Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Best value SIM card?  (Read 920 times)

Offline Sparta Prada

I'm still using an o2 PAYG SIM card on my locked mobile which is costing me £10 each time to top up, which is each month. So I'm going to get the handset unlocked and get a lower priced PAYG SIM card.

Lycamobile appear to have a PAYG SIM card available where for £5 you get 150 texts and 150 minutes call time. No data but I don't need it for my punting phone. I'm guessing there isn't a better PAYG deal available, or is there?

Clarkson

Switched to TPO last week good standard rates uses EE network.

External Link/Members Only

LL

Three is the cheapest but you need a phone capable of 3G (a feature not found on a typical £10 throwaway punting phone). 3p a minute for calls (including calls to other mobiles), 2p for texts. My £10 topup in my punting phone has lasted for months. I can't remember the last time I bought a topup.

LL

Oops sorry, something wrong with my addin' up today :D.  The deal you found is of course cheaper than Three as 150 texts and 150 minutes on Three would come in at £7.50

Offline DickDiver

Switched to TPO last week good standard rates uses EE network.

Is delivery the only way to get the SIM, Clarkson? Was the packaging discrete?

DannyJames

I use a three sim on their 321 payg deal.

Offline Sparta Prada

I use a three sim on their 321 payg deal.
Just had a look at this. Usually with PAYG the allocated texts and minutes are valid for 30 days only. If you take up this plan is there not a time limit for the texts and minutes to be used up?

Offline rg41

Three is the cheapest but you need a phone capable of 3G (a feature not found on a typical £10 throwaway punting phone). 3p a minute for calls (including calls to other mobiles), 2p for texts. My £10 topup in my punting phone has lasted for months. I can't remember the last time I bought a topup.

Last year I tried a three.co.uk Sim and out of six attempts only one attempt connect, I took it back to three.co.uk/ and they refunded me all of the credit on the phone.

I am now on ASDA mobile PAYG who use the EE network and every call is connected, 8p per min calls and 4p text, you just need to make a chargeable call every three months.

You can order a free sim External Link/Members Only , they also do bundles.

Offline Taggart

Last year I tried a three.co.uk Sim and out of six attempts only one attempt connect, I took it back to three.co.uk/ and they refunded me all of the credit on the phone.

I am now on ASDA mobile PAYG who use the EE network and every call is connected, 8p per min calls and 4p text, you just need to make a chargeable call every three months.

+1

Yes I use Asda too, easy to manage, no 30 day expiry. Widespread network coverage too.

Offline Sparta Prada

Now this would suit me down to the ground. God knows how long 1000 minutes will last me for a punting phone, a couple of years minimum???

Offline rg41

Now this would suit me down to the ground. God knows how long 1000 minutes will last me for a punting phone, a couple of years minimum???

The PAYG dose not have a 30 day limit.
The bundles last for 30 days.

Offline Sparta Prada

The PAYG dose not have a 30 day limit.
The bundles last for 30 days.
Based on my experience wth o2's PAYG I would say that they limit your service once 30 days elapses from topping up, even if you have any minutes or texts remaining. But thanks for introducing the Asda SIM, I will probably get one.

DannyJames

Just had a look at this. Usually with PAYG the allocated texts and minutes are valid for 30 days only. If you take up this plan is there not a time limit for the texts and minutes to be used up?

I don't get a bundle of mins or texts when I top up, just the £10 (or whatever the amount) and usually a 'free' data allowance of 150mb. You can use the credit to buy 'add-ons' but I never have done - I think these last for 30 days.

I think the Ts&Cs probably say something like make one call or text every 6 months in order to prevent credit expiring, but that shouldn't be an issue for many.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:47:46 pm by DannyJames »