Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2020/21 football season  (Read 20055 times)

Offline webpunter

External Link/Members Only

Martinez is seething & you can understand why
It was a deliberate body check to take out KDB
Martinez comments on Rudiger "He’s properly leaving the shoulder against Kevin"

Rudiger also had his left arm out to stop KDB thinking about going that way
& to balance himself up so he could flatten KDB
So Rudiger lays on the floor to make it look accidental like he was also hurt
Like fuck he was
As for his apology today, this is damage limitation

UEFA should be looking at the incident as not only is it deliberate but also it resulted in serious injury
IMO [absolute] minimum 3 match ban for next season's CL
And i don't support citeh, seeing it as a neutral

Don't think it would have made much difference KDB staying on the pitch
Citeh weren't at the races

Didn't initially think the clash was that bad when Kevin De Bruyne went down injured but clearly when he walked off he was in serious trouble, fractured nose and eye socket 2 weeks before the Euros is damn bad luck

Offline ratedj

Like fuck he was

UEFA should be looking at the incident as not only is it deliberate but also it resulted in serious injury

It was a clear foul, the type seen many times over, but I don't believe he intentionally set out to injure KDB. I'd like to think that no professional footballer (minus Roy Keane of course, lol) would deliberately set out to cause a lasting injury to a fellow professional. It's never nice seeing a player have to exit a major final due to injury. Some sources have already suggested that KDB will be able to partake in the Euros with a protective mask, and let's hope this is the case. 

As for UEFA taking retrospective action, I don't believe that they can seeing that a) the referee issued a card to Rüdiger, and b) the VAR saw no reason to override the referee's decision.

Offline webpunter

+1
On the same page bout Rudiger [not] causing intentional injury, more like slowing KDB down a bit / making him a bit wary

The bollox rule about no retrospecive action if a card issued needs to be scrapped
The ref is responding with what he sees & he has a few seconds at most
Without the benefit of multiple camera angles, watching numerous times incl. in slow motion
Thinking that VAR are gonna solve the problem is naieve at best

When players know that there can be [& will be] retrospective action for serious foul play then they'll think twice
Lengthy bans impact on the team & cost the players apperance money & incentives
Good call on Keane [think Alf-Inge Håland]
Present day its Xhaka, tho he ain't exactly got the rear gunners very far this season  :lol:

It was a clear foul, the type seen many times over, but I don't believe he intentionally set out to injure KDB. I'd like to think that no professional footballer (minus Roy Keane of course, lol) would deliberately set out to cause a lasting injury to a fellow professional. It's never nice seeing a player have to exit a major final due to injury. Some sources have already suggested that KDB will be able to partake in the Euros with a protective mask, and let's hope this is the case. 

As for UEFA taking retrospective action, I don't believe that they can seeing that a) the referee issued a card to Rüdiger, and b) the VAR saw no reason to override the referee's decision.

Offline Denhamhoop

Agree with the analysis and that Kante was the best player on the night. In regards to Werner he reminds me of one Diego Forlan (at MUFC) cant score for toffee but will never stop trying or shooting which is fair play.

Obviously Tuchel stands by him as hes played consistently under him. Werner is now a Champions League winner which is more then can be said of Sergio Ageuro (not a dig at Aguero I'm a huge fan).

Kante is one of 6 players now that has won PL, World Cup and Champions League. Can you guess the others (I only got 3 or 4 out of 5 before Kante.)
Pique Henry Pedro hmm Barthez maybe if he was at Marseille must be another Barca player

Offline ratedj

Pique Henry Pedro hmm Barthez maybe if he was at Marseille must be another Barca player

Juliano Belletti.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Well done chums. Forgot it was actually 6 before Kante with Viera being one too.

I got Pedro, Pique, Viera and Henry. Didnt get Barthez and Beletti!

Offline ratedj

Well done chums. Forgot it was actually 6 before Kante with Viera being one too.

I got Pedro, Pique, Viera and Henry. Didnt get Barthez and Beletti!

You were initially right. Vieira didn't win the Champions League.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Like fuck he was

For Christ's sake! It was a nothing coming together. I personally wouldn't even call it a foul, Rudiger just stood his ground - what's he meant to do, jump out the way???? However I begrudgingly  accept in the modern tart's game it's gonna be a foul. I strongly feel DeBruyne deliberately "bought" or made sure he won the foul by attempting to run through Rudiger though and in that sense he is equally culpable.
If DeBruyne bounced off him unhurt nobody bats an eyelid and it's not even remotely dangerous. You can't re-assess the contact based on how injurious it turns out. What if Rudiger broke a rib and died of internal bleeding in the challenge?

Offline chrishornx

For Christ's sake! It was a nothing coming together. I personally wouldn't even call it a foul, Rudiger just stood his ground - what's he meant to do, jump out the way???? However I begrudgingly  accept in the modern tart's game it's gonna be a foul. I strongly feel DeBruyne deliberately "bought" or made sure he won the foul by attempting to run through Rudiger though and in that sense he is equally culpable.
If DeBruyne bounced off him unhurt nobody bats an eyelid and it's not even remotely dangerous. You can't re-assess the contact based on how injurious it turns out. What if Rudiger broke a rib and died of internal bleeding in the challenge?

a point very well made

Offline Apu

It's a contact sport, accidents happen in all sports. Doesn't always have to be deliberate. I wouldn't even say Rudiger was clumsy. You just have to move on..... I felt the yellow was unfair. Could have easily been two heads clashing on another day.
Banned reason: Undesirable perverted fantasist
Banned by: daviemac

Offline ratedj

It was a foul. As I've said previously, I don't think Rüdiger intended to injure De Bruyne, though he certainly knew what he was doing. He just gets caught a little flat-footed. Additionally, and perhaps crucially, though it all happens rather quick, Rüdiger doesn't track the ball. If you watch an aerial replay you'll see that there was a space behind Rüdiger that De Bruyne was attempting to exploit, which likely influenced Rüdiger's reaction.

Online WARSZAWA16

Looks like Carlo Ancelotti is to become the new/latest Real Madrid manager.

Offline cideruk

Looks like Carlo Ancelotti is to become the new/latest Real Madrid manager.

Bit of an odd choice imho, he hasn't exactly succeeded at Everton despite spending quite a bit

Will Moyes return, when he's doing well at West Ham

The Wolves guy is a good manager but why leave Wolves for Everton?

Offline webpunter

+1
Always a give-away when the player [Rudiger] isn't tracking the ball
Other incidents have happened where the defending player is focused on the ball & doesn't see whichever oppo it is coming in v.quickly
Its clear to those watching [especially numerous times slo-mo & from different angles] that unintentional & little / no further comment made
Unlike here
Rudiger took one for the team with a card, just that the outcome was more serious than expected

It was a foul. As I've said previously, I don't think Rüdiger intended to injure De Bruyne, though he certainly knew what he was doing. He just gets caught a little flat-footed. Additionally, and perhaps crucially, though it all happens rather quick, Rüdiger doesn't track the ball. If you watch an aerial replay you'll see that there was a space behind Rüdiger that De Bruyne was attempting to exploit, which likely influenced Rüdiger's reaction.

When football was played by hard men the [guilty] player concerned would stick his hand up [to the ref] showing one finger
1st offence

Offline webpunter

Indeed
The dahlings of the prem this season  ;)
Just hoping no second season blues
There are funds available to strengthen so don't think it will happen
The likes of SheffUtd not investing, most likely given a tight budget, paid the price

Dirty Leeds!

Offline ratedj

+1
Always a give-away when the player [Rudiger] isn't tracking the ball
Other incidents have happened where the defending player is focused on the ball & doesn't see whichever oppo it is coming in v.quickly
Its clear to those watching [especially numerous times slo-mo & from different angles] that unintentional & little / no further comment made
Unlike here
Rudiger took one for the team with a card, just that the outcome was more serious than expected

When football was played by hard men the [guilty] player concerned would stick his hand up [to the ref] showing one finger
1st offence

+1 right back at you.

Offline webpunter

At school when ripping it out of other kids bout playing for the team you'd ask them what position they played in
  • right back behind the goal ? OR
  • or is it, left back in the changing room ?
+1 right back at you.

Jumpers for goalposts

Offline Sparta Prada

Bit of an odd choice imho, he hasn't exactly succeeded at Everton despite spending quite a bit

Will Moyes return, when he's doing well at West Ham

The Wolves guy is a good manager but why leave Wolves for Everton?

Nuno Espírito Santo was effectively sacked by Wolves at the end of the season a couple of weeks ago.

Offline webpunter

Now let me think, where would i prefer to live
Madrid or Birkenhead ?
Decisions, decisions, decisions

Not suggesting that Ancelotti is a punter
However if he was it's a no-brainer
And it ain't mickey mouser land

Plus he probably doesn't want to find his motor stacked on bricks with the wheels orf
He should think himself lucky that they ain't half-inched the motor
Most likely when the blues are playing away

Maybe its time for the fat spanish waiter.  And i ain't referring to Manuel [he no fat]

Offline cideruk

Nuno Espírito Santo was effectively sacked by Wolves at the end of the season a couple of weeks ago.

Thought he had walked rather than sacked

Offline Blackpool Rock

Spurs still haven't appointed anyone 7 weeks after Jose was booted, talks with Conte have broken down as he apparently wanted money to buy players, shock horror  :scare:

Offline Thephoenix

*Now let me think, where would i prefer to live
Madrid or Birkenhead ?
Decisions, decisions, decisions *

*I don't know any professional footballers living in Birkenhead do you?

Heswall and Caldy in Wirral are still the preferred areas for John Barnes and Ian Rush.

Rafa Benitez has the choice of living in Madrid or Wirral and yet still lives in Caldy near Ian Rush, with his wife Montse and their two daughters.
They are very much part of the local community. His daughters have been educated in top local schools and Motse continues to do a lot of local charity work.*

**Plus he probably doesn't want to find his motor stacked on bricks with the wheels orf
Most likely when the blues are playing away .**

**I'm not aware of problems with the Tesla's, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris driven by residents of these areas being found on bricks are you?**

Offline Apu

Anyone think if Villa keep Grealish, they will sneak up on everyone and become the new Leicester/Spurs?

Grealish, Buendia, Watkins, Douglas Luiz, Konsa, Martinez, Cash, Mings... 2 more signings and they look like a prospect.
Banned reason: Undesirable perverted fantasist
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Denhamhoop

Anyone think if Villa keep Grealish, they will sneak up on everyone and become the new Leicester/Spurs?

Grealish, Buendia, Watkins, Douglas Luiz, Konsa, Martinez, Cash, Mings... 2 more signings and they look like a prospect.
  Would expect with Buendia and Ward Prowse coming in means Grealish is on his way out(Arsenal is my guess)

Offline ratedj

Would expect with Buendia and Ward Prowse coming in means Grealish is on his way out(Arsenal is my guess)

Considering that Villa outbid Arsenal for Buendia, I would say the chances of Grealish ending up at Arsenal are slim to none.

Offline mr.bluesky

Considering that Villa outbid Arsenal for Buendia, I would say the chances of Grealish ending up at Arsenal are slim to none.

Perhaps with his cut from the transfer fee Grealish might buy himself some decent size shin pads instead of those fag packets he currently sticks down his socks.  :D

Offline cideruk

Think there's more chance of me having a 3some with Rachel Riley and Scarlett Johansson than Grealish going to Arsenal

Offline Bhamguy

As a villa fan no way will jack leave villa for arsenal. Showing  what a great player he is for england every game puts his heart into it would love him to stay but if he wants to win trophies then hes got to go to a club like man city and would I hold it against him leaving villa no I wouldn't every player would love to win silverware  .but if he did stay would be great build a team around him think another player we could lose is olly Watkins  hope not but big clubs will be sniffing  around also our keeper got to keep hold of him too think another good season even better than last season if we keep them all and few new signing
UTV

Offline webpunter

i was but jestin  ;)

*Now let me think, where would i prefer to live
Madrid or Birkenhead ?
Decisions, decisions, decisions *

*I don't know any professional footballers living in Birkenhead do you?

Heswall and Caldy in Wirral are still the preferred areas for John Barnes and Ian Rush.

Rafa Benitez has the choice of living in Madrid or Wirral and yet still lives in Caldy near Ian Rush, with his wife Montse and their two daughters.
They are very much part of the local community. His daughters have been educated in top local schools and Motse continues to do a lot of local charity work.*

**Plus he probably doesn't want to find his motor stacked on bricks with the wheels orf
Most likely when the blues are playing away .**

**I'm not aware of problems with the Tesla's, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris driven by residents of these areas being found on bricks are you?**

Offline webpunter

At least if RR was involved in the transfer deal she could make the figures add up
As well as looking FAF

Think there's more chance of me having a 3some with Rachel Riley and Scarlett Johansson than Grealish going to Arsenal

Offline Thephoenix

i was but jestin  ;)

I know you were you little shit stirrer. :D

I shouldn't bite so easily, but some of those images and comments are pretty outdated.

I'll bite my tongue next time and follow my Grandad's advice.....
     Think once, think twice, then say nowt! :unknown:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:18:52 am by Thephoenix »

Offline webpunter

Shit stirrer, moi ?
Gotta have a laaarf on here
Least you put your hands up gettin reeled in [a bit]  :thumbsup:
I know that should i leave the goal wide open then this will give you the opportunity to jump in with a two footed tackle
I've been taken the cleaners on here & its hilarious

I'm pretty sure that mickey mouser land is still car theft central
Stayed there on business in a hotel
Parked the motor [which had a list of problems ££ needing fixing] in an NCP
I was most disappointed in the morning when it was still there  :dash:   :lol:

I know you were you little shit stirrer. :D

I shouldn't bite so easily, but some of those images and comments are pretty outdated.

I'll bite my tongue next time and follow my Grandad's advice.....
     Think once, think twice, then say nowt! :unknown:

As for oudated what about haircuts ?

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Thephoenix

I'm pretty sure that mickey mouser land is still car theft central
Stayed there on business in a hotel
Parked the motor [which had a list of problems ££ needing fixing] in an NCP
I was most disappointed in the morning when it was still there  :dash:   :lol:

I don't think there's much demand for Morris Marinas. :unknown:

Offline The Film Director

I should think they'll be hoping not.  :sarcastic:

Offline cideruk

Watched The Damned United (again) last night

Wonder how Cloughie would have done had he been England manager

Offline Blackpool Rock

Good film that, love the bit (not sure if it's true) where he tells the Leeds players to put all their medals in a pile and burn them as they didn't win them fairly etc  :D Dirty Leeds  :rolleyes:

Cloughie had an interview for England Manager back in 77 but the job was already given to someone else, pissed him right off and he probably got quite bitter about it

Online WARSZAWA16

Great film and great performance by Michael Sheen who got Clough just right and off to a tee. Clough would have been an obvious choice as England manager back in the 70's. Unfortunately though the "suits" at the FA didn't trust him to be as diplomatic as they would have liked as they considered him too much of a loose cannon. Very much England's loss though I suspect. Look what he achieved at Derby and Nottingham Forest.... 

Offline cideruk

Good film that, love the bit (not sure if it's true) where he tells the Leeds players to put all their medals in a pile and burn them as they didn't win them fairly etc  :D Dirty Leeds  :rolleyes:

Good, but not quite 'we will play four, four, fucking two' good

Mike Bassett

Offline webpunter

ssshh
how did you know ?
mine is in beige
& to complete the look i had a black vinyl roof added  ;)

I don't think there's much demand for Morris Marinas. :unknown:

Offline paper7

The bollox rule about no retrospecive action if a card issued needs to be scrapped

Yep. Fully agree. If a card is not enough/the correct punishment, then further action needs to be taken. Players might think twice then.

Offline The Film Director

Quote from: cideruk link=topic=284111.msg3250423#msg3250423 date=1623172275
[b
Mike Bassett[/b]

'Where does it say Benson and Hedges on there?'  Possibly the greatest line in cinema history.

.... and The Damned United is great too, obvs.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:48:32 am by The Film Director »

Offline cideruk

'Where does it say Benson and Hedges on there?'  Possibly the greatest line in cinema history.

.... and The Damned United is great too, obvs.  :thumbsup:

B&H as center backs and Lambert & Butler as full backs   :D