Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Shepherd Market in Mayfair?  (Read 28852 times)

Offline Boomerang Man

Is Stanhope Row still there? You know the door number?
I don't remember the door number. What I do remember is the door to the walkup was tucked in the corner where the road turns a sharp 90 degrees

Offline ralhar

brazilian elana is monday to wednesday, thursday and friday used to be "spanish" (latin not romanian) isobella who was arguably more attractive (more glamerous and definately exotic) than the other 2 with same good level of service... but i'm not sure if she's still on the scene (would be good to verify this)... saturday and sunday is bulgarian (berwick st) elana... not sure when they open at the weekends but it can be late on a sunday at least because they stay late saturday night... ive been there at 4pm on a sunday before and found them closed... usually open earlier though...

stanhope got busted when market mews got busted... i think it was the russian mobs HQ... been boarded up for years... its the door right in the corner...

Offline Full Moon

brazilian elana is monday to wednesday, thursday and friday used to be "spanish" (latin not romanian) isobella who was arguably more attractive (more glamerous and definately exotic) than the other 2 with same good level of service... but i'm not sure if she's still on the scene (would be good to verify this)... saturday and sunday is bulgarian (berwick st) elana... not sure when they open at the weekends but it can be late on a sunday at least because they stay late saturday night... ive been there at 4pm on a sunday before and found them closed... usually open earlier though...

stanhope got busted when market mews got busted... i think it was the russian mobs HQ... been boarded up for years... its the door right in the corner...

Appreciate this :thumbsup:

bigben911

What are the prices like? And would you recommend Mayfair over soho?

Offline ralhar

£60 for 20 minutes which some girls say is blow job and 1 position only... £80 for half an hour... yes would recommend over soho if you don't mind paying because the rooms are bigger more private and generally nicer... no queues on the stairs or punters coming and going...

Offline Titti Tatti

Thanks for the info.  I haven't been in the area for years but my curiosity is piqued.  I thought the name preferred to an area.

Can I clarify. The 3 flats nos 30 (2 flats) and 50a are in the actual st named Sheperd Market?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:42:05 am by Titti Tatti »

Offline JohnWaynesJism

Cheers Ralhar  :thumbsup:

Offline ralhar

Thanks for the info.  I haven't been in the area for years but my curiosity is piqued.  I thought the name preferred to an area.

Can I clarify. The 3 flats nos 30 (2 flats) and 50a are in the actual st named Sheperd Market?

i didnt know there was a street called shepherd market... It usually refers to the general enclave I thought... but its less distinct as a neighborhood now i think... 50a is in the square by the phone box... from there head towards white horse street and 30 is tucked among the cafes and restaurants.

Offline ralhar

Cheers Ralhar  :thumbsup:

no probs... feel free to verify thursday and friday at 50a or any of 30's rota..

Offline bukowski

great read this thread.

i have a few small of memories

- i only went once for actual service (had dinner in various places there many times tough) and saw a older french (?) lady the room was properly bordello - like and i was very pleased with the rather Victorian gilt and velvet styling - service was ok i think (can barely remember) but i was most happy that i had the experience that so many had shared for literally hundreds of years before me. In fact in the major biography of Casanova's life i'm sure it's mentioned he visited the place around 1760. I can't find my copy of the book at the moment.

- another time I also got picked up by a very pretty posh young girl driving about in a mini as i was trawling around the back of the Hilton about 11 or so one night. she was clearly `freelancing` judging by the quality of her clothes and we went over to Hyde Park and parked in the cafe car park round where Diana's memorial now is. She gave me a fantastic blow job in her car and swallowed the lot saying she loved the protein. We then got flashed by a car that turned out to be the police. they came over to see what we were doing and told us the gates to the road were now shut and we'd have to follow them to be let out. really wished i'd taken her number but was too flustered. she was stunning and smelled delicious.

- another time i got picked up by a black girl in a car by the Hilton also (not pretty but fantastic body) and we fucked in the underground carpark on Park Lane surrounded by Rollers and Ferraris in storage under covers - some with the dust of several years on them. bit surreal. She was very into it though and it was great full on sweaty tongue twirling sex. After she said did i want to go to a party and we went to a house on Green St (? leading to Park Lane) which was stripped empty (like it was used as an office and the occupants had just moved out). In the main room downstairs there was a crummy bar made from scrap timber and bits and bobs serving cans of beer and spirits. very makeshift. the lights were on full on there were about only about 20 people there, one of whom i recognized as the guy who either owned or ran the Capricorn club. Generally soho book shop and bank robber types and so on. We had a drink and chatted a bit and then i went to the toilets (which now i recall were indeed set up like office loos with many stalls). anyway, there were a couple of them occupied with by couples fucking (whores and punters i presumed) and a few people scoring coke by the sinks

this was the days when late night drinking didn't exist and there were lots of `drinkers` like this where there seemed to be no need to make any effort to make the place comfy.

I think i went to a couple of flats around there too at various times (not actually in the market) but funnily enough i can't actually remember much about those other than fuzzy bits and pieces like what the front door looked like and the sort of carpet they had up the stairs...then nothing...ha

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:49:45 am by bukowski »
Banned reason: No reviews in 5 years, refuses to explain when asked, fair enough
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Mr Farkyhars

i didnt know there was a street called shepherd market... It usually refers to the general enclave I thought... but its less distinct as a neighborhood now i think... 50a is in the square by the phone box... from there head towards white horse street and 30 is tucked among the cafes and restaurants.

Yes, Shepherd Market is a street, albeit an unconventionally shaped one - I think the numbers go in a circle around the pedestrianised bit, and include all the shops and restaurants as well.

Offline stevebarry

I used to go to the area many years ago,when there were loads of walk-ups.I saw Porscha a few times.Lovely looking young English girl,great personality & a truly fantastic pair of massive fake tits.I recall a lady who used to drive around there in a green old type of army land rover.I saw her around Berwick St in Soho quite often.She was a biggish lady.I also used to pop into the walk up on Trebeck St.There was an older Thai(?) lady there with huge natural tits.There were black maids there sometimes,but I always got the feeling that something wasn't 'quite right 'about that place.I found the area to be better than Soho,less people so you didn't have long to wait,safer & the girls better,although more expensive than Soho.It's a crying shame that such a fantastic place with loads of walk ups is now a shadow of itself.
Banned reason: No reviews in 7 years, only interested in strip clubs.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline ralhar

thanks for you replies...

@ ivybridge - great post, what kind of year are we looking at for your memories? I'm guessing 80's or maybe earlier? early to mid 90's latest...

on the subject as shepherd market as a street, this jogged a couple of memories... shepherd street runs parallel with picadilly with white horse street to the east and park lane / hyde park to the west and that little arch way... there used to be that walk up by the taxi rank but there were also brothels in the mews houses up by the arch way... i remember using a phone box on park lane really late one night and being given directions to a really swanky little mews house and being shown a line up of 6 or 7 girls... they each said their names apart from one really sexy little dark haired, olive skinned thing in nice red lingerie who just looked at me like "fuck you theakston"... i presumed she didnt want to be chosen (charming) and i chose a gorgeous blonde girl wearing denim cut off hot pants, called "sky" who was lithuanian or something... the maid / madam was a scary northern hussie who took my money and sent the girl back in after the deal was done... a wet blanket of a punt and I kept stopping in alert because of loads of commotion and activity on the stairs and outside the bedroom door... as if somebody was about to burst in... I remember walking home thinking it was the kind of place you read about and regretting the whole thing...

when the walk ups weren't of interest for what ever reason the phone boxes had potential... but it could always be a pain and cost a couple of quid, ringing round (the whole time looking furtively over your shoulder in case anyone is looking) just to be directed to somewhere the other side of town...

but there was one card that always said "genuine photo" (yeah right) and "shepherd market" on it... I called it once from near the alley way up by berkley square that has loads of cafes etc... a distant voice with strange accent told me to go to number "xx shepherd market"... this was in the day time and the number happened to be the same as the trebeck street walk up so I presumed this must be it and I knew from previous late night excursions that the venue was a bit iffy but decided to have a snoop, anyway I was half up the stairs when i bumped into a haggered looking looking english brass putting up a sign "gorgeous young slim brunette" (or something) so i asked this middle aged bag of hammers what the girl was like and she replied very abruptly that the "girl" was her... so I said something like "I'll be back in a minute" and about turned... out on the street I made a mental note note to never try that card again thinking it was just marketing for the trebeck st joint... anyway, later on that card was a common sight in the local phone boxes and late one night I was making my way towards rose's walk up to see what was on the menu and cut through one of those tiny little walk ways that connects the square to shepherd street and saw a door open that I had never seen before... there was a very crude (even by walk up standards) hand written sign that just said "girls" with an arrow pointing in... how could I resist... as I entered I noticed the number "xx shepherd market" and realised that it coincidently had the same number as trebeck street and I had gone to the wrong place before... so up the stairs I went and was let in by a mysterious african girl who was all grins and over the top with her graciousness and showed me straight into this strange little room that looked like a DIY conservatory in somebodies council house... it had a clear glass door with a curtain on the outside and an ensuite... one by one 4 or 5 girls came in and shook my hand and told me their name... all fake smiles and over the top eye contact... I chose a cute submissive "japanese" girl called "yoko" (yeah I know)... she looked a picture in poka dot lingerie complete with suspenders and poka dot stockings and had a cracking backside on her... as soon as she came back she headed straight for the ensuite and I could hear her racking up and snorting... I frantically tapped on the door and hissed for her to bloody well give me a line... she said she didnt have enough (bitch) but proceeded with a great service (we were both fucked, LOL)... anyway we were about half way through and I was doggy styling her when i noticed some feet under the curtain that was covering up the outside of the glass door... fucking hell... i looked further up and saw a beady eye watching the action through the gap where the curtains pull together... I freaked... the gap snapped closed and the feet disappeared... I stopped the action, thinking it was the african maid and miss theakston was all like "whaaa wrooong babeeee?" I explained the situation not sure what to do... and the girl was very apologetic but we lost the moment and I decided to cut the punt short... miss theakston explained that if I come back i should ask for another room where we could secure the perimeter... but she also explained that we could meet up and party... she could bring "supplies"... great idea... she scribbled her number on a piece of paper with her make up pencil... I lost the number before I even got home but I saw her sometime after in her civvies walking through the neiboorhood but she didnt see me... she was carrying a designer handbag, wearing 501's and looking looking cute with her backside following her around...  anyway after that I never saw the sign up again but did decide to try the card... the african girl gave me the same vague directions but this time I knew where to go... they must have lost a certain amount of trade to trebeck street I reckon... this time "yoko" wasn't there but I chose a really nice albanian girl and specified a different room, the african girl gave me a knowing look and sent me up stairs to a similar DIY job but the wall was partitioned with thick frosted tiles / slabs that you can only see a blurry outline through and you would have to come right up the stairs and i could see if anyone was there so it felt safer... nice punt with the albanian... sprayed her with hot stuff to finish... then we got chatting... we took too long and heard footsteps on the stairs... a mans blurry figure appeared on the other side of the glass, made a deliberate show of looking at each of us and banged on the door slow and hard, he disappeared down the stairs again killing the mood... the girl looked mortified and I realised this was the cunt who had been spying on me that time...

I never went back and never saw the sign again.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:17:13 pm by ralhar »

Offline ralhar

Offline bukowski

thanks for you replies...

@ ivybridge - great post, what kind of year are we looking at for your memories? I'm guessing 80's or maybe earlier? early to mid 90's latest...

cheers ralhar

i enjoyed yours too

hmmm the time frame is a bit stretched on those recollections

now that i think of it, the posh blow job freelance girl might be the earliest event, i'd say around 30 years ago now so 85-88 - ish

the bordello type place visit was maybe closer to 90-92

and the black girl in the car park followed by drinks in the empty office/house was round 97-98 ish

i just remembered also that the last time i saw any action in shepherd market I had a bird shit on me

but that was me sitting outside having lunch and it was a pidgeon with a tummy upset - sounds funny but actually quite humiliating - true story
Banned reason: No reviews in 5 years, refuses to explain when asked, fair enough

Offline ralhar

the bordello sounds like it may have been 50a which was only recently decorated (by brasilian elena i think  but could be wrong)... it really was like some kind of museum piece until just a few years ago... like some historical place of interest that had been preserved for the sake of history... i always meant to get a picture... it was just how you would imagine a french whorehouse in the centre of london...

until the credit crunch it was run by an ancient french brass but the girls could turn up from anywhere by the time i started visiting around 2002 + 

after the credit crunch and all the local shag houses started closing the french maid / madam disappeared and the place seemed to change hands as did most of them... when i first visited elena she reckoned the decor was around 100 years old and said she was going to do it up...

how much did you pay for the suck and swallow off the posh girl?

Offline bukowski

the bordello sounds like it may have been 50a which was only recently decorated (by brasilian elena i think  but could be wrong)... it really was like some kind of museum piece until just a few years ago... like some historical place of interest that had been preserved for the sake of history... i always meant to get a picture... it was just how you would imagine a french whorehouse in the centre of london...

until the credit crunch it was run by an ancient french brass but the girls could turn up from anywhere by the time i started visiting around 2002 + 

after the credit crunch and all the local shag houses started closing the french maid / madam disappeared and the place seemed to change hands as did most of them... when i first visited elena she reckoned the decor was around 100 years old and said she was going to do it up...

how much did you pay for the suck and swallow off the posh girl?

that sounds like i remember it being for sure

makes me rather sad now thinking it's gone, - glad i had the chance though

posh girl price

hard to tell as my memory is a bit blurry
when i thought about it yesterday the number 50 keeps floating into mind
but when i think today the number 80 kind of hovers though that sounds a rather high number for those days

to be honest a lot of my memories are a bit merged and intermingled now but i think (reasonably confidently) it was around £50

Offline ralhar

LOL yeah fair enough... the price of a punt 30 years ago is probably quite hard to remember.

this ex soho hooker turned up on another forum once and she was really shocked that I remembered her from 1997 and could even remember the details of the punt...

Offline bukowski

LOL yeah fair enough... the price of a punt 30 years ago is probably quite hard to remember.

this ex soho hooker turned up on another forum once and she was really shocked that I remembered her from 1997 and could even remember the details of the punt...

ok here's a quick slightly related blurry memory anecdote

i once went to Edinburgh for business and in the afternoon popped into a massage parlour and had a fabulous session with a young slim/skinny freckly redhead
almost model pretty and a bit of a hard body too

massage got steamy and opted for hand relief which also got quite steamy leading to an agreement that I'd call the parlor when she got off at 10 for her to come to my hotel for a full service (full service was strictly forbid in that place) . as the massage clean up went on she gave me some datails about her recently split BF who was she claimed a full on drug dealer king pin head case.

i was busy with business the rest of the day and when i got to the time to ring her i kept thinking about her BF story and I chickened out thinking this has a bad smell about it. then about an hour later my little friend got the better of me and i rang the parlor only to find she had been hanging about and got in a massive rage about me not ringing and stormed off. regretted it and felt relieved in equal portions.

about 10 years later i go to a little hostess bar in Denman st soho. funny place was always empty whenever i went. chatted to a very pretty scottish redhead who claimed to be working days as a barclays new business manager and powering through the nights making extra dough in the club. to put her kid through a posh school she said. had to buy two bottles of champagne to take her out was the club rule and so i said i wasnt up for that kind of outlay. she slipped me her phone number and said we'd work something out direct.

anyways a few days later i arranged for her to come to my place one afternoon. had a great time and was mostly memorable for her asking to be fucked up the baked plum first so she could come quick then I could do whatever i wanted to her. after i had indeed fucked her anally and she had as predicted come quick i started to doggy her (normally) and she amusingly started to get chatty as i banged away telling me about her ex BF (and baby father) who was working on nuclear submarines up in Faslane who was a bit nuts and wanted her to go back up to scotland when the light bulb went on in my head. only the the same bloody woman as 10 years before.

i never twigged till she started giving me details in the same talking style.

my memory is sometimes good - sometimes iffy

Offline Horizontal pleasures

ok here's a quick slightly related blurry memory anecdote

i once went to Edinburgh for business and in the afternoon popped into a massage parlour and had a fabulous session with a young slim/skinny freckly redhead
almost model pretty and a bit of a hard body too

massage got steamy and opted for hand relief which also got quite steamy leading to an agreement that I'd call the parlor when she got off at 10 for her to come to my hotel for a full service (full service was strictly forbid in that place) . as the massage clean up went on she gave me some datails about her recently split BF who was she claimed a full on drug dealer king pin head case.

i was busy with business the rest of the day and when i got to the time to ring her i kept thinking about her BF story and I chickened out thinking this has a bad smell about it. then about an hour later my little friend got the better of me and i rang the parlor only to find she had been hanging about and got in a massive rage about me not ringing and stormed off. regretted it and felt relieved in equal portions.

about 10 years later i go to a little hostess bar in Denman st soho. funny place was always empty whenever i went. chatted to a very pretty scottish redhead who claimed to be working days as a barclays new business manager and powering through the nights making extra dough in the club. to put her kid through a posh school she said. had to buy two bottles of champagne to take her out was the club rule and so i said i wasnt up for that kind of outlay. she slipped me her phone number and said we'd work something out direct.

anyways a few days later i arranged for her to come to my place one afternoon. had a great time and was mostly memorable for her asking to be fucked up the baked plum first so she could come quick then I could do whatever i wanted to her. after i had indeed fucked her anally and she had as predicted come quick i started to doggy her (normally) and she amusingly started to get chatty as i banged away telling me about her ex BF (and baby father) who was working on nuclear submarines up in Faslane who was a bit nuts and wanted her to go back up to scotland when the light bulb went on in my head. only the the same bloody woman as 10 years before.

i never twigged till she started giving me details in the same talking style.

my memory is sometimes good - sometimes iffy

Edinburgh is in Scotland
Denman Street is in Soho
you know that
so why mention them in this thread about Shepherd Market when there is a Scottish page ans a Soho Walkup thread?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:40:49 pm by Horizontal pleasures »

Offline Titti Tatti

Edinburgh is in Scotland
Denman Street is in Soho
you know that
so why mention them in this thread about Shepherd Market when there is a Scottish page ans a Soho Walkup thread?

A bit tetchy aren't we?  Are you going to call out ralhar too? His story in post above is about Soho and this is a follow-up.

An interesting story told we'll.

Offline bukowski

Edinburgh is in Scotland
Denman Street is in Soho
you know that

well i appreciate that folks want to keep things on track and within topic but threads are conversations too and one thing leads on to the next
i just thought it was maybe relevant in terms of the conversational direction

in fact i'm not sure now what thread i should have put my story into now
it started in Scotland
finessed in Soho
and didn't involve a walk up

anyhoo, i'll try not to ramble next time

Offline ralhar

LOL - there was actually a "coincidence" thread for that sort of thing I think...

funnily enough the coincidence post I made in that thread was shepherd market related - I started a new job and there was one of my punts working there... and I dont even live in london.

I'll tell it again here at some point but I've had a couple of beers and don't want to mess it up.

Offline Slartysmith

Again looking back over 20 years or so some of the flats in Market Mews advertised a minimum price of £50.  There was a great lady in one of them called June who went out on patrol to reel in passers-by when business got slack.

There were also a couple of doorways in Stanhope Row which led into a warren of flats.  At least one of them now has a discreet sign outside saying 'private house'.

Then there were the flats and girls in Shepherd market itself, particularly by the square with the phone box.

But what really frightened me away was the flat in Trebeck St.  I was let in by an old hag of a maid, or so I thought.  It eventually became obvious that there was no maid...  Time for a swift exit.

Offline Hantsman2

ive heard some really interesting stuff about those days... ive heard there were walk ups all over the market  area... and ive heard about the high class street walkers all around mayfair... even up at that big square where the rolls royce salesroom is... ive even heard about girls going round in cars picking punters up... report back in april and let us know how you get on... i might go and see elena soon myself... thanks for a good thread.

Yes the high class street walkers in Berkeley Square ( you refer to the Jack Barclay RR showroom) may still be around.
I was chatting to a chum outside Jack Barclay last summer early evening and this delightful 40 year old suddenly joined the conversation as we all three admired cars that we couldn't afford. She wasn't pushy and indeed said she ran a small gallery nearby. It was a delightful 20 minutes in the early evening sun.

Offline ralhar

Yes the high class street walkers in Berkeley Square ( you refer to the Jack Barclay RR showroom) may still be around.
I was chatting to a chum outside Jack Barclay last summer early evening and this delightful 40 year old suddenly joined the conversation as we all three admired cars that we couldn't afford. She wasn't pushy and indeed said she ran a small gallery nearby. It was a delightful 20 minutes in the early evening sun.

so was she a hooker?

Offline ralhar

on the subject of trebeck st... yeah it was well spooky... as soon as you stepped in it felt eerie... like walking into a haunted house... I reckon it was a base for all kinds of nefarious activity and pimping out oriental girls was just one of them... those middle age black women that used to run the place were up to all kinds of things... they used to go out on the streets of mayfair and use elaborate begging tactics to fleece well heeled passers by....

they would go out and find a good spot and pull stunts like sitting in the gutter sobbing uncontrollably... then wait for some suckers attention and say they didnt have the money get home to brixton etc

i tried that umiko once on the first floor, maybe around 2012... i was old enough to know better than to go there but I was "jamie theakston" and she looked saucy in her specs with blonde hair... i think she was a bit suspicous of me (jamie theakston) and must have said something to the maid / madam because i sent her off for some fishnets but after 5 minutes the maid came bursting in... i reckon she was trying to catch me racking up so she could try and extract some more cash or maybe kick me out without a service... the joke was on her though because I was naked on the bed waiting for my service, LOL... of course it turned out to be one of those nightmare punts that you just want over as soon as it starts... definately the spookiest walk up that place... i bet some strange things went on there...

Offline Hantsman2

so was she a hooker?
We never found out but the answer is very possibly

Offline Boomerang Man

Ralhar, i remember the Trebeck Street walkup from the 1990s. I think there were 2 flats by memory but I very definitely remember a busty Indian lady (mature with big hooters) who gave a nice prostate massage and hand job. Facially she was quite attractive. Does she ring any bells with anyone in the naughty 90s?

Offline ralhar

We never found out but the answer is very possibly

LOL

dude... that is one wild story...

Offline ralhar

Ralhar, i remember the Trebeck Street walkup from the 1990s. I think there were 2 flats by memory but I very definitely remember a busty Indian lady (mature with big hooters) who gave a nice prostate massage and hand job. Facially she was quite attractive. Does she ring any bells with anyone in the naughty 90s?

there were 2 flats but I never heard of an indian lady there but apart from the occasional bit of window shopping, the 90's was before my time really for shepherd market... there was a thai called naiko on the top floor who i think smiths referred to... she was there (or at least a sign with her name on was there) for at least 10 years (no exaggeration) every time i went past what ever time of day...

I am totally disappointed except I did enjoy the film. The film was at the Curzon in Shaftesbury Avenue - I never knew that the Mayfair one had partners. And missus HP came along to see the film also. So I never got to Shepherd Market. It is still on my HL for another time.

Offline ralhar

at least you started a great thread...

maybe you can go to 50A on a thursday or a friday and find out who's working...

Offline Moneyd

Excuse the stupid questions to follow but I've never done a walk up.

It 50a the door next to the popular bookie on Shepherd Market?

Is it a knock on the door and wait to be let in set up?

Any idea on prices in there now days?

Cheers

Offline ralhar

I can't remember where the bookies is... 50a is next to the phone box...

shepherd market is more expensive than Soho... i usually stay for half an hour which is £80... OW and sex with positions.

I think £60 will get you 20 minutes which is OW sex in 1 position (according to some girls)... I guess a blow job or a wank is £50 or £60 but im not sure...

good luck and remember to report back.

Offline Malvolio

Excuse the stupid questions to follow but I've never done a walk up.

It 50a the door next to the popular bookie on Shepherd Market?

Is it a knock on the door and wait to be let in set up?

Any idea on prices in there now days?

Cheers

To spot a walkup, look for an open doorway with some stairs - there will be a sign saying 'models' and perhaps another saying who is working today.  Walk up the stairs and knock on the door - the maid (helper / security for the WG) will open the door and either let you in or tell you the WG is seeing a client at the moment and ask you to come back in a bit.

Once you're shown into the room with the bed, the WG will join you.  At this point you establish the price for what you want and pay - but it's important to remember that if you don't like the look of the WG you can just make your excuses and leave without paying any cash.  It's also customary to give a tip of £2 to the maid.

To spot a walkup, look for an open doorway with some stairs - there will be a sign saying 'models' and perhaps another saying who is working today.  Walk up the stairs and knock on the door - the maid (helper / security for the WG) will open the door and either let you in or tell you the WG is seeing a client at the moment and ask you to come back in a bit.

Once you're shown into the room with the bed, the WG will join you.  At this point you establish the price for what you want and pay - but it's important to remember that if you don't like the look of the WG you can just make your excuses and leave without paying any cash.  It's also customary to give a tip of £2 to the maid.

Well done Malvolio, it sounds like the process has not changed in over 50 years! Does the lady still come with a bowl of warm soapy water to wash your schlong?

Offline joe diddley

Well done Malvolio, it sounds like the process has not changed in over 50 years! Does the lady still come with a bowl of warm soapy water to wash your schlong?

From what I know of the similar Soho scene, HP, this rather quaint custom has disappeared along with the associated OWO. Lily, the 60 year old French woman at 8 Greek Street in Soho, will, however, still wash your willy at the sink at the end of the session, a throwback to an otherwise long gone era.

Offline Mr Farkyhars

It's also customary to give a tip of £2 to the maid

At Soho, yes - but is it the same at Shepherd Market, or is the tip higher along with the service price?

Offline ralhar

you never used to get asked for a tip at shepherd market... they way they worked was different to Soho... they used to work on a % taken split between the girl and the house with a cut for the maid... it was so relaxed down there for a bit that some girls would happily work without a maid to get the extra uplift... a democratic situation on the face of it but i heard stories about some quite unfair % arrangements at certain places... however, generally speaking the system did seem to work better for most girls than the extortionate daily rents down in Soho... where girls can and do go home empty handed after a hard days humping.

However, these days Elenor asks me for a fiver(!)

"you have some five pound tiiip for my lady pleeeeease???"

LOL I usually give her a couple of quid but sometimes fork out if I'm feeling flush and I do like her "lady" they always treat me well so it's not a problem... I'm not sure if she saves this routine for me or if everyone gets the same treatment?

I don't know about the other place?

I would say if you get asked but dont have it don't worry just politely explain.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:02:30 pm by ralhar »

Offline joe diddley

We should try and keep the tips down to the customary £2 in Soho and, I guess, Shepherd Market if applicable. If the tips go up, the maids' knocks on the door will get more frequent and urgent.

Offline ralhar

i see it the other way actually in this case... the tip (which is proportionate to the fee) ensures the door doesn't get knocked. Anyway, like I said, I don't think it's an obligation more a case of them being cheeky with me.

Offline ralhar

doors don't really get knocked in shepherd market either... its not like soho.

Offline Malvolio

At Soho, yes - but is it the same at Shepherd Market, or is the tip higher along with the service price?

When I punted there I always paid £2 - it has been a few years since my last visit, but at that time it cost £60 for 20 minutes with the WG.  As that price appears to be unaltered I think the tip will still be £2.

Offline joe diddley

My moderately extensive experience of Soho is that it is invariably £2 that is expected (though one or two will try it on for £4 or £5) regardless of the amount of time spent, though generally 20 minutes is my maximum with most girls. I guess it might be different for hour long sessions but I've never had one of those to be honest.

Online Running Man

I also have a soft spot for this neighborhood...

But it's all but dead unfortunately... 2 walk ups (3 rooms) just about hanging on, but only just... you have #30 (squeezed in amongst the cafe's and restaurants) first floor is still oriental / "thai" and the second floor is EE... I visited the first floor in august bank holiday but walked because she was past her sell by date then had a disappointing punt with a polish blonde on the second floor, i forget her name but spotted her on the second floor of 2 greens court recently... she turns up in soho occasionally as cover i think... so next to nothing known about this venue and the rota... almost zero reporting... however it always was mysterious down there wasn't it...

the only other room left is 50a which we have a bit more information on... last I heard (confirmed by myself maybe a year ago) Monday to Wednesday is Elaina (note the spelling), a nice mid to late 20's brazilian brunnette... good service, a bit eccentric and interesting chat... she used to found in Soho a few years back (greek street dives) but not any more... Saturday and Sunday is Elena... popular "hungarian" (bulgarian?) well known from soho (70A berwick) weekdays... good service petite brunnette mid to late 20's... a bit of a "sweetheart"... gets fucking booked for hours at a time which can be very annoying...

my era was early to mid 00's when it was still thriving... my "jamie theakston" times... late night adventures... it was so atmospheric and surreal down there... the "eerie Indiana" of red light districts... i will never forget the excitement of coming up white horse street at 4am and seeing all the redlights in the windows...

back then there would be at least 20 girls working out of walk ups all over the neighborhood but also loads of phone box joints and brothels as well... some of the brothels would open their front doors late at night and put a sign up to catch passing trade if business was quiet... it was all so relaxed and just tolerated by the neighborhood... it was all just part of the scene, there was even a strip club down there...

when i first started going there, some of the girls would work alone without a maid, thats how cool it was...

but then after a few years the mood changed... there were some robberies and then some russian gangsters moved in and started taking over control of the rooms... then there was a blackmail attempt on someone famous and all the rooms in market mews got busted and closed down...

then around 2007 / 8 westminster council and the anti whore brigade started a very aggressive campaign in both soho and shepherd market... some of the rooms in shepherd market went to court and won the right to stay open... interestingly, they were backed by many of the local businesses... the council couldnt take it and started putting signs up "brothels operating in this area" and sent loads of foot patrol coppers to hang around... all designed to intimidate punters...

but then the real knock out punch was the banking crisis... as you can imagine it hit the whole area hard not just the walk ups but the whole of mayfair went quite for a long time... loads of retail businesses closed down and the walk ups simply never bounced back... the areas star performers at the time (katerina / porsha et al) were coming up for retirement anyway so they called it quits so then you had no real talent to attract the punters back...the changing face of punting (internet) swiped a lot of that west end trade so by the time the economy recovered the game had changed and the walk ups didnt survive... one by one they quietly closed their doors...

I've got stories for days about shepherd market... I knew so many girls down there...

"french girls / ladies" is before my time and pre 90's i think? in the film "the kings speech" they make a joke about french girls and shepherd market and thats pre WW2 i think? there was a famous "french lessons" sign in curzon street in the 60's...

OP - i can recommend 50A Monday to Wednesday or Saturday and Sunday... would like to hear some of your memories...

What happened to Sonya/Sonia that worked there?

Offline ralhar

off the radar since 52 went down... it was about time she retired anyway I think... same for gap tooth (russian) elena -  like somekind of artist or musician she seemed to become very popular after she was gone...

interestingly, 52 went down because they weren't getting the punters... nothing to do with the council, police orproperty prices.

london_lad18

Long-time lurker here and I've not actually experienced Shepherd Market and hadn't even heard about it until today - being the young naive person that I am, but I expect to be visiting soon!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great stories, they make for a great read so keep them coming.

Also took me a while to understand what "Jamie Theakston" meant  :D

Offline ralhar

I'm more like david brent these days...

glad to help dude... report back.

Online Running Man

off the radar since 52 went down... it was about time she retired anyway I think... same for gap tooth (russian) elena -  like somekind of artist or musician she seemed to become very popular after she was gone...

interestingly, 52 went down because they weren't getting the punters... nothing to do with the council, police orproperty prices.

I remember fucking Sonia in Soho and in shepherds Market until I had no strength left. I've still got her number but it just rings and rings nowadays.