Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Party ad on Tindr - Scam?  (Read 1183 times)

domino131

I was on Tindr today and saw a profile advertising a sex party, with a number to contact.  I Whatsapp'd it as it said and was asked for a pic and then told there was a party tonight, and the fee was to bring a nice bottle of red wine and a 25 quid Amazon giftcard, and I needed to provide my own condoms.  Then I was told to meet them outside a certain pub at a certain time.  I also received a text from the girl's 'personal number' (a very similar mobile number) saying they'd see me tonight.

Can't quite work this one out.  My instinct says scam as it was all a little too easy.  The fact that there is some sort of entry fee involved takes away some of the 'too good to be true', but it's not much of a price.  On the other hand, it doesn't seem like an amount worth scamming someone out of.

What do people think?  Does it sound like a setup for a mugging?  Some kind of blackmail?

I'm thinking probably just block both numbers and forget about it, but if someone's actually had a positive experience from something like this let me know.

Offline Steve2

It could be fun. If you are interested just get close to the pub early and see who turns up. Obviously dont hand over any cash till you are sure it is genuine

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:59:27 pm by Steve2 »

vw

25 quid Amazon giftcard

That's the hooker equivalent to the untraceable bearer bonds.

domino131

That's the hooker equivalent to the untraceable bearer bonds.

Is that a bad sign?

vw

Is that a bad sign?
Yes they are usually paid in advance, not a physical card just email money usually before goods received so risk in that and  not to easy to get refunds.  Just how it pans out is how bad or good it will become.  Ask why not £25 cash on entry

domino131

Yes they are usually paid in advance, not a physical card just email money usually before goods received so risk in that and  not to easy to get refunds.  Just how it pans out is how bad or good it will become.  Ask why not £25 cash on entry

She was referring to the actual physical gift cards you can buy in Sainsburys, not some kind of money transfer, I don't know if that makes any difference.

vw

She was referring to the actual physical gift cards you can buy in Sainsburys, not some kind of money transfer, I don't know if that makes any difference.
Many scams involve these gift cards electronically but if a physical one then that would be no higher risk than paying with cash in reality. Maybe Pimp is cash rich and wants to clean money via goods.

Have fun anyway if you go

domino131

Many scams involve these gift cards electronically but if a physical one then that would be no higher risk than paying with cash in reality. Maybe Pimp is cash rich and wants to clean money via goods.

Have fun anyway if you go

Also I guess a gift card can be considered a gift rather than a cash payment or something.

Ok well if nobody can point to this being an obvious scam, then I guess I'll go and see, might watch the place from afar and see who turns up.  If two big burly blokes show up instead of the girl then I guess I'll turn heel.

Offline hunnieme

Offline Mr Sinister

Go with a cheap £5 bottle of red and said gift card arrive early scope out the place see who turns up.

Carry as little high value items with you like bank cards/personal phone.(use punting phone).

If it ends up being a scam you're only £30 out of pocket.

domino131

Go with a cheap £5 bottle of red and said gift card arrive early scope out the place see who turns up.

Carry as little high value items with you like bank cards/personal phone.(use punting phone).

If it ends up being a scam you're only £30 out of pocket.

This is what I was thinking, if I do walk I'll just keep the wine for myself and spend the 25 quid on Amazon.

I can't really think how it would work as a scam, it just seems rather cheap for a party is all.

Good luck. Where is it?

It's in Clapham.

Offline tantric talents

the fee was to bring a 25 quid Amazon giftcard,
Yes I'll use my wife's amazon account. She'll love that :lol:

vw

Yes I'll use my wife's amazon account. She'll love that :lol:
You can pick up in most supermarkets and whsmiths, untraceable currency if paid in cash.

Offline tantric talents

You can pick up in most supermarkets and whsmiths, untraceable currency if paid in cash.
Great tip. Ta :cool:

domino131

Well I walked away in the end, really just because I wasn't in the mood and didn't feel enthused enough about it to take any kind of risk.  I turned up early and sat somewhere inconspicuous where I could see the place.  Nobody turned up who seemed to be looking for anyone (it was busy but everyone seemed to be in a group), and I waited to see if I'd get a message.  I think I was expected to message to say I was there but the more I thought about it the more I actually realised that I wasn't really keen on the whole thing on any level.

So still no idea if it was genuine.  I suspect if anything they might have taken the card/wine as an 'entry' fee and expected further payment for any services that might follow, but I really don't know.  Still got the number so maybe they'll text if they have another party.

Offline tantric talents

Well kudos to you for at least staking it out. Sorry you had a wasted few hours.