Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Chip and Pin scam in brothels?  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Horizontal pleasures

HP says pay cash always.

External Link/Members Only

Crime bosses 'making millions from chip and pin machines in London brothels'

Crime bosses are raking in millions of pounds in illegal profits from the increasing use of chip and pin machines in brothels, says Scotland Yard.

The force revealed it is uncovering “huge volumes” of money being generated by vice dens, which are switching to credit and debit cards instead of traditional cash.

Detectives investigating the finances of organised crime gangs say the more frequent use of chip and pin machines in brothels is often driven by the demand of businessmen with corporate credit cards.

A gang was jailed in June after a court heard they supplied such machines to brothels in Camden and Westminster.

Bogus hospitality firms were set up by Ashley Sheldrick, 50, and Terrence Hart, 46, using the East Village nightclub in Shoreditch as a front. They then supplied machines to at least seven brothels, raking in £12 million in three years.

A study last year found that prostitution contributed more than £5 billion a year to the UK economy, with a significant slice of the total coming from London.

Revealed: Shoreditch nightclub was at heart of £12 million
Teenage gang jailed following violent gunpoint robberies of brothels
Police raid nine suspected brothels
Det Supt Nick Stevens, head of Scotland Yard’s Central Criminal Finance Team, said: “The amount of money going through these brothels is absolutely huge. A significant amount is chip and pin. It seems that cards are becoming a more prevalent way to pay. We are uncovering more and more organised crime in relation to this area.”

Det Sgt Geoff Donoghue, of the CCFT, said criminals were capitalising on an increasing willingness of punters to use credit cards in brothels, “especially corporate ones in central London”. He said criminals set up anonymous corporate hospitality companies as a front for the use of chip and pin machines.

Police also revealed they are seizing record sums of cash from criminals using the Proceeds of Crime Act in a new effort to target gangs’ finances.

The Met seized £66 million under the Act last year, against £57 million the year before. Officers say they particularly target couriers moving big sums of cash round London for criminal Mr Bigs.

Last year the Met finance teams seized a record £27 million from so-called criminal couriers — up 44 per cent.

In one case officers recovered £1.4 million in cash from a courier after he was stopped in a Notting Hill street with 183,000 euros in his rucksack. The rest of the cash was found hidden in cupboards at his home.

In another case police got a tip-off that Pamesh Sharma, 26, was using his car to deliver cash to money launderers. When officers stopped him they found £75,000 in cash hidden in the speaker in the boot of his BMW.

A raid on his home in Hayes found four hand guns and £750,000 worth of heroin and ketamine. Sharma was jailed for nine years by Isleworth crown court in May. Det Supt Stevens said police are increasingly targeting the finances of crime bosses in a bid to tackle the operations of gangs.

He added: “We are using the same techniques that we deploy to get guns and drugs but now we are using them to get criminals’ cash. So instead of going after organised criminals for drugs, gun running or prostitution we will tackle them in relation to criminal finance, the money laundering, and then work back from there.”

Det Supt Stevens said crime bosses used people with no criminal convictions to carry cash around the city. He said there were “dozens of occasions” when police had seized “hundreds of thousands of pounds” from couriers. 

“On a lot of occasions it will be going to a money service bureau,” he added. “They can be pretty blatant. Sometimes we’ll find a professional hide in a vehicle, other times they’ll just be walking along the road with a suitcase.

“We tend to find the Mr Bigs are quite happy to go to prison for three to five years but they are not so happy to lose their property and their lifestyle.”

The new tactic has seen the arrest of a number of individuals linked to alleged major crime gangs in London in recent months. Police say they are encountering organised crime groups “from around the world”.

More about: money laundering
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:05:17 pm by Horizontal pleasures »

LL

I read this on the way home.  So who's paying for their punts with credit cards then?  I've only seen one person here admit to doing that (and I think he was drunk at the time).  Talk about leaving a paper trail!

Offline dboy74

You would have to be pretty stupid to pay for a punt by credit card  :dash:

Offline cueball

You would have to be pretty stupid to pay for a punt by credit card  :dash:

Agreed, it's a cash only game is this

SirFrank

Who the fuck pays for poontang with their card?

raylondoner

I was in Zurich a few years back and a little bit under the influence but still aware enough to refuse their enthusiasm for me to flash the plastic!  :hi:

Offline Mansell

I'm just imagining the phone call between the punter and the credit card company telling them it's been ripped off ( and where did you last use it then sir, oh just the local brothel ), absolutely nuts using your card  :dash:

endomorph

Is credit card payment as common as claimed in this artiicle? External Link/Members Only

Offline Jimmyredcab

I doubt it very much, most of our members are paranoid about using their card on Adultwork so they are not going to use it in the local brothel.  :hi:

Offline cueball

most of our members are paranoid

You're not kidding, I won't even park near the gaff, never mind using any form of card payment

Offline G.Raff

Is credit card payment as common as claimed in this artiicle? External Link/Members Only

Most definitely NOT!

It's the usual tabloid obsessed sensationalism in anything to do with the Adult industry.

Unfortunately it is this kind of attitude that prevents an honest, serious debate about any issues connected with the industry.

Offline Turtle1

For the record Iv paid for high end punts with cards. Though most were outside the UK. Didn't think twice when doing it. Now I'd do things different.

Offline Taggart

There's a lot of journalistic licence in this story, but the suggestion use of plastic is widespread is, IMO, utter bollocks.
Cash is far easier to conceal when the authorities come knocking, use of cards is inviting a long stretch. I'm not quiye sure where the scam comes into it. There is no suggestion of fraudulent transactions.

Isnt more use of chip & pin and seizing records sums of cash a contradiction?  I've read the story several times, and there is a collection of unconnected facts lumped under one banner. Dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

PS: The Evening Standard is one of the Daily Mail & General Trust group publications, and we know what shite appears in the Mail !

Offline MustaphaShag

Who on earth would use a corporate credit card?  :wacko:  You would get caught out straight away, as soon as Miss Prim N Proper in the accounts dept saw that entry she would be straight off to inform the boss

Offline PeachyAssFan

Only an idiot would use a card. Using a business card is even worse. You get caught using it for anything improper in my place you are sacked with no appeal. I suppose there might just be a reason for someone to use one of those prepaid charge cards that you load up to take on holiday, but do they have your name on them? If so, even worse they know your real name. There arent many people called Mr PeachyAssFan, so theyd be able to track me down on the electoral role easily enough.  :)

Offline lostandfound

There's no mention of punters being scammed though, is there?

Offline JamesKW

Offline Mij

Who in their right mind would pay with a card!?!?!?  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline PeachyAssFan

Who in their right mind would pay with a card!?!?!?  :dash: :dash: :dash:
Someone with a stolen credit card. In which case charge everything from her extras menu - anal, cim. Swallow, water sports etc  :)

Offline Mij

Someone with a stolen credit card. In which case charge everything from her extras menu - anal, cim. Swallow, water sports etc  :)

Maybe,  but you'd be pretty dumb to use a stolen card, then hang around for 30/60 mins while you have the punt!  :)

Offline akauya

Maybe,  but you'd be pretty dumb to use a stolen card, then hang around for 30/60 mins while you have the punt!  :)

Do you seriously expect the cops to turn up as soon as you pay with a stolen credit card? To start with the police don't give a shit about stolen credit cards. When you report your card stolen or lost all the credit card company does is block it and send you another. Then they ask you to inform them which transactions you think are fraudulent. The whole fucking saga takes days by which time the thief must have fucked a few prossies on that card.

Offline Mij

Do you seriously expect the cops to turn up as soon as you pay with a stolen credit card? To start with the police don't give a shit about stolen credit cards. When you report your card stolen or lost all the credit card company does is block it and send you another. Then they ask you to inform them which transactions you think are fraudulent. The whole fucking saga takes days by which time the thief must have fucked a few prossies on that card.

I didn't say anything about the police. More referring to the owners of the brothel potentially getting a call back from the credit card company advising them the card used was stolen. We had a call last week from Amex saying a card we had taken had been reported stolen some 15 mins before and did we have cctv or could provide a description of the people. Seems they are getting a bit more proactive now!

Offline akauya

I didn't say anything about the police. More referring to the owners of the brothel potentially getting a call back from the credit card company advising them the card used was stolen. We had a call last week from Amex saying a card we had taken had been reported stolen some 15 mins before and did we have cctv or could provide a description of the people. Seems they are getting a bit more proactive now!

OK - I get it :hi:

My experience with credit card companies (when I reported mine lost/stolen/cloned) is that it took them ages to sort anything out.

Bakeryboy

What's to stop you cancelling it later if they've ripped you off? Do they take a copy of your ID? And what could they do with that information if they did?

Persie

I would have a serious problem explaining this on my expense return  :wacko:

Offline Harty66

People have discussed being approached on leaving strip clubs in previous threads and then being taken to brothels in London. Lots of customers do use credit and business cards and the payment then shows up as something different such as taxi or chauffeur services - like most have said earlier it seems a risky game to pay, particularly how quickly costs ratchet up somewhere like this!