Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: "Soliciting by sex workers should not be a crime, MPs say"  (Read 2168 times)

Offline mf_1101

Latest media diverge into our favourite hobby - Seen this on the Beeb - External Link/Members Only

- Some promising stuff, no chance of it being enacted upon in this current political climate.

Another load of stats from the Home Affairs Select committee:

Around 11% of British men aged 16-74 have paid for sex on at least one occasion - that's 2.3m people
The number of sex workers in the UK is estimated to be around 72,800, with about 32,000 working in London
Sex workers have an average of 25 clients per week paying an average of £78 per visit
In 2014-15, there were 456 prosecutions of sex workers for loitering and soliciting
An estimated 152 sex workers were murdered between 1990 and 2015
There were 1,139 victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation in 2014 and 248 in April to June 2015 (following the implementation of the Modern Slavery Act 2015)
In 1999, Sweden became the first country to introduce a model which criminalised buying sex - but not selling it

Love to know where they get their figures from.

Offline momochan

You do know that 68% of statistics are made up ! Oh , you ask how I know ?  cos I just made it up  :cool:

SUMO61

This is to prepare for the thousands of British women who will need to take to whoring, to feed the family, as the result of our crashed economy. Expect prices to fall to a couple of quid or a potato...

Offline smiths

The Home Affairs Select Committee is made up of MPs from different parties and its good they have said this in my view. The Home Office said it would carefully consider the recommendations.

weedougie

This is to prepare for the thousands of British women who will need to take to whoring, to feed the family, as the result of our crashed economy. Expect prices to fall to a couple of quid or a potato...

Happy days - I've got a potato patch....

Online Blackpool Rock

Happy days - I've got a potato patch....
Give em yer love spuds  :yahoo:

Offline Agent W

A bit of sanity at last. Especially since Northern Ireland and (of all places) France have recently banned the purchase of sex.

How about we have a referendum on it?

bobbles1945

The good thing is that they pretty roundly reject the "Sex buyers law" aka Swedish model-although this is an interim report.

It is interim because they think the data on which to make a further judgment is so poor and coloured by prejudice-they want to collect more evidence-especially from regimes where prostitution is decriminalized (such as New Zealand). However the home Office made such a hash of it in "Paying the Price" that I would not trust them to make a good job of it.

Diehard

Who gives a fuck if it's legal or not, I doubt any of us would stop looking for hookers. Nobody likes being told what to do.

Offline Marmalade

"Around 11% of British men aged 16-74 have paid for sex on at least one occasion" so a rough reckoning that means about 50 MPs.  :cool:

Offline S.X. MacHine

Well now, that's a surprise. An overdue dose of British common sense from our rulers! A strong recommendation from the Home Affairs Select Committee to the Home Office to immediately consider abolishing soliciting as a criminal offence; to abolish brothel keeping as a criminal offence (unless it involves exploitation); to cancel the criminal records of WGs for previous soliciting.
Radical.
The feminazis' 'SwedishModel' gets no support. Yay! So England & Wales won't be going down the Northern Ireland route.
The New Zealand law of 2003 was praised I.e. legal small brothels.
Two things. This is an interim report, so some things may change. As it does not relate to Scotland, those of us (Marmalade; and me) who punt in Edinburgh won't benefit. But then, we have 'saunas' which are tolerated.

Online Blackpool Rock

"Around 11% of British men aged 16-74 have paid for sex on at least one occasion" so a rough reckoning that means about 50 MPs.  :cool:
Clearly some professions will have a much larger % and with MP's it's probably more like 50 who haven't seen a prossie

Roulette

Agree with 2 out the 3 anyway.

In these days of housing shortages and HMOs I think prossies should be able to share a flat and not fear prosecution. I can see the other side of it as I can see living beside a prossie flat would be bad (unless they're hot). On balance it's too officious to try and stop it.

Also agree previous convictions shouldn't hang over them.

Don't see where they're going with the soliciting thing. Do we really want red light pick up zones? Maybe I do, but not in residential areas. Trouble is police are too over stretched to provide security and they're not going to let pimps provide security either. Doesn't work.

raylondoner

I think it should be a crime under certain circumstances.

Sure, normal advertising is OK, and that includes AW and various other pieces of media, but we cannot allow something along the lines of the cunts that legally and continually call about PPI! Imagine, the phone rings and the sexy voice at the other end says something like "hello, is that Mr Londoner, my name is Summer and I have a special offer tonight for naughty boys just like you - tonight you can fuck me for just £100 ph and no extras".

Extreme I admit but we have to have some laws around soliciting.  :hi:

Ben4454

I think it should be a crime under certain circumstances.

Sure, normal advertising is OK, and that includes AW and various other pieces of media, but we cannot allow something along the lines of the cunts that legally and continually call about PPI! Imagine, the phone rings and the sexy voice at the other end says something like "hello, is that Mr Londoner, my name is Summer and I have a special offer tonight for naughty boys just like you - tonight you can fuck me for just £100 ph and no extras".

Extreme I admit but we have to have some laws around soliciting.  :hi:

Is Summer Sexy resorting to cold calling now? To Brush off her dusty fanny and phone  :sarcastic:

Swansea lad

Its probably higher amongst them, they have a good income and a lot of time away, so more opportunity than your average guy.

Offline backofthenet

question on soliciting - if a regular contacts you through adultwork (or even through text) suggesting a meetup sometime soon is that not soliciting? Or does she have to specifically suggest paying for sex?

Just curious where the illegality starts...

Offline Sir Lance-a-lot

I think it has to be "in a public place" to be illegal.  She'd have to be a nuisance to prudish citizens.

Same with kerb-crawling.  If you stop your car in the street and pick up a WG, that's not illegal if it was arranged beforehand.  It's only a crime if you're out searching for whoever you can find.

Offline backofthenet

I think it has to be "in a public place" to be illegal.  She'd have to be a nuisance to prudish citizens.

Same with kerb-crawling.  If you stop your car in the street and pick up a WG, that's not illegal if it was arranged beforehand.  It's only a crime if you're out searching for whoever you can find.

got you - cheers

Offline shagmore

If it was made legal, think of the additional revenue this would bring in to the government, the number of people in work would rise, would be good for the whole economy

Also would mean the cops would be able to concentrate on solving proper hardened crimes and not trivial stuff.

So a win win situation. You can then say you are going out to help the economy by going for a punt

:thumbsup:

Offline Jimmyredcab

This is to prepare for the thousands of British women who will need to take to whoring, to feed the family, as the result of our crashed economy.

The economy is not going to crash, we will soon be free from the shackles of Europe, free to trade with the World, this country has a very bright future.    :drinks:

faggins

"paying an average of £78 per visit"

Wish I could get it down to that average...  :D