Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: A question to the old timers - What was punting like before the EU?  (Read 2568 times)

TERIMAKI

Or to elaborate, what was punting like in the 90s and early 2000s before the accession of Romania and Bulgaria to the EU?

I can't imagine a punting scene without the Romanians and the Bulgarians.

Very curious to find out from those who experienced it first hand - what were prices like, what were the girls, what were attitudes like?

Offline Knny

Prices were a little higher. £80 30 mins was average.  Girls were really up themselves.  Gems were harder to find. 

I think it is a lot easier now especially with this site and adult work.

vw

Just a different era, will never be like it again due to the internet !

Just enjoy the ride, everything changes and if you stop enjoying stop.

No point worrying about what ifs as beyond anyone's control.

Doubt is will ever get blowjobs for £20 or fuck for 40 in doorways and parks like i did late 90's what ever happens.

There were european girls about early 2000's anyway remember on fantastic girl in Crewe, 50 for half hour from Portugal think 2003 was first Czech mate out call for 70 for half hour.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:31:54 am by vw »

fat willy

I disagree prices were higher, in the late 90s, you could get an hour job average price 50 pounds, ,but thats down to inflation more than anything, also pre-net days within a ten mile radius you had say 30 girls at the most, now a search says 350 plus, so smaller slices of the cake, they have to make their money with less punters, and private rental properties being sky-high, and benefits more generous.
Without being an old romantic, services were generally better as most were English, playing away, ex-swingers,not the organised EE gangs today, and they had to pay through the nose to advertise in papers and magazines,so were more committed.

Even if we get a BREXIT vote and the tool of a government actually stop uncontrolled economic immigration, I doubt we will see those days again.

Arley Hall

The UK joined the 'EU' in 1973, so you'd have to be pretty old to have punted before then. I was just old enough, but living on a student grant miles from any cities, so the idea never occurred to me.

The former Eastern Bloc countries joined the EU from 2004 onwards, and I certainly recall punting before that date - though only in London and the SE. The main thing I remember is that punting seemed like a crazy extravagance then. It was relatively much more expensive. Prices of other goods have increased by about 50% since those days, but I would say that the average price of a one hour incall in London has gone down since 2004. The influx of foreign girls has definitely lowered prices. If anybody else has any better information they will no doubt correct me, but that's certainly my impression.

The internet has obviously made punting a lot easier - that goes without saying.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:49:46 am by Arley Hall »

Arley Hall

This is to back up the claim I made in my previous post re prices .....

I've done some research on another well-known review site (which shall be nameless) on London punts for the year 2003. Below is a random sample of the search results .....

Cindy of Love Roses ....... £300 for 90 mins
Jane of Honeyz .............. £40 for 20 mins
Erin of Love Roses .......... £150 for 60 mins
Lara of London Retreat .... £100 for 30 mins
Monica of Touch of Class .. £250 for 120 mins
Joanne (Independent) ..... £150 for 60 mins
Pamela (Independent) ..... £300 for 60 mins

..... and so it goes on. This is 2003 remember, so even if prices were the same on paper as now, they would be a 50% higher in real terms. (The former Eastern Bloc countries joined the EU in 2004 and 2007.)

Offline smiths

Or to elaborate, what was punting like in the 90s and early 2000s before the accession of Romania and Bulgaria to the EU?

I can't imagine a punting scene without the Romanians and the Bulgarians.

Very curious to find out from those who experienced it first hand - what were prices like, what were the girls, what were attitudes like?

Before the arrival of EE WGs enmasse in the 90s into the 2000s my punting costs were more for less services, kissing was very rarely on offer from Brit WGs as that was for partners only and OWO was quite rare as well. On average its cheaper now than what I was paying 10 years and more ago. In those early days there weren't many Romanians, it was Polish, Czech Republic and Hungary mainly though WGs often lie about where they really come from.

The knock on effect of their arrival meant Brit WGs cut their prices and offered kissing and OWO, all this for their partners only bollocks went out the window with many. Now of course the irony is in my area anyway that Brit WGs are again charging more on average than their EE WGs, they often charge a premium just because they are Brits. One disadvantage of the EE arrivals again in my area anyway was that many Irish WGs left. The good thing about some of these Irish WGs was they were repressed Catholics and some were as filthy as fuck, putting two fingers up to their faith while licking my arse.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:24:02 am by smiths »

Arley Hall

The knock on effect of their arrival meant Brit WGs cut their prices and offered kissing and OWO, all this for their partners only bollocks went out the window with many.

Yes - I remember one girl in a Brighton parlour in the 1990s telling me that some other girl was offering OWO. She was horrified and thought it was the end of civilisation as we know it.

Offline tazz

There was no DFK until about 2000 in London, OWO is didnt happen untill lots of russian and eastern european women came here in the early 2000's. It used to be £150 for an hour or £100 for 30 minutes with most prossies in central london. So in real terms prices have come down that to mass migration. I think leaving the EU wont necessarily mean an end to large scale migration as its gone on for decades both here and in countries outside the EU like Switzerland, Norway and the USA.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I cannot recall paying more than £40 in the parlours of Manchester and the NW. Prices have risen, no doubt. But so have services like OWO and real kisses.

Offline GreyDave

:hi: I started in 1977 silver jubilee year I was a lad and did the walk ups ...after being ripped of in a dive bar and then a half arsed sort of dance/hostess bar at the same time as a very well built (boxer type) businessman who complained like hell about it he very nicely complained on my behalf too and helped me out of a worry situation for a teenager! I then had a shandy and chat with him in the Coach and Horses pub and took his advice about some of the WG in the walk ups.. The cherry was popped with a Singaporean girl in her 20`s for 10 quid plus 1 quid tip I came quick so she allowed a second go as did quite a few of the older ladies I got to vist in my early days. Most of the girls were what used to be called Intercityaway dayers Women from up north then quite a few Singaporean, Maltese South African there was a French woman on Isle Street for many years as Milf type who I got to see for all these where 10 quid some allowed a double for that no kissing 2-3 positions only  :cool:
I did quite a few Bareback in the 70`-80s  :scare: something I would not do now I remember paying £30 in the 80`s to do a JJ cupped Black Girl it was to me almost a weeks wage so it is sort of ingrained in my mamerry :D :D most of my shags were 10-15 quid and the girls from a few diffrent countries it started to really get good when the first Russian and Polish girls arrived I have found the Latin girls to be the hardest nosed and ones that race you to finish the nicest thing is when some try and talk to you and tell you they are doing this to learn english :D but now they all speak it. I cant really think it was better just diffrent I reckon this is the Golden Age for us punters as there is so much choice and ease of getting :drinks: :drinks:

TERIMAKI

I can't believe English girls used to charge £150+ more than 10 years ago. Some of these English girls think they're economy/recession/inflation proof!

And yeah surprised to hear that there's been a flight of Irish girls. Irish poverty of early 2000s is still quite as bad in some areas, so why aren't girls entering the sex trade more :unknown:

Offline GreyDave

:hi: Have seen a few Irish girls in soho and as indys.....but maybe their upbring means they are not to good a service provider as some would say in fact some of the worst value punts have been with English and Irish girls never had a problem with big titted Welsh lasses or Scottish gals :D :D

TERIMAKI

Greydave - been in the mood recently for a big busty barmaid Welsh / Scottish bar maid type. got any recommendations?

Offline rubric

There was no DFK until about 2000 in London, OWO is didnt happen untill lots of russian and eastern european women came here in the early 2000's. It used to be £150 for an hour or £100 for 30 minutes with most prossies in central london. So in real terms prices have come down that to mass migration.

What tazz says. In addition, it was far less common for women to be shaved. [Basically it was fairly grim, and there were fewer girls in their 20s about in percentage terms, and a most of the ones that were were completely up themselves].

Online Mr Garmin

I had my first punt in about 93/94. Prices were around £90 - £120 outcall and you had no idea who would turn up. Service was very vanilla with no DFK or OWO and CIM was unheard of. As said earlier most pussies were natural or slightly trimmed. I remember the first time I was offered OWO by a stunning blonde who swore me to secrecy as she said that the agency would sack her if they found out.

I remember travelling a long way to see a girl called Lisa from Thundersley simply because she advertised openly that she did OWO.

IMO we are in a Nirvana period of relatively low prices and high services & if you do your research you can be almost guaranteed a good punt with an attractive girl for no more money than I would have spent 20 years ago, so in real terms about 25% of the price. Mind you there was a certain buzz in the unknown in those days.

I don't know if I am alone or whether its my age but I look through AW and find that I simply don't fancy many of the young ones. I can't stand the current fashion for fake tan/painted face & eyebrows and pouty lips. And why a gorgeous attractive girl would want to deface her body with lurid ink I just don't know. As somebody said recently, in my day if you had a tattoo you got it in the services.

Offline hullad

I was around back then but not punting and new nothing back then

No a little bit more now, still learning and I think always will. This thread has taught me, if I need to know or not that the EU has brought the cost of punting down and you can't argee with facts.....,,..

Suck on that Farage 😯

Offline Stalinator

When I started punting in 94-95 in London, it was cards in phoneboxes. It really was a game of take your chances with what is in the box.
You really didn't know what you were getting till the door opened. Also when you called to find out the location it would be common enough for a man to answer to deal with the punters.

Prices back then were 40 for shag, 50 for a quick covered BJ and a shag. No RO, OWO, CIM or kissing. Mostly English birds but a few Australians and South Africans.

Since 2004 quality has improved and the old guard had to up their game.

Offline hantshagger

Yes - I remember one girl in a Brighton parlour in the 1990s telling me that some other girl was offering OWO. She was horrified and thought it was the end of civilisation as we know it.

haha
I'm glad i wasnt punting in those days, cant imagine sex without OWO, also I was doing that (OWO) with civvies all the time then (well, 90's onwards)

Offline rubric

Quote from: hantshagger
I'm glad i wasnt punting in those days, cant imagine sex without OWO, also I was doing that (OWO) with civvies all the time then (well, 90's onwards)

Yeah, it was more a WG thing than anything else.  At the time I was mainly visiting parlours (because the ad in the phone box route was even more hit and miss), and on my first punt I naively assumed that because the girl was putting a condom on that she had misunderstood my request for oral.

OTOH she was actually fairly attractive (a slim black woman in her mid 30s), there were a lot of older barbara windsor types around  (if you caught that channel4 programme you'll know what i mean - 10-15 years older than the stated age, leathery/overtanned skin, fake blonde hair, body that collapses as soon as they get their underwear off).

Then the EEs arrived - to start with in parlour land - and I started seeing girls who were as young as me, who were actually slim, happy to talk, and offered great service.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:08:23 pm by rubric »

Offline TomR

I remember the parlour scene back in 80s and 90s and in some ways it was better and in others worse.

On the positive side there were no communication problems which generally made for a better experience I tended to find as you couldn't get ripped off with the language barrier being used as an excuse. Also it made for a smoother punt if you could both understand each other.

On the negative side the services on offer were much more limited, no OWO, no kissing etc.

On balance I would prefer a return to the all British girls parlour. I stopped using parlours a few years ago because all the ones closest to me were staffed by romanians, albanians and ukrainans who either couldn't or would't speak english and who were only interested in taking your money and getting you out of the room asap.

A 30 minute booking turned into 10-15 minutes of silent indifference.

Offline Dingo1

I couldn't imagine a time with no internet to find WG's and having to rely on phone box ads and no idea what the person would be like when you walked in.. did people communicate with other punters about recommendation as there were no forums etc to check?

Online Mr Garmin

I certainly didn't communicate my activity with other punters, in fact nobody knew and nobody still does. It was only with the introduction of the internet and forums like this that I realised that I wasn't the only one and I stopped regarding myself as socially a little inadequate. Also I realised that I didn't have to limit myself to vanilla punts and that lots of activities were available that I had always assumed were off limits.

Looking back it seems like a simpler time but it was mostly crap. As I said earlier we are in a sweet spot at the moment and hopefully it will only get better. It's amazing how communication has changed the world.

Offline foreverchanges

All I know is that up until 2004ish if you walked into London Street Sauna in Edinburgh and checked the staff roster of say 30 girls about 25 would be locals, a couple would be English and there would be 2 or 3 Thais with not an EE in sight. Now you'd be lucky to find a handful of locals there. :cry:

The prices haven't changed that much tbh but Jesus ...the service has. :dash: :dash:

Offline DrJackDaniels

I started punting in Manchester in the early 90s, and not only was there no EU, but no real internet either. Lots of ads for health clubs and massage parlours in the MEN, but if you wanted to find somebody independent you had to use a contact mag. Parlours were good, but limited services, so no OWO or kissing, although at one of them I had my first experience of rimming, when the SP put her tongue up my arse  :wacko:

Prices were about 50 or 60, and that was for 30 mins, and one pop. The women were mainly English, and most were older than the girls I see today. Services today are much wider as well (kissing, OWO, A etc), and prices don't seem to have gone up too much.

Using contact mags was touch and go - met a real cracker in South Manchester, and parted with 100. Rang another, based on a single B&W photo, and the first thing she said was "you do know I'm a TS don't you?" - had a bloody lucky escape there. :scare:

raylondoner

There were less cocky cunts around for sure!

Jessica English

I used to let the men have owo and swallow  way before the eastern Europeans came over the risk of catching a std from that is very low . The only time I will ever stick a condom on is if it looks a bit funny I haven't had to use any fruity durex since I started back up again in April though and touch would wont have to .

Jessica English

I couldn't imagine a time with no internet to find WG's and having to rely on phone box ads and no idea what the person would be like when you walked in.. did people communicate with other punters about recommendation as there were no forums etc to check?
When you rung up the madame  you'd get a description of the girls also you could go round and take your pick out of the girls to see which one you wanted and if there was a complaint made by a client like for being rude not letting the client finger you kiss you then the girl would get in big trouble and maybe even fired if she wasn't new or had been really badly behaved .  They valued the clients it has to be said . The phone box adds mainly in larger cities like London where you can still see the card stuck with a razor blade today where a bit more of a gamble though . You also used to get adds in some papers  and magazines that had photos of the girls in them they were mainly in London though.

Jessica English

I used to let the men have owo and swallow  way before the eastern Europeans came over the risk of catching a std from that is very low . The only time I will ever stick a condom on is if it looks a bit funny I haven't had to use any fruity durex since I started back up again in April though and touch would wont have to .
I also shaved down below way before they came over to .

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I also shaved down below way before they came over to .
I hope you regrow your beard soon, natural is now so rare. It is more stimulating to rub up against soft hair than bristles as you will know from men's chins.

Jessica English

I use a razor called gillet venus  curve which gives me a very close shave which I like it has four blades they are expensive but worth it  I also use gillet venus  shaving foam which helps towards  getting  a close shave . I tend to sshave ever day and my legs and arms to as I have strong hair .waxing is the best thing for aqn ultra smooth muff but you have to leave it to grow to a certain length before you can have it done so I gave up on it as I hate body hair I do it for myself not for work  it's just my personal preference .

Monsieur69

One thing which hasn't changed is that the best service in the 60s and 70s came from foreign girls. Soho was the place and many Europeans working especially Maltese and Italians with the occasional Greek. Those countries were very poor compared to UK and lots of girls came over as au pairs or to work in hotels as chambermaids or cleaners then discovered they could make a lot more by becoming part time or full time WGs.