Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Are there any 'Third party' Interfaces to Adultworks ?  (Read 1656 times)

Peterpack

I'm a pretty tech savvy person, but man i cannot for the life of me find a way to navigate around adultworks easily !

And the tiny little preview photos, you can't see anything !

Is there any decent third party interface to adultworks ?

One which makes browsing and searching the site much much easier

I have no idea how adultworks got so big being so unuseable

punther

I'm a pretty tech savvy person, but man i cannot for the life of me find a way to navigate around adultworks easily !

You can use adultworks mobile site on you android phone. Its a bit more straightforward

External Link/Members Only

Offline pewpewpew

The number one feature i really wish they would add is the ability to search for keywords in the profiles. If you add a keyword to the search it only matches profiles with that word in the header blurb. For dome reason AW won't listen to me

vw

The number one feature i really wish they would add is the ability to search for keywords in the profiles. If you add a keyword to the search it only matches profiles with that word in the header blurb. For dome reason AW won't listen to me
If yo go to google and type

site:adultwork.com Words You Choose

Replace red with your words and location

Then the worlds best search engine becomes your interface.

Use it all the time !

Offline pewpewpew

I do use google a lot of the time instead of aw search but it's  not quite the same. No thumbnail previews, can't put keywords in as it may be a like or dislike. Can't imagine that it would be that difficult to add the full profile search

Eiltedongster

I don't AW that easy either. There's also a problem with yahoo email accounts.

Peterpack

There is no way of changing the layout to get bigger preview photos is there ?

Peterpack

And am i missing something or when you are filtering your choice of lady, including nationality, you can't choose caucasian only ?

vw

And am i missing something or when you are filtering your choice of lady, including nationality, you can't choose caucasian only ?
That's on the interview tab under ethnicity

And leave nationality as (any)

Offline Roth

Use it all the time !

Good tip.  :drinks: :drinks:

LL

If you're tech savvy you can write your own interface to AdultWork...

and specifically this page...

willbred

Because there is no competition

:hi:

Peterpack

If you're tech savvy you can write your own interface to AdultWork...

and specifically this page...

If there is this developers info available, then why hasn't anyone developed anything ?

LL

If there is this developers info available, then why hasn't anyone developed anything ?
A) I believe it's fairly recent.
B) If you look at what AW offer partners in return (I.e referral fees) it's not exactly generous! So not really worth the bother for someone who wants to make some money out of it.

If you developed a custom webpage to access their database using this API I don't think you'd be the first. I.e just because you haven't found any third-party interfaces - doesn't mean they don't exist.

Offline Qwerty

Use it all the time !

Yes but you can't use it along with other things you might be using the AW search system for, e.g. proximity, logged in within the last x amount of time etc.

vw

Yes but you can't use it along with other things you might be using the AW search system for, e.g. proximity, logged in within the last x amount of time etc.
Not really but useful for things that adult work is shit for like niche options like the good old cheerleader role play and the naked harp player i got for a dinner party I was having !

Offline The Midlander

I don't see any particular changes since their 'maintanance', which I assume was just 'under the bonnet' works.

Biggest gripe for me is that it is still not able to effectively do multi-tab browsing on AW.  No right click several WG of interest into new tabs and go through them at leisure, it is all back and forth to the main grid for your area.

I'd assume that there is actually a reason for this, but annoying nonetheless.

Offline pewpewpew

You can hold ctrl and left click the name to open in a new tab. I couldn't live without it

Offline Sticky

There is no way of changing the layout to get bigger preview photos is there ?

Wouldn't really help unless it's a resized high res image since you'll lose most of the detail. Could always Ctrl+Scroll to zoom the page and see if that helps, otherwise stump up the PG roulette or try the movie galleries. Most WGs tend to put their bits or faces on the preview shot so you can make out what you'll be working with.

newforthisyear

I always use adultwork.com/pda on my phone.

It's the OLD mobile layout but it works great.

As for the API, I don't really see the point unless you want to make affiliate sites, but then again.. the referral fees are shit so what's the point. Think I read somewhere that some guy made £250 from 17,000 registrations referred.

That's crap. You can make that from a single Amazon associates sale.

LL

As for the API, I don't really see the point unless you want to make affiliate sites, but then again.. the referral fees are shit so what's the point. Think I read somewhere that some guy made £250 from 17,000 registrations referred.
Yep. If signed up as an affiliate and you refer someone you get 3% of the money that person spends on AdultWork credits, for their first 3 months of membership only. By contrast the model offered by many of the top adult content sites (all DDF, 21st Sextury, etc) to their affiliates is 50% of whatever the referred persons membership fees (which are $45 per month on DDF network as an example) and for the duration of their membership.

Offline Marmalade

Considering the amount of tech in it already I'm slightly surprised at the thread. There are things I'm not keen on... Both the mobile interfaces (Android and iPhone) are buggy and limited. If you sent them feedback about the bugs you used to at least get an acknowledgement and 'thanks, we're working on it'; now it's just a 'we've tested it thoroughly on all platforms and it's fine.' (Sorry it's not. Not bad, but not 'fine' either).

At least you have the choice most of the time. You can bypass the mba version to get fuller features even if it's a hassle. They constantly seem to be adding features, even if it's a bit slow to get the ones we want. Being able to filter out most of the Romanians was a leap forward. I'm not sure what the problem is on small profile pics: you only have to click on them to get them bigger. It would be nice not have to disable their disabled right-click but it's a pretty simple add-on and I suppose they have to have some jam for madame tarts.

Most of my complaints are with the prossies but it's not much different to any backstreet market. I'd rather they de-listed prossies that haven't worked for (in some cases) years; and I'd rather get a marker on a hotlisted one that stops working, or some sort of warning, rather than it just vanishes. But fuck it, what should we expect. As pimps, they're slightly more punter-aware than most. Yes they do have a monopoly, but most of the alternative wannabes would possibly be worse.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:26:15 am by Marmalade »