Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Reverse Ad Seeking Prossie - Legal?  (Read 886 times)

Prices Slashed

I'm sure this has been asked here, but I can't find anything:

I go and reserve a hotel room somewhere in London for a future date. I place an ad on backpage adult section seeking 'experienced' 18+ female for a couple of hours of adult play within the unspecified hotel on the date (they are to reply for details). I intend to offer money for sex (minimum amount for maximum enjoyment as always).

What laws am I breaking?

Midlane

It's not awfully different to an AW reverse booking.

I may be wrong but I don't think you're breaking any laws. I don't think soliciting laws apply because you're not expecting to receive any payment, no matter how blatant the advert is.

Offline Poopster

I'm not totally in agreement with Midlane... I had a couple of ads removed from Gumtree or Vivastreet seeking a specific type of bird a couple of years back.  The adverts were deemed to be soliciting as I'd made it clear I was offering money for sex.

Personally, I don't see the big deal, but I'd put money on your ad being removed.

Just use AW.  Unless you're looking for something particularly niche you're likely to find exactly what you want.

Prices Slashed

My thinking is AW girls need to register as service providers, but all girls can respond to a Backpage ad. It's like turning Backpage into Seeking Arrangements without the overhead (or safeguards). Might give it a trial go.

Midlane

I'm not totally in agreement with Midlane... I had a couple of ads removed from Gumtree or Vivastreet seeking a specific type of bird a couple of years back.  The adverts were deemed to be soliciting as I'd made it clear I was offering money for sex.

Personally, I don't see the big deal, but I'd put money on your ad being removed.

Just use AW.  Unless you're looking for something particularly niche you're likely to find exactly what you want.

You might be right. I'm really not sure, and most of the law's wording seems to cover trafficking these days. There's also kerb crawling, brothel keeping and child protection. I think of soliciting as a street offence, and placing ads in a paper (or the Internet equivalent) might well be against their T&Cs but not against the law.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Surely you'll get all sorts of crackpots, head cases and idiots responding...... How on earth will you filter them and protect yourself from being robbed or mugged in some sort of honeytrap thing? Aside from the legality it seems very risky to me and unlikely to go well.

Offline myothernameis

Surely you'll get all sorts of crackpots, head cases and idiots responding...... How on earth will you filter them and protect yourself from being robbed or mugged in some sort of honeytrap thing? Aside from the legality it seems very risky to me and unlikely to go well.

What are the chances sergie will have some of his girls contact the op; on the phone everything will be on offer, but when it actually comes to the meet, you will get sweet didly

Offline Steve2

Simplysimon

Unfortunately , offering (or advertising) money in exchange for sexual services is still considered illegal in the uk , yet another absurd outdated law that needs addressing .

This is why on CL and other free ad sites it is usual to see wording such as "mutually rewarding", or the ad is titled in such a way as to hint such as "Solvent gentleman seeks"

Silverado

I go and reserve a hotel room somewhere in London for a future date. I place an ad on backpage adult section seeking 'experienced' 18+ female for a couple of hours of adult play within the unspecified hotel on the date (they are to reply for details). I intend to offer money for sex (minimum amount for maximum enjoyment as always).

What laws am I breaking?

None.

Unfortunately , offering (or advertising) money in exchange for sexual services is still considered illegal in the uk .....

No, it's not.

It is though an offence for a person in a street or public place to solicit another for the purpose of obtaining the other's sexual services as a prostitute. (section 51A SOA 2003). That doesn't include advertisements.

Simplysimon

If so then I stand corrected , I was lead to believe that the law concerning offering money for sex online was made illegal when the laws concerning the  sex and the Internet was tightened up a couple of years ago and offering money online was deemed procurement ??

As I said I stand to be corrected as don't know it as fact