Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere previously, I know there is a hell of a lot of information already out their on t'internet but I'm hoping some of the guys in the know could save me some time searching by just asking here.
At some point in the next 12 months I really want to go to Thailand for a punting holiday. I've got a fair amount of holiday accrued through work & would like to spend at least 2 weeks, if better 3, drinking, shagging & generally having a good time over there. I've never been so have no idea of the places to go & how the scene works. What I'm really asking for is answers to the questions below & also links to any particular threads out their which are very good for newbies to Thailand.
1) Going on your own. Is this a good idea?
2) 2 weeks, more than enough or is 3 better?
3) What's a good price for return flights?
4) How much to budget for a 2 or 3 week stay?
5) Best times of year to visit? Wouldn't want to go when it's quiet but not sure if peak time would be best for a 1st timer?
6) Places to stay/visit. Not going for the touristy stuff
7) Any pertinent points I haven't considered?
Like I said I'm sure all this information is out there but was hoping some of the Thailand veterans could give personal feedback or even give links to good information for a newbie.