Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Could you still do this hobby without the internet?  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Sparta Prada

Us older chaps can remember the days before the Internet was widely available where our ways to find a working girl were:

Street girls
Classified ads in newspapers and contact mags
Cards in newsagent windows
Cards in city centre telephone boxes

If the internet ceased to exist tomorrow, just imagine going back to this way of punting! Obviously all of the above methods of meeting girls still exist, but I am struggling to remember the last time I found a girl not using the net.

Offline maxxblue

The Oldest Profession is so-called for a reason.

So the answer to the question in your title is 'yes', though clearly punting is so much easier with the advent of the internet.

yorkshire123

Even though the internet punting age was well & truly alive & kicking when I started punting I was totally oblivious to it.

My first encounter was a girl in a hotel who after many a drink kindly offered to fuck my brains out for a fee, after that it was onto the NW parlour scene.

So the answer to the question is yes I could & would but whether I would have ever moved onto the indie scene without the net I seriously doubt it.   

MrBridger

I've always been a bit nervous of new situations. Even now the thought of walking into a parlour makes me break out in a cold sweat, so I can safely say that if the internet fell over tomorrow, my ability to find new opportunities would go with it. I could still see any girls whose numbers are currently saved in my P phone, but if I lost that it would be game over.

yorkshire123

I've always been a bit nervous of new situations. Even now the thought of walking into a parlour makes me break out in a cold sweat, so I can safely say that if the internet fell over tomorrow, my ability to find new opportunities would go with it. I could still see any girls whose numbers are currently saved in my P phone, but if I lost that it would be game over.

I'm always looking for new business opportunities & your post has just given me a belter, punting phone contacts insurance 
I wonder if the dragons will go for it  :D

Offline smiths

Us older chaps can remember the days before the Internet was widely available where our ways to find a working girl were:

Street girls

If the internet ceased to exist tomorrow, just imagine going back to this way of punting! Obviously all of the above methods of meeting girls still exist, but I am struggling to remember the last time I found a girl not using the net.

I could and would do so.

Quesadilla

The web in general and UKP in particular is what makes punting as appealing to me as it is.

I did punt pre-web out of the back of the local rag, and must admit my batting average was less than 50/50.  Even in the Amsterdam RLD where you can view the merchandise so to speak I was struggling to get above 50/50, so I'm not entirely sure how long I'd persevere if I kept having crap punts.  Certainly I'd punt a lot less often than I do now.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Not sure about other areas but the local papers around here don't take the ads in the personal section anymore and haven't for about 5 or 6 years.
I did ask a girl about this once and she said the local authorities were having a crack down on it but there were still ads in the back of Loot.

No internet would make things much harder and back to turning up without any idea of what a new girl looks like, it's hard enough with the net trying to avoid fake ads; B&S etc

Offline smiths

Another point for ME about this is I now have some punting mates which I didn't have for many years pre-net when I punted in isolation, so I would still have their help so wouldn't be in exactly the same position as I was for those many years.

Offline NIK

Street girls

Indeed. However I did it for several years prior to the internet.
Indeed one of the most galling things is that for various reasons my punting has declined almost simultaneously with the rise of UKP. In the five years of UKP's existence I have punted less than at any time since around 1991.

foreverandever

Local paper, Daily Sport an general knowledge. I wouldn't say UKP has helped massively because I was always one of those under the radar punting for myself all across the NW. UKP has helped me realise though that I can offer tips and advice to others.

Call it a free service...

Hawkwind71

Local paper, Daily Sport an general knowledge. I wouldn't say UKP has helped massively because I was always one of those under the radar punting for myself all across the NW. UKP has helped me realise though that I can offer tips and advice to others.

Call it a free service...

My story is slightly different. I was a big strip club fan in the days when you could touch in a lap dance. I had loads of them when I didn't know any better. Anyway this one girl from Russia but spoke perfect English, propostioned me. Naively I turned her down. But I credit her with starting the ball rolling, it was my first prossie encounter and her lieing naked on my lap, legs wide open telling me I could touch it in the hotel room, well the image never left my head. 4 months later I saw my one and only agency girl, then discovered AW and the rest is history.

So technically the means to do it without the internet is still there , the strip club where I met the Russian is still operating.  Google Zanzibar Club Toronto.  Great place for a view. And the girls there still proposition the old way.

Long way to travel for a punt but there you go.......
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:44:38 am by Hawkwind71 »

Offline threechilliman

The web in general and UKP in particular is what makes punting as appealing to me as it is.

I did punt pre-web out of the back of the local rag, and must admit my batting average was less than 50/50.  Even in the Amsterdam RLD where you can view the merchandise so to speak I was struggling to get above 50/50, so I'm not entirely sure how long I'd persevere if I kept having crap punts.  Certainly I'd punt a lot less often than I do now.

I'd struggle without the internet. Lots of crap punts together with no UKP banter and contact with other punters would make it a lonely and, quite frankly, very unappealing hobby. I had one pre-net punt out of the Daily Sport and didn't punt again for 15 years it was so bad. Probably sums it up!

tcm

Swansea lad

If your the sort of punter who's always looking for that special experience the internet helps you a lot.

I'm the other sort, all I want is an attractive girl who's not all plastic who gives a decent bj and doesn't do bareback. What I want you can find in most places, my biggest problem at the moment are girls who take bookings then do a no show!

Offline winkywanky

Yes, you could still punt without the internet.

As has been said already, prostitution is the oldest profession, the people on both sides of the transaction want it, it WILL find a way to happen.

But we live in the information society, never before have you had the means to make such 'an informed choice' - you can research a punt, see the girl's photos, ask for advice from fellow punters, read her profile, scan her feedback.

Will you always therefore have a good punt? NO. It's still a punt, and a big part of the way your punt goes - notwithstanding if she's either basically a 'good' SP, or a bad SP - is still dependent on your personal interaction with a girl.

But to a great extent, you learn to read the signs.

Also, I have no doubt that the internet has assisted the easy proliferation of prostitution for those that want to engage in it, punter or SP.

Offline cueball

I could go back to the old days of contact mags, personal ads etc etc but it's way easier with the net , at least I can tell a bait and switch nowadays.

I'd never go back to street punting.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I did not go online until 2001, I started punting around 1980 ---------------- so the answer is Yes, I could manage again without the internet, for me personally punting was better before the internet -----------for starters Romanian skanks did not exist.  :bomb:

Offline lostandfound

Punting without the www? I don't think that's something I have to be concerned about.

Shopping without supermarkets and Amazon? Travel without the internal combustion engine? Daily life without electricity and running water and sanitation? And the many other conveniences of modern life? Have to admit I'm happy to take them all for granted as well!

Offline threechilliman

I did not go online until 2001, I started punting around 1980 ---------------- so the answer is Yes, I could manage again without the internet, for me personally punting was better before the internet -----------for starters Romanian skanks did not exist.  :bomb:

Except that without the internet there'd be even more uncertainty making it more appealing than ever for EE girls.

tcm

Offline tantric talents

Yes of course.
But I would not have met so many hot girls  :yahoo:  :hi:

Quesadilla

Yes of course.
But I would not have met so many hot girls  :yahoo:  :hi:

Exactly - I have had various "ok" punts but all of the really great, truly memorable punts with really hot chicks have come from research here.  :thumbsup: :drinks:

Offline TomTank

My first punts were living in Holland as a teenager.
Drunken walks around the red light district with mates after the pub turned into sneaking there on my own.

Coming back to England was always a bit of a challenge as it didn't seem to work the same way everywhere.
At first I really didn't like it and missed the massive choice and general better looking girls in a Dutch Red Light, but then you started to find better and less mechanical service in England.

Tried parlours but they were mostly hand relief.
Loved visiting London and Brighton because of the telephone box cards, and in London the walk ups.
Manchester Evening News and Sunday Sport led me to better parlours and some good indies.
Also scanned local papers and Yellow Pages.

Would definitely still do it, but it's a hell of a lot easier to get what you want. I remember being mega-disappointed once when a girl who always worked at a place on Thursday wasn't there. Mobile phones were the first big improvement because you could phone ahead more easily to check who was on.

The downside is that I probably spend a silly amount of time "investigating" this hobby compared to pre-internet days.

Offline Jerboa

Yes like most long term punters I started out before the internet was born, made things a bit pot luck on who you'd find, so much better now when you can see photos of the girl, and details or reviews before booking.

Offline wristjob

I probably had about 5 punts pre-net times, and can't say any were memorable. Obviously I have contacts now but if I were to move to a new city and tech jumped back to 1995 then I would probably try and find a couple of girls and get bored very very quickly. That or save up for a punting holiday somewhere where you can't go wrong.

2 areas UKP helped. The obvious one is reviews weeding out bad and picking good girls. The other underrated one is knowledge and confidence. All those preconceptions from crap like Pretty Woman, WGs don't kiss etc. reading some of the reviews here you know more is often on offer and each girl is different.

Online Anadin

Nope! I don't know how people coped before the net.

Offline Cuntminion

I can't do nothing without some sort of net connection no more

Worst one is when you internet goes down

You can't go on the internet to find out how to fix it

In these situations I cry till it starts working again

Quesadilla

You should always have a backup for when your main connection goes down, then you won't have to cry ever again.  My 4G connection on my android phone serves as a wifi hotspot on those rare occasions I lose my home connection. Fair enough it's never going to match my 120MB Virgin cable connection but it stops me tearing my hair out.  :drinks:

Offline Cuntminion

You should always have a backup for when your main connection goes down, then you won't have to cry ever again.  My 4G connection on my android phone serves as a wifi hotspot on those rare occasions I lose my home connection. Fair enough it's never going to match my 120MB Virgin cable connection but it stops me tearing my hair out.  :drinks:

Yeah I don't but what it has done is allowed me to get handy at sorting it out quickly now after a few occasions when it was down and I had no clue how to fix it

Offline tantric talents

Yeah I don't but what it has done is allowed me to get handy at sorting it out quickly now after a few occasions when it was down and I had no clue how to fix it
You mean you unplugged the adsl line, switched it off, reconnected and then switched it on again?
 :D

Quesadilla

You mean you unplugged the adsl line, switched it off, reconnected and then switched it on again?
 :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

punther

The net makes it so convenient. You can be in the most random location bring up AW and find yourself a lovely lady.

UKP is great as well in helping flatten out the learning curve. It would take years to learn all the things I now know just after 3 months punting

Type_O_Negative

I'm from younger generation and without internet I wouldn't know where to start.

Offline Johnbean

God bless the ads in the Daily Sport. I remember my first punt from the newspaper, took me 3 attempts to ring the number for an address. Never picked up a street walker, always bottled at the last minute, kinda wish I had now, for the experience.

Hawkwind71

I'm from younger generation and without internet I wouldn't know where to start.

I'm from the older generation but late into the game. Never considered it when I was young, AIDS killing celebrities left right and centre, no GUM clinics, stayed safe with lap dances where you could at least touch.

Today AW and UKP has made it about as safe as any hobbie. I'm now making up for lost time by cramming as many punts as I can muster for as long as Mr Plod cooperates. But none of this would have happened for me without the internet. I am a mature child of the technological revolution.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:41:44 am by Hawkwind71 »

Offline phillips

God bless the ads in the Daily Sport. I remember my first punt from the newspaper, took me 3 attempts to ring the number for an address. Never picked up a street walker, always bottled at the last minute, kinda wish I had now, for the experience.
Yes God Bless the Daily Sport,
As for picking up street walkers it was a hell of a experience,but it has help me no end today.

I used to pick a few numbers from the ads,go to my local phone box armed with no end of 10ps and ring a few numbers.
Get the info and off we go,arrive at the house if I liked what I saw bingo in we go,if not back to the phone box.start again. :)

So yes you could still do this hobby without the internet, you just adapt  :)

Offline wristjob

You would go into a phone box and find a card for an absolutely gorgeous 21 year old model, call the number, arrive there and be confronted by some 60 something beast  :scare:

Actually I think that was London, other towns were a case of free ad papers and the like. I can't remember there ever being more than 6 or 7 ads though, certainly not the choice you have now.

Offline shagbambi

I started punting 17 years ago via the internet, so for me the internet is integral to it.

I have since visited redlight districts with legal streetwalkers and I get the visceral attraction of "choosing" up close in public.  Brothels with line ups too. 

Though I much prefer the internet and without it I am not sure I would punt or punt as much.

Offline nike

Yes definitely,  I only started online about a year ago.

Offline Roth

Never picked up a street walker, always bottled at the last minute, kinda wish I had now, for the experience.

One of life's more exciting experiences. :) Not recommended these days though.  :thumbsdown: :bomb:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes like most long term punters I started out before the internet was born, made things a bit pot luck on who you'd find, so much better now when you can see photos of the girl,

If only that were true.    :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Far too many crap photos, and punters stand for it.    :thumbsdown:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline jlike

I started about 10 years ago with adverts from the free ads yellow paper so yes I could go back to that if no internet. What would make it a lot harder would be no mobile phones or punting phone.

Hawkwind71

If only that were true.    :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Far too many crap photos, and punters stand for it.    :thumbsdown:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Now that is an ass.

endomorph

The biggest difference is how much easier it is for women to offer their services, especially part-timers. With more women on the game and the influx from the EU the effect has been to keep prices down.

baltar

Fuck street girls, and by fuck I mean I wouldn't.

A better question might be how many girls would continue to do this without the internet, and the ones that are left,  would they be worth it?

It's not just the ability to find them it's also the feedback that's invaluable. I can't tell what I'm getting from those back page ads, wouldn't bother

Offline Kerosene

I remember walking through the RLD in Amsterdam and looking at the windows as I passed - this was ten years ago. At the time if you'd suggest I went with a WG I'd have given a pompous 'certainly not'.

Earlier this year I happened across AW, then found UKP. Up to then, I still would have not considered WGs. After two months agonising I made my first booking and really enjoyed it. So for me, if it wasn't for the internet I wouldn't be a punter.

Hawkwind71

I remember walking through the RLD in Amsterdam and looking at the windows as I passed - this was ten years ago. At the time if you'd suggest I went with a WG I'd have given a pompous 'certainly not'.

Earlier this year I happened across AW, then found UKP. Up to then, I still would have not considered WGs. After two months agonising I made my first booking and really enjoyed it. So for me, if it wasn't for the internet I wouldn't be a punter.

I think this is a common story. AW and UKP has made this decision process as safe as it can possibly be.

...and just look at the available totty. We really are spoilt.

Offline hw189

I think I could certainly do it and I think anyone else could too, since there is a huge demand from both sides. It would just be a case (at worst) of using old conventional methods of advertising, if not newer innovative methods.

Some of the best punts I have had have been from the listings in the local rag (proper reliable English girls, with no pictures or reviews etc).

I recall the last case of using a local rag to book a WG for a punt (as late as 2006). She was damn good English prossie but was a complete technophobe and didn't have any online presence (not even a review to her name on PN). She claimed she still preferred listing in the local newspaper, than having an online presence (too complicated) despite help from her friend.

MrBridger

I started punting 17 years ago via the internet, so for me the internet is integral to it.

I have since visited redlight districts with legal streetwalkers and I get the visceral attraction of "choosing" up close in public.  Brothels with line ups too. 

Though I much prefer the internet and without it I am not sure I would punt or punt as much.

Bloody hell - Windows 98 and 56k dialup - how long did the photos take to load?  :D

Offline lostandfound

One effect of the Internet which I consider a benefit, is that there's less need for a physical presence. Advertising isn't dependent on how liberal a newspaper owner is, and towns don't have to have a RLD, streetwalkers, or parlours, for punters and providers to find each other.

Hawkwind71

This pretty much applies to all my hobbies these days. Even the less clandestine ones.

Missus asks why are you always looking at the computer. The less clandestine are a great cover for punting.

'' oh just checking the SVR train schedule dear, looking up the French for Church, posting a new youtube video, seeing if I have any money in the bank, has hornby released that new model, I was buying you a present on ebay''

Suddenly all these bullshit hobbies are invaluable as a cover for the real hobby.