but as I had not paid upfront and I was getting the fee counted, she asked if I could cover the additional time.
What are the thoughts here?
I haven't read the whole thread. I stopped at Nagilums post as I think he has posted the answer.
1. She has always thought about charging extra and this time tried her luck.
If this is the first booking she waited till the end for her money (something that never-ever happens the WG taking the money at the end). Then this was a conscious choice of hers from the start due to the previous bookings running over.
So if this is the case, and this is the first booking it has been pay at the end then there are a few ways to look at it.
Firstly, she obviously made a deliberate decision of not caring if it run over (or deliberately herself tried to make it run over) just to try and get more money out of you this time.
But the other way to look at it is, if she wants it, and you do not pay that is bye-bye regular as she probably wont allow any more bookings from you.
This really is one of those 'it depends' issues. My stance on it is reading it today. (Which i appreciate may change depending on my mood as it really is a 'it completely depends on how you look at this' type situation), but at the moment my stance would be.
1. She is the professional, you are paying her to be professional and manage the bookings. If she let it run over for another hour then its her fault. She should have agreed the extra hour as soon as the first one ended. If she did not, then its a freebie.
2. As the customer its not your responsibility to let her know your time is up. Time management is her responsibility being the service provider.
3. If you booked her and left early. Or even just sat chatting the entire time, no way would she or any WG refund you a penny in either circumstance. They would come back and say 'tough that is you fault'.
4. If she deliberately changed it to pay at the end, then it was a deliberate ploy to drag this out to then ask for more money. Not professional at all.
The only thing to think about is she may have just asked for this not as a demand, but as a 'you be nice to me and do this for me' type request to you. Similar to when a WG cancels last minute and you ask for a discount off a subsequent booking. They don't have to do this, they are just in effect doing a good turn (or better put on the WGs behalf, showing good business logic) by agreeing to this request. Many WGs will say nope no discounts no matter what.
So the nitty gritty of it is, do you want to book this girl again, and have her still be on good terms with you when you do. If so pay that extra, if not, don't.
Or you don't want to pay, but want to see if you can still see her again, you could try to wing it a little and say something like, thanks for doing this and if you want I will bring you a nice gift for you doing this today for the next time we see each other. And then just take a box of chocolates along to the next booking.
That really is it in my eyes.