Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Basic precautions to preserve your anonymity and avoid getting outed or getting  (Read 9720 times)

Offline NIK

Fluffies usually tell the world they're gonna see a forum darling don't they?

I bet their fluffiness is being taken down a notch after recent events.

Finally a stop to their showboating and 1up manship

I think there's an element of truth in this.

I recall one thread where someone was seeing a couple of girls for a threesome - it might have been Michelle and somebody else -  and a couple of other punters were saying stuff such as well done you've managed to secure such an appointment. It was as though he had pulled them rather than was paying for them!  :rolleyes:

Offline smiths

I think there's an element of truth in this.

I recall one thread where someone was seeing a couple of girls for a threesome - it might have been Michelle and somebody else -  and a couple of other punters were saying stuff such as well done you've managed to secure such an appointment. It was as though he had pulled them rather than was paying for them!  :rolleyes:

Yes and on top of this you get some punters then saying they are envious or jealous, its paying a prostitute for sex FFS anyone with the cash can do that, the last thing I am is either of those two things, just shows the different way people think.

Louise 100% British

To sum up what I said in the other post.

if using whatsapp, don't bother with an identifiable photo.
You don't know who has your number and who can see it.

Don't leave your phone, wallet unattended (this is how i think asian beast outed me)

If you have an iPhone, when updating iOS remember it will sync your phone contacts (mine did)
Don't add your number to Facebook.

use separate email addresses- personal and punting.

Another thing, check your iPhone settings, a lot of you text from iCloud, this contains your real name, and sometimes the company you work for!
i have told dozens of men, i haven't received their number, only their email. They genuinely seem shocked when i tell them.

Easiest option is leave ID in car etc and use a cheap pay as you go phone.
2 phones is best.

Offline LoneWolf2020

how very unselfish of you to think of others by posting this advice during this difficult time. wishing you the best.

Distraction

You don't know who has your number and who can see it.

Don't leave your phone, wallet unattended (this is how i think asian beast outed me)

If you have an iPhone, when updating iOS remember it will sync your phone contacts (mine did)
Don't add your number to Facebook.

use separate email addresses- personal and punting.

Another thing, check your iPhone settings, a lot of you text from iCloud, this contains your real name, and sometimes the company you work for!
i have told dozens of men, i haven't received their number, only their email. They genuinely seem shocked when i tell them.

Easiest option is leave ID in car etc and use a cheap pay as you go phone.
2 phones is best.

+1 to this, having read the "marty_mcfly aka columbo aka asianbeast" thread, it seems a lot of people affected have had their anonymity compromised by smart phones and social media apps.

Having a punting phone is no longer just about having a separate number. Users need to make sure that they never use it to connect with non punting accounts, as the software can "helpfully" link your contact details without you knowing. Also with connecting to your home computer it's important to turn sync options off completely as this can also hoover up all your personal details.

The punting top tips wiki is great, but perhaps it needs to be updated to include this as technology and software moved on.

I also think it would be worth pining this thread (or another with links to valuable information) so it's clearly visible to new members who might not have thought things through. When I started out the first thing I did was get a separate PAYG phone. I remember at the time asking myself if I was being a bit paranoid - there were no such forums or threads at the time to suggest that people should do so. Recent events show that's its not paranoia, it's a necessity.

Hawkwind71

Unfortunately we have not all been so wise. I have now completely isolated my punting email, punter phone purchased. No references between my AW, UKP or twitter accounts.

My concern is the legacy I have left from previous mistakes and I doubt I am alone.

Like most I just have to wait it out with fingers crossed.

Offline Thepacifist

I've deleted my facebook, twitter, whats app and all other social media apps off my phone now. Changed my setting to sms text. It's not worth it.

Offline NIK

I don't have a punting phone, never have had one and don't intend to get one.
Then again I don't really punt anymore!  :D

Although I don't remember exactly when I got the internet I do recall getting my first mobile in December '97 for my birthday. Although I was at the very peak of my punting around then I didn't use the phone to make appointments for maybe another three years or so. Instead I would use call boxes.
The reason wasn't so much security but because the mobile calls then cost a fortune. I was on pay as you go and after a couple of calls it was soon time to pay some more as you went. Indeed for the first few years of owning one I barely used the phone being intimidated by the costs!  :blush:

I must also be relatively unique in that I have kept the same number ever since I had the phone. Eighteen years now. Anybody beat that?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:01:54 am by NIK »

Offline GreyDave

:hi: Just did a serch of both my profile names and found quotes from both used on diffrent sites ..

I was surprised at this I have a punting phone and email acc and dot link any to gether  I realise the isp provider can suppliy address but thought this was very difficult is this what mcfly has managed to get to get at people?

Hawkwind71

:hi: Just did a serch of both my profile names and found quotes from both used on diffrent sites ..

I was surprised at this I have a punting phone and email acc and dot link any to gether  I realise the isp provider can suppliy address but thought this was very difficult is this what mcfly has managed to get to get at people?

Comforting to see that hawkwind71 is Eugene from Kiev in the Ukraine on twitter.

Didn't realise I was Sergei's brother. :cool:

vw

Comforting to see that hawkwind71 is Eugene from Kiev in the Ukraine on twitter.

Didn't realise I was Sergei's brother. :cool:
So you are @bellend then ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

broksonic

Some of you have probably read that I was extremely stupid and had pictures of my face on my AW profile . I have now removed these from my gallery and had a good read of the punting wiki

Lz-129

Some of you have probably read that I was extremely stupid and had pictures of my face on my AW profile . I have now removed these from my gallery and had a good read of the punting wiki

Good man, hopefully not too late! Lesson learnt (iam still learning)
Punting wiki is a good and essential read

theGOAT

Another thing, check your iPhone settings, a lot of you text from iCloud, this contains your real name, i have told dozens of men, i haven't received their number, only their email. They genuinely seem shocked when i tell them.

This happened to me once - WG told me when I arrived she got my texts from iCloud email which has my real name.  Maybe because I had low mobile signal but good WIFI signal at the time I sent the text. You can fiddle with iPhone settings but cant trust it now.

Cheers!  :drinks:

Lz-129

This happened to me once - WG told me when I arrived she got my texts from iCloud email which has my real name.  Maybe because I had low mobile signal but good WIFI signal at the time I sent the text. You can fiddle with iPhone settings but cant trust it now.

Cheers!  :drinks:

Which is why my punting iPhone has its own separate Apple ID! Totally separate from my personally stuff

SirFrank

I disabled all the internet shit on my punting phone and only use it to phone and text. No whatsapp, no social media, no email and cash only sim pay as you go

Offline Thepacifist

I'm getting a punting phone ASAP.

Distraction

I disabled all the internet shit on my punting phone and only use it to phone and text. No whatsapp, no social media, no email and cash only sim pay as you go

I was thinking about getting a new punting sim for an old smart phone I have kicking about (the handset from before my last upgrade for my regular mobile). I'm not so sure I'll bother now. It would just be a hassle to make sure everything is deleted/disabled.

Louise 100% British

Had to tell someone today about the iCloud thing.
He really had no idea.
Is it to do with wifi? Or just phone settings!

broksonic

I'm getting a punting phone ASAP.

Think I might do the same . At the moment I'm using an iPhone 6 that's on a contract

broksonic

Good man, hopefully not too late! Lesson learnt (iam still learning)
Punting wiki is a good and essential read

strange thing is I'm not getting women bidding on my latest reverse booking that are not in my age range , or haven't even bothered to read my request

Lz-129

strange thing is I'm not getting women bidding on my latest reverse booking that are not in my age range , or haven't even bothered to read my request

That's not smart phone issue, that's dusty phone syndrome

Lz-129

Had to tell someone today about the iCloud thing.
He really had no idea.
Is it to do with wifi? Or just phone settings!

Text messages?

Offline wheeliebinwanking

I have a few spare phones. I think the phone is the main tool. It must be a totally seperate phone and if you need to login with an ID or email, IT MUST BE SEPERATE AND ISOLATED

I actually quite using WhatApp as I am a tight git and actually my providers will respond via WhatsApp. Obviously I have a fake name and no profile picture

WBW

yorkshire123

A great post by Sam in another thread that I believe fits nicely here, cheers Sam  :hi:

UKP has grown, it's not only lurkers that read the topics. I'm sure journalists, mumsnet members and others fascinated or appalled with punting activity read topics on this site.

Info you share can be gathered. Where you live or work, which team you support, which party you voted for, how old you are, how many kids you have etc..

When sharing info via PM's - it's ultimately your decision what you share but be vigilant about sharing your number/e-mail and whether you have whatsapp linked to the number and the picture/nickname you have on there.

AW - I don't use AW to contact girls but those who do may choose to use a different name than their UKP ID and try not to link it. If a girl asks you to email her privately then use a punting email not connected to your real name.

Twitter - I didn't even realise this was used to contact WG's until recently. Again follow above steps.

Phone - Probably the most important security aspect for organising a punt and the easiest way to discover someone's identity. Use a punting phone. Disable/delete any apps such as facebook, whatsapp or any other social media and contact apps, or just use a non-smartphone.

Never tell someone your real name or where you live. Make up a story about what you do for a living. Keep your belongings and things that can identify you safe. Either at home, in the car or if you choose to go in to a WG's flat with them, don't go showering while they are left in the room. A nosy WG can find out your identity. They may not do anything but it only takes one psycho to start blackmailing you.

Most of this is common sense and not a James Bond movie.

Offline smiths

A great post by Sam in another thread that I believe fits nicely here, cheers Sam  :hi:

Yes it was an excellent post by Sam, but the point is a punter cant be outed by scum if they follow the advice given by him, on this thread, many others we have had on here, and by reading the wiki.

My concern is some if not many punters aren't following the advice sadly. Trusting WGs too much, other punters and generally not thinking security is that important. Well if they have anything in life to lose I VERY strongly urge punters to make carefully thinking of their security and safety as a top priority.

Offline SamLP

Very true. The info is available in this site and on the wiki punting pages too. I forgot to add another point that was raised recently.
 - Don't announce you have a punt lined up, especially when you go into specifics. ie. I have a punt lined up with Tina tomorrow at 2pm  :yahoo:

:thumbsdown:

yorkshire123

Could I also add to the viewing prossie's, stop talking about punters to other punters.
Discretion is a two way deal in my opinion.

SUMO61

This forum may have its faults or oddballs, but it's been invaluable to me for safe punting. So far, it's stopped me:

Using a smartphone...what was I thinking??
Parking too nearby
Taking wallet in room with me
Saying too much about myself to WGs
Being un-informed re sti risks

And, it's good to talk, laugh and learn from others too..

So cheers all, forearmed is forewarned. It's still a risky business, but so are many things in life :drinks:

vw

Could I also add to the viewing prossie's, stop talking about punters to other punters.
Talking about asianbeast or any other avatar between pops would ruin it for even the Most horny VW.

KenniLingus

Its good to refresh your punting antics once in a while to ensure you don't get sloppy.

Offline MintRoyale

I agree totally, though I think it might be a bit of fun for them or a release of stress. In their downtime they prob read the forum and prob wanna have some banter with others in industry. Like if I were to meet clients or suppliers, I can banter to them about others/rivals.

After this incident, I think banter is gonna be on other topics now

Offline myothernameis

Very true. The info is available in this site and on the wiki punting pages too. I forgot to add another point that was raised recently.
 - Don't announce you have a punt lined up, especially when you go into specifics. ie. I have a punt lined up with Tina tomorrow at 2pm  :yahoo:

:thumbsdown:

I would also say, when posting reviews on here and on aw, information you post may identify your a and ukp username

hhhh1234

This has sort of been covered, but don't use your personal email address for AW - when it inevitably gets hacked all the email addresses used will be available to search by anyone who wants to.

vw

This has sort of been covered, but don't use your personal email address for AW - when it inevitably gets hacked all the email addresses used will be available to search by anyone who wants to.
The problem with linking is you write a negative here, the hooker writes feedback from your booking you requested bareback, AW account now pointless.  Don't link them ! 

OldAdmin

People shouldn't use their personal emails for this site either, although many seem to do. Some here even use their work address.
I wouldn't use personal email address for any adult site.

Online King Kenny

People shouldn't use their personal emails for this site either, although many seem to do. Some here even use their work address.

:scare: Bloody hell. I changed my email address a few months back for just this very reason (in light of the AM situation).

Admin - do you ever email members?

Offline akauya

Based on the disgusting revelation by admin (https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=69746.0) that a fellow punter has been outed by a low life fuck up it may be a good time for anyone who hasn't read the punting wiki thread (in the title) to have a good read, it also serves as a good refresher for the seasoned punter.

External Link/Members Only

If anyone has got any additions to make to the above thread or can think of any internal precautions we can all take with reference to post's & PM's then feel free to add them to this thread & if needs be I will join the wiki & update it myself if that's possible? (with my technical skills that could be very interesting)

And hats off to whoever wrote it in the first place  :hi:

For everyone's info...

I updated the Punting Top Tips wiki page and added a "Punting and Social Media" section.

Please check/proofread and let me know if I got something wrong or if something needs adding/removing, etc. or better still join the Wiki and edit if yourselves ;)

For the sake of clarity, the Top Tips page was originally compiled by Jason. I only added the Social Media section.

yorkshire123

For everyone's info...

I updated the Punting Top Tips wiki page and added a "Punting and Social Media" section.

Please check/proofread and let me know if I got something wrong or if something needs adding/removing, etc. or better still join the Wiki and edit if yourselves ;)

For the sake of clarity, the Top Tips page was originally compiled by Jason. I only added the Social Media section.

Thank you so much mate  :hi:

I promised myself that I would join up & add this type of info but looking at the great job you have done I feel any attempt that I made would look & read like a sack of Yorkshire shit.

Offline akauya

Thanks Yorks, my problem is posting lots of London shit :)

I usually read and re-read what I type and it all seems great but as soon as I click publish I find loads of mistakes. It happens every time.

Online hendrix

For everyone's info...

Great work akauya!  :thumbsup:

Offline smiths

For everyone's info...

Many thanks for the work you do and have done on the Wiki mate, much appreciated. :drinks:

Offline Zooms

This is a really useful piece of work. Thanks. It saved my skin!

Offline aking23

Hi all,

New to the forum, will be chipping in with reviews when finances permit.

Hope this will be useful though...
I have a Linux installation on a tiny USB stick  that I keep well hidden. When I want to do any "special" internet activity, I insert this and boot from it, rather than the main Windows hard drive.

It doesn't record any session information, and if inserted into a PC just looks like a load of tech stuff.
This is about as safe as browsing gets, and will even circumvent keylogging software which caught a friend of mine.

It's a bit technical to set up, but by no means hugely complicated.

Look forward to making more salacious contributions soon!

normal_guy

Just wanted to say that this is very useful stuff.  Everyone MUST read it.  Even those who are seasoned regulars.

Clarkson

I can only guess on this so forgive me if I'm way off the mark.....

- Prossie's talking about punters?
- Punters requesting info on punters from prossie's?
- Punters talking about punters?
- Members getting too personal during PM's?
- Stalking on social media & putting the pieces of the jigsaw together?
- Punters being blasé about their anonymity in open posts?
- Threats of blackmail if info isn't given?

I'm sure quite a lot more ways?

I know it all sounds a little far fetched to anyone with a balanced brain but to your average basket case its probably all in a days work.   

I think those are all very real problems and the first three happen a lot more than some realise or would want to acknowledge. Gossip is the punters enemy. I am personally aware of a punter who asks girls about other punters all the time. This might sound extreme but since I discovered this when I meet a girl I always make sure as much as possible that nothing about me is recognisable, change my appearance and other things. Also I never ask or allow a girl to tell me anything as for one I'm not interested and another is that ignorance is bliss as if I give a fuck about other guys they shag. 

normal_guy

Just noticed thus:

Think we all need to familiarise with the design of these covert cameras.

Offline RedKettle

Yes I made this mistake initially - then changed it to my newly acquired punting email which I set up the day I bought a punting phone.  I have said it before but I cannot believe how naive and stupid I was when I started this.  Thank god (or Admin & NIK) for UKP!!!!

Diehard

Just noticed thus:

Think we all need to familiarise with the design of these covert cameras.

Fucking hell the plot thickens. So hookers could have a spy camera on their watch! How long before earrings have them in!!

I recently had a punt where the hooker was trying to record me on her phone after the punt she was pretending to text but was obvious what she was doing so I kept my back turned until I got my clothes on then pulled baseball cap down and hid most of my face under tracksuit top collar zipped up to the top and I just pretended I was cold......the house she was in was about 100f! Still, she wasn't english so I'm not sure it registered.