Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Nik's 21 rules of punting.  (Read 21736 times)

Offline DickDiver

That's a great post.  Can agree with everything even if I've not followed the guidance in the heat of the moment.

Would be worth having as a sticky as the same questions do come up time after time.

Offline mh

Book if its not scarasm, can i have the name?

External Link/Members Only

other one is from some guy who does brotel reviews etc..

If it's the one I think it is, throw it away.

Offline Sonny Crockett

12.   Hearing a wg’s voice wherever possible is worth a dozen emails and text communications.

That is very important, especially when you wish to discuss the services you want in a punt. Only through speaking to the lady can you suss out whether they have an interest in seeing you and doing what it is you've requested. Those ladies who never answer the phone when you call them are not really interested in what you want in the punt, or in seeing you.

Offline Sparta Prada

Only just seen this, all 21 points are spot on. And particularly relevant to my current situation re punting!

Offline The_Don

Many good points and replies here  :thumbsup:

seward

Wish I'd stuck to Niks rules for punting I'd be a lot happier and wouldn't have had such a bad punt recently from now on follow religiously :)

Offline Marmalade

Nik (or his book) is often criticised for its 'disaster' tales. But the longer you are punting I think the more you appreciate the value of information on shit punts. If someone gets a good fuck, you go, hey great, maybe I'll try her. You don't learn that much. Whereas the neg reviews can save your skin.

Offline The_Don

Wish I'd stuck to Niks rules for punting I'd be a lot happier and wouldn't have had such a bad punt recently from now on follow religiously :)

YMMV with any W/G

As for principles, I conform to a set of rules, when punting. But I'm willing to step out from them some times (as a punt is taking a chance)

jcdmj12

Nik (or his book) is often criticised for its 'disaster' tales. But the longer you are punting I think the more you appreciate the value of information on shit punts. If someone gets a good fuck, you go, hey great, maybe I'll try her. You don't learn that much. Whereas the neg reviews can save your skin.

+1 All genuinely useful knowledge is subtractive.  Information about good punts is only useful if you want to see that particular girl.

Offline Coolhandluke4

respect customers my arse as for the cab charge fuck off when your already charging £100-£150 an hour you still have the nerve to charge costs which i now find you can deduct! as for disliking prossies blame yourself i came into this quite wide eyed thought treat them like a normal women with respect but i found out quickly all you want todo is as little as possible for as much as possible at the end of the day i dont want to talk i just too stick my dick up your arse ill do my talking to friends and family
Hi, on the tax front you are just deducting the cost from you overall tax bill you don't actually get away with not paying it. ie 20% or 40% of cost of said item will result in you lowering the amount of tax you pay

bensonhedges20

Is there an ebook version of your book? Is it free? Would like to read it

Offline Blackpool Rock

Tight fucker  :unknown:
Apparently according to the link in reply 51 which i've copied below you can get it free with kindle unlimited otherwise it's £3.49

Offline NIK

There's no such thing as a free lunch -  apart from UKP.  :D
I do make it 99p for a few days whenever it allows me to, which is every three months or so, but it will never be free.
Won't be able to reduce it to 99p again until around March.

bensonhedges20

There's no such thing as a free lunch -  apart from UKP.  :D
I do make it 99p for a few days whenever it allows me to, which is every three months or so, but it will never be free.
Won't be able to reduce it to 99p again until around March.

I cant exactly have it delivered to my door hence asking for an ebook.

Not.a fan of amazon as it stays in account hiatory forever.

Launch it on android books :p

Offline NIK

Not.a fan of amazon as it stays in account hiatory forever.

Launch it on android books :p

Just looked into this. Apparently they aren't accepting any more at present.

Offline od13218

question about prossies paying tax just read on saafe that fuel is tax deducable so why does it cost me an extra £20 for the prossie to travel to my house the more i learn about them the more i dislike them!
"Tax deductible" doesn't mean they get the money back, it just means they can deduct they amount spent on petrol visiting clients from their annual profit and therefore don't pay tax on it. So if a punt earns them £100 but they spend £10 on petrol getting there they only pay tax on £90- a saving of £2 if they're paying basic rate tax at 20%.
But as others have pointed out, you pay more principally for the time they spend getting to you, because that is "dead" time when they can't be earning. It's the same for any freelance profession- for example music teachers charge more to go to a student's house than to give lessons in their own homes or studios.  If you don't think it's good value, don't book outcalls, get off yor arse and go and see them in their place of work. That's how the market works- you're not obliged to buy a product if you think it's a rip-off!
Doug

bensonhedges20

Ive found girls who try and successfully take your clothes off to be better than those that just say take your clothes off.

DoberManic

I wish I'd known about Nik's book before I started punting;  I think it should be made required reading for any prospective punter!

I've just ordered the paperback edition, so I can read it on my lunch breaks; might have to hide it in inside a different cover though,
as I often sit next to the hotties from HR in the works canteen  :sarcastic:

:hi:

Offline azrael

Inspired by Skittish's requests for advice I have decided to make Nik's 21 Rules of Punting taken from near the end of my book free for all.  :cool:

These are things I have learnt from half a lifetime's punting in no particular order.

Nice read, some serious thought put into this thread budd, maybe consider putting it into the wiki or even when someone registers for the first time this is sent with the  confirmation email as a guide line as to "what to expect" from punting.
Sure could have used this when i registered as i was new to all this punting lark, green behind the ears so to speak. Food for thought, worth considering ijs  :hi:

Offline webpunter

Only just seen this thread as only been on here a couple of years and it dates back to 2012 for the previous update
Spot on set of guidelines.  Each & everyone of us can learn something from these.  Even if only as a salient reminder for when the concentration drops.  I would only add one:
22 - never ever make a booking where -ve AW feedback
If comment made on the profile / here about this being amended then wait for it to show again.  Even then most times no smoke without a fire

Offline Sonny Crockett

I agree with most of what's been said.

Offline webpunter

I agree with most of what's been said.
You are supposed to be stopping punting.  Being on UKP isn't a good start  :lol:

Offline NIK

I wish I'd known about Nik's book before I started punting;  I think it should be made required reading for any prospective punter!

I've just ordered the paperback edition, so I can read it on my lunch breaks; might have to hide it in inside a different cover though,
as I often sit next to the hotties from HR in the works canteen  :sarcastic:

:hi:

Thanks for this. Much appreciated. The sale has been recorded today. It has so few it is an event!  :D
Ironically I receive much less and it costs you much more to purchase the paperback version than it does the kindle because of the far higher production costs, however I realise some people prefer the older format.

Although I have kept a monthly tally of sales since it came out I have just for the first time worked out the total sales.
Yours is the 251st UK sale. There have also been 50 in the States 2 in Germany and one each in Japan and Brazil. My gambling addiction book has done 50 in the UK, 25 in the States and 1 each in India and Australia, although it has been available for a year less.
Pretty pathetic really considering it has been available since 2012  :blush: , and most of the sales were in the first eighteen months.

Obviously I don't know how many of those sales are from UKP members, but I would think without the support of forum members I'd certainly be struggling to reach 50, so big thanks to everyone. Also to those who have reviewed it, even the sisterhood cunts who have slated it. Any publicity as they say!  :D 
It if helps and /or entertains anyone in any shape or form it has been worthwhile.

The above sales figures are actually the minimum, because as with my punts there will be a few I missed recording!  :D

Thanks to all who have shown interest again.  :drinks:

Offline cueball

Thanks for this. Much appreciated. The sale has been recorded today. It has so few it is an event!  :D
Ironically I receive much less and it costs you much more to purchase the paperback version than it does the kindle because of the far higher production costs, however I realise some people prefer the older format.

Although I have kept a monthly tally of sales since it came out I have just for the first time worked out the total sales.
Yours is the 251st UK sale. There have also been 50 in the States 2 in Germany and one each in Japan and Brazil. My gambling addiction book has done 50 in the UK, 25 in the States and 1 each in India and Australia, although it has been available for a year less.
Pretty pathetic really considering it has been available since 2012  :blush: , and most of the sales were in the first eighteen months.

Obviously I don't know how many of those sales are from UKP members, but I would think without the support of forum members I'd certainly be struggling to reach 50, so big thanks to everyone. Also to those who have reviewed it, even the sisterhood cunts who have slated it. Any publicity as they say!  :D 
It if helps and /or entertains anyone in any shape or form it has been worthwhile.

The above sales figures are actually the minimum, because as with my punts there will be a few I missed recording!  :D

Thanks to all who have shown interest again.  :drinks:

I got mine for 50p from the second hand book shop  :D

Sorry  :rolleyes:

Offline Blackpool Rock

I got mine for 50p from the second hand book shop  :D

Sorry  :rolleyes:
Presumably they didn't have it in the library or dentist waiting room then?  :hi:

DogFace36

Excellent post NIK, I've not seen it before but it's gold!

Don't despair, most books don't sell many copies:

Offline NIK

Excellent post NIK, I've not seen it before but it's gold!

Don't despair, most books don't sell many copies:

Exactly.
Some of the bollocks the fantasists on the kindle forums come out with about selling hundreds of copies a week every week is right up there with fluffy twats who reckons they've never had a bad punt!  :crazy:

Offline webpunter

Think that sales are impacted as UKP'ers like me need to be able to pay discretely.  This is the problem.  Presuming the book is available on soft copy then no issue storing / reading.  I'm going rack my brains as to how this conundrum could be solved.  Must be a way using the likes of UKash.  Would be worth paying more to use something like PAYG mobile credits.  I know that this costs more than paying by credit card / online.  But its hassle / effort using a different mechanism.  And in the grand scheme of things if i pay a bit extra for PAYG top ups then it makes no material difference overall.  When it comes to looking @ PG for example.  So how to apply the same to get your book ??

DoberManic

I was denegrating being single only yesterday, but I've since realised it has it's plus points;

I can buy Nik's book and leave it on the bedside cabinet without worrying about a misses or GF finding it and bending my ear!  :sarcastic:

There's always a plus side eh?  :D

Offline NIK

Well it turns out the paperback purchase has made me the grand total of 3p! :blush:  I remember the last time a UKP member bought a paperback it didn't make me anything because I was apparently not charging enough so I raised the price slightly. Would have to raise it by about a fiver though to make anything for me and seeing as it's selling fuck all at the current price that isn't an option.
Would need to sell about 10,000 to raise the price of a punt!   :D

At least the kindle downloads make me a couple of quid each time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:26:45 pm by NIK »

DoberManic

No worries Nik;  I've just ordered the Kindle version too  :D

Offline Sonny Crockett

1.   Price does not correlate to service in this business. An experience costing £100 can be as good if not better than one costing £250 plus, although if  someone is charging less than £50 it will most likely be shite. Agree with this from past experience

2.   Nearly all wgs in my experience do not look as good as their photographs which often flatter them. Depends on the lady in general. Some look better in the flesh, than their photos.

3.   Girls who ask for the money and then assiduously count it before stashing it away are never as good as those who are more laid back about it. The attitude to money at the beginning of a punt is often the real indicator of what is to follow. Depends on the lady's general attitude throughout the booking.

4.   Similarly girls who offer you a drink are usually better than those who don’t. Depends on the lady's attitude throughout. I've had good times with lady's who don't offer drinks and with those who do.

5.   Girls who greet you with a proper mouth kiss are going to be better than those who don’t or those who ostentatiously present their cheeks to kiss. Absolutely agree. French kissing is a magnificent starter.

6.   Good girls are good from the very first appointment. If one is bad she won’t get any better, although occasionally some girls’ levels of service can decline over time. With one lady, I found that she was just as good, if not better than when I first saw her. However in my experience, I have often found that the second meet is not always as good.

7.   Similarly service will not improve during a punt if it begins unpromisingly. Only on a couple of occasions have I experienced a decent punt that has begun indifferently. On a couple of occasions I had punts that started slowly, then generally got better. Otherwise a poor start normally means a poor punt for me.

8.   The above factors help me work out almost immediately whether the punt is going to be a good one or not. In later years I was seldom wrong, sussing them out within a couple of minutes or even less. I think that research and booking punts in advance helps in that respect.

9.    Don’t be afraid to make your excuses and leave should you get bad vibes. One of my biggest regrets in punting is that I didn’t do it more often in the early days. I feel that I should have done that a lot more.

10.   Pimps and receptionists tell lies. And Pro$$ies as well.

11.   Nearly all paid sex forums - apart from the excellent UK Punting! - are established to make profits for their owners. As these profits are largely derived from the money service providers pay to advertise, they discourage and in some cases suppress negative views of the industry.  Quite simply they are there to serve the interests of pimps and prossies rather than punters. I was never a member of any of the Pro$$ie-centric forums.... THANK GOD!!!

12.   Hearing a wg’s voice wherever possible is worth a dozen emails and text communications. Absolutely agree. Telephoning a WG can help gauge whether she is interested in seeing you and doing the services you are asking, especially complex ones like roleplay. E-mails and texts say nothing.

13.   If they are working from a dump the service is likely to be crap. Venue quality is certainly a big factor in how well the punt will go. A shit venue tends to put me off my stride. However I must say there was one crap venue that I did meet a few years ago, and that meet was one of the best I ever had.

14.   Punters who tell you they have never had a bad punt are either easily satisfied or liars. No comment.

15.   Just because there are far more positive field reports than negative ones does not mean that this is a true reflection. Many punters don’t report bad uns for fear of receiving rebuttals or because they prefer to block it from their memory. I know these reasons to be true as I have experienced them myself. The true ratio is probably nearer 50/50. Absolutely true. Whenever a negative review is written, pro$$ies give abuse as they would love to continue their bad ways.

16.   Far more men pay for sex than will ever admit to it. No comment.

17.   Prossies always insist they pay tax. Not something that I see as relevant to me as a punter.

18.   Wg’s who have a full time ‘proper’ job are often more reliable than those who are full time prossies. Depends on the WG's overall attitude and approach, whether full-time or part-time.

19.   Never set out on a long journey unless you have a full address or a plan B, C and D in that locality. That is something I should do myself. Three times in 2015 did I set off to a city/town for a punt, only to be fucked over by the pro$$ie.

20.   Like chasing gambling losses, chasing punting losses often leads to disappointment. If you have a bad ‘un it’s usually better to call it a day and go for a pint rather than seek out another one. Pretty much common when I was fucked over by the pro$$ie and sought plan B or C. Rarely do they turn out good.

21.   And finally don’t ever believe punting can be a substitute for love. Even if a wg tells you that you are a special client, a ‘client’ is all you will ever be. Totally agree with that statement.

5th Musketeer

No worries Nik;  I've just ordered the Kindle version too  :D
NIK - how much do you get for the sale of a kindle edition?  That's how I read most of my books these days.

Offline NIK

NIK - how much do you get for the sale of a kindle edition?  That's how I read most of my books these days.

About £2.00.

bensonhedges20

I think the kindle market is mkre female oriented.

Stick it on android market and u have a sale guaranteed :)

Offline mh

I think the kindle market is mkre female oriented.

I don't agree. Judging from sitting round the pool daily on a recent holiday, I saw a very equal number of men and women using a Kindle. If anything the women were the ones more likely to have succumbed to the temptation of a thick bonkbuster with a watercolour image covers bought in haste at the airport. Kindle makes it very easy to read a book you'd rather not have people know you're reading!

bensonhedges20

My friend repairs electronics. Hes had a 80:20 ratio of customers in London who have broken the display on a kindle.

At work a girl regularly uses the kindle. I only know of one guy with a kindle.

Regardless,

Nik should in a way put his book out there and then use the funds gained from the sales as a ounting fund. No doubt it was or is a plan of his.

5th Musketeer

My friend repairs electronics. Hes had a 80:20 ratio of customers in London who have broken the display on a kindle.

At work a girl regularly uses the kindle. I only know of one guy with a kindle.

Regardless,

Nik should in a way put his book out there and then use the funds gained from the sales as a ounting fund. No doubt it was or is a plan of his.
But based on  what he says he has earned from sales, he would need to look at the lower end of the market - and we all know that is not what he wants!  :hi:

Offline NIK

For anyone who still might perchance give a flying fuck just to let you know my book will be discounted to 99p for a week from Wednesday.  :D

Offline drwho

Nik
Do you do your book in a pdf format?

I'd be prepared to send £4 direct to you by PayPal.

Don't want to have to set up kindle software just for the one book.

DoberManic

Nik
Do you do your book in a pdf format?

I'd be prepared to send £4 direct to you by PayPal.

Don't want to have to set up kindle software just for the one book.

Hi drwho

I think Amazon have an online version of the Kindle reader that can be accessed via the website / book library.

Might be worth a look if you fancy reading NIK's book  :hi:

Offline NIK

Hi drwho

I think Amazon have an online version of the Kindle reader that can be accessed via the website / book library.

Might be worth a look if you fancy reading NIK's book  :hi:

He's sorted!  :D  Thanks anyway.

Offline drwho

Yeah thanks a lot Nik. Stayed up late last night giggling to myself...

Very entertaining, right from the start :thumbsup:

Offline Marmalade

For many areas you can have delivered to a pickup location. Never used that facility but one of my local coop supermarkets has a pickup place.

Not.a fan of amazon as it stays in account history forever.

True, but if you've ordered anything you would rather no-one else sees you can at least go into your order history and hide that particular purchase. I'm maybe only guessing as to why you might be worried about it being there. Do you share an Amazon account? They're password protected but not much use if someone else were to know.

Offline scoobyboy72

For anyone who still might perchance give a flying fuck just to let you know my book will be discounted to 99p for a week from Wednesday.  :D

Just ordered it on amazon now so you still get your £2
Banned reason: Requested in pm to Admin
Banned by: Head1

Offline mh

For many areas you can have delivered to a pickup location. Never used that facility but one of my local coop supermarkets has a pickup place.

Yes and if you are especially paranoid then in some places there are electronically controlled lockers for collection.

Offline NIK

Just ordered it on amazon now so you still get your £2

Thanks for this.  Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Would have been a bit cheaper for you if you'd waited til tomorrow though.  :D

Offline scoobyboy72

Thanks for this.  Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Would have been a bit cheaper for you if you'd waited til tomorrow though.  :D

You'd lose out then though. £3.49 is still a cracking price for over 500 pages!

Offline Marmalade

Poundland Porn?  :D

Interesting that Nik 'knows' the discount is coming up... If Amazon reduce the price then the author normally still gets the same royalty but if the author discounts royalties then that comes off his punting and gambling budget.

Offline scoobyboy72

Started reading this last night, cracking read so far and quite funny!