Author Topic: what to do with a 1hr 30mins layover in Amsterdam?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline jimgooooo

Can any one help?

ive got a short layover in Amsterdam and the end of august, its the first time in Holland and the the first time ive been out of the uk in 10 years, so if anyone can give any suggestions on a quick easy punt near the airport i would be grateful!! 

thanks in advance

Offline Jerboa

If only 90 minutes I wouldn't even bother with a punt, not worth missing your flight.

Offline CoolTiger

Years ago, I recall reading somewhere that there was a knocking shop within the Airport Terminal.

There is a Casino where some in-transit travellers kill time between their flights.

raylondoner

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Guest
There's a sex shop airside - prob best bet as city is too far.

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
Years ago, I recall reading somewhere that there was a knocking shop within the Airport Terminal.

Maybe it was this report?
External Link/Members Only
The annoying thing was at the end of the article...
"Flying through Amsterdam but not interested in the sex trade? Check out our guide to layovers at Schiphol Airport."
Duh -- we only googled the article to find out about sex....

I imagine it may have been an imaginative bit of reporting if not a wind-up. An hour and a half is about a normal transfer time anyway. You'd have more luck trying to get a mile-high on your connecting flight.

Funny enough, the same question just appeared on the ISG Amsterdam site. It looked even silier there...  :hi:

Ben4454

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Guest

I would pick up a book like Astro physics or a philosophy book I recommened 'Think' by Simon Blackburn. This is what I would do with a layover like that.

Offline Jerboa

I would pick up a book like Astro physics or a philosophy book I recommened 'Think' by Simon Blackburn. This is what I would do with a layover like that.

Or do what I did last month, sit in the gate drinking Jack Daniels with two female 6ft Slovak basketball players.  :D

Ben4454

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Guest
Or do what I did last month, sit in the gate drinking Jack Daniels with two female 6ft Slovak basketball players.  :D

Did you get a slam dunk?

Offline jimgooooo

Or do what I did last month, sit in the gate drinking Jack Daniels with two female 6ft Slovak basketball players.  :D

sounds like a plan :drinks:

Offline jimgooooo


Funny enough, the same question just appeared on the ISG Amsterdam site. It looked even silier there...  :hi:

it wasn't me that put that there!!!!

Maybe it was this report?
External Link/Members Only
The annoying thing was at the end of the article...
"Flying through Amsterdam but not interested in the sex trade? Check out our guide to layovers at Schiphol Airport."
Duh -- we only googled the article to find out about sex....



ive read a few simalarly worded articles just with a bit more info, apparently depending on the required service they either tkae you to the toilets or to the micro hotel rooms/shower rooms to do the business. not sure i like the idea tbh as its akin to using a SW :vomit:

Offline Marmalade

  • Age Check : 18+
  • Forum Helper
  • ****
  • Posts: 12,778
  • Likes: 37
  •  
  • Reviews: 58
it wasn't me that put that there!!!!

ive read a few simalarly worded articles just with a bit more info, apparently depending on the required service they either tkae you to the toilets or to the micro hotel rooms/shower rooms to do the business. not sure i like the idea tbh as its akin to using a SW :vomit:

I suppose it might depend how horny one was and how much one is willing to pay. I'd fancy it once just for the investigative experience. But Schipol is fairly fucking huge, so more clues needed. I'm sure there must be prosdies en route up for it.

Bear in mind if you don't have shower facilities you might spend the next 8 hrs on a plane honking!