Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Is the manager of Holiday Inn in Hull a UKPer? Romanian refused hotel room  (Read 5155 times)

fredpunter

:dash:

Yes and magician wannabes that manage to turn everything into racism.

She was turned away cos she was Romanian, no other explanation had been offered. It doesn't take much magic to turn that into racism.

Offline Owwhatanight

I have had racism over the colour of my skin for years from the late 60,s onwards but this is just bollocks and just the PCs wankers at it again. You do not know what racism is. I do.
Did you read it in the mail it said "She thought it was because she was Romanian"
Well I think she was with her pimp.

Offline Owwhatanight

Correction, because of her race not because of being Romanian.
She's is using the race card just like they did in Rotherham and got away with it.

fredpunter

I have had racism over the colour of my skin for years from the late 60,s onwards but this is just bollocks and just the PCs wankers at it again. You do not know what racism is. I do.
Did you read it in the mail it said "She thought it was because she was Romanian"

No, I would never read anything in the mail

Offline Owwhatanight

I refuse to see Romanian prostitutes, does that make me a racist, if it does I honestly couldn't care less.    :hi:

Just means your being honest with yourself  :thumbsup:

pierrot

I refuse to see Romanian prostitutes, does that make me a racist, if it does I honestly couldn't care less.    :hi:
:cool:
You arent alone.

Diehard

Spot on! That would almost certainly be her pimp! It's bullshit like this that encourages every scrounging welfare seeking immigrant to come here posing as students. Holiday inn exercised their discretion, nothing wrong with that.

I see it no different to hookers, often Romanians, who say no Asians or blacks.

Funny when the same happens to them they say it's outrageous.

Quesadilla

If you read the article she was told by the receptionist that it was because she was Romanian. The Daily Mail story says:

Quote from: Daily Mail
One of the world's leading hotel chains has apologised to a university graduate who says she was refused a room because she was suspected of being a Romanian prostitute.

Why would the hotel apologise if they weren't in the wrong?  They are entitled to turn guests away for legit reasons so would be nothing to apologise for.

I guess being a victim of racism doesn't prevent you becoming one yourself huh?  :thumbsdown:

Quesadilla

If it were true, and it bothers you so much then why don't you leave.
We won two world wars to keep racist scum out of this country, I'll be damned if I'll be driven out by them now. 

Offline Owwhatanight

And diehard is not a racist because Cool Tiger is his mate

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
I don't think there would be a news story if it was a luxury chain like Raddison Blu (I know there isn't one in Hull, but as an example), but as Holiday Inn is considered a budget chain or a family friendly chain it made the news.

We all know Romanians work out of hotels in a lot of cases and a lot are in their 20s. Isn't it the managers right to refuse who he wants?

Hyperchicken

I don't think there would be a news story if it was a luxury chain like Raddison Blu (I know there isn't one in Hull, but as an example), but as Holiday Inn is considered a budget chain or a family friendly chain it made the news.

We all know Romanians work out of hotels in a lot of cases and a lot are in their 20s. Isn't it the managers right to refuse who he wants?

I doubt it was be such a new story in right-wing cesspits like the Mail and Telegraph if it she wasn't Eastern European. 'Japanese student refused entry for being suspected prostitute' doesn't quite play on the anti-immigration fears of the casually racist middle-class suburbanites.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
I doubt it was be such a new story in right-wing cesspits like the Mail and Telegraph if it she wasn't Eastern European. 'Japanese student refused entry for being suspected prostitute' doesn't quite play on the anti-immigration fears of the casually racist middle-class suburbanites.
I think there's more chance of finding a Chinese man with a 10" cock than a genuine Japanese prossie.

Quesadilla

Hotels can refuse individuals admission - but NOT on discriminatory grounds as that would be illegal.

cognito

Hotels can refuse individuals admission - but NOT on discriminatory grounds as that would be illegal.

Correct. Didn't a Christian B&B get punished by the court for refusing to have a gay couple  recently?
Hats off to you Mr Quesadilla for standing up for what is right :hi:. You have my respect

Quesadilla

Correct. Didn't a Christian B&B get punished by the court for refusing to have a gay couple  recently?
Hats off to you Mr Quesadilla for standing up for what is right :hi:. You have my respect
Thanks mate, much appreciated!  :hi:

I read at least two separate cases of discrimination by hotels against homosexual couples last year - one of which at least resulted in a £4k fine for the hotel.  Great to see bigots get what they deserve.  :drinks:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes it is, just as a Romanian prostitute has the right not to see a black man.    :hi:

Offline MancSean

Tazz, she's Romanian not an Ant, thanks for trying though  :sarcastic:
Ha that was fucking funny James lad

Offline MancSean

Just a bit shocked at how bigoted some people have been on this thread. Whether it's racist or not it's still discrimination which is illegal and people on here giving the lass a hard time and backing the hotel.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
Just a bit shocked at how bigoted some people have been on this thread. Whether it's racist or not it's still discrimination which is illegal and people on here giving the lass a hard time and backing the hotel.
She was turned away because they thought she was a prostitute, not because she was Romanian.
When Miss Puflea arrived she claims the receptionist said: "I'm sorry, but we don't accept Romanians."
We've only heard half the story, we don't know if she turned up with Sergei. And of course there's truth in all stereotypes: whether people like it or not, most Romanians are in the UK to claim benefits, steal, gain citizenship, scam people with their gypsy ways or to pimp and prostitute. We also don't know if she is a prostitute. Every woman on AW under 30, even the ones that are really 42, but claim to be 28 are all post-graduate students or at a top university. Here's some more "Roma" students:
Hidden Image/Members Only

44Remington

She was turned away because they thought she was a prostitute, not because she was Romanian. We've only heard half the story, we don't know if she turned up with Sergei. And of course there's truth in all stereotypes: whether people like it or not, most Romanians are in the UK to claim benefits, steal, gain citizenship, scam people with their gypsy ways or to pimp and prostitute. We also don't know if she is a prostitute. Every woman on AW under 30, even the ones that are really 42, but claim to be 28 are all post-graduate students or at a top university. Here's some more "Roma" students:
Hidden Image/Members Only

Roma =/= Vlach

Why does everyone always get this wrong?

One is an itinerant community of ethnically North Indian thieves and beggars that migrated to Europe in the middle ages and outright refuse to integrate with any society they encounter.
The other is a settled, ethnically European society that has a similar lifestyle and set of values to literally every other European culture.

Literally no one else in the world hates the Roma more than the Vlach do and for good reason (seriously get a Romanian talking about the Roma sometime, more than a few of them would be happy to just march all the gypsies into gas chambers; they despise them).

But of course the media paints them all with the same broad brush of Romanians purely because the Vlach have the misfortune of being stuck with one of the largest populations of them. The etymology of the term Roma doesn't even come from the word Romanian or anything to do with the Romanian people. It's a Romani word (the gypsy language shared by the Roma) meaning people.

If anything I feel sorry for the poor fuckers for not being able to get rid of them. They are a bloody menace.

Or in more simple terms:

Vlach good, Roma bad.

Quesadilla

She was turned away because they thought she was a prostitute, not because she was Romanian. We've only heard half the story, we don't know if she turned up with Sergei. And of course there's truth in all stereotypes: whether people like it or not, most Romanians are in the UK to claim benefits, steal, gain citizenship, scam people with their gypsy ways or to pimp and prostitute. We also don't know if she is a prostitute. Every woman on AW under 30, even the ones that are really 42, but claim to be 28 are all post-graduate students or at a top university. Here's some more "Roma" students:

With all due respect (ie - none) you get the gold star for being the most ignorant bigot of the week against some stiff competition! 

Clearly you have no idea what the difference is between "roma" and Romanian, and I don't think you could cram in more bigoted discriminatory bullshit in one post if you tried.

Nice one Ali ! If you're going to be an ignorant bigoted cunt at least be a totally ignorant bigoted cunt I suppose.  :hi: :drinks:

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
With all due respect (ie - none) you get the gold star for being the most ignorant bigot of the week against some stiff competition! 

Clearly you have no idea what the difference is between "roma" and Romanian, and I don't think you could cram in more bigoted discriminatory bullshit in one post if you tried.

Nice one Ali ! If you're going to be an ignorant bigoted cunt at least be a totally ignorant bigoted cunt I suppose.  :hi: :drinks:
Despite my faults I didn't pay £300 to listen to a woman talk.

Bestway

Stupid hotel should go back in time , and say no black or Rommmmmiains allowed
Sad UK IN 2015, my family came in UK in 1977, from East Africa, we had no money, father work hard, my brother is earning and my sister is a head teacher..... Me .. Del Boy , duck and dive.
My dad worked hard, age of 21 I had m3 Bmw, but his shirt Color were riped, and wore it again.
Hard work pays

Quesadilla

Hahahaha - you wankers keep bringing that up as if it bothers me. If it bothered me I wouldn't have it as my avatar you dumb shmuck.  I wouldn't be advertising it daily to all punters here.

Let's just lay this to rest - as I said at the time - it was a punting mistake, and I learned from it. I didn't see any punters offer any better ideas how to deal with it that didn't involve violence.  Unlike some here I had the balls to post about my mistake and take the inevitable flak.  Most genuine punters here were very supportive - only a few cunts were not and your opinion counts for jack and shit to me.

£300?  A punt is by definition a gamble - and you only ever gamble with money you're easily able to lose - for me that was a bit more than 10% of my monthly punting budget at the time so easy enough to write off.  For an ignorant twat like you - maybe it was a months' wages and you can't imagine letting it go so easily!? 

The end result is - that sad whore is now desperately advertising her bony ass for just £90ph when she was before advertising at £150ph - so frankly I learned a valuable lesson and am a happy man about the whole thing. I made a mistake, but she made a much bigger one thanks to this site. 

If that's the best response you - and anyone else on this site - has got for me - man I really pity you.  :hi:  :sarcastic:  You sir are about as ignorant as it's possible to get while still being able to write about it - and you're proud of it too - maybe rightly so as it's an achievement to be that dumb and still able to form sentences!  Gold star to you buddy!   :drinks:

yorkshire123

Stupid hotel should go back in time , and say no black or Rommmmmiains allowed
Sad UK IN 2015, my family came in UK in 1977, from East Africa, we had no money, father work hard, my brother is earning and my sister is a head teacher..... Me .. Del Boy , duck and dive.
My dad worked hard, age of 21 I had m3 Bmw, but his shirt Color were riped, and wore it again.
Hard work pays

Is that you Abdul old son  :unknown:

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
Hahahaha - you wankers keep bringing that up as if it bothers me. If it bothered me I wouldn't have it as my avatar you dumb shmuck.  I wouldn't be advertising it daily to all punters here.

Let's just lay this to rest - as I said at the time - it was a punting mistake, and I learned from it. I didn't see any punters offer any better ideas how to deal with it that didn't involve violence.  Unlike some here I had the balls to post about my mistake and take the inevitable flak.  Most genuine punters here were very supportive - only a few cunts were not and your opinion counts for jack and shit to me.

£300?  A punt is by definition a gamble - and you only ever gamble with money you're easily able to lose - for me that was a bit more than 10% of my monthly punting budget at the time so easy enough to write off.  For an ignorant twat like you - maybe it was a months' wages and you can't imagine letting it go so easily!? 

The end result is - that sad whore is now desperately advertising her bony ass for just £90ph when she was before advertising at £150ph - so frankly I learned a valuable lesson and am a happy man about the whole thing. I made a mistake, but she made a much bigger one thanks to this site. 

If that's the best response you - and anyone else on this site - has got for me - man I really pity you.  :hi:  :sarcastic:  You sir are about as ignorant as it's possible to get while still being able to write about it - and you're proud of it too - maybe rightly so as it's an achievement to be that dumb and still able to form sentences!  Gold star to you buddy!   :drinks:
I bring it up because no-one else would let it get that far. She obviously intended to scam someone, and if it wasn't you it may have been someone else, but she saw you as a soft touch. Whether you can afford it or not, you allowed it to happen.

I'm a believer in free speech and whether you like it or not it I am entitled to an opinion different to yours. I think the stereotypes that exist around Romanians are true in most cases; whether you agree or not it is my choice to believe what I want.

Hyperchicken

She was turned away because they thought she was a prostitute, not because she was Romanian.

And why did they assume she was a prostitute? Partly because she was Romanian.

Quesadilla

I bring it up because no-one else would let it get that far. She obviously intended to scam someone, and if it wasn't you it may have been someone else, but she saw you as a soft touch. Whether you can afford it or not, you allowed it to happen.

I'm a believer in free speech and whether you like it or not it I am entitled to an opinion different to yours. I think the stereotypes that exist around Romanians are true in most cases; whether you agree or not it is my choice to believe what I want.
Ohhh - my god Ali - you pegged me - I'm a soft touch! Shit that's cut me to the quick!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather be a soft touch than an ignorant bigot any day of the week. And I had the balls to post in complete honesty about my being a soft touch to ensure other punters here wouldn't get caught out. I have nothing I'm ashamed of mate.

And yes I too believe in free speech and I totally support your right to have an opinion - even one based on ignorance and bigotry - and as many here do, I really enjoy the right to ridicule your ignorance.   :lol: :hi:

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
Maybe she was on the phone when she walked in. "Yes, anal 50 extra, no cocks that are fat or big".

Quesadilla

Yep, that was kind of the point of the article, but sadly some people here have a reading age of 4 and didn't get that "subtlety".  :lol: :lol:

Offline loser

An indie Romanian in a hotel? Every Romanian I have ever encountered or heard about worked from a shared flat with multiple girls, were managed and change location regularly. That and a high turnover which would be difficult in a hotel is how they maintain a low cost business model. Are things very different in Hull?

Aspen

Roma =/= Vlach

What the hell are you talking about? What is a Vlach for a start?  :unknown:

Quesadilla

What the hell are you talking about? What is a Vlach for a start?  :unknown:

They are an ethnic group much like the Slavs - Vlach is a word that germanic celts used to describe their neighbours primarily in central and south eastern Europe who had been converted by Romans and spoke a bastardised version of Latin which was the language of the Roman empire. Hence the term Romanian.  Vlachs are also the majority ethnic group in neighbouring Moldova and have significant populations in the Ukraine, but also have small populations dispersed across Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria.

The Vlachs are literally nothing to do with "Romas" or gypsies which are a completely separate tribe who appear to be Indian in origin.  The only relationship is they happen to live in some of the same countries.  Romania just happens to have one of the largest populations of Roma but by no means the largest - Spain, Brazil and the US all have larger Roma populations. However it probably feels like there are more in Romania because Roma make up 3.3% of the population only topped by Bulgaria at 4.7%.

So typically when you hear about crime related to Romanians it is Roma who just happen to be Romanian citizens legally. No surprise that Bulgarians and Albanians feature highly in our crime stats here as well given their Roma populations. 

A recent study showed that significant portions of inmates in UK prisons identified themselves as gypsies / Roma / travellers - External Link/Members Only.  These came from a range of different countries including Irish travellers but the majority Roma.

Offline NottsNylonLuvr

They are an ethnic group much like the Slavs - Vlach is a word that germanic celts used to describe their neighbours primarily in central and south eastern Europe who had been converted by Romans and spoke a bastardised version of Latin which was the language of the Roman empire. Hence the term Romanian.  Vlachs are also the majority ethnic group in neighbouring Moldova and have significant populations in the Ukraine, but also have small populations dispersed across Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria.

The Vlachs are literally nothing to do with "Romas" or gypsies which are a completely separate tribe who appear to be Indian in origin.  The only relationship is they happen to live in some of the same countries.  Romania just happens to have one of the largest populations of Roma but by no means the largest - Spain, Brazil and the US all have larger Roma populations. However it probably feels like there are more in Romania because Roma make up 3.3% of the population only topped by Bulgaria at 4.7%.

So typically when you hear about crime related to Romanians it is Roma who just happen to be Romanian citizens legally. No surprise that Bulgarians and Albanians feature highly in our crime stats here as well given their Roma populations. 

A recent study showed that significant portions of inmates in UK prisons identified themselves as gypsies / Roma / travellers - External Link/Members Only.  These came from a range of different countries including Irish travellers but the majority Roma.

Cool story, bro.

Offline Owwhatanight

I stay in 2-3 hotels a week inc the Holiday Inn Hull occasionally, most of the front of house staff in hotels these days are EE and I bet they are better than we are at spotting a hooker rather than a Romanian.

Offline Boundless

Well, she does look like one, perhaps it's just how Romanians look.

I liked the bit:

The 22-year-old criminology and forensic science graduate from Hull University had booked the room online. When Miss Puflea arrived she claims the receptionist said: "I'm sorry, but we don't accept Romanians."

That confirms she's a prossie for me, they've all got a bloody degree!

44Remington

No surprise that Bulgarians and Albanians feature highly in our crime stats here as well given their Roma populations. 

The Albanians do have a huge Roma population relative to the size of their general population. But I'd blame much more of their presence in European crime on the remnants of the KLA. They still have a stranglehold on large chunks of Europe's arms, drugs and human trafficking.

pierrot

I think your out of order bringing that up.