Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 56 Dean Street Express GUM Clinic - Details London W1  (Read 20625 times)

password02

Web Site Links -

External Link/Members Only

The Dean Street Express Gum Clinic is an Excellent sex clinic to get tested for a variety of STI  - It is very professional and also confidential and private as it can be -

I assumed a lot of members here get tested on a regular basis - once a month, quarterly or every 6 months at least as a minimum but as most members have been reading about the recent thread about STI then I thought it best to give a quick overview about this establishment in central London.

Have a quick look at the video's as it does explain how everything works.

On your very first visit you need to get registered - you go to 1 of the 6 computer touch screens and fill all the details in. Name, address, post code, sexual preference, mobile no and answer some questions on sexual partners and if you pay for sex.

All this is Private & Confidential - Your personal details only need to be entered once only -

The reason why theu need your address and post code is that although the service is free, someone does pay - Depending on where you live a invoice is produced internally with a code (date of birth, post code and last 4 digits of your mobile no) and is sent to the local authority from your address details who pay the clinic directly.

In my case My address is a friends house that I know is empty 3/4 of the year and my name is a nick name that I have always used so i always remember, My date of birth is correct as is my mobile phone no - my punting phone.

You input all these details on the touch screen computer - These details are stored and at the end of your visit you get a card with all your details scanned onto like a credit card.

After you complete all the info you get a printed label from the reception girl/guy - You then walk into a private room on your own - There are 5-6 rooms and pee into the tube - you then put this in a blue tube close it and it goes into a high speed air chute to the lab room upstairs.

The only person you could speak too is the reception person to get a label for the tube.  If you need a HIV test or want to speak to a doctor or nurse downstairs then you enter this onto the computer and wait your turn downstairs - You answer a few questions and then do a blood test.

I have been there a number of times and the quickest in and out session was approx 10 mins and the longest was just over an hour when I did a full screen and a blood test.

I always attend in the morning approx 9-10am week days my usual is Friday mornings but do not go after 4pm or Saturdays as you could wait up to 2 hours for a room to be free.

See the web sites and also watch the video's - All the info is here.

You really do not need to worry - I have been regularly attending for the last 6-9 months and I have never had any letters sent to my friends house or any correspondence except the usual text from the client to confirm all the results - usually between 4-6 hours on the SAME day.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE not to be tested on a regular basis - Your personal information will not be compromised and you do not need to worry about any potential comeback.

Look at the web sites and watch the video's - It really is that simple!!!!

Offline PLeisure

Very helpful - thanks for demystifying the process, PW02

Stay healthy, All  :hi:

Offline smiths

Web Site Links -

The Dean Street Express Gum Clinic is an Excellent sex clinic to get tested for a variety of STI  - It is very professional and also confidential and private as it can be -

I assumed a lot of members here get tested on a regular basis - once a month, quarterly or every 6 months at least as a minimum but as most members have been reading about the recent thread about STI then I thought it best to give a quick overview about this establishment in central London.

Have a quick look at the video's as it does explain how everything works.

On your very first visit you need to get registered - you go to 1 of the 6 computer touch screens and fill all the details in. Name, address, post code, sexual preference, mobile no and answer some questions on sexual partners and if you pay for sex.

All this is Private & Confidential - Your personal details only need to be entered once only -

The reason why theu need your address and post code is that although the service is free, someone does pay - Depending on where you live a invoice is produced internally with a code (date of birth, post code and last 4 digits of your mobile no) and is sent to the local authority from your address details who pay the clinic directly.

In my case My address is a friends house that I know is empty 3/4 of the year and my name is a nick name that I have always used so i always remember, My date of birth is correct as is my mobile phone no - my punting phone.

You input all these details on the touch screen computer - These details are stored and at the end of your visit you get a card with all your details scanned onto like a credit card.

After you complete all the info you get a printed label from the reception girl/guy - You then walk into a private room on your own - There are 5-6 rooms and pee into the tube - you then put this in a blue tube close it and it goes into a high speed air chute to the lab room upstairs.

The only person you could speak too is the reception person to get a label for the tube.  If you need a HIV test or want to speak to a doctor or nurse downstairs then you enter this onto the computer and wait your turn downstairs - You answer a few questions and then do a blood test.

I have been there a number of times and the quickest in and out session was approx 10 mins and the longest was just over an hour when I did a full screen and a blood test.

I always attend in the morning approx 9-10am week days my usual is Friday mornings but do not go after 4pm or Saturdays as you could wait up to 2 hours for a room to be free.

See the web sites and also watch the video's - All the info is here.

You really do not need to worry - I have been regularly attending for the last 6-9 months and I have never had any letters sent to my friends house or any correspondence except the usual text from the client to confirm all the results - usually between 4-6 hours on the SAME day.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE not to be tested on a regular basis - Your personal information will not be compromised and you do not need to worry about any potential comeback.

Look at the web sites and watch the video's - It really is that simple!!!!

Good information PW, but I never give my real name and address at any GUM because I wish to remain anonymous, the reasons being I don't wish my GP to know I punt in case this matters for future medical Insurance reasons and because of data leaks. Now if I caught HIV I would have to inform my GP but unless that happens god forbid anonymous I will be.

marty_mcfly

PW, thanks for the info.

When I test negative, which I hope I do, how can I show the girl my STI clearance certificate without disclosing my identity?

Marmite

An excellent post Mr PW02.  Thanks for taking the time.

I expect they get a lot false addresses and they know it.  Ultimately it is better to know than not to.     

It is quite amazing how quickly checks can be done these days.

password02

You get a text back that says -

DSE: Your non-blood test(s) for Gonorrhea & Chlamydia were negative(Clear). If you had a HIV blood test it will be sent as a separate text to confirm if negative and clear.

Its a text message as it is sent to you within 6 hours if you do the test by mid day otherwise you may get the resukts text the next day in the morning.

password02

Good information PW, but I never give my real name and address at any GUM because I wish to remain anonymous, the reasons being I don't wish my GP to know I punt in case this matters for future medical Insurance reasons and because of data leaks. Now if I caught HIV I would have to inform my GP but unless that happens god forbid anonymous I will be.

They do NOT have my real address or real name - They have my punting mobile no and my real date of birth.

You need to just remember your 'Name' when you are downstairs waiting to see a nurse or doctor - Give them your real date of birth and your punting mobile No-

password02

PW, thanks for the info.

When I test negative, which I hope I do, how can I show the girl my STI clearance certificate without disclosing my identity?

The only paper work I have seen is when I went to the Barnet gum clinic last year, They take several days for the results to be done as it is off site at the hospital and can take 3-7 days. At the Dean Street Clinic as far as I know you only get a text to confirm your results

LL

Thanks for taking the time to write this PW.  It's good information.
Minor point, Dean Street Express is located at 34 Dean Street, not 56.  56 Dean Street is their sister clinic, found at the opposite end of the street (the South end, close to the junction with Shaftesbury Avenue).

LL

I'll also add that if people want to find out more about NHS GUM clinics in general and find one in their own area, they can read about that here...

Offline Tonyleung

Thanks PW, very useful.

My only worry about my local - is that someone I know ie have worked with etc may see me. Going elsewhere might gives me another option. Thanks.

Offline barnstorm123

They do NOT have my real address or real name - They have my punting mobile no and my real date of birth.

You need to just remember your 'Name' when you are downstairs waiting to see a nurse or doctor - Give them your real date of birth and your punting mobile No-

I entered a fake DOB on the screens upstairs as I didn't want them to have my info. When I went down to get my blood taken I'd forgotten the date I enters and had to awkwardly explain to the nurse what I'd did! She didn't mind and still took my blood but I'll use my real DOB next time to avoid any awkwardness.

I will add its a great service. Very quick results.

charming_red

I'm assuming the local authority doesn't match the DOB with the postcode before paying as a lot of these invoices would have false details that don't match up.

password02

I'm assuming the local authority doesn't match the DOB with the postcode before paying as a lot of these invoices would have false details that don't match up.

Yes exactly - they just pay

Offline Northerndave666

What a great service....now why the hell doesn't this exist anywhere else but in London!  :diablo:

password02

What a great service....now why the hell doesn't this exist anywhere else but in London!  :diablo:

All I can think is that there is a lot of history with the sex industry around soho and central London and it caters for a wider number of both male and females - Cannot think of any other reason

Offline anyfucker

To add to this, they give you a "credit card" with your initials on it (handy reminder :-), your personal ID and a barcode.
With this you can check yourself in next time with a quick swipe.
For statistics etc i would recommend you use your real DOB but you could always jot them down on the card.
They use your first name to call you so don't jump up when they call out your real name and that's not the name you have given - like i did  :dash:
A big thumbs up for DSE from me, great service.

fredpunter

I suspect im not alone in not wanting the credit card thing in my wallet when I got home. I asked the chap who was serving me whether it was a problem if I "lost" it and he assured me it wouldn't be and that a lot of people seemed to lose them.

password02

To add to this, they give you a "credit card" with your initials on it (handy reminder :-), your personal ID and a barcode.
With this you can check yourself in next time with a quick swipe.
For statistics etc i would recommend you use your real DOB but you could always jot them down on the card.
They use your first name to call you so don't jump up when they call out your real name and that's not the name you have given - like i did  :dash:
A big thumbs up for DSE from me, great service.

+1 - Yes use your real date of birth and if possible yor first name if common - Dave, John, Steve etc...The credit card says Dean Street  so keep them hidden as questions will be asked if found

Offline claretandblue

I suspect im not alone in not wanting the credit card thing in my wallet when I got home. I asked the chap who was serving me whether it was a problem if I "lost" it and he assured me it wouldn't be and that a lot of people seemed to lose them.
+1 I threw the card away as soon as I left the place when I went a while back,not going to the trouble of punting phones and fake names at the gum to leave that in my wallet!

password02

+1 I threw the card away as soon as I left the place when I went a while back,not going to the trouble of punting phones and fake names at the gum to leave that in my wallet!

I have it hidden with my punting funds and other ''secrets'' - it makes it a lot easier for me and quicker as I just scan in the card and ALL my details that I have saved - name. date of birth address, record of visits and results are all saved so it only takes me half the time to be in and out -

But for others I do understand the issues if found. each to his own

Offline Anadin

Great clinic, I went there first thing in the morning and there were tons of blokes queuing outside still I was in and out within 30 mins.

password02

Great clinic, I went there first thing in the morning and there were tons of blokes queuing outside still I was in and out within 30 mins.

Yes Mondays AM to avoid as it is 1 of the busiest times - but again it does show that you can be in and out in 30 mins even when busy -
Opening Times - When I have been best times are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday  between 9-9.30am -

Mon: 8am–7pm
Tue: 8am–7pm
Wed: 12 noon–7pm
Thu: 8am–7pm
Fri: 9am–4pm
Sat: 11am–4pm
Sun: closed
- See more at: External Link/Members Only

Any UKP guys there?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:08:55 am by password02 »

Offline tazz

Heard from guys i knew that they had a tube stuck down their cock for a swab. This really puts me off see

LL

Heard from guys i knew that they had a tube stuck down their cock for a swab. This really puts me off see

They only ask for a throat swab if you suck cocks!

password02

When I went pin Friday I had a urine test.  No object was put in my dick.   Going again end of the week to be 110% clear. 

Offline Silver Birch

LL

Not true. Link below with my experience in red text!

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=23457.msg354247;topicseen#msg354247
I should have added, "in my experience".
I have been to three different GUM clinics. My experiences have not been like the one you linked. From reading reports from others it seems fairly uncommon to have anything stuck in you knob or throat unless you have symptoms. Even then it's not such a big deal. A mild smarting to the end of your cock (and yes I have had that done) hurts a lot less than an infection which has been allowed to progress, untreated, I imagine. Folks need to man up.

Offline anyfucker

They only ask for a throat swab if you suck cocks!
the throat swab is to test for oral gonorrhea, i had the full battery of tests.

Offline anyfucker

When I went pin Friday I had a urine test.  No object was put in my dick.   Going again end of the week to be 110% clear.
hi PW, how often have they recommended you go for testing?
when i went they said to go every three months.

password02

With the numbers I do or have done last 12 months I have Bern attending every month.  I usually go 1st Friday each month.  I was there last Friday 5th June and all clear.  Will go again tomorrow afternoon to do a retest so I can do a HIV blood test ad I had this in April so may as well do again.  Results back in 3-5 hours usually.

Offline closeshave

In and out in 35 minutes. Just starting to get busy as I left just before 3pm

It was not embarrassing answering a very attractive female nurses questions either
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:33:07 pm by closeshave »

Offline closeshave

Results including blood back in under three hours. Clear. Great service

password02

Results including blood back in under three hours. Clear. Great service

Nice - Full clean bill of health - all in under 35 mins

Offline Mr Br1ghts1de

Visited this morning for the 1st time.

Completed touch screen registration and questionnaire. Provided with a chip card containing my details for automatic admission next time.

Provided with a canister with a urine tube and specifically requested an oral swab too (they did not provide automatically based on my answers).

Interviewed by nurse who asked me about my sexual ways and the nationality of the last person I had sex with. She said they would also automatically check my Hep B immunity following my course 6 months ago.

Blood sample taken by nurse and then upstairs into one of the coloured rooms to complete urine and oral tests before depositing my canister in the shoot.

All done in 40 minutes.

Got 5 texts back within 3 hours confirming all clear including confirmation that my Hep B test shows that I am immune and protected from catching this infection.

Excellent service, well recommended.  :thumbsup:

LL

Provided with a chip card containing my details for automatic admission next time.
There's no chip in it - just your unique patient number printed on a sticker, stuck to the card.
I made a note of the number and ditched the card itself.  I don't need any more punterphernalia that I have to stash somewhere :D.
On subsequent visits, nobody has asked me to see the card, and I've been able to check in without needing to scan it at the touch-screen terminals (just enter your name and DOB instead).

Offline theblade

Having read this topic thought it would be wise to visit my local clinic in the Home Counties. Seems like it's a standard routine. Asked a few questions, gave a urine sample and blood. In and out in 30 mins. Only difference is I had to wait two weeks and ring the clinic for the results. As expected I got the all clear. Still a great service and didn't feel any embrassment about going. I don't punt allot but have seen 5 girls in the last 2-1/2 years so thought it was time. Feel great knowing everything is good. :drinks:

Offline Mr Br1ghts1de

There's no chip in it - just your unique patient number printed on a sticker, stuck to the card.
I made a note of the number and ditched the card itself.  I don't need any more punterphernalia that I have to stash somewhere :D.
On subsequent visits, nobody has asked me to see the card, and I've been able to check in without needing to scan it at the touch-screen terminals (just enter your name and DOB instead).

Mine has a barcode which says "scan the barcode below to check in to DSE" as well as my patient number.

They send your patient number to your phone (punting phone in my case) immediately upon registration too.   

password02

Visited this morning for the 1st time.

Completed touch screen registration and questionnaire. Provided with a chip card containing my details for automatic admission next time.

Provided with a canister with a urine tube and specifically requested an oral swab too (they did not provide automatically based on my answers).

Interviewed by nurse who asked me about my sexual ways and the nationality of the last person I had sex with. She said they would also automatically check my Hep B immunity following my course 6 months ago.

Blood sample taken by nurse and then upstairs into one of the coloured rooms to complete urine and oral tests before depositing my canister in the shoot.
All done in 40 minutes.
Got 5 texts back within 3 hours confirming all clear including confirmation that my Hep B test shows that I am immune and protected from catching this infection.
Excellent service, well recommended.  :thumbsup:

Glad all confirmed as clear  :thumbsup:

Nice to see you have hit the 1k posts

Offline claretandblue

Went to 34 Dean Street express today,as LL says that's the express service with 56 more for appointments

The staff are very friendly and put you at ease,if anyone deserves a payrise it is the people working there not working girls as some of the more foolish members of this site encourage.

Anyway back to the clinic I was in and out in forty minutes,blood test and urine plus my first hep b vaccine.  I got the results three hours later which were all negative
:yahoo: and will be returning in a week for the next hep b vaccine. This really is a great service, particular thanks to Mr password and LL for their words of wisdom on this subject  :hi:

password02

Went to 34 Dean Street express today,as LL says that's the express service with 56 more for appointments

The staff are very friendly and put you at ease,if anyone deserves a payrise it is the people working there not working girls as some of the more foolish members of this site encourage.

Anyway back to the clinic I was in and out in forty minutes,blood test and urine plus my first hep b vaccine.  I got the results three hours later which were all negative
:yahoo: and will be returning in a week for the next hep b vaccine. This really is a great service, particular thanks to Mr password and LL for their words of wisdom on this subject  :hi:

Glad all went well - It should be a matter of course for ALL punters to be regularly checked if not monthly or quarterly but at least once or twice a year depending on their punting numbers.

Quesadilla

If you don't want to keep the card Dean St give you and you have a punting phone that takes pictures simply take a snap of the barcode then when you visit show the snap to the barcode reader.  Simple.  :hi:

charming_red

Absolutely well said  :hi:

Offline claretandblue

Absolutely well said  :hi:
just did a quick Google and a sexual health adviser is on a annual salary in the late twenties, what they would give for a £20 a hour raise!

LL

At the express clinic they courier your blood samples across town to get your results back on the same day that you were tested.  I don't know of any other NHS clinics that provide such results on the same day.  Of course you can go private for a sexual health screening with same-day results but this would cost you a couple of hundred quid I believe.

I agree the staff are very friendly and helpful.  I've decided I'm going to make a small donation each time I go in future (the monetary kind ;)).  I found instructions of how to do so on their homepage.

To donate £3 to Dean Street text DEANST to 70300 (Orange, O2 and Vodafone customers only)

No I don't work for them just would like to give something back.

Offline PLeisure

At the express clinic they courier your blood samples across town to get your results back on the same day that you were tested.  I don't know of any other NHS clinics that provide such results on the same day.  Of course you can go private for a sexual health screening with same-day results but this would cost you a couple of hundred quid I believe.

I agree the staff are very friendly and helpful.  I've decided I'm going to make a small donation each time I go in future (the monetary kind ;)).  I found instructions of how to do so on their homepage.

No I don't work for them just would like to give something back.
Good to know - thanks for bringing it to our attention

Offline stayer

I've been to DSE on a number of occasions. On one of these occasions, the nurse recommended vaccination against hepatitis B. This requires a number of visits to receive the jabs. I will be returning soon for the last time to check that the antibodies have been created. The antibodies give you protection for life.

TheCape

I've been to DSE on a number of occasions. On one of these occasions, the nurse recommended vaccination against hepatitis B. This requires a number of visits to receive the jabs. I will be returning soon for the last time to check that the antibodies have been created. The antibodies give you protection for life.

Likewise Stayer although I'm told that I need to go back in a years time for a booster and that I am then protected for 5 years, rather than life.

marty_mcfly

After waiting for 15 days, I went this morning to the Dean Street Express GUM Clinic. It was around 10.30 am and it was not very busy. I was done within half an hour. The procedure was very well described by Password02, so I exactly knew what to expect.

The clinic is top class. Within the individual cubicles (with toilets), there were video screens to guide me through the process.

Being the hypochondriac that I am, I went for the full set of urine, swab and blood tests which also included confirmation of my immunity to Hepatitis B.  I received my blood test results for HIV, Syphillis and Hepatitis B within 3 hours, but surprisingly the urine test results for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia took 9 hours, which is more than the stated maximum of 6 hours. Nevertheless, it was a very pleasant overall experience.

I note that this is my 700th post on UKP, and what better way to celebrate it than to confirm that all my test results were negative. as can be seen below.

I have taken the photos of my punting phone from my normal phone and have crossed out parts of my clinic number for privacy reasons.

As the topic of this thread is to discuss the Dean Street Express GUM clinic, please keep all further discussions within this topic, otherwise this useful thread may be locked.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only