Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Do Pro$$i£$ Deserve Respect ?  (Read 29918 times)

Online finn5555

Can actually confirm its not an old wives tale at all....I've been to London twice, Manchester and Marbella with clients all been paid for with a fee ontop and ive only been working for a few months.

People who see punting as "sad and desperate" need to step into the 21st Century (no offence but the majority will be in sexless relationships/marriages anyway)

xxx

Any punter who pays to take a pro$$ie away is in my opinion sad and desperate and they really need to get a life!  :dash:

thebigrunt

All pro$$i£$ deserve no respect whatsoever and AW has not helped their case in the slightest. And besides respect is earned not freely given in most normal people's minds and who respects cheating, lying and thieving females - arguably WG are the biggest con artists of our time.

Gorgeousgabi

All pro$$i£$ deserve no respect whatsoever and AW has not helped their case in the slightest. And besides respect is earned not freely given in most normal people's minds and who respects cheating, lying and thieving females - arguably WG are the biggest con artists of our time.

Not all WGs lie and thieve. Try not to generalise. It's a discussion not a place to say ridiculous insults.

James999

Not all WGs lie and thieve. Try not to generalise. It's a discussion not a place to say ridiculous insults.

Thats is correct, not all thieve, but they do lie  :hi:

James999

arguably WG are the biggest con artists of our time.

I think you would find that PPI / Accident claims etc are in a superior league, and of course let's not forget the Nigerian scammers  :timeout

Gorgeousgabi

Thats is correct, not all thieve, but they do lie  :hi:

I don't like the word lie, I just have a split personality half the time I'm me.... Half the time I'm Gabriella. Gabi's a lot fitter then me though!  :dancegirl: xxx

James999

I don't like the word lie,

Fat Birds don't like the word Fat either, often the truth is a bitter pill  :cry:

thebigrunt

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=344.msg137432#new - Wgs are generally total liars and thieves. I feel for punters who have bad punts when they have paid out wacks of cash, in some instances, to a conniving piece of shit. Why would anyone think they are worthy of respect?

Check out the link for a really sad but real example of what I mean.

No disrespect to Gabi intended but most WGs couldn't care less about the business side of this at all and simply look at this "job" as a mere way to con men and that is not right one bit. They're the sort of girls who would cheat on their partners in real life anyway, that probably being where this all sorted for them.

PompeyChap

Treat them as they treat you. If you're going to meet a WG with the mind-set that she deserves no respect and is doing a degrading job, then why exactly are you there? If when you meet her, she's all smiles, cheerful and is clean then you're most probably going to have a wonderful time. If she can't be bothered to smile or clean herself or her place up, then bugger you respecting her, she evidently doesn't respect herself.

Sadly, from my experience the vast majority of WGs do lie and cheat, however by just brushing this off you merely enable them. If she states it's £60 for half an hour and then asks for £80, just walk away. Always check everything before handing any money over, if you find something off, just walk away. Sure she'll probably refuse to see you again or write horrible things about you on the web, but at the end of the day it's her loss.

SteveNova

MattyLondon used to express this view, and I always find it a strange contradiction that some guys can see WGs while holding such a poor view of them.  Personally I wouldn't generalise about WGs - they are all different, as are punters.  So far I don't recognise your description of WGs - I do look for good value, a good attitude and friendliness, which I've found up to now.

thebigrunt

If you're going to meet a WG with the mind-set that she deserves no respect and is doing a degrading job, then why exactly are you there?

I think WGs do this "job" because they have more or less (maybe not always) promiscuous backgrounds because if u notice they all say something like "I enjoy sex" blah blah blah in their profiles and I'm absolutely sure they do, who doesn't enjoy sex?

But precisely them saying this should show all of us that they are not the historically mischaracterised "destitute prostitutes" we like to imagine they are.  They like sex, and I truly believe that most would likely give an unpaying man better sex than a paying man because of the fact that the latter is PAYING, which would seem to be contradictory logic if we are to start to argue along the lines of WGs being being virgin-types who are only WGs because of impoverishment etc. This is more of a lifestyle choice for them especially here in the home country of modern day England, than a complete last ditch effort to survive - so its a little harder to respect them on that premise but I do understand where PompeyChap is coming from.

Offline smiths

MattyLondon used to express this view, and I always find it a strange contradiction that some guys can see WGs while holding such a poor view of them.  Personally I wouldn't generalise about WGs - they are all different, as are punters.  So far I don't recognise your description of WGs - I do look for good value, a good attitude and friendliness, which I've found up to now.

Yes, i treat all WGs as a separate individual myself. As i said on this thread and other threads about respect i respect a WG who is honest and offers me a good service, i dont those that lie and/or offer a bad service. Just like with people i do business with outside punting.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:10:15 pm by smiths »

Wonder Woman

Hi everyone,

I feel as adults we tend to throw the word "respect" around loosely. Respect has to be earned, it should never be handed out freely!!

yumyum3

Quote from: SteveNova on Yesterday at 09:38:25 pm

Yes, i treat all WGs as a separate individual myself. As i said on this thread and other threads about respect i respect a WG who is honest and offers me a good service, i dont those that lie and/or offer a bad service. Just like with people i do business with outside punting.
+1 Steve and Smiths

Offline Jimmyredcab

I think WGs do this "job" because they have more or less (maybe not always) promiscuous backgrounds because if u notice they all say something like "I enjoy sex" blah blah blah in their profiles and I'm absolutely sure they do, who doesn't enjoy sex?

I refuse to believe that a pretty 21 year old girl enjoys having sex with a wrinkly 60 year old, they do it for the money not for the love of sex.  :hi:

Online finn5555

I refuse to believe that a pretty 21 year old girl enjoys having sex with a wrinkly 60 year old, they do it for the money not for the love of sex.  :hi:

+1

Offline spz1234

I go by the policy of everyone deserving respect until they show they don't deserve it.

SteveNova

Receiving payment for work is common to us all, but whether a girl is enjoying a particular meeting with a guy will depend on any number of factors.  He may be young but have something about him, his appearance or attitude she doesn't like - then again an older man may or may not provide enjoyment beyond the cash.  If the money is what is leading to her being able to enjoy the session, irrespective of age, looks or body size then it's all to the good.  Unless they are Oscar winning actresses it soon becomes obvious if they are really not enjoying the work.  To be honest, to an 18 or 19 year old anyone over 50 (like me) will be ancient - hopefully with other desirable attributes though  :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 04:49:32 pm by SteveNova »

Offline haystacks79

Receiving payment for work is common to us all, but whether a girl is enjoying a particular meeting with a guy will depend on any number of factors.  He may be young but have something about him, his appearance or attitude she doesn't like - then again an older man may or may not provide enjoyment beyond the cash.  If the money is what is leading to her being able to enjoy the session, irrespective of age, looks or body size then it's all to the good.  Unless they are Oscar winning actresses it soon becomes obvious if they are really not enjoying the work.

I enjoy my job, but don't necessarily like all of the people I have to work with or for, in fact some of them I'd be happy never to have to deal with again, but they help pay the bills - that doesn't mean to say that I don't still get satisfaction out of doing a good job for them, and so I always try to do my best, whatever the client is like - and yes, sometimes the fact that I'm being paid is what makes it bearable. OK. I work in a very different line of work to a wg, but I imagine that the principle applies there. Does it really matter if they're only doing it for the money, if they do what you want, and do it well?

To be honest, to an 18 or 19 year old anyone over 50 (like me) will be ancient - hopefully with other desirable attributes though  :D

Reading that has suddenly made me realise that I'm over half way between adulthood and being ancient, that's food for thought... so, these 'desirable attributes' mentioned, I hope they include having a disposable income, or I'm really in trouble :D

Timmobile

+1

Exactly !

Women have the power, a man thinks with his dick when he see an attractive woman and has to be aroused to do the 'deed'
and at most could only perform a couple of times a day .
i asked a WG once what was her busiest day, she said 18, she was a good looker and very good at what she did but its very mechanical
Object of the exercise get you come as quickly as poss without you noticing your being rushed and out the door ! you know the ones as soon as you start they tickle you balls to hurry you up.

Like the man said why would a nice twenty something want to shag a wrinkly, ugly old ba*tard other than money

So respect .........No.......... I don't wish anybody any harm would not be rude or pushy but you know its all a game, they want your money, you want the pussy

Maybe i am a cynical old ba*tard

Offline Jimmyredcab

Does it really matter if they're only doing it for the money, if they do what you want, and do it well?

No, of course it doesn't matter, but why give us the nonsense that they love sex.  :dash:

SteveNova

Exactly !

Women have the power, a man thinks with his dick when he see an attractive woman and has to be aroused to do the 'deed'
and at most could only perform a couple of times a day .
i asked a WG once what was her busiest day, she said 18, she was a good looker and very good at what she did but its very mechanical
Object of the exercise get you come as quickly as poss without you noticing your being rushed and out the door ! you know the ones as soon as you start they tickle you balls to hurry you up.

Like the man said why would a nice twenty something want to shag a wrinkly, ugly old ba*tard other than money
There's a difference between the motivation to work - good money, and the enjoyment that can be had irrespective of the punter's looks, age, wrinkles, weight or whatever.  If being attractive to a teen / early 20 year old is required for the girl to enjoy the encounter, most of the work would be a miserable experience and most girls couldn't do it.  So clearly there are enjoyable aspects to the work in addition to the cash.  I suppose what I'm getting at is, could a good service be provided if there was no enjoyment beyond receiving the cash?   

Offline Jimmyredcab

There's a difference between the motivation to work - good money, and the enjoyment that can be had irrespective of the punter's looks, age, wrinkles, weight or whatever.  If being attractive to a teen / early 20 year old is required for the girl to enjoy the encounter, most of the work would be a miserable experience and most girls couldn't do it.  So clearly there are enjoyable aspects to the work in addition to the cash.  I suppose what I'm getting at is, could a good service be provided if there was no enjoyment beyond receiving the cash?

Totally disagree, the fantastic remuneration is 99% of the motivation, where else could a girl with zero qualifications earn £120 or more an hour.  :unknown:

Offline smiths

Yes i think it can be by professional WGs who are good actresses and convincing, and thats all i ask anyway.

However, i have punted with WGs who did enjoy the sex, i was asked to stay beyond the time paid for for example. The way i look at it is i only expect a WG to do it for the money but if they like the sex as well thats a bonus. ;)

Offline Dani

• Service Provider
It is quite obvious that we do nto enjoy the sex everytime.  Noone could be that easily pleased.  Half the time the sex is great, partof the time it is mediocre and part of the time it is damn awful but we are paid to pretend it is wonderful all the time.
Of course the money is the motivating factor otherwise we would not be charging but we can enjoy a good 50% of the bookings.

I must admit I dont have it all over my profile that I am always horny and love sex all the time as that is completely unrealistic but as long as my clients have a great time and do not realise when I am not enjoying it then all is good

As for respect, you can be respectful but you cannot give respect to anyone who has not earnt it, be it a prossie or your neighbour.  If we do what we promise and treat you well and dont rip you off and act decently towards you then why can we not earn respect like anyone else? 

SteveNova

It is quite obvious that we do nto enjoy the sex everytime.  Noone could be that easily pleased.  Half the time the sex is great, partof the time it is mediocre and part of the time it is damn awful but we are paid to pretend it is wonderful all the time.
Of course the money is the motivating factor otherwise we would not be charging but we can enjoy a good 50% of the bookings.

I must admit I dont have it all over my profile that I am always horny and love sex all the time as that is completely unrealistic but as long as my clients have a great time and do not realise when I am not enjoying it then all is good

As for respect, you can be respectful but you cannot give respect to anyone who has not earnt it, be it a prossie or your neighbour.  If we do what we promise and treat you well and dont rip you off and act decently towards you then why can we not earn respect like anyone else?
What makes great, mediocre and awful sex from your point of view?

Offline AnthG

A good further topic would be on this IMHO, "how many prostitutes have people respected". It would be interesting to see what those results of that poll given that the clear winner of this poll was; "Some do, Some don't". with 65.6% of the votes.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

yumyum3

Well I just respectfully went to see my local asian place to see the two ladies selling their wares this week and walked. The madam treated me with respect, as did the ladies but I didn't fancy either of them. I still treated them with respect and they said no problem and the madam said come back next week.  :cool:

ncarter

I look to try and treat everyone I meet how I would wish to be treated myself.
There are people I have admiration and respect for in that they do a job I would not/can not do myself and yes if I have a punt I particularly enjoyed I would have admiration and respect for the WG and the effort she put in to the service.

However, I don't know how to explain it, but for me having 'admiration and respect' for what someone does is not the same as 'respecting them'

mutualrespect

Dragging up an old post so apologies if this irritates anyone.

I find it very hard to respect anyone who doesn't respect themselves and there are definitely WGs who do not respect themselves. I mostly pity them.

Respect is earned and although I always approach every appointment with a level of respect that can quickly be eroded by the WG depending on her attitude, personal hygiene, state of her home.

There are girls on AW who clearly do not respect themselves, Kirie being a classic example. That's a crazy, crazy case! Any girl that has barebacked presumable thousands of men doesn't have self respect! If she doesn't have AIDs she is a modern day miracle! I mean that girl was litterally barebacking guys doing dogging all over the UK.  :vomit: Talk about self destructive.

josh989

I think it's a bit of a straw man to say that most people think of punters as women-haters. Mumsnet does that!

In real life when the topic of hookers has come up most women I encounter say that it's fine, nothing wrong with it if you're single.

I'm the same.

As for respect I think all humans do. In fact I really respect anyone who does a job they hate to support someone they love. I also think someone who puts a smile on your face on the tube ride all the way home after having a depressing time of things is very special and I have crazy respect for.

Online Marmalade

There is a lot of bollocks talked about respect.

First off, prossies are like tradespeople. Respect doesn't come into the question if you are punting with one, any more than with the electrician who comes to service your fridge. You owe that person politeness, end of.

Secondly, there are prossies who come on UKP demanding respect simply cos they are prossies, want respect for 'all prossis' or some such crap. Imagine if a cab-driver goes on to a Saab-users forum and says, "Hey, you all use a cab some time, show some fucking respect for cab drivers and let me tell you blah blah blah and I knew a Saab driver once who was a cunt." Context. If a WG comes on to a forum that is oncerned with the intrerests of punters, they either contribute in a way that punters find valuable, and so earn respect, or they are not deserving of respect and should fuck off. End of.

But the OP was more, "Do prostitutes in society deserve respect as a profession" In general, yes to an extent. Does the blackmarket trader on Oxford Street pavement deserve respect? Well you can argue that they do. And if you shop there it is probably in your interests to take that view (unles Osborne criminalises you, as he would like to). But on a personal level, many (NOT ALL) are crims and cunts. And if you are very opposed to the blackmarket then you can argue they do not deserve respect (at least yours) in general. But let's not forget that a lot of tradespeople are semi-blackmarket, and if you have ever paid cash-in-hand' you are supporting a blackmaket activity.

As for prossies rights do they deserve respect in law, I respect their arguments (and feel they deserve respect) more than the abolitionists.

So it's complicated!

mutualrespect

The op went like this;

" The point was raised on another thread of respect. Namely do you respect any women who is or allows herself to become an Escort/prostitute ?Have they allowed themselves to become morally bankrupt by having a complete lack of self respect to be able to sell their bodies ?Or is that just an out dated notion these days, and they should be viewed as intuitive independent business women ?

To those who say they repsect WG's and their freedom of choice, what would you think if you had found out your mother/sister/daughter had been on the game ?Could you respect that ?"

The first question  you can paraphrase to if a girl becomes  an escort or prostitute do you think this choice means they are no linger entitled to respect? Or do you think that's out dated nonesence?

What if a loved one of yours turned out to be a wg, could you respect that?

My answer to the first is I find the notion that all wgs are morally bankrupt and therefor not worthy of respect laughable.

I start all transactions with wgs from a positon of mutual respect. This respect is quickly derided by disrespect towards me or an apparent lack of self respect in the wg and the quality of service received. I take this position when dealing with any professionals when seeking a service.

I have actually been in the later position. I can say at first I was shocked and upset. I found her in AW and recognised her. An ex girlfriend. I contacted her and pointed out if I knew it was her other people who knew her would know. Overall I did respect her decison but things went very badly after she got involved with a pimp and it went awful.

I would never want my family or loved ones doing it but that isn't because I think it is an awful thing, just that it is very dangerous profession and it does carry a social stigma. Just because I realise objectively there is little difference between the sex industry and any other. All comes down to the ibrahamic religous morality that permeates our western society few people have the same perspective.

Online Marmalade

Respect for what???

Do you respect plumbers? hairdressers? streetsweepers? lawyers? bus-drivers? politicians?
Yes/no/some of them?

You might as well say do I respect Kim Yun Wang who lives on remmolok square, North Korea. Or was it south.

I don't know the vast proportion of individuals working as prostitutes, and to say whether I respect them is sheer self-indulgent fantasy. I'm polite to them (unless they are offensive). I tolerate them (if they conduct their business openly next door to where I live). I use their services sometimes. If my daughter, as a competent well-balanced adult, decided to become a prostitute I might be startled for a moment, but any feelings of 'I wish she were a lawyer or doctor' would say more about me - and not in a good way - than about her. In other words, the thread, although well-meaning, is hooha. And disparaging hooha at that!

Online Marmalade

I would never want my family or loved ones doing it but that isn't because I think it is an awful thing, just that it is very dangerous profession

How very over-protective of you. I take it you would have the same objection to them becoming mountaineers?
and it does carry a social stigma.
Guess that rules out parking meter attendants as well then.

mutualrespect

Respect for what???

Do you respect plumbers? hairdressers? streetsweepers? lawyers? bus-drivers? politicians?
Yes/no/some of them?

Yes within the confines of what I've said.

I don't know the vast proportion of individuals working as prostitutes, and to say whether I respect them is sheer self-indulgent fantasy. I'm polite to them (unless they are offensive). I tolerate them (if they conduct their business openly next door to where I live). I use their services sometimes. If my daughter, as a competent well-balanced adult, decided to become a prostitute I might be startled for a moment, but any feelings of 'I wish she were a lawyer or doctor' would say more about me - and not in a good way - than about her. In other words, the thread, although well-meaning, is hooha. And disparaging hooha at that!

I think possible we are working off a different concept of respect. I don't worship them or think their position gives them a higher level of respect than a cleaner or a lawyer. I respect them as human beings trying to make a living. If that makes sense?

mutualrespect

How very over-protective of you. I take it you would have the same objection to them becoming mountaineers?

Yes or a doctor in an unstable, war-torn country.

Guess that rules out parking meter attendants as well then.

Slightly different social stigma. I'd have the same worries if they became a porn star though if that helps. Social stigma differs from job to job obviously and the social stimga of a parking warden isn't quite the same as the stigma attached to WGs.

It wouldn't really change the way I viewed them but there are a lot of very small minded people in the world and those people seem to be in the majority sadly.

Online Marmalade

Yes within the confines of what I've said.

I think possible we are working off a different concept of respect. I don't worship them or think their position gives them a higher level of respect than a cleaner or a lawyer. I respect them as human beings trying to make a living. If that makes sense?

You don't seem to appreciate that their human being rights to respect are not your primary concern.* By confusing respect and politeness you get into an area where you are at odds with your own beliefs, and end up, it had to be said, disrespecting them.  I respect (in the sense of acknowledging as genuinely felt) your sentiments; but your logic is not very good.

*unless you are an escort or an activist for instance.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:15:54 pm by Marmalade »

Online Marmalade

I know it's a popular thing to say we respect WGs, or that some WGs are worthy of respect, or the profession deserves respect, but I'm simply trying to point out that it is much safer not to get into a respect/disrespect discussion/frame of mind. Unfortunately the English language is quite loaded. Disrespect is often equated with not respecting. But if you respect everything and everyone the term becomes meaningless. Most people and things require no such view.

The saying, "I respect WGs but wouldn't want my daughter to be one," is a variation of,

"I respect black people but wouldn't want one living next door."

In reality, we mostly don't respect or disrespect WGs. If you force yourself to make a premature decision, it will probably by prejudicial (which is disrespectful).

So I suggest the only thing you owe another human being, or group of human beings, is politeness. If respect or disrespect occurs, that should be at a much later stage and generally (though not always) something we should reserve for specific individuals.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:42:37 pm by Marmalade »

mutualrespect

I know it's a popular thing to say we respect WGs, or that some WGs are worthy of respect, or the profession deserves respect, but I'm simply trying to point out that it is much safer not to get into a respect/disrespect discussion/frame of mind. Unfortunately the English language is quite loaded. Disrespect is often equated with not respecting. But if you respect everything and everyone the term becomes meaningless. Most people and things require no such view.

The saying, "I respect WGs but wouldn't want my daughter to be one," is a variation of,

"I respect black people but wouldn't want one living next door."

In reality, we mostly don't respect or disrespect WGs. If you force yourself to make a premature decision, it will probably by prejudicial (which is disrespectful).

So I suggest the only thing you owe another human being, or group of human beings, is politeness. If respect or disrespect occurs, that should be at a much later stage and generally (though not always) something we should reserve for specific individuals.

Yes and that would be correct if we are using respect in that sense. This poll though does not and the general understanding of the word in this context doesn't fit with the dictionary definition of the word. One of the many joys of language is that words meanings are often fluid. Again to repeat the original post;

"Namely do you respect any women who is or allows herself to become an Escort/prostitute ?
Have they allowed themselves to become morally bankrupt by having a complete lack of self respect to be able to sell their bodies ?
Or is that just an out dated notion these days, and they should be viewed as intuitive independent business women ?

To those who say they repsect WG's and their freedom of choice, what would you think if you had found out your mother/sister/daughter had been on the game ?"

So within this context I would say I operate from a level of mutual respect when I meet WGs.

I could also take the word with another meaning it's picked up; I respect their privacy, respect their body and their boundaries and their right to life.

Now lets cite the old trusty Oxford English Dictionary definition;

respect
Pronunciation: /rɪˈspɛkt/

Definition of respect

noun

1 [mass noun] a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements:

the director had a lot of respect for Douglas as an actor

*the state of being admired or respected:
his first chance in over fifteen years to regain respect in the business

*(respects) a person’s polite greetings:
give my respects to their Excellencies

*informal used to express the speaker’s approval of someone or something:
respect to Hill for a truly non-superficial piece on the techno scene

2 due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others:
young people’s lack of respect for their parents

3a particular aspect, point, or detail:
the government’s record in this respect is a mixed one

verb

1admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements:
she was respected by everyone she worked with

(as adjective respected)
a respected academic

2 have due regard for (someone’s feelings, wishes, or rights):

I respected his views

* avoid harming or interfering with:
it is incumbent upon all hill users to respect the environment

* agree to recognize and abide by (a legal requirement):
the crown and its ministers ought to respect the ordinary law

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The word is not quite as simple as you say. You do have a point in that people often confuse the words many meanings and the cross over is dangerous. I wouldn't say escorting is a profession that deserves elevated respect but likewise it's not a profession that deserves denigration either.

thickerdicker

:( well of late my view on this has changed VERY significantly! :unknown:

They like to use the word "Timewasting" if you ask genuine questions ! Which in their little world seems so ! Alot of this with girls on the adultwork site...some don't even bother replying which tells me either a pimp is running things or indeed EE and can't write English well and hope you just ring! :unknown: Wether you get through to them or the EE pimp your find out one way or another...mostly gang of 5 girls in a flat..you always spot the collective on adultwork as same profile pages just changed pics! :thumbsdown:

Besides that i always write respectfully though i get quite nasty replies back in the past if pursist with questions  :thumbsdown: .This is important to me ,especially if the £ is large to make sure i am not going to be dissapointed! You will either get a slagging off or >> :crazy: these kind of avartars attached in a message to give a dig!  Some ..or one i could mentioned in Croydon just assumes things...  :crazy:  I am actually begining to think most WG's are actually Bonkers! :wackogirl:  You have to remember they are not normal women in some respects ....  Some on the other site are doing it for fun and some pocket money ...though for most this is a career! So getting as much £££ is what they want ,so they will tell you anything to get you to depart £££ from your wallet! All the tricks of the trade are employed with Photo/glossy pics some fake reviews to give false impression or enhanced looks!  Be weary thats all i can say! :thumbsup:

Overall its payed for meat for pleasure,sounds horrible but thats what it is!They mainly/most... looks on you as £ .so remember its a service and respect is really not in it.... Just be nice to each other at the meet and don't expect anything else other than getting your meats worth! :lol:

Online Marmalade

Yes and that would be correct if we are using respect in that sense. This poll though does not and the general understanding of the word in this context doesn't fit with the dictionary definition of the word. One of the many joys of language is that words meanings are often fluid.

As I said, you seem to be arguing against yourself here. The poll question is fairly meaningless, even though people assume they are clear about their feelings of respect. I think my examples demonstrate this.

You also say that the OP use doesn't fit with dictionary definitions, but then go on to quote dictionary definitions at great length. How about a definition as you think the word is being used in the poll/OP?

mutualrespect

As I said, you seem to be arguing against yourself here. The poll question is fairly meaningless, even though people assume they are clear about their feelings of respect. I think my examples demonstrate this.

You also say that the OP use doesn't fit with dictionary definitions, but then go on to quote dictionary definitions at great length. How about a definition as you think the word is being used in the poll/OP?

Oh my this getting rather protracted.

I wouldn't say I was arguing against myself merely exploring the topic.

If we take the OP's definition of respect then I say I do respect.

As you had brought in another use of the word and seem to be pushing that as the only valid definition I was pointing out, be copy and pasting the definition from the Oxford English Dictionary, that there are many meanings to the word.

Online Marmalade

Oh my this getting rather protracted.
Absolutely.  I think you should concede! :D
I wouldn't say I was arguing against myself merely exploring the topic.
No, I said that. Not because you were exploring the topic, but because you were in effect arguing against yourself (you verbalised a commonly expressed contradiction, so I'm thanking you rather than having a go at you by the way).
If we take the OP's definition of respect
which, as far as i can see, he hasn't given . . .
then I say I do respect.
Safe bet. Until it's your family member, an ex, or someone else emotionally related . . .
As you had brought in another use of the word and seem to be pushing that as the only valid definition I was pointing out, be copy and pasting the definition from the Oxford English Dictionary, that there are many meanings to the word.
I only use words in their actual meaning. The OP, according to yourself, uses the word in a different, unspecified meaning, which you agree with!
 :lol:
Nice try though  :hi:

mutualrespect

Well on that note I'm off to see a WG External Link/Members Only  (Thanks for the mention in positives!)

Someone I intend to treat with respect.  :sarcastic:

I must admit I don't agree with what you've said and I'll happily discuss this further.

softlad

Have to say I'm enjoying the sparring from Marm' & mutualrespect, good stuff chaps... :drinks:
I'm far too shallow to have gone as in depth as you two are.  :blush:

whiterussian

yep brill to see Marm posting again.  It just makes me realise how time flies.

It was only a short time ago there were only a few posters, now i have conceded and cannot possibly read every single post on UKP.   Wish HP would pop his head up and say hes ok  :(

Online Marmalade

Well on that note I'm off to see a WG External Link/Members Only  (Thanks for the mention in positives).
You're welcome. Who do you think gives best service, Isla or Lanya? ;)

mutualrespect

You're welcome. Who do you think gives best service, Isla or Lanya? ;)

I actually just say Isla. I've had a threesome before but actually didn't enjoy it  as much as one to ones.

Thank you for that recomendation though, that was my punt of the year. :)

Online Marmalade

Have to say I'm enjoying the sparring from Marm' & mutualrespect, good stuff chaps... :drinks:
I think he may be suffering from post-punt ecstacy, so I don't want to burst any bubbles. BUt seriously guys, this phrase about respecting prostitutes (better call them "working girls" or "service providers" eh?  :cool: ) yeah - it's not just tosh it is a reaction to accusations by the sisterhood that punters 'don't treat prossies respectfully.'

Fucking bollocks. The door is then wide open to suggest respectfulness by taking them presents, giving them tips, always making oh-so-'constructive' comments, and generally giving them more than their due.

Save your apple for your teacher. Save politeness for prossies and the rest of the human race that you don't personally know from Adam.