Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand for a newbie  (Read 5947 times)

Offline WestCountryLad

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere previously, I know there is a hell of a lot of information already out their on t'internet but I'm hoping some of the guys in the know could save me some time searching by just asking here.

At some point in the next 12 months I really want to go to Thailand for a punting holiday.  I've got a fair amount of holiday accrued through work & would like to spend at least 2 weeks, if better 3, drinking, shagging & generally having a good time over there.  I've never been so have no idea of the places to go & how the scene works.  What I'm really asking for is answers to the questions below & also links to any particular threads out their which are very good for newbies to Thailand.

1) Going on your own.  Is this a good idea?
2) 2 weeks, more than enough or is 3 better?
3) What's a good price for return flights?
4) How much to budget for a 2 or 3 week stay?
5) Best times of year to visit?  Wouldn't want to go when it's quiet but not sure if peak time would be best for a 1st timer?
6) Places to stay/visit.  Not going for the touristy stuff  ;)
7) Any pertinent points I haven't considered?

Like I said I'm sure all this information is out there but was hoping some of the Thailand veterans could give personal feedback or even give links to good information for a newbie.

Thanks

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes, absolutely, you don't need your mates in Thailand.

3 weeks would be better if you can afford it.

Depends on the time of year, I would expect to pay £550-£600 ------ maybe via the middle east.

Impossible to answer, I like to stay in half decent hotels, some people are happy with very basic, also it depends if you intend punting every day --------- Go-Go girls in Bangkok will be more expensive than bargirls in Pattaya.

5) Best times of year to visit?  Wouldn't want to go when it's quiet but not sure if peak time would be best for a 1st timer?

I like January to March, try to avoid the rainy season which seems to peak in September.

As a newbie you could start off in Bangkok for 3-4 days and then get a cab down to Pattaya, about a 90 minute journey, roughly £30, some people prefer to get a bus to save the £30.

You need to study the Internationalsexguide or Worldsexguide

Offline WestCountryLad

Thanks Jimmy, I will do that, a couple more questions though if that's ok?

Impossible to answer, I like to stay in half decent hotels, some people are happy with very basic, also it depends if you intend punting every day --------- Go-Go girls in Bangkok will be more expensive than bargirls in Pattaya.

At the moment money isn't a huge issue although VFM is always a good idea.  Like you I would rather something more than basic but of course this would impact on cost.  If you're talking an extra £10 - £15 a night for a better place I'm happy for that.  Also yes I'd probably be looking at a punt most days.  If a rough guess could be made from that please do  :drinks:  BTW Go-Go Girls WTF?

I like January to March, try to avoid the rainy season which seems to peak in September.

I can understand why avoiding the rainy season would be a good idea but what's the benefit of January to March?

As a newbie you could start off in Bangkok for 3-4 days and then get a cab down to Pattaya, about a 90 minute journey, roughly £30, some people prefer to get a bus to save the £30.

A change of scenery is always good on a longer trip but what's the main differences between Bangkok & Pattaya?

Thanks

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes, there is one very important point to consider, are you sure you really fancy Thai girls, it is an urban myth that Thailand is full of stunning women, most Thai prostitutes are very plain to say the least.
This is the infamous Soi 6 in Pattaya, you may well find them attractive, if so you will have a great time.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Jimmyredcab

I can understand why avoiding the rainy season would be a good idea but what's the benefit of January to March?

You will be escaping the freezing weather in the UK and you will get very little rain in Thailand, I would avoid Christmas because everything will be more expensive and it will also be very busy everywhere.

Offline WestCountryLad

Yes, there is one very important point to consider, are you sure you really fancy Thai girls, it is an urban myth that Thailand is full of stunning women, most Thai prostitutes are very plain to say the least.
This is the infamous Soi 6 in Pattaya, you may well find them attractive, if so you will have a great time.

I've seen a couple of Thai prossies over here & although I wouldn't consider them stunning I certainly found them attractive.  TBH less than 25% of my punts are with "stunners" anyway so as long as they are of the same standard of the Thais I've seen here I'll be more than happy.

Offline Jimmyredcab

A change of scenery is always good on a longer trip but what's the main differences between Bangkok & Pattaya?

Thanks

Bangkok is a hectic city with lots of traffic and a few girlie bar areas, Pattaya is a beach resort, far cheaper for most things, I can't tell you which is best because it is like asking me which is best ---- Apples or Oranges, they are both different.
The authorities are trying to market Pattaya as a family resort, it isn't, how can it be with about 40,000 hookers working in the resort.

Offline WestCountryLad

Fookin' hell study is an understatement  :dash:  Was kinda hoping there were sticky's on the boards for newbies & the like but some of the threads (none of which are listed as a newbie guide/help blah blah) are several hundred pages long.

I know that if I really want to go I may have to filter through all this but please, someone must have links to good newbie threads?

Offline Jimmyredcab

I know that if I really want to go I may have to filter through all this but please, someone must have links to good newbie threads?

I still can't help with your budget question because there are so many variations in prices, in Pattaya you could get a hooker all night for £20 but if you visit the top Go-Go bars in Bangkok they will ask £80, you could try to negotiate but the best girls are clued up and know what they are worth.
Even the barfines vary, in Pattaya you would expect to pay 300 baht or £6, in Bangkok you can double that.
A small bottle of beer will cost you £2 in a normal bar or £3 in a Go-Go, also bear in mind the girls will pressure you into buying ladydrinks ---- at least £2 a time.
If you twist my arm for a figure I would say £100 a day ---- AFTER your hotel has been paid for, don't buy ladydrinks for every girl who asks, if you don't fancy her tell her you are waiting for your girlfriend.

Offline WestCountryLad

I still can't help with your budget question because there are so many variations in prices, in Pattaya you could get a hooker all night for £20 but if you visit the top Go-Go bars in Bangkok they will ask £80, you could try to negotiate but the best girls are clued up and know what they are worth.
Even the barfines vary, in Pattaya you would expect to pay 300 baht or £6, in Bangkok you can double that.
A small bottle of beer will cost you £2 in a normal bar or £3 in a Go-Go, also bear in mind the girls will pressure you into buying ladydrinks ---- at least £2 a time.
If you twist my arm for a figure I would say £100 a day ---- AFTER your hotel has been paid for, don't buy ladydrinks for every girl who asks, if you don't fancy her tell her you are waiting for your girlfriend.

Thanks Jimmy, at least it's a reasonable figure to work around.  I'll be perusing some of these sites for the next month or 2 & hoping to put a plan into action at some point.

Any more info will be gratefully received  :drinks:

Sailormack

Of course you are missing the "big one"... once you go you will be hooked forever.

Thailand will draw you back time and time again and you will love it  :drinks:

Offline Chezzie John

There's plenty of people trying to rip you off in Thailand so be careful

There's a tv series called Big trouble in tourist Thailand on youtube and you can learn a lot from it

Have fun :D

Offline Jimmyredcab

There's plenty of people trying to rip you off in Thailand so be careful

There's a tv series called Big trouble in tourist Thailand on youtube and you can learn a lot from it

Have fun :D

It's not that bad.
1)  Don't rent out jet-skis.
2)  Don't go to upstairs bars in Patpong.
3)  Lock your valuables away when the girl is in the shower.

bigone

Of course you are missing the "big one"... once you go you will be hooked forever.

:P :drinks:

Montydog

Fookin' hell study is an understatement  :dash:  Was kinda hoping there were sticky's on the boards for newbies & the like but some of the threads (none of which are listed as a newbie guide/help blah blah) are several hundred pages long.

Like this you mean?  :cool:

I would also try;

There both more Thailand centric than WSG or ISG. But unfortunately there is no substitute for your own  research.   :D

Montydog

I thought that was learning how to use the “Bum Gun”  :lol:

Offline Jimmyredcab

It's not that bad.
1)  Don't rent out jet-skis.
2)  Don't go to upstairs bars in Patpong.
3)  Lock your valuables away when the girl is in the shower.

Also ------- don't accept the offer of a "taxi" when you come  through immigration, they are overpriced mini- cabs, go to the official taxi rank.

Offline WestCountryLad

Like this you mean?  :cool:

That is exactly what I'm after.  Thanks  :drinks:

Montydog

Also ------- don't accept the offer of a "taxi" when you come  through immigration, they are overpriced mini- cabs, go to the official taxi rank.

Good advice if your heading straight for BKK Jimmy, but not if he’s going straight to Pattaya. There asking 1500 + tolls, (spoke to a guy last night who paid that from the official stand) the company I use asks 2200 return including tolls, have good clean late model cars and safe reliable drivers, been using them a few years now and have never had a problem.

There are cheaper options like Mr T or Mr Toom or Bell Bus service (If the timings work out) but after nearly a day of travelling I like someone there with my name on a card   :cool:

Offline Jimmyredcab

There are cheaper options like Mr T or Mr Toom or Bell Bus service (If the timings work out) but after nearly a day of travelling I like someone there with my name on a card   :cool:

Mr Toom charges 1200 baht from the Airport to Pattaya, no need to book a return, plenty of cabs on offer at 1000 baht.
I can't understand anyone wanting to get on a bus after 12 hours on a plane, but I suppose it takes all sorts.

Offline Jerboa

Mr Toom charges 1200 baht from the Airport to Pattaya, no need to book a return, plenty of cabs on offer at 1000 baht.
I can't understand anyone wanting to get on a bus after 12 hours on a plane, but I suppose it takes all sorts.

That will be me then lol,  ;) :cool:

Offline Jerboa

That is exactly what I'm after.  Thanks  :drinks:

As Monty says there is no subsitute to your own research, read up as much as you can, follow the trip reports, so you have an Idea how Thai punting works, check out External Link/Members Only also.

Offline Marmalade

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere previously, I know there is a hell of a lot of information already out their on t'internet but I'm hoping some of the guys in the know could save me some time searching by just asking here.

At some point in the next 12 months I really want to go to Thailand for a punting holiday.  I've got a fair amount of holiday accrued through work & would like to spend at least 2 weeks, if better 3, drinking, shagging & generally having a good time over there.  I've never been so have no idea of the places to go & how the scene works.  What I'm really asking for is answers to the questions below & also links to any particular threads out their which are very good for newbies to Thailand.

ABSOLUTELY. OTHER PUNTERS REALLY JUST SPOIL THE SCENERY.

3 WEEKS BETTER IF YOU CAN, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING FLYING TIME, JETLAG AND GETTING A FEEL OF THE PLACE.

JIMMY OVERPAYS. IT IS EASY ENOUGH TO GET A RTN FOR UNDER £500 IF YOU TRY.

NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE APART FROM RAINY SEASON WHICH MAKES THINGS HARDER WORK. BUT YOU DRY FAST ENOUGH.

TRY TO DO A BIT OF EVERYTHING, PATPONG, NANA AND SO ON, FREELANCERS, LATE NIGHT BROTHEL BARS, SOAPIES AND FISHBOWLS.
  BTW IT'S MAYBE A BIT CRAZY TO DO BKK AND NOT DO A TINY BIT OF TOURISTY. YOU CAN'T SHAG ALL DAY. TRY THE GRAND WAT ONE MORNING, MAYBE THE FLOATING MARKET & SNAKE FARM, DINNER AT A TOP HOTEL OR ONE WHERE YOU CHOOSE ALL THE INGREDIENTS SUPERMARKET STYLE WITH A CHEF WAITING AT CHECK OUT, SEE SOME THAI DANCING (COMBINE WITH 5-STAR MEAL OR OFFERING INCENSE AT LUNCHTIME), JOIN IN MORNING SUN ADORATION EXERCISE IN LUMPINI PARK, DISCOVER THE BEST STREETFOOD-SELLER. (SEEING SOME NICE STUFF ACTUALLY MAKES WHORES TASTE BETTER IMO.)

DON'T GET RIPPED OFF. DON'T GET INTO ARGUMENTS WITH TUKTUK DRIVERS. BEWARE OF TRANNIES (THE WORLD'S MOST REALISTIC).

Like I said I'm sure all this information is out there but was hoping some of the Thailand veterans could give personal feedback or even give links to good information for a newbie.
ENJOY.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:41:17 am by Marmalade »

Offline Marmalade

I suppose the other things to be aware of (you probably know) are rip-offs from taxi touts re-directing you to a different hotel when you arrive, and upstairs bars that do fancy stuff with ping ping balls in fannies and bouncers that do fancy stuff with cash extraction at the exit. Otherwise what's to lose? Dip your toes.

Offline Jerboa

Marm this is a 4 year old thread, I guess the OP never actually made it to LOS.

Offline Marmalade

Marm this is a 4 year old thread, I guess the OP never actually made it to LOS.

Yeah but it may have been helpful to others. WCLad used to post a lot. Now he hardly fucking signs on.

marmiteman

I could post up a fair bit about Thailand. Mainly Bangkok as that's where I spent most of my time.

When I get some time I will.

The best tip I can offer is when arriving at the airport, don't go to any of the "official" cabs, they all overcharge and there are always queues.

Instead go up to the top of the airport, where arrivals are, walk outside and get a taxi which is dropping people off. There will be security but they always turn a blind eye.  :cool:

Offline Jerboa

I could post up a fair bit about Thailand. Mainly Bangkok as that's where I spent most of my time.

When I get some time I will.

The best tip I can offer is when arriving at the airport, don't go to any of the "official" cabs, they all overcharge and there are always queues.

Instead go up to the top of the airport, where arrivals are, walk outside and get a taxi which is dropping people off. There will be security but they always turn a blind eye.  :cool:

When you say official cabs, do you mean the BS Limo service guys who jump on farangs as soon as you walk out of baggage reclaim? Yes these clowns are well known, even these days with the age of the internet still tourists will use them. You say go up to arrivals where taxis dropping off, think you meant departures? yes a good idea if you're travelling light, but if you've got a heavy suitcase, after a long flight and have to piss about getting through the barriers that they erected to make it harder to do as you said, is it worth it? If the official taxi queue isn't long use it.

marmiteman

When you say official cabs, do you mean the BS Limo service guys who jump on farangs as soon as you walk out of baggage reclaim? Yes these clowns are well known, even these days with the age of the internet still tourists will use them. You say go up to arrivals where taxis dropping off, think you meant departures? yes a good idea if you're travelling light, but if you've got a heavy suitcase, after a long flight and have to piss about getting through the barriers that they erected to make it harder to do as you said, is it worth it? If the official taxi queue isn't long use it.

Yes you're correct, I meant departures.  :dash:

I meant the official taxi queue. It's always been really long every time I've been. Although the BS Limo guys can be thrown into the mix too, they are worse. (My mate got charged 1000bhat to Koh San Road)  :lol: :dash:

Also even with a heavy suitcase, I've never not had a cab driving willing to help out to get a fair again straight away.  :thumbsup:

Is it worth it? Saves queuing and pays for my first beer. I'd say yes.  :)

bigone

Your spending 1000's of pounds on your holiday and your
Worried about 20 pounds cab to pattaya😀make you should
Stay at home next time😂

Offline Jerboa

I do take a taxi sometimes, but if you arrive near to when the Bell bus is about to leave its worth taking, as they will drop you at your door.