Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Bangkok - hotel recommendation?  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Liam52

Hi

Going to Thailand and thinking of spending a couple nights in Bangkok

Can anyone please recommend a hotel?

Looking for somewhere safe not far from punting area...

Want to watch some thai boxing and maybe a punt after!

Cheers

Offline Jerboa

Well anywhere in lower sukhumvit road, sois 1-23, most hotels are girl friendly, and the sky train is easy to get around town.

Offline Birdhunter

Dynasty Grande soi 6 or phachara suites soi 6 both close to nana plaza and all the action both girl friendly

Offline Jimmyredcab

Dynasty Grande soi 6 or phachara suites soi 6 both close to nana plaza and all the action both girl friendly

I have stayed at the Dynasty Grande a few times, excellent hotel 4 minute walk to Nana Plaza.    :thumbsup:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Want to watch some thai boxing and maybe a punt after!

I don't know of any "free" Thai boxing shows in Bangkok ------------- you may have to buy a ticket at Lumpinee Stadium.  :hi:

Offline stevecsm

Grande President on Soi 11, the advantage is that in the tower they usually put the single guys there are small apartments with a fridge etc. Good Pizza place just outside and a nice shortcut to the Beirgarden on Soi7 - where you can have a nice cold beer and the freelancers will not bother you unless you speak to them.

have a great time

Offline Liam52

Thanks for the replies, should be a good holiday!

Offline Vivago

I've often stayed in the Majestic Suites, a friendly little hotel, a minutes stumble from the action in Nana Plaza. Book early though because its a popular place and fills up fast.

The last time that I was in town, I spent a few nights at that hoary (or maybe that should be whory) veteran of Vietnam R&R days, the Nana. I quite enjoyed my stay and actually extended it. Don't expect opulence though, its room are comfortable but dated and if you are in urgent need of a shag, you hardly have to leave the premises. The carpark outside is the main venue for the nightly parade of street prossies (and TS whores) and Nana Plaza Complex is just across the road.

Don't know whether they are still held, but there used to be free Thai boxing exhibitions held outside the Mahboonkrong Shopping Mall next to the National Stadium in Siam Square. Wednesday nights, I think.
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Jimmyredcab

I've often stayed in the Majestic Suites, a friendly little hotel, a minutes stumble from the action in Nana Plaza. Book early though because its a popular place and fills up fast.

I used to stay there on a regular basis, it is owned by Indians and they would give me a discount for an extended stay such as 14 or 20 nights.
I think there are better options now such as the Dawin on Soi 4 or the Dynasty Grande.    :hi:

Offline Vivago

I used to stay there on a regular basis, it is owned by Indians and they would give me a discount for an extended stay such as 14 or 20 nights.
I think there are better options now such as the Dawin on Soi 4 or the Dynasty Grande.    :hi:

Another option worth considering is to book an entire condo through Airbnb. In September I stayed at a beautifully furnished, fully equipped 1 bedroom condo on Soi 8 for little more than the rate of a mid-range hotel.

Offline Jerboa

Another option worth considering is to book an entire condo through Airbnb. In September I stayed at a beautifully furnished, fully equipped 1 bedroom condo on Soi 8 for little more than the rate of a mid-range hotel.

Good post, I've not use them in bkk yet, but by coincidence I'm in one now in Budapest, paying £22 per night for a nice one bedroom 5 mins walk from train station.

Online METEOR

I've stayed at the ambassador hotel a couple of times. Close to the punting areas and girl friendly.
Gets mixed reviews but think it's from people staying in the old block. The rooms in the tower, one up from the cheapest, are really nice and not badly priced. Nice pool and right next to the skytrain

Offline Jerboa

I've stayed at the ambassador hotel a couple of times. Close to the punting areas and girl friendly.
Gets mixed reviews but think it's from people staying in the old block. The rooms in the tower, one up from the cheapest, are really nice and not badly priced. Nice pool and right next to the skytrain

I was always under the assumption that the Ambassador was not girl friendly, they charge you to bring a girl, so did you have no problems there?

Offline Stickitin

These are places I stay at when in Bangkok, can recommend any of them.

External Link/Members Only

They have free Muay Thai at the MBK centre on a Wednesday, otherwise you will have to pay at lumpinee or rajadamern. Worth going as a one off even if you have to pay, they have waiters that will bring you beers also which is nice :)

Online METEOR

I was always under the assumption that the Ambassador was not girl friendly, they charge you to bring a girl, so did you have no problems there?

Well I took Bahraini girl back who I met off tinder, no cash involved but no one said anything but I guess she didn't look like a hooker.
It's such a big hotel that I don't think they'd notice anyway

nuruplz

everytime i went to bkk (5-6 times) I stayed at the fenix
great service and price, a rooftop bar and swimming pool,
the staff girls are hot, one of my friends banged one of them on one of our trips.

Offline Jerboa

everytime i went to bkk (5-6 times) I stayed at the fenix
great service and price, a rooftop bar and swimming pool,
the staff girls are hot, one of my friends banged one of them on one of our trips.

How much did she charge?

nuruplz

How much did she charge?

it was free.
those thai girls have a thing for mixed race mediterranean studs with blues eyes it seems. (he also banged a few in phuket I remember)

Offline Vivago

it was free.
those thai girls have a thing for mixed race mediterranean studs with blues eyes it seems. (he also banged a few in phuket I remember)

Thought that they went for pale skinned, blonde Nordic types. An olive skin colouring would be unlikely to impress a Thai girl.

nuruplz

Thought that they went for pale skinned, blonde Nordic types. An olive skin colouring would be unlikely to impress a Thai girl.

ha, you underestimate the power of the french accent

Offline Vivago

ha, you underestimate the power of the french accent

Je comprend. Quelques mots de choix dans le langage de l'amour et ils abandonnent leurs culottes  :lol:

shishang

Good Morning, I used to live in Bangkok and know the city pretty well. As far as hotels go it depends on your budget. For me because of the exchange rate and the value one gets it is better to treat yourself to a better hotel than not. I used The Intercontinental on Ploenchit Rd a lot when I had to entertain clients" Its a great hotel, very female friendly and if you book a club floor room you have access to the lounge which in the evening does free food and booze from 18.30 until 8 pm. Its great value and if you have a "lady" with you taking her in there at the start of the evening will definatly impress her. If you are on your own, across the road is The Hyatt and in the basement is Spasso their nightclub where you will find a huge selection of some of Bangkok's most stunning ladies! Another good place is the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit where there is a great club in the basement.
As for looking for a "companion" is concerned places like Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza, Patpong are fine but the girls, and that is what they are, are ok for a "quick shag" but Spasso full of very upmarket pussy where a whole evening can be got for the equivalent of £100. A great night can be had and then breakfast in the lounge which is again impressive, then back to the room for yet more fucking, lets not be too polite because that it what we mean isn't it. If you are going to try Spasso, and I recommend it ask a girl if she can point out a lady called Jay, she is very well known by all the ladies and the staff. She calls it her "office" She is a gorgeous looking lady and a completely charming companion. She looks and sounds as though butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, but your cum will! She is up for anything. My last visit there to see her was in march this year when I was back there on business for a few days. I arranged to meet her in Spasso. We went out for a meal and then onto a club for some dancing and to meet a few of her friends, one of whom she wanted to take back to the hotel with us. As she was a very pretty girl I wasn't going to complain was I. back at the room the fun really started. her friend was the cutest ladyboy with possibly the biggest cock I have ever seen, honestly, her name is Dao. Anyway for me still after years in Asia and seeing lots of things watching Dao fuck jay was incredible but then to be asked by Jay to take her up her ass at the same time was mind blowing and sack emptying. I am normally a 2 pop guy but that experience emptied me totally until the morning when it started again. Down to breakfast with Jay, Dao had to go, and Jay in her "day dress" looked suitable enough to meet their King and Queen. It made me smile to think of the way she had been earlier that morning and the night before.
That is what you wont get in Nana or Soi cowboy in my experience.
So splash a bit of cash and you'll have the best time over there imagineable.
If you want a great place to eat and impress, for Thai food go the the Spice Market in the Four SEasons Hotel just around the corner and for possibly the best Italian food you will ever have eaten owned and run by an Italian couple, Opus very near State Towers is a must.
Enjoy, I there again in early march and I cant wait.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Good Morning, I used to live in Bangkok and know the city pretty well. As far as hotels go it depends on your budget. For me because of the exchange rate and the value one gets it is better to treat yourself to a better hotel than not. I used The Intercontinental on Ploenchit Rd a lot when I had to entertain clients"

Just checked the prices for early January with Booking.com  ---------- £104 a night, that is a lot of money for a third world country, certainly more than I would want to pay, The Majestc Grande on Soi 2 Sukhumvit is far better value at around £50 a night.  :hi:

Offline Stickitin

Just checked the prices for early January with Booking.com  ---------- £104 a night, that is a lot of money for a third world country, certainly more than I would want to pay, The Majestc Grande on Soi 2 Sukhumvit is far better value at around £50 a night.  :hi:

Some people are less worried about money than others.....

Offline Jimmyredcab

Some people are less worried about money than others.....

I agree but £104 a night in a country where the minimum wage is 300 baht a day is ridiculous ------ I would expect to pay £100 a night in New York but not Bangkok.   :hi:

Offline Stickitin

I agree but £104 a night in a country where the minimum wage is 300 baht a day is ridiculous ------ I would expect to pay £100 a night in New York but not Bangkok.   :hi:

You wouldn't get anything but a very mediocre room in New York for £100, London is the same, I regularly have to fork out around £200 for anything half decent in London. For a hotel of that standard you are probably looking at around £250 at least. So if you like the best quality, £100 for that hotel in Bangkok is good value. For some they can afford it easily so it represents good value to them.

Offline Jimmyredcab

You wouldn't get anything but a very mediocre room in New York for £100, London is the same, I regularly have to fork out around £200 for anything half decent in London. For a hotel of that standard you are probably looking at around £250 at least. So if you like the best quality, £100 for that hotel in Bangkok is good value. For some they can afford it easily so it represents good value to them.

I would have to question why anyone very wealthy would visit Bangkok in the first place ------------ most guys go there because it is cheap, one of our members is happy to pay £20 a night for a hotel.

If you wish to pay ridiculous prices that is your right, your money, your choice.    :hi: :hi:

Offline Stickitin

I would have to question why anyone very wealthy would visit Bangkok in the first place ------------ most guys go there because it is cheap, one of our members is happy to pay £20 a night for a hotel.

If you wish to pay ridiculous prices that is your right, your money, your choice.    :hi: :hi:

Maybe that wealthy person needs a holiday like the rest of us....

lol for some reason all the Thailand/punting boards are full of frugal people that have derogatory comments about guys that have no problem splashing a bit of cash, I think they are just jealous of people that have a few quid and like to spend it  :rolleyes:

Offline tarkus

What has how rich you are got to do with choosing to go to one of the best holiday destinations on the face of the planet?

Offline Jerboa

Good Morning, I used to live in Bangkok and know the city pretty well. As far as hotels go it depends on your budget. For me because of the exchange rate and the value one gets it is better to treat yourself to a better hotel than not. I used The Intercontinental on Ploenchit Rd a lot when I had to entertain clients" Its a great hotel, very female friendly and if you book a club floor room you have access to the lounge which in the evening does free food and booze from 18.30 until 8 pm. Its great value and if you have a "lady" with you taking her in there at the start of the evening will definatly impress her. If you are on your own, across the road is The Hyatt and in the basement is Spasso their nightclub where you will find a huge selection of some of Bangkok's most stunning ladies! Another good place is the Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit where there is a great club in the basement.
As for looking for a "companion" is concerned places like Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza, Patpong are fine but the girls, and that is what they are, are ok for a "quick shag" but Spasso full of very upmarket pussy where a whole evening can be got for the equivalent of £100. A great night can be had and then breakfast in the lounge which is again impressive, then back to the room for yet more fucking, lets not be too polite because that it what we mean isn't it. If you are going to try Spasso, and I recommend it ask a girl if she can point out a lady called Jay, she is very well known by all the ladies and the staff. She calls it her "office" She is a gorgeous looking lady and a completely charming companion. She looks and sounds as though butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, but your cum will! She is up for anything. My last visit there to see her was in march this year when I was back there on business for a few days. I arranged to meet her in Spasso. We went out for a meal and then onto a club for some dancing and to meet a few of her friends, one of whom she wanted to take back to the hotel with us. As she was a very pretty girl I wasn't going to complain was I. back at the room the fun really started. her friend was the cutest ladyboy with possibly the biggest cock I have ever seen, honestly, her name is Dao. Anyway for me still after years in Asia and seeing lots of things watching Dao fuck jay was incredible but then to be asked by Jay to take her up her ass at the same time was mind blowing and sack emptying. I am normally a 2 pop guy but that experience emptied me totally until the morning when it started again. Down to breakfast with Jay, Dao had to go, and Jay in her "day dress" looked suitable enough to meet their King and Queen. It made me smile to think of the way she had been earlier that morning and the night before.
That is what you wont get in Nana or Soi cowboy in my experience.
So splash a bit of cash and you'll have the best time over there imagineable.
If you want a great place to eat and impress, for Thai food go the the Spice Market in the Four SEasons Hotel just around the corner and for possibly the best Italian food you will ever have eaten owned and run by an Italian couple, Opus very near State Towers is a must.
Enjoy, I there again in early march and I cant wait.

If you want to pay 5000 baht for a hotel room up to you, depends what you want, I just wouldn't pay that much when there is so much decent good value rooms for around the 800b-1500 range.
As for Spasso, it's a place I never frequented, always heard the hookers there ask and get 5k ST, is that right?

Offline Jimmyredcab

Maybe that wealthy person needs a holiday like the rest of us....

lol for some reason all the Thailand/punting boards are full of frugal people that have derogatory comments about guys that have no problem splashing a bit of cash, I think they are just jealous of people that have a few quid and like to spend it  :rolleyes:

I am not jealous of you sunshine, not after reading your reviews.   :rolleyes:

Offline Stickitin

I am not jealous of you sunshine, not after reading your reviews.   :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about me, there is zero reason to be jealous of anything about me. Just stop baulking at people that don't mind spending a few quid to enjoy themselves, not everyone is a tight arse...

Offline Vivago

..not everyone is a tight arse...

Pattaya, in particular, is full of terminally miserable, tightwadded old twats, counting every last baht. They gather, usually in clumps, along Beach Road, clutching their 7/11 bought bottles of Chang and glaring at any passing guys with a halfway decent looking bird, because all they can afford are quick 200 baht knee tremblers with the dregs of the dregs of Coconut Bar. Must be tough, living in pussy paradise, on a state pension. :sarcastic:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Stickitin

Pattaya, in particular, is full of terminally miserable, tightwadded old twats, counting every last baht. They gather, usually in clumps, along Beach Road, clutching their 7/11 bought bottles of Chang and glaring at any passing guys with a halfway decent looking bird, because all they can afford are quick 200 baht knee tremblers with the dregs of the dregs of Coconut Bar. Must be tough, living in pussy paradise, on a state pension. :sarcastic:

Your right it is, there are a lot of budget guys there. That's all cool though, the only thing that really grates me is these guys that see others spending more than they would and want to tell them that xyz is poor value just because it's more than they would pay. It's usually because they can't afford it......if people want to stay in a five star hotel and get it for at least half the price they would pay back home then good luck to them and leave 'em to it. Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline blueruin

:D would I want to be the guy with the comb over? 

Still better than freezing your arse off in the UK, trying to pull some pensioner down the social club.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Just stop baulking at people that don't mind spending a few quid to enjoy themselves, not everyone is a tight arse...

Nothing to do with being tight, I stay in good hotels in Bangkok for £50 a night, why on earth would I want to pay £100 a night in a third world shithole.    :unknown: :unknown:

B52

Been to thailand 10times+.
President palace soi11 is the best place (belongs to Grand President group).
Fairly new, standard rooms are £50 and often there are heavy discounts on offer. Totally lady friendly too. Soi 11 also has a lot of nightlife.

Offline Vivago

.. in a third world shithole.   

Are you referring to Bangkok? I begin to doubt whether you have ever been there and if you have whether you ever left the one square kilometer of seedy, sex touristy Sukhumvit around your hotel. Manila is third world. Saigon is third worldly. Bangkok is a vibrant, modern, go-ahead city that is no more third world than Hong Kong, Tokyo or Singapore.

Offline Jerboa

Are you referring to Bangkok? I begin to doubt whether you have ever been there and if you have whether you ever left the one square kilometer of seedy, sex touristy Sukhumvit around your hotel. Manila is third world. Saigon is third worldly. Bangkok is a vibrant, modern, go-ahead city that is no more third world than Hong Kong, Tokyo or Singapore.

Yeah Ilford is more third world than Bkk.  :P

Offline Vivago

Yeah Ilford is more third world than Bkk.  :P

Large swathes of London are more third world than Bangkok. :D

Offline Jimmyredcab

Are you referring to Bangkok?

No, I mean Thailand in general, on the road to Pattaya you can see how people live in old shacks with no electricity or water, it is certainly third world.

bigone

There's  many a good hotels and condos and shopping  mails even  i cant afford   :P

godhomer

Hi guys, i'm hoping that one of you that are in the know can answer a question for me. I have never been to Thailand but i am hoping to get there next year if all goes well. I have been researching girl friendly hotels and it seems that the majority require the girl to leave her id card at reception when entering the hotel and she picks it up again when she leaves. My question is is it a requirement for them to carry id with them all the time or do i need to make sure i pick a girl that has got her id with her ? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
Thanks in advance for your answers.  :hi:

Offline Vivago

No, its not a stupid question. Quite relevant actually. All adult Thai Nationals are required by law to carry their ID cards at ALL times and invariably will. In fact, ALL nationalities (including tourists) are supposed to carry their passports on their person at all times whilst out and about. The Thai police are usually satisfied with a photocopy of the photo and entry visa pages although, subsequent to the summer bombing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they would be only satisfied with the original. If you are stopped on the street for a minor infraction (jaywalking or littering usually) or caught up in a bar raid, and cannot produce valid ID, you might well end up having an unscheduled tour of the local police station. :scare:

Offline Jimmyredcab

No, its not a stupid question. Quite relevant actually. All adult Thai Nationals are required by law to carry their ID cards at ALL times and invariably will. In fact, ALL nationalities (including tourists) are supposed to carry their passports on their person at all times whilst out and about.

Yes, that is correct however in 25 visits since 2001 I have never carried ID, no way would I carry my passport around.

As long as you behave you will not even be looked at by the police---- unless you drop litter and then they will just want some "tea money" from you.

mastershifu

Hi guys, i'm hoping that one of you that are in the know can answer a question for me. I have never been to Thailand but i am hoping to get there next year if all goes well. I have been researching girl friendly hotels and it seems that the majority require the girl to leave her id card at reception when entering the hotel and she picks it up again when she leaves. My question is is it a requirement for them to carry id with them all the time or do i need to make sure i pick a girl that has got her id with her ? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
Thanks in advance for your answers.  :hi:

I've been to Thailand several times over the years (actually just back yesterday from pattaya). The girls in thailand always carry their ids as they would eventually have to visit a hotel. And majority hotels check for ids (which is a good thing as it's for your safety). The girls are aware of this so don’t worry

I've never carried my passport or a photocopy on myself outside the hotel and in my experience I've never had to use it. Except for when converting cash at one of those million exchange booths. I always lock my passport in my safety deposit box in the hotel room. But if you are really worried perhaps you could carry a photocopy (just thinking of an option)? You are perfectly safe as long as you stay out of trouble and use some common sense   :)
For example when I was in pattaya last week I walked by a couple of guys arguing with a cop over an illegally parked bike. The cop was asking for 40 baht per person as a fine and the 2 guys were arguing to let them go for free. In this case it would've been wiser not to make a big deal over a quid each ;)

You may also want to check if the hotel you are booking is "girl friendly". This means if they will allow a visitor without you having to pay extra. You can do a simple search as "girl friendly hotels". I always look for hotels that allows a visitor. That's because I dont intend to pay the hotel an extra amount for a visiting girl when I've already booked the room for 2. The usual charge I hear is about 500-1000 baht for each visit

When booking a hotel you may also need to ensure your minimum criteria has been met. For me a safety deposit box is a must, I check on reviews just to make sure there's nothing out of the ordinary, have a minimum criteria for number of stars and user ratings and finally check if the hotel is girl friendly. Price wise I wouldn't go anywhere over £50 a day

Offline bigbadbaz

Like with most thing depends on budget. First time I went I stayed in the Landmark (which is still my favourite) if when I go they have a deal on then I will stay there, pool not massive but is good enough, they have a sun deck so if you want that sort of thing is fine. I don't tend to eat there as its a bit pricey and it bugs me that prices are plus tax and vat so 17% on top (although the seating area outside for a snack and a drink is fine and they do have happy hours so not too bad.

Also stayed in the Dynasty Grande on Soi 6, nice hotel big rooms and full size pool (salt water if I remember)

Nowadays if I go with my mate stay in the Dawin on Soi 4, it's not the biggest but is always spotless and nice staff. The pool is a not bit but enough to cool down in

Offline Jerboa

I've been to Thailand several times over the years (actually just back yesterday from pattaya). The girls in thailand always carry their ids as they would eventually have to visit a hotel. And majority hotels check for ids (which is a good thing as it's for your safety). The girls are aware of this so don’t worry

I've never carried my passport or a photocopy on myself outside the hotel and in my experience I've never had to use it. Except for when converting cash at one of those million exchange booths. I always lock my passport in my safety deposit box in the hotel room. But if you are really worried perhaps you could carry a photocopy (just thinking of an option)? You are perfectly safe as long as you stay out of trouble and use some common sense   :)
For example when I was in pattaya last week I walked by a couple of guys arguing with a cop over an illegally parked bike. The cop was asking for 40 baht per person as a fine and the 2 guys were arguing to let them go for free. In this case it would've been wiser not to make a big deal over a quid each ;)

You may also want to check if the hotel you are booking is "girl friendly". This means if they will allow a visitor without you having to pay extra. You can do a simple search as "girl friendly hotels". I always look for hotels that allows a visitor. That's because I dont intend to pay the hotel an extra amount for a visiting girl when I've already booked the room for 2. The usual charge I hear is about 500-1000 baht for each visit

When booking a hotel you may also need to ensure your minimum criteria has been met. For me a safety deposit box is a must, I check on reviews just to make sure there's nothing out of the ordinary, have a minimum criteria for number of stars and user ratings and finally check if the hotel is girl friendly. Price wise I wouldn't go anywhere over £50 a day

So you just got back, how was it over Christmas? busy or not? Would be nice if you can do a bit of a report.  :hi: