn

Fear Not - the bush has gone again! 

Hornyrabbit

Good to hear campbell..
How was your punt with her then?

Offline mcampbell

Good to hear campbell..
How was your punt with her then?
Mutually satisfying!

LittlePenis

How many girls now on shift at Scorpio?
LSS:7
BSS:6
Newtown:4

Was at Blair Street Week past Sunday, poor selection, 4 of 6 romanian, all plain janes, should of just walked.Booked Sara nice friendly girl, but seemed to really hate sex.

millerguy777

which one is good to visit early saturday evening and what sort of price range is it?

Offline Wonderwall88

Half an hour is usually £20 or there abouts entrance and 50ish for the girl.