Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: When did AdultWork start?  (Read 1308 times)

Offline NIK

Anyone know what year AW began?
I ask because as I have had very few bookings through AW and find it largely to be a crock of shite, it must have been either when my punting was already in decline or I started to become more discerning.

I simply can't go along with all the enthusiasm there is for the site and I know Jimmy feels the same. It's like wading through mud.
For example in South Yorks more than half the girls advertising are actually at one of the parlours or agencies and the genuine indies are in a minority. You may therefore just as well go the parlour or the agency and not bother with AWank.
There was actually a new girl (alleged student) in Sheffield I was interested in recently and I even emailed her. Typically the profile then immediately disappeared. Hadn't been up a week.
And don't get me started on all the Romanian skanks and scams and fake profiles.  :angry:

vw

On the Whois look up for adultwork.com

Creation Date: 19-feb-2000

Offline NIK

That probably explains what I mean. By around 2001 or so I began using London agencies for much of my punting and within a few years I was punting more in London than locally, whereas all through the 90's I was punting every few weeks predominantly locally, usually through local newspaper adverts.

vw

That probably explains what I mean. By around 2001 or so I began using London agencies for much of my punting and within a few years I was punting more in London than locally, whereas all through the 90's I was punting every few weeks predominantly locally, usually through local newspaper adverts.
Much prefer AW to the Grove Street Days in Liverpool.

theGOAT

I only use UKP and AW to source punts as find all other sources unreliable - as I cant find any decent feedback on them.

All feedback I see on UKP seems to link to AW profiles which is why I find these sites complement eachother.

Are people finding good punting via other means?

Cheers?  :drinks:

vw

I only use UKP and AW to source punts as find all other sources unreliable - as I cant find any decent feedback on them.

All feedback I see on UKP seems to link to AW profiles which is why I find these sites complement eachother.

Are people finding good punting via other means?

Cheers?  :drinks:
Only the odd agency or last minute chicken oriental from the Gloucester citizen, the Metro on the bus has quite a few Bristol hookers.

slow and low

AW is absolutely desperate, the South London area seems to have been hit with fake profiles over the last couple of weeks. Doing a search is more out of habit then the expectation of finding anything half decent outside of regulars.

OldAdmin

That's not correct.
They started on .co.uk in 2003 and later bought and transferred to using the .com domain around 2005. The .com had previous owner.

Offline NIK

That's not correct.
They started on .co.uk in 2003 and later bought and transferred to using the .com domain around 2005. The .com had previous owner.

That's even less likely I would use them then.

yorkshire123

AW has always been there during my punting stage but as a 75% parlour punter I seldom used it.

But surely its better than the blind punts using phone cards & papers prior to its launch?
At least you have a slim chance that the arse you see will be the arse you find whereas I could imagine that pre AW quite a few would turn out to be a moose in disguise?

As I have no experience of this so I am only guessing  :unknown:

Offline king tarzan

I used to use local adverts in local papers
I find adultworks very very good
The feedback system at least gives an indication of what to expect
There is a lot of misleading services on there but that's down to the women who advertise on there. .
I lije to find independent ladies and ladies that I guess will only be very short term on the game..
Not brothel type years rinsed ladies..
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

ATMIV

I now use UKP for research then use the AW link to look at the profile will then decide whether or not to add her to my HL

I have completely stopped searching on AW as it is saturated with all sorts

willbred

I know I first noticed it on a prossie's PC and asked what it was....would have been about 2001/2

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
I recall it being around in 2003.

Offline hungrypunt

Maybe someone is planning a rival?  :yahoo:
adultwork.com ltd and adultwork.com (south west) ltd were registered as companies in Cardiff recently.

greychap

Maybe someone is planning a rival?  :yahoo:
adultwork.com ltd and adultwork.com (south west) ltd were registered as companies in Cardiff recently.

If its a rival cant they come up with there own ideas and names rather then copying a website that has a lot of flaws now days.

Offline claretandblue

Awork searching plus cross referencing ukpunting reviews works perfectly fine if you bother to do it properly

I don't see people jumping up and down saying Awork is amazing but really there is no serious rival and people who slag it off generally just moan as opposed to offering up a serious alternative

Offline Vorteghan

I've only ever punted using the help of the internet and AW, although this then ultimately led me into walking into a brothel for the first time once I became established in this hobby. Not great no but surely its better than relying on the small ads in the paper back in the day or using brothels, which can be a bit hit or miss? In any case, I do appreciate the browsing material while planning and preparing for a punt, knowing that there is a reasonable chance the pictures are genuine.

Offline purple_t

I quite like sifting through all the crap on AW to find the potential gems. You really do see the full spectrum of the good, the bad and the ugly.

These days I cross-reference with UKP where possible.

Soprendo

Under the previous owners it was so slow as to be not worth wasting time.
The new people improved the speed and it turned into the monolith it is now.