Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Pattaya advice  (Read 10380 times)

Offline Vivago

Thanks Jimmy, I may give it a try, After tonight I've still go 4 more nights to go, Think I'm gonna be a wimp and take an early night, I've scored once today anyhow, Just feel really rough, I need to stop drinking beer from lunchtime and start taking on more water!
Before you leave, haul your sorry ass down Walking Street at night, its a sight to behold with the mingling of tarts, punters and Asian tour groups marching behind their flag waving leaders as if they are looking round the Tower of London. See some of the best looking girls in Pattaya in the Lighthouse and some of the naughtiest in The Windmill on Soi Diamond. You can't leave Pattaya without visiting The Walking Street. It would be sacrilege. :rolleyes:
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Vivago

Before you leave, haul your sorry ass down Walking Street at night, its a sight to behold with the mingling of tarts, punters and Asian tour groups marching behind their flag waving leaders as if they are looking round the Tower of London. See some of the best looking girls in Pattaya in the Lighthouse and some of the naughtiest in The Windmill on Soi Diamond. You can't leave Pattaya without visiting Walking Street. It would be sacrilege. :rolleyes:

Offline Vivago

Sorry, I appear to have somehow ended up quoting myself. :lol: Its late, I'm pissed and shagged out. Apologies. :unknown:

Offline Jerboa

Yes, indeed it does ---------------------- however you have the chance to prove me wrong.    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Find a You-Tube clip of pretty Pattaya bargirls, in your own time, no hurry.     :hi:

Ok for starters these bargirls don't look bad.
External Link/Members Only

Offline blueruin

Here is a decent recent vid of soi6.

soi 6 keeps me happy during the day, a few beers, some great people watching, nip upstairs for a short time and then do it all again.

The lady boys are easy to avoid.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Ok for starters these bargirls don't look bad.

Nothing special ----- and I didn't mean still photos, I meant clips of bargirls.    :hi:

Spanky_bum_time

Some of the bargirls on the walk from hotel to walking street aren't too bad, The thing I don't like is you get 5 or 6 and one of them try's to attach themselves to you and it's usually the worst one or a ladyboy!.. Still, you can buy one drink out of politeness have a chat and move on, With the girls standing by the beach you can at least pick one that takes your fancy and move on to the clubs before going back to hotel!

This trip has been an education! I've made mistakes such as drinking too much beer and not enough water and also not eating enough and not giving myself enough time to get over the jet lag (1st holiday in 25 years!) I intend to return but may stay at a different hotel, This one is ok but I put latch on door when I'm in chilling or Kipping and sometimes the latch has moved as though someone has tried to enter! I've also come back from a quick trip to shop to find door slightly open when it was locked when I left!!

It was all booked with less than week to go but no regrets! I have discovered flights are still cheap direct with eva or thai even if booked months in advance (cheaper than what i paid!) and hotel choices will be better/cheaper if booked in advance, I'm paying £58 a night for a king size suite at SS with sea views, it was last room available and I chose hotel due to good reviews, If booked in advance then a £25 to £30 a night room would be adequate!

Also next time I come I'm gonna stay in Bangkok for a few nights 1st!

Other things I've learnt are taxis are cheap and plentiful so no need to panic and book in advance although it's nice to have a taxi waiting! Next time I won't bring all my Baht from home.. I exchanged at 48.30 baht best rate on high street i could find... At airport it's 52 baht! Also I shall get myself a punting phone so I can get a sim at airport and leave my iPad and business mobile at home, left business mobile in safe and just use iPad with hotel wifi so when I go out all I have on me is cash.

Having a chilled out day in hotel until about 16:30 when things start to get busier! Today has been coolest day so far but tues and weds forecast to be hottest.

No regrets about coming alone although may have been even more fun if a friend had come as well but I only say that as I'm a self confessed introvert and being with friends brings out confidence in me.

Hoping to come again in May (birthday month!) but as I'm in process of buying my 1st house will depend how long it takes!

Offline Vivago

Bloody hell, who did you book the hotel through? You was ripped off. I paid 1700 baht (about £34) a night for a room with a sea view on my recent stay.

Are you saying that you returned to your room and found the door open. That is bad. Did you report it to Reception. Housekeeping will enter your room once a day to clean and maybe a second time if the minibar needs restocking. I can't imagine that they would leave your door open.

Have you taken any girls back to your room yet or have you only done in-calls at MP's?

Spanky_bum_time

Booked through hotels.com - I've got 2 rooms, one with a settee and one with a king size bed, also got 2 x t.v's and 2 bathrooms, in room safe as well.

Reported to reception, it was about 2pm, They didn't know anything, nothing was missing.

Had 2 back so far, 1 an all nighter from a beer bar on 2nd day here, The 2nd from an agency, also sampled the goods 'incall' at massage parlours, Surprised how clean the girls are, showers before and after and the agency girl insisted I join her so she could soap me down

Modified to add-

Just had a look at hotels.com for May, SS not showing so may be booked up for chosen dates, Found walking street guest house, £84 for 7 nights, excellent reviews and rated 4.1/5 !
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:00:27 am by Spanky_bum_time »

Offline blueruin

Booked through hotels.com - I've got 2 rooms, one with a settee and one with a king size bed, also got 2 x t.v's and 2 bathrooms, in room safe as well.

Reported to reception, it was about 2pm, They didn't know anything, nothing was missing.

Had 2 back so far, 1 an all nighter from a beer bar on 2nd day here, The 2nd from an agency, also sampled the goods 'incall' at massage parlours, Surprised how clean the girls are, showers before and after and the agency girl insisted I join her so she could soap me down

Modified to add-

Just had a look at hotels.com for May, SS not showing so may be booked up for chosen dates, Found walking street guest house, £84 for 7 nights, excellent reviews and rated 4.1/5 !
2 rooms? a suite then?  not sure you need that, one room for shagging and one room for sleeping?

Spanky_bum_time

2 rooms? a suite then?  not sure you need that, one room for shagging and one room for sleeping?

No, I don't need it, I selected the hotel on reviews as wanted to make sure 1st trip was not ruined by crap hotel, When I went to room selection this was only room available.

Looking towards may there are a lot more hotels available to choose from.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Next time I won't bring all my Baht from home.. I exchanged at 48.30 baht best rate on high street i could find... At airport it's 52 baht!

It's not 52 at the airport ---------------- that is the rate if you want to BUY sterling with Baht ---------- you give them 520 baht to get £10, I know because I changed up some baht on my way home.

The best rate I got in Pattaya was 50.60.

NEVER get your baht in the UK.     :hi: :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Bad choice of room for one person ----------- why would you need 2 bathrooms.   :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Next time try Expedia ------------- and don't believe them when they say "last room", Pattaya hotels are rarely full unless you are going over Christmas or New Year.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I wouldn't stay near Walking Street if the room was free.     :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

James999

Nothing special ----- and I didn't mean still photos, I meant clips of bargirls.   

They don't have to be Jimmy, it's not a miss world contest, Thailand is a Giant Sex supermarket offering cheap sex (perhaps £20 / £30) to generally poor old men, the men leave the factory for a couple of weeks and go to Thailand to pretend to be kings for a few days, getting cheap sex with much younger girls.

Not everyone likes everything on offer, but I still suspect 99.999999% are still "out of your league" if you were not paying them, you don't go into the supermarket and stand by the value kitchen roll and keep telling everyone how it's not the best, the same with Thailand if you don't like don't buy. But the appeal is warm weather and the cheap sex supermarket, if you don't like it don't shop there, but you say you've been 25 times so it must have some appeal.

Offline Jimmyredcab

They don't have to be Jimmy, it's not a miss world contest, Thailand is a Giant Sex supermarket offering cheap sex (perhaps £20 / £30) to generally poor old men, the men leave the factory for a couple of weeks and go to Thailand to pretend to be kings for a few days, getting cheap sex with much younger girls.

Not everyone likes everything on offer, but I still suspect 99.999999% are still "out of your league" if you were not paying them, you don't go into the supermarket and stand by the value kitchen roll and keep telling everyone how it's not the best, the same with Thailand if you don't like don't buy. But the appeal is warm weather and the cheap sex supermarket, if you don't like it don't shop there, but you say you've been 25 times so it must have some appeal.

26 times now.

In 2004 I went to Thailand 4 times ------------ this was my first visit for 2 years, the novelty has certainly worn off.

Yes, you can have an ugly bitch all night for £30 but add on flight and hotel costs and it is not such a bargain.

James999

all night for £30 but add on flight and hotel costs and it is not such a bargain.

Remember Jimmy not everyone will go there and just see one girl, many will see a couple during the day and another at night, so over a fourtnight thats 40 ish girls.

But again no one is forced to "shop there" you need to remember that others are being bitten by the bug you clearly were bitten by, the girls have not changed you have  :music:

Spanky_bum_time

Remember Jimmy not everyone will go there and just see one girl, many will see a couple during the day and another at night, so over a fourtnight thats 40 ish girls.

But again no one is forced to "shop there" you need to remember that others are being bitten by the bug you clearly were bitten by, the girls have not changed you have  :music:

And I'm finding it a lot less hassle than punting in the uk! The girls are fine by my standard  :D the only guys I notice walking about alone are bald fat old guys (no offence meant  :wackogirl: ) most of the younger guys like myself are in pairs or groups but then again I am independent and it'll be good practise for when I'm old fat n bald!  :wacko: what I don't get is these older/chubbier/bald etc guys have the prettiest Thai girls on their arms... Where the heck do they find them?!

Anyhow it's 17:20 local and I've just got back from a walk from hotel to walking street entrance and back, very quiet so I'm gonna have a bite then goe and try my luck with a street girl, saw a real nice one last night but I was exhausted and she went off with 3 Indians!  :lol:

James999

she went off with 3 Indians!

They were probably splitting the cost, you know what they're like with money  :sarcastic:

Good that you're having fun  :hi:

Spanky_bum_time

They were probably splitting the cost, you know what they're like with money  :sarcastic:

:D very good!

I don't think I've even touched the surface on this visit, will be fun to come back maybe even stay in different hotels in different parts of pattaya as well as a few days in Bangkok.

Offline Vivago

Anyhow it's 1720 local and I've just got back from a walk from hotel to walking street entrance and back, very quiet so I'm gonna have a bite then goe and try my luck with a street girl, saw a real nice one last night but I was exhausted and she went off with 3 Indians!  :lol:

Can't have been that nice if she was up for a Bombay special :D Are you sure that she was not a he? TS's are more likely to be up for a party. Only the more desperate girls on Beach Road would consider entertaining more than one Indian. They have a bad rep for dodging paying and other nefarious practices. The better quality fl's are quite choosy when it comes to 'khaeks' and I saw several Indian chaps being turned down outright during my recent visit.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I'm gonna have a bite then goe and try my luck with a street girl, saw a real nice one last night but I was exhausted and she went off with 3 Indians! :lol:

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

Offline Jimmyredcab

The better quality fl's are quite choosy.

Good quality freelancers don't work beach road -------------- more likely Marine Disco.

Beach road is full of skanks and ladyboys.      :hi:

Offline Vivago

Good quality freelancers don't work beach road -------------- more likely Marine Disco.

I didn't say good quality. I said better quality. There is a difference. Although having said that, I have come across girls on Beach Road who I would subjectively say were solid 7's with the very occasional marginal 8. These girls tend to be snapped up fast so its a question of been in the right place at the right time.

Spanky_bum_time

Well I've eaten too much dinner!.. Having to relax for a bit, Still it's not quite 7pm yet so should be early enough!

Offline Jimmyredcab

Well I've eaten too much dinner!.. Having to relax for a bit, Still it's not quite 7pm yet so should be early enough!

Have you tried Pattaya Beer Garden.   ??

Good place to relax during the afternoon, decent food while looking out to the sea.

Walk along beach road towards Walking Street, just before you reach WS you will see the boxing ring bars on your right, go right to the back on the right hand side.

Offline blueruin

Go for a BJ, relax with beer in hand, while an expert does her stuff. No need for a massage, Closest BJ bar to you is Lolita's I think, other side of LK metro from you on soi chaiyapoon.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Go for a BJ, relax with beer in hand, while an expert does her stuff. No need for a massage, Closest BJ bar to you is Lolita's I think, other side of LK metro from you on soi chaiyapoon.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Jerboa

Modified to add-

I can understand why you booked in advance, your first trip and you wanted a well reviewed hotel. But you overpaid, for that money I'd expect a penthouse suite with hot and cold running BJ's! That's why I advised you to book a couple of days in advance, then decide if you want to stay, or find something else, it's a buyers market, plenty of choice, a lot of which won't be found on the internet sites, as I said you can get clean decent room for 500-1000thb, not sure why you'd need to pay European prices for a room in Patts, is it because you're thinking with western idea of what a hotel room costs?

At least you know you made a booboo exchanging GBP-THB in UK, British banks don't need a reason to rape your arse, never ever exchange small world currencies like the baht before going, as the bank will always extract the urine, change a small amount at Bkk airport, they won't give best rate, then get better rate in Patts.

Spanky_bum_time

Have you tried Pattaya Beer Garden.   ??

Good place to relax during the afternoon, decent food while looking out to the sea.

Walk along beach road towards Walking Street, just before you reach WS you will see the boxing ring bars on your right, go right to the back on the right hand side.

Well well well!! What a night, did not read your suggestion before heading out but walked along the beach side of road intent on picking a street girl, was not many decent about so headed to the beer bars just before walking street entrance, think this is where you meant, saw a boxing ring and was some bouts going on, anyhow I sat at the 1st bar in thinking I'd have 1 beer and then try the street girls again, didn't go to plan!! 2 absolute lovelies served me, we talked, played 4 in a row, I wasn't sure if they were available as not tarted up like some of the girls at same bar (some looked like ladyboys) and English wasn't so good (thought they may have been the owners), I noticed a jap seemingly attempt to negotiate with 1 I like but was brushed off, nothing ventured nothing gained as they had allow me to buy them 2 drinks each so I asked if I could take her out, she said yes, 300bht fine plus 2kbht for all night, so I went for it, says she is 22 and was about 4 foot tall, beautiful body, got her back to hotel and had a good session, best FK and DFK I've ever experienced, anyhow she was supposed to stay the night and we were getting down to kip but she'd got a cough and thought it best to go home (I was struggling to get to sleep anyhow!) would have loved another round with her so tight pussy but decided to keep to my nice guy character! She knocked the price down to 1500 baht and I walked her to reception, She says she will be there again tomorrow although I'd promised to see her mate!

Will see what tomorrow brings! (And no I'm not turning into a fluffy!!)

For those that commented on bj's, they don't really do it for me, sexy dancing, stripping and FK n DFK are my biggest turn ons.

Something that has surprised me is how clean the girls are, showers before and after!

Oh well.. Still can't sleep so gonna raid the minibar for a bottle of Chang, the night is young but I'm afraid I've rather drained myself!!

Offline Jerboa

Well well well!! What a night, did not read your suggestion before heading out but walked along the beach side of road intent on picking a street girl, was not many decent about so headed to the beer bars just before walking street entrance, think this is where you meant, saw a boxing ring and was some bouts going on, anyhow I sat at the 1st bar in thinking I'd have 1 beer and then try the street girls again, didn't go to plan!! 2 absolute lovelies served me, we talked, played 4 in a row, I wasn't sure if they were available as not tarted up like some of the girls at same bar (some looked like ladyboys) and English wasn't so good (thought they may have been the owners), I noticed a jap seemingly attempt to negotiate with 1 I like but was brushed off, nothing ventured nothing gained as they had allow me to buy them 2 drinks each so I asked if I could take her out, she said yes, 300bht fine plus 2kbht for all night, so I went for it, says she is 22 and was about 4 foot tall, beautiful body, got her back to hotel and had a good session, best FK and DFK I've ever experienced, anyhow she was supposed to stay the night and we were getting down to kip but she'd got a cough and thought it best to go home (I was struggling to get to sleep anyhow!) would have loved another round with her so tight pussy but decided to keep to my nice guy character! She knocked the price down to 1500 baht and I walked her to reception, She says she will be there again tomorrow although I'd promised to see her mate!

Will see what tomorrow brings! (And no I'm not turning into a fluffy!!)

For those that commented on bj's, they don't really do it for me, sexy dancing, stripping and FK n DFK are my biggest turn ons.

Something that has surprised me is how clean the girls are, showers before and after!

Oh well.. Still can't sleep so gonna raid the minibar for a bottle of Chang, the night is young but I'm afraid I've rather drained myself!!

2k LT is on the high side for a beer bar girl, 1500 would of been fair, that old chestnut of cough and aircon, I had one girl try that with me, even when aircon was off, you should of just paid her ST for that 1k max, yes be nice but don't let them take the piss of your good nature, and have you told every girl you meet this is your first trip? If so you are a walking target.

Offline Jimmyredcab

yes be nice but don't let them take the piss of your good nature.

He said earlier that he bought a ladydrink for a girl even though he didn't fancy her, bad policy, you can't buy every girl in Pattaya a drink ------ also once you have bought her a ladydrink she will not go away.    :bomb:

Spanky_bum_time

Jerboa: I did think she may have been acting, I mean I noticed she came with stuff for overnight such as toothbrush and toothpaste but these girls are not stupid! Having said that she could have demanded the full 2k bht. I'm asked all the time if it's my 1st time and must admit I just say yes.

Jimmy: I fancied her a little but was deciding which to have and she was giving me more attention than her friend!

Offline Jimmyredcab

Jerboa: I did think she may have been acting, I mean I noticed she came with stuff for overnight such as toothbrush and toothpaste but these girls are not stupid! Having said that she could have demanded the full 2k bht.

What she "demands" and what she gets are totally different.     :hi: :hi: :hi:

I took a girl from Nana Plaza a few years ago, agreed 3000 baht all night, she cut it short to a couple of hours, I cut her payment to 2000 baht.

That is why you must NEVER pay these girls upfront.    :hi:

Spanky_bum_time

I'm learning all the time Jimmy, so far I'm happy, I don't look back and thing a girl has ripped me off, I'm sure I'll get better with experience, 3 nights to go and I'm already thinking of my next trip here!

Offline Jimmyredcab

I'm learning all the time Jimmy, so far I'm happy, I don't look back and thing a girl has ripped me off, I'm sure I'll get better with experience, 3 nights to go and I'm already thinking of my next trip here!

I think the major difference between us is that you find Thai girls attractive and I don't.     :hi: :hi:

Let me explain about buying ladydrinks.    :thumbsup:

If you sit down at a bar the chances are that the least attractive will approach you first ----------- they have to try harder, you must learn to reject them without feeling guilty, try to make eye contact with the one that you fancy and then buy the ladydrink.

Your next visit will be better because you will have learnt from this trip.   :hi:

James999

If you sit down at a bar the chances are that the least attractive will approach you first ----------- they have to try harder, you must learn to reject them without feeling guilty, try to make eye contact with the one that you fancy and then buy the ladydrink.

Your next visit will be better because you will have learnt from this trip.   :hi:

That's the part of Thailand I didn't like, the way you enter a bar and the girls seem to pick you, It would be much better if they just leave you alone to look around and pick the one you like, but then I suppose the less attractive ones wouldn't like to work that way as they'd go hungry  :unknown:

Offline Jimmyredcab

That's the part of Thailand I didn't like, the way you enter a bar and the girls seem to pick you, It would be much better if they just leave you alone to look around and pick the one you like, but then I suppose the less attractive ones wouldn't like to work that way as they'd go hungry  :unknown:

Newbies are afraid to hurt their feelings --------- I just send them on their way.    :hi: :hi:

Offline Jerboa

Jerboa: I did think she may have been acting, I mean I noticed she came with stuff for overnight such as toothbrush and toothpaste but these girls are not stupid! Having said that she could have demanded the full 2k bht. I'm asked all the time if it's my 1st time and must admit I just say yes.

Jimmy: I fancied her a little but was deciding which to have and she was giving me more attention than her friend!

There you go then, most bargirls favourite customers are first timers, who are easy for the girls to wrap around their finger, punting in LOS is all a game, never admit to being inexperienced to bargirls, as some will take advantage. The girl guessed she could cut the deal short, and she got 2k wages which is a nice earner, probably went back to her bar to show off her wages to her mates, went to Insomnia, or went home to her boyfriend/girlfriend.

Offline Vivago

I think the major difference between us is that you find Thai girls attractive and I don't.     :hi: :hi:

:lol: :lol: why on Earth do you keep returning for? Unless you are either a masochistic misogynist or into Thai men. :scare:

Spanky_bum_time

Jerboa: it was 1500  :rolleyes: yes she probably went back and possibly even pulled in another punter, I wasn't too bothered as the punt itself was my 2nd best of all time!  :dance:

Considering not punting at all on return home, can be so much hassle arranging and if does go ahead is more often than not disapointing, I'm lucky enough that I could come out once a month if wanted although with work commitments once every 2 months will be more likely, wether i can go more than a week without action is another thing!!

Offline Bangers and Gash

Thanks Spanky for keeping us up to date on your escapades in Patts.

Now that you're coming to the end of your 1st trip I've got a few questions for ya.  :hi:

How many pro$$ies have you fucked?
Which types of places did you pick them up from?
Did you play safe. ie, OW only, etc?
Did you get the shits?
What's the general attitude of thai pro$$ies?
Did you catch a dose of EAS?
Did you fuck a lady boy?

:hi:

Spanky_bum_time

Now that you're coming to the end of your 1st trip I've got a few questions for ya.  :hi:

Did you get the shits?
Did you fuck a lady boy?

Spanky_bum_time

Did you get the shits?
Did you fuck a lady boy?

Have only fucked 5 so far mainly down to fact I overdid it a bit early on and needed a rest!

Have tried most, incalls at massage parlours, agency girl from Devils den and beer bar girls, Still want to sample a street girl but not got round to it! Only been up walking street once and that was to go to a nightclub with a girl from a beer bar.

Always play safe with mr todg, I don't like BJ's anyhow, I love giving oral and FK and DFK tho.

No, brought some anti diarrhoea tablets with me tho! There's a certain smell about the place, can't quite put my finger on what it is but it puts me off eating! I've basically just eaten English meals from hotel (boring I know).

The general attitude I get is they're eager to please, the massage parlour girls probably more so. Watch out for the ladyboys as they are bit over the top, the chap at Devils den told me to not look them in eye and I'd be ok!

The dreaded EAS!! Nope! Came very close with the Sunday night beer bar girl due to me ranking it my 2nd best punt of all time! Which is probably why I'm glad she left early as I'm sure I would have felt awful in morning if she had stayed.

No! Just couldn't imagine being able to do this, early on I did get called out at a beer bar and went over, sat down n ladyboy sat next to me, had a good evening playing pool but I made my excuses and declined opportunity to go further!

I'll be the first to admit I've not done a great lot but I am shy/introverted and it takes me a while to get going, funnily this seems to mainly be case when on own as i am here, if i had a friend here I'd probably be trying to show off! I've never been any good at chatting up women, my longest 'relationship' was with a girl I met through an online chat room, I think that's why I punt as I know I'm gonna get some! Over here there is some element of 'chatting up' required and I've noticed beer bar girls declining certain men, also noticed street girls turning down offers.
I've only scratched the surface, I've not been on any trips or tried street food or Thai food, I'm here to chill out, enjoy the sunshine and get laid!
Hopefully I've learnt a lot and will be coming out here again soon.

Offline Bangers and Gash

Cheers for the reply Spanky. Just a few more questions before you head off to bang some nubile bit of totty  :D

Have you got chatting to any other ex-pat/punters whilst there? 
Did you buy all your own condoms before leaving the UK, or do the pro$$ies prefer to use their own? 
Did you get a visa on arrival, or before travelling?
What's the music like over there - It's not all techno techno shit is it?
What bit of advice would you now give yourself as a newbie last week?

Offline Jimmyredcab

No Visa is needed for British passport holders -------------- unless you plan to stay for over 30 days.

If you overstay you have to pay a fine at the airport when you leave.   

Spanky_bum_time

Cheers for the reply Spanky. Just a few more questions before you head off to bang some nubile bit of totty  :D

Have you got chatting to any other ex-pat/punters whilst there? 
Did you buy all your own condoms before leaving the UK, or do the pro$$ies prefer to use their own? 
What's the music like over there - It's not all techno techno shit is it?
What bit of advice would you now give yourself as a newbie last week?

Tried to make chat with punters/expats but their a bit 'cold' the younger ones are in pairs or groups, it's mainly the older chubbier balder ones on own so I stick out a bit! The place also seems popular with Germans, Indians and Japs. The only decent convo I've had was at Heathrow with a guy who was in pattaya for xmas, said I'd love it, think he was staying in Bangkok this time tho.

Bought all my own condoms off eBay which I then forgot to pack! So went to a chemist and bought some, pack of 3 durex was 75baht roughly £1.50 cheaper available but went for known brand, the massage girls and Devils den girl supplied own but beer bar girl I used mine.

Visas: think the rules are that you can stay for upto 4 weeks without a visa and can then not return for 3 months although on the plane you have to fill in an immigration slip with basic details such as where your staying, on arrival you get picture taken at airport, if your lucky like me you can get out of airport in 10 minutes.

Music, some of the beer bars had Thai music, some English, another place had a band playing, the nightclub was loud techno.

Advice I'd give myself: if it's a punting holiday and you plan on doing little else choose a good hotel with a pool central to location that way you can save money by chilling in the day and be close to action by night.
Travel light, get out of airport quicker. (Plenty of cheap clothes here!)
Have a taxi booked ready for your arrival.
Get a direct flight.. Worth spending the extra!
O.K... I already did the above after researching for myself but for future I'd add..
Only change small amount of currency in uk, much better rates at airport and pattaya.
Get a punting phone and stick a tourist sim in (handy for maps and playing on if want to ignore ladyboys at bars!)
Only other thing I can think of is fact it took me a couple of days to get over jet lag and over doing booze on those days buggered me up!

..oh ye, already had my fill today at massage parlour so chilling now! (It's 4am and I can't sleep!)

Offline Jerboa

Tried to make chat with punters/expats but their a bit 'cold' the younger ones are in pairs or groups, it's mainly the older chubbier balder ones on own so I stick out a bit! The place also seems popular with Germans, Indians and Japs. The only decent convo I've had was at Heathrow with a guy who was in pattaya for xmas, said I'd love it, think he was staying in Bangkok this time tho.

Bought all my own condoms off eBay which I then forgot to pack! So went to a chemist and bought some, pack of 3 durex was 75baht roughly £1.50 cheaper available but went for known brand, the massage girls and Devils den girl supplied own but beer bar girl I used mine.

Visas: think the rules are that you can stay for upto 4 weeks without a visa and can then not return for 3 months although on the plane you have to fill in an immigration slip with basic details such as where your staying, on arrival you get picture taken at airport, if your lucky like me you can get out of airport in 10 minutes.

Music, some of the beer bars had Thai music, some English, another place had a band playing, the nightclub was loud techno.

Advice I'd give myself: if it's a punting holiday and you plan on doing little else choose a good hotel with a pool central to location that way you can save money by chilling in the day and be close to action by night.
Travel light, get out of airport quicker. (Plenty of cheap clothes here!)
Have a taxi booked ready for your arrival.
Get a direct flight.. Worth spending the extra!
O.K... I already did the above after researching for myself but for future I'd add..
Only change small amount of currency in uk, much better rates at airport and pattaya.
Get a punting phone and stick a tourist sim in (handy for maps and playing on if want to ignore ladyboys at bars!)
Only other thing I can think of is fact it took me a couple of days to get over jet lag and over doing booze on those days buggered me up!

..oh ye, already had my fill today at massage parlour so chilling now! (It's 4am and I can't sleep!)

As has already been mentioned NEVER change GBP to Baht in UK, as pointless as tits on fish, there are 24hr exchanges booths at Bkk airport, that will always give a better rate than any UK bank, change a small amount on arrival, then change at exchange booths or banks in town.

Conversations, you get all types in the bars, some guys don't want to chat, others do, soi 6 is a good spot for a few afternoon beers and friendly chat with like minded blokes.

Surprised you haven't tried Thai food, it's great scoff, I usually prefer to eat it than farang food whilst in LOS, don't be afraid of it, even street food, if Thai people are eating it, then it can't be bad, just be careful with the chillies.

Offline Vivago

No, brought some anti diarrhoea tablets with me tho! There's a certain smell about the place, can't quite put my finger on what it is but it puts me off eating! I've basically just eaten English meals from hotel (boring I know).

You wouldn't want to put your finger on it because that smell is shit. They have always had problems with sewage drainage in Pattaya. They used to empty the raw cack right into the sea, next to the bathers beach. :scare: A lot probably still goes into the sea but they have smartened up and they send it out a bit further. But that is why you won't catch me swimming in the sea in Pattaya, in a hurry.

What! You've missed out on one of the great pleasures of Thailand? It's food. You plebeian. Suggest you try the cafe directly next to the Sunny Spring on the left. They do great food and decent brekkies with proper sausages, not the glorified cocktail rubbish served in most places.