Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 1 Million Posts  (Read 1510 times)

Offline johnny34

UK Punting has just broken through the 1 million posts barrier.

Congratulations to Admin & Nik for all the time & hard work they put in.

:drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:

Offline cueball

Yes, that quite something.

Well done ukp

DannyJames

That's fantastic.

Well done UKP.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Let's not forget, without the original half dozen members the forum would never have got off the ground, some are still with us -------- King Nuts, Marmalade.

Many people remained loyal to the "other forum" for quite a few years, they know who they are.    :hi:

Offline NIK

Let's not forget, without the original half dozen members the forum would never have got off the ground, some are still with us -------- King Nuts, Marmalade.

Many people remained loyal to the "other forum" for quite a few years, they know who they are.    :hi:

I supposed they weighed up the choices and decided to play safe rather than take a chance. I had no option but to take a chance as I'd been banned for telling the truth over there.
What I will always remember, certainly from around 2007 when the other place came back (I'd been a member since the beginning around '99) and it was clear it was no longer a punters forum, was that every time I talked about starting an alternative forum I always received plenty of private support, so I knew there was a market for it. I just didn't know how big. Of course I never dreamed it would ultimately be so overwhelming.  :yahoo:
Every time I mentioned on that board that I was receiving support for a proper punters forum they said I was lying, as did a similarly biased and useless local forum which also eventually banned me.
Well now I think they all know I wasn't.  :D
When UKP eventually started they insisted it would be a failure.
How totally, utterly and completely wrong they were will stay with me forever.  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:45:42 am by NIK »

Offline Bangers and Gash

Does the million'th poster get a prize?  ;)

Offline smiths

Well done to admin and NIK in particular and those early members including Jacob who did a hell off a lot of work to out A/W scammers.

UKP is now firmly established as the premier punting forum in the UK.

DoberManic

Congratulations NIK & Admin  :hi:

That's one hell of an achievement for a forum  :drinks:

Offline scoobyboy72

Congratulations!

I'd be lost without this site.
Banned reason: Requested in pm to Admin
Banned by: Head1

Offline Nagilum

A mighty fine job indeed. 

I have never seen a forum run so well and most importantly, fairly.

To celebrate I may go for a TOFTT tonight, bizarre logic maybe, but its an acknowledgement of the work.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:03:50 pm by Nagilum »

Offline TomTank

Can't put my finger on it, so interested in what others think, but this has become the forum I now go to first.

I'm guessing the other one is the one with a similar name that is a bit of a "net" - I first went on there must be 20 years ago when I saw an article about it in a newspaper. It doesn't seem to have moved forward and the site is a bit cumbersome to navigate.

As for the "local" one I'm based near Manchester, and it has been a useful resource, but the owner's agenda and psychotic interference spoils it.

This one can be a little OTT in its language describing our lady friends, but it's an honest, straight forward site, and it's easy to navigate, and people have a sense of humour. Admin only seem to interfere when they think something has gone off track, not when they decide they want to flex their muscles.

Well done to all.

Offline Roth

Yep a free this is the go-to forum for punting.   :thumbsup: Thanks to Admin, Nic and the others who make it all work for our benefit.  :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Offline Tony_Red

A big thanks to NIK, Mods and of course the punters who put UKP first  :thumbsup:

Offline Jamboney

Great achievement & such a useful forum  :thumbsup:

Lz-129

Great forum and a fantastic achievement, congrats to admin and all those that contribute to make ukp no1

Chuckman

An excellent achievement and congrats and thank you to admin, nik and everybody else in making it the premier forum for punting in the UK!    :cool: :thumbsup:

Offline webpunter

Stumbled across UKP quite by chance.  It was my lucky day
Felt better than winning £250 on the lottery - which i have been lucky enuf to have happen a few times.  Have kept quiet about this with MrsWP & have re-invested in punting
Having got to the 2K mark on posts i feel proud to have contributed 0.2% of the total.  Mostly complete shite but hopefully just on the odd occasion a funny one or some minor nugget of info
The only one perhaps [just] worthy of comment is that having just joined UKP i sent Vorian some message about Mnet.  He'd been around a while & was all over UKP.  He put two & two together and out popped ParisB.  Know he got banned subsequently but he sent me a PM & mentioned the phrase that i was a "butterfly flapping its wings"
The point is not about me as a member.  At all.  But i did feel proud at the time.  Its about how little things - now matter how inocuous at the time - all add together.  And this is UKP at its very finest
Let's not forget.  Its also riotously good fun.  Bring on 2mill !!!  :drinks: :drinks:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:02:25 am by webpunter »

Offline PaintBrush

Great shout gents, well impressed.

Many thanks for all the help, advice and entertainment UKP provides

Offline Bumbuttass

Just out of sheer curiosity, who was the millionth poster & what was the post? I'm sure the techno wizards have a way of finding out

OldAdmin

Just out of sheer curiosity, who was the millionth poster & what was the post? I'm sure the techno wizards have a way of finding out

This one below:
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=86436.msg1060908#msg1060908

Not sure we have anyone in Cardiff/South Wales that ticks all those boxes - and if we do where the hell has she been hiding!

Offline Bumbuttass

Cheers Admin.

And well done WelshMichael. Hats off to you sir  :hi:

Offline webpunter

And well done WelshMichael. Hats off to you sir  :hi:
WM - congrats - you won 1st prize. An hour with one off HP's HL
Number 999,999 is 2nd prize = 2hrs
Number 1,000,001 is 3rd prize = 3hrs
 :lol:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:13:47 am by webpunter »

OldAdmin

It took 5.5 years to reach 1 million.

But currently the site is doing 1,250 posts per day.

So should hit 2 million in just over 2 years from today.

Would be sooner had UKE not been created few months ago, because UKE caused number of daily UKP posts to drop by 300+ (from peak of 1,360/day), however UKP has since grown and will reach it's pre-UKE daily post count in next 2 months or so.

I do check stats often ;)

Offline webpunter

Crikey - the longest post i've ever read :)   Think something went adrift.  One thread doing the rounds @ the mo is certainly boosting the no's !

Offline NIK

Would be sooner had UKE not been created few months ago, because UKE caused number of daily UKP posts to drop by 300+ (from peak of 1,360/day), however UKP has since grown and will reach it's pre-UKE daily post count in next 2 months or so.

The page views have also increased phenomenally each year and are now running into the millions.

It has to be remembered that the 28,000 for 2010 was just from August when we began.

However since then it has been:
2011 4.1 million
2012  8.1
2013 28.2
2014 78.7
2015 108.2

And so far this year already 17.1 million.
Can it keep increasing forever?   :yahoo:

5th Musketeer

More power to you - it appears that you have cornered the market with UKP in punter exchanges - and also in UKE with a more relaxed environment - which together make up the vast majority of the need that is out there.  :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

SUMO61

I often wonder about the selfless-ness required to run a free Forum. The epitome of community work, if you like. All that aggro and effort, to allow men (and some women) of a certain ilk to talk, banter, argue, bicker and when shit comes to shove, put an arm round each other and provide support.

Quite amazing and i'm a very grateful member ( pardon the pun)  Many congratulations and a sincere thank you :drinks:

cognito

While admin and the moderators should deservedly get credit for running a tight ship without being overbearing, I would like to say a big thank you to all the members of the forum particularly the major contributors at this landmark moment. After all it is the people in it that create a nice community.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:23:39 pm by cognito »

aniz

I like to thank the admin for there wonderful work,
keep up the good work.
thank you again