Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting and Facebook - beware!  (Read 4858 times)

Offline Cabbots

Hi All

So, just been browsing my Facebook and noticed that it was suggesting a load of new people to 'befriend'.  Some looked vaguely familiar so I had a closer look and realised they were pictures of some girls I've punted...!!!

I then discovered that my punting phone number, which was a spare from years ago, was linked on my Facebook when I first opened my account, and evidently the Facebook program on the phone has married up the numbers saved with Facebook profiles!!  About two seconds later it dawned on me that if it works one way, it probably works the other way round too!

Instant delete of my phone number from Facebook, delete of the app off my punting phone, turn on all privacy settings etc and hope for the best...

Thought I'd warn anyone who might have done the same thing...

Offline pumps

Its been mentioned before recently but thanks again for the heads up

Eric Shun

Facebook?  More like Spybook.

yorkshire123

The more I read about this the luckier I feel as the whole social media bollocks has passed me by.
I am a member of two punting forums, this one & another that I've never contributed to & that's the sum total of my social media exploits.

knight5648

Probably said before also but WhatsApp is a devious little bugger as well......

Offline pumps

not really, if everyone keeps their punting phones for phoning prossies and sms only and absolutely nothing else without exception. They'll be completely fine.

Offline badsin

I have posted about this recently.

A suggested friend on FB is a girl, ive seen!! Seemingly she is a friend of a friend.........  :hi:

Offline smiths

Hi All

So, just been browsing my Facebook and noticed that it was suggesting a load of new people to 'befriend'.  Some looked vaguely familiar so I had a closer look and realised they were pictures of some girls I've punted...!!!

I then discovered that my punting phone number, which was a spare from years ago, was linked on my Facebook when I first opened my account, and evidently the Facebook program on the phone has married up the numbers saved with Facebook profiles!!  About two seconds later it dawned on me that if it works one way, it probably works the other way round too!

Instant delete of my phone number from Facebook, delete of the app off my punting phone, turn on all privacy settings etc and hope for the best...

Thought I'd warn anyone who might have done the same thing...

Yes always good to see these warnings so those not aware are made aware. I use an old basic Nokia as my punting phone and that's all I need, i have no interest in Facebook anyway.

Huckleberry

As a previous software  programmer, I have always been anti face book mainly due to the nature of their software platform.
Face book should be renamed Two faced, since most users do not realise how intrusive they are at data mining.
If fact, I would rather they had balls to announce that they are indeed a company that happily spies on people and their mobiles phones and contacts on their diary and other areas. :scare:
Better never to download their spy software in the first place and let the yanks play with their own balls.
H

Offline BigLicks

Cheers for the heads up big man! Big brother is watching!

Offline cueball

I'm with y123 on this, no Facebook, no twitter and this is the only punting forum I use.

Like yorky, social media seems to have passed me by

Offline Dicky

How it works is like this: if you have FB or Whatsapp on your punting phone, it will pick up contact numbers and will try to march them against numbers in its own directory (of billions of numbers). If there's a match it will suggest friends. The best way to avoid this is to not log in to your FB from your punting phone.

Offline Dicky

FB owns Whatsapp

Offline webpunter

Quite often pics showing on the girlies no's tho

Type_O_Negative

When i buy any mobile device like smartphone, tablet or laptop the first thing i always do - i remove facebook app. It gets on my nerves.

Offline itk

An old Nokia phone for punting, and no interest in any social media for myself. Just another tool to be spied on.

yorkshire123

I'm with y123 on this, no Facebook, no twitter and this is the only punting forum I use.

Like yorky, social media seems to have passed me by

Not only that but the amount of shit I have had to clean up after on-line arguments my kids & wife have gotten into with other family members over one misinterpreted comment beggars belief  :dash:

dawsonuk

+1 for a Nokia brick. And the battery lasts for weeks as well.

My punting life is completely and totally disassociated from my 'real' life. I don't punt for a relationship, I punt because I want to stick my cock into places it would never go in my real life.

Offline Cabbots

It doesn't matter what type of phone YOU have - Nokia brick, Sony paperweight, iPhone... what matters is that when you call a girl, she could save your punting phone number to her phone.  If that phone she is using has Facebook on it, then that number goes onto the search and you might pop up in a list of potential Facebook friends.  It's got nothing to do with your phone, and everything to do with hers.

So the only way to make sure you don't come up in a search is to ensure that your punting phone number is NOT registered on your own Facebook account if you have one.

Pistol pete

+1 for a Nokia brick. And the battery lasts for weeks as well.

My punting life is completely and totally disassociated from my 'real' life. I don't punt for a relationship, I punt because I want to stick my cock into places it would never go in my real life.

I'm a Samsung brick man myself.

I punt for the exact same reasons as above!

Autopunter

Urgh, I have literally just bought a punting phone for the very reason I don't trust social media not to worm its way in. Luckily I am single but even so.

Offline denneboom

Anyone who puts a phone number on their FB profile is asking for trouble. Punting or not. People who you dont know that well but are connected on Facebook instantly have your number and can call you easily.

Offline Mansell

It doesn't matter what type of phone YOU have - Nokia brick, Sony paperweight, iPhone... what matters is that when you call a girl, she could save your punting phone number to her phone.  If that phone she is using has Facebook on it, then that number goes onto the search and you might pop up in a list of potential Facebook friends.  It's got nothing to do with your phone, and everything to do with hers.

So the only way to make sure you don't come up in a search is to ensure that your punting phone number is NOT registered on your own Facebook account if you have one.

Your right and best way of doing this is buy a PAYG sim brand new then only pay cash for top up's. Happy days  :D

Offline dave_59

If your married or have a partner, remember to use a different browser on the PC.
IE and Chrome are buggers for running adverts on the holiday sites and shoes you've been looking at.
Amazon is one thing, but SWMBO wouldn'y like an adultwork banner running up the side of screen.

I use chrome for 'normal' stuff
Maxthon for private and don't have a desk top /start icon available.

Offline Cuntminion

Meh it's only a fb suggestion you don't have to investigate their profile or nothing just ignore it

Offline JEH7376

I'm bumping this topic as I have noticed something today that I'm sure is relevant and I hope someone can explain

I have never linked my phone to facebook, yet in the 'people you may know' along with several clients of mine, there were two wg's I have seen

Can anyone explain how facebook makes these connections? Some of the suggestions were people who I have searched for myself: Does facebook store the fact I have searched and then suggest to these people that they may know me?

Again, I am positive I have never given my phone details to facebook, but then how else would it connect me? I am sure it can be dome somehow without my mobile as the.clients I have, do not have my mobile and so facebook couldn't connect me to them through that, so somehow ot has found another way,.does it.mean they have searched.and found me at some point?

I'm slightly bothered that clients may see pictures of me with a joint or whatever, but much more concerned about WG's knowing the 'real' me

Anyone got.any ideas why this might happen?

Offline JEH7376

I just checked, I went onto facebook on my phone and it hasn't got a clue who I am, was asking me to set up an account, so I am pretty sure whatever it is is has nothing to do with my phone

How the fuck does bastard facebook do this?

ickydicky

thats what you get for feeling the need to share your life online. why people feel the need to be on facebook i can never understand

Offline JEH7376

I hardly use facebook, ironically I often use it to 'stalk' peep into the lives of potential clients or employees, which is always interesting. I'm less thrilled that the boot could be on someone else's foot.

But like I say theres no connections whatsoever between my work life and me, clients only have a landline number never my mobile, and yet fb can still suggest I may know them. Fucking confusing.

Offline DrGFreeman

I think facebook also tries to link people by email addresses - if you have an email in your contacts that someone else has linked to their FB account
so if your clients or favoured ladies email addresses are stored and they also use that address for their FB account, you get a friend suggestion. I think this is only on phones though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:47:22 pm by DrGFreeman »

Offline Qwerty

The thing to remember with Facebook is that it's _not_ free - you are the product.

Offline JEH7376

I think facebook also tries to link people by email addresses - if you have an email in your contacts that someone else has linked to their FB account
so if your clients or favoured ladies email addresses are stored and they also use that address for their FB account, you get a friend suggestion. I think this is only on phones though.

The girls in question and the clients haven't ever been connected to the email that fb has for me (I basically haven't used that email for five years)

Having said that it is the same email that I set my aw account up with....

Offline G.Raff

why people feel the need to be on facebook i can never understand

+1

Offline The Vicar of Dibley

Good topic OP.

I noticed this as well recently. Friend suggestions for 2 WG's I had seen. I didn't put 2 and 2 together at first as Facebook was giving me the WG real names. One of the girls was even using the same pic as a profile pic on Facebook and AW.

Offline The Vicar of Dibley

Meh it's only a fb suggestion you don't have to investigate their profile or nothing just ignore it

True... but if they are coming up on yours, its possible you are coming up on theirs. And they may investigate...

Offline G.Raff

How the fuck does bastard facebook do this?

I heard that FB and Google associate people also by sharing the same WiFi or even proximity to that WiFi.
It can be done, but not sure if this is actually being done atm.

To explain, Google keeps a database of all WiFi (by their SSID) networks that connect to their servers and builds up a geographical map based on the proximity of the SSIDs to each other. They can then associate users who are using the same WiFi network and/or the same area. For example Google accurately knows the location of your Laptop even if you don't have GSM/GPRS/3G/4G capabilities, simply by knowing your WiFi connection and the ones in your vicinity.

Not directly related:
BTW forget the old "cookies" that often are blamed for a lot of intrusion, the next big thing spying over us now is "device fingerprinting", a technology designed to follow every step you make on your devices without using cookies.

Offline JEH7376

Hi g raff you sound quite well informed so apologies for my ignorance but assuming inhave never given fb my mobile details have you any idea how they are connecting me to wg's who only have my mobile number, or (b) to work clients who do not have my personal mobile number? In techno-thicky language?

Offline G.Raff

Have you ever connected to the Internet using a Wifi connection belonging to your clients or a WG?

If you did then this could be it.

All I'm saying is that it can be done and tehre are rumors that it is being done.

Offline JEH7376

These aren't people who are in particularly close proximity, same city, thats it

Offline G.Raff

It could be a single time connection, say when you visit your client's office you ask to connect to their Internet WiFi, once you are connected, your device is associated to the users of that WiFi network.

Offline JEH7376

Hmm. Well I have found out, if you search someone then you are definitely likely to be suggested to them as someone you know. I don't think it explains the wg's but may well explain the clients being suggested.

My best guess is that my old email address is the one I used to set up both fb and aw, although I thats the case I'm surprised only two wg's have been suggested

Offline JEH7376

It could be a single time connection, say when you visit your client's office you ask to connect to their Internet WiFi, once you are connected, your device is associated to the users of that WiFi network.

Thanks but I never visit clients, and there shouldn't be anything that connects my worklife to my personal life at all

I guess I will stay confused, thanks anyway though

Offline Mr Sinister

Not quite Facebook, but I was chatting to girl online dating messaging back and forth just as we're setting up to meet she deletes her profile. Ohwell I thought nothing new, a week later I'm browsing aw as you do and I spot a familiar profile crap! It's her click onto the profile where she has nudes of her big tits. She charges £140ph(overpriced) but I am tempted to pump  and dump her for 15 minutes..could be fun

Offline Marmalade

Go into Facebook, Profile, People, unsync contacts.

Quickie..... :

Go to the gear icon on your top right corner, click on it and it will lead you to your privacy settings, at the sections of:
(1) "Who can contact me?" change the first one to "friends of friends" (that is as private as you can go) and the next one to "strict filtering" (it is really up to you)
(2) "Who can look me up?" change the first one to "friends of friends" (once again, that is as private as you can go) and the next one to OFF (so that people can't find you on google, Bing etc.)

Better still

Ask yourself if you really need Facebook. If the answer is yes, delete all traces of your account and then create a dummy account. Explain to your friends that you had to do it to prevent hacking attempts. Set every privacy setting to maximum, don't include any photos or personal details. Just use it to sign in to social media that demand a facebook address (but have better -- or at least more accountable and controllable --  security than facebook).

Offline JEH7376

Amazing thanks marmalade

I think I may have found out how it has happened, and there's a security implication for punters

If I google my name, my occupation, my home city, my email address and company appear on the first page. High up.

My assumtion then is that the only two wg's I have been connected with, are those who have searched me (stupidly I think both girls know my real first name and occupation)

So, they googled me, found full name, then searched on fb

Does that sound unlikely?

Offline DrGFreeman

The girls in question and the clients haven't ever been connected to the email that fb has for me
my understanding was they don't need to be
if the device you're accessing the internet from stores the emails, FB can access your contact list and try to match those emails with those its has stored for its user accounts.
so if you email working girls from your laptop, FB may link those emails to FB accounts if they use the same email.

Offline JEH7376

Thanks- I have never emailed any girls directly, only through AW, I don't access email on my phone

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Did you ever search on FB using a WG's contact number or her email address?

Although you may not think much of this when carrying out the search, FB will then remember these details and later suggest YOU as friend to THE WG  :scare:

Offline Partyguy

I've got a punt coming up in a few weeks time the lady wants to communicate via text and phone not email (bookings and first few chats have all been via AW).

I've stored her number in the phone and hey presto her whatsapp profile is there but it's also led me to her personal facebook profile.

Had one a few months ago when a lady I'd seen last year appeared in my people you may know list turns out she's a friend of a friend  :( luckily the friend does't know the wife.